What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Sons of Anarchy Thread (1 Viewer)

Haven't watched last night's EP yet but Walter Goggins is in it? Oof.
He isn't just in it. He kinda steals the episode.
He's not a good actor. But that really isn't a problem on this show.
He really shows his chops in this one, gb. You'll gain a newfound respect for him, I guarantee it.
Does he act all crazy and googly-eyed?
Nope. He's a smooth operator in this role.

'Radio Free Homer said:
'Marvin said:
'Radio Free Homer said:
'Marvin said:
'Brady Marino said:
'Marvin said:
He really shows his chops in this one, gb. You'll gain a newfound respect for him, I guarantee it.
One might say he was born for it.

'Radio Free Homer said:
'Marvin said:
'Radio Free Homer said:
'Marvin said:
'Brady Marino said:
'Marvin said:
He's playing Sade?

'[icon] said:
'belljr said:
:lmao: can some tell me the last 10 minutes in a spoiler tag. I got up to "testing" the gun, andjax shwoing the mayor the envelope
IRA Tested the guns to seal the sale...shot up two SOA bikes in the process. Jax says they're "Sending the bill for the bikes"Jax showed Hale the envelope to let him know he had blackmail on the final vote needed for Charming HEights...hale waffled about getting in bed with the gang.

Tara and ##### Mom are getting close again.... Tara letting down guard, letting her around the kids.

Mayor calls jax to meet up... provides lease to property for brothel and tells jax to move ahead with blackmail.

Jax has lot on his mind, goes on ride and comes home to tara and mom asleep and a cooler had been delivered with a ### and finger for the mexi-gang.

A Home invasion hits Sheriff's home... his wife is shot seriously in the process. Definitely white dudes. She bites one on the neck likely leading to reveal next week.

That should cover the big stuff. :)
Don't we already know the home invasions are by the three new bikers in the club?

'Radio Free Homer said:
'Marvin said:
'Radio Free Homer said:
'Marvin said:
'Brady Marino said:
'Marvin said:
He's playing Sade?
you just almost ruined Sade for me

'[icon] said:
'belljr said:
:lmao: can some tell me the last 10 minutes in a spoiler tag. I got up to "testing" the gun, andjax shwoing the mayor the envelope
IRA Tested the guns to seal the sale...shot up two SOA bikes in the process. Jax says they're "Sending the bill for the bikes"Jax showed Hale the envelope to let him know he had blackmail on the final vote needed for Charming HEights...hale waffled about getting in bed with the gang.

Tara and ##### Mom are getting close again.... Tara letting down guard, letting her around the kids.

Mayor calls jax to meet up... provides lease to property for brothel and tells jax to move ahead with blackmail.

Jax has lot on his mind, goes on ride and comes home to tara and mom asleep and a cooler had been delivered with a ### and finger for the mexi-gang.

A Home invasion hits Sheriff's home... his wife is shot seriously in the process. Definitely white dudes. She bites one on the neck likely leading to reveal next week.

That should cover the big stuff. :)
Don't we already know the home invasions are by the three new bikers in the club?
Yes

Just watched it. Goggins is terrible. Still. That whole scene/set up was dumber than usual.
TRANSLATED: Marvin had a tigg boner for goggins and is struggling with a way to cope, so he's lashing out. What are you homos expecting, Law & Order? :lmao:

'[icon] said:
'Marvin said:
Just watched it.

Goggins is terrible. Still. That whole scene/set up was dumber than usual.
TRANSLATED: Marvin had a tigg boner for goggins and is struggling with a way to cope, so he's lashing out. What are you homos expecting, Law & Order? :lmao:
Not at all. SOA is a live-action cartoon for grown-ups. I don't expect much. But sometimes they go above and beyond silly. And having Goggins play the tranny was a mistake. It was like watching an SNL skit and laughing because they have the host in drag. "OMG, Peyton Manning/Jason Statham/John Goodman is in a dress! Haw haw haw!"

Last edited by a moderator:
The Goggins ####?...

The boxing match?...

The IRA guy shooting up the bikes?...

The entire "let's blackmail this fat guy into voting our way?...and then blackmail his stepson?...

Come on. That #### is beyond extraneous and is very dumb. Horrible episode...even by SOA standards.

P.S. Kurt.....less Gemma and Tara = better storyline.....

P.P.S What the hell is up with Filthy Phil?....the actor HAS to be related to Sutter.....I've never seen a lamer biker in all my life. Hell, Pee-Wee...after he was made an honorary member of Satan's Helpers, looked and acted tougher.

The Goggins ####?...The boxing match?...The IRA guy shooting up the bikes?...The entire "let's blackmail this fat guy into voting our way?...and then blackmail his stepson?...Come on. That #### is beyond extraneous and is very dumb. Horrible episode...even by SOA standards. P.S. Kurt.....less Gemma and Tara = better storyline.....P.P.S What the hell is up with Filthy Phil?....the actor HAS to be related to Sutter.....I've never seen a lamer biker in all my life. Hell, Pee-Wee...after he was made an honorary member of Satan's Helpers, looked and acted tougher.
:lmao: All true.

The Goggins ####?...The boxing match?...The IRA guy shooting up the bikes?...The entire "let's blackmail this fat guy into voting our way?...and then blackmail his stepson?...Come on. That #### is beyond extraneous and is very dumb. Horrible episode...even by SOA standards. P.S. Kurt.....less Gemma and Tara = better storyline.....P.P.S What the hell is up with Filthy Phil?....the actor HAS to be related to Sutter.....I've never seen a lamer biker in all my life. Hell, Pee-Wee...after he was made an honorary member of Satan's Helpers, looked and acted tougher.
Yeah - time for "Filthy" to do some real dirt or get into a fist fight or something. As far as I am concerned Juice is the one that dont fit in.

so will we see Tim Olyphant in an episode down the line to continue this FX cross-promotion? maybe Taco from The League as a customer of the new brothel? wait, that might actually be funny...

another good line from Clay last night during the fight:

Machete - "What's going on here?"

Clay - "Irish discussion."

so will we see Tim Olyphant in an episode down the line to continue this FX cross-promotion? maybe Taco from The League as a customer of the new brothel? wait, that might actually be funny...

another good line from Clay last night during the fight:

Machete - "What's going on here?"

Clay - "Irish discussion."
They just did his show, duh....

They need to bring in Michael Chiklis and have him play the owner of a gay bar but he's really an undercover game warden investigating SAMCRO's part in the poaching of squirrels.

It's hilarious reading all the cranky old dudes in here getting bent about a show being crappy. Why keep watching if it pisses you off this much?

Can you really lust after a tranny mere weeks after watching one of your daughters burn to death? Or goof off with a tranny after you've seen your best friend get his skull caved in by some black dudes? This show is very strange

sometimes.

Can you really lust after a tranny mere weeks after watching one of your daughters burn to death? Or goof off with a tranny after you've seen your best friend get his skull caved in by some black dudes? This show is very strange sometimes.
I guess you can make the excuse that Tig is just a damaged and strange human being, but otherwise, yeah, it's weird. But this show is no Breaking Bad when it comes to playing with your emotions.

Just watched the whole season last night on my DVR. Lots of gut wrenching scenes so far but a lot of meh mixed in. I find myself fast forwarding anytime Gemma or Tara come on the screen now. Don't give a rats ### about your female problems. Gemma is just pissing me off more and more. I want so bad for Jax to find out she killed his dad.

Clay is one wily SOB this year. You know he's behind the home invasions and the nomads coming into Charming but what's the play? Simple power grab or something more?

I'm hooked again though.

Yeah - time for "Filthy" to do some real dirt or get into a fist fight or something. As far as I am concerned Juice is the one that dont fit in.
They need to give him some face time. The dude is still a glorified prospect. I want to know what makes Phil tick. How does he fight? What's his angle? To me he looks like a gamer nerd more than a biker.

They need to give him some face time. The dude is still a glorified prospect. I want to know what makes Phil tick. How does he fight? What's his angle? To me he looks like a gamer nerd more than a biker.
Why did the guy that played Lemansky in The Shield have to die instead of that tub of goo? If you were going to kill someone in throw-away fashion, don't kill Lemansky!

SOA isn't the wire where each character needs to have 2-3 episodes worth of material but half the guys have been doing nothing.Chibs - went to jail saw oppie die got name of prison guard.Juice - got laid by madam. Took some pictures.Bobby - home from jail. New VP. Phil - got "foot" put on him.

The Goggins ####?...

The boxing match?...

The IRA guy shooting up the bikes?...

The entire "let's blackmail this fat guy into voting our way?...and then blackmail his stepson?...

Come on. That #### is beyond extraneous and is very dumb. Horrible episode...even by SOA standards.

P.S. Kurt.....less Gemma and Tara = better storyline.....

P.P.S What the hell is up with Filthy Phil?....the actor HAS to be related to Sutter.....I've never seen a lamer biker in all my life. Hell, Pee-Wee...after he was made an honorary member of Satan's Helpers, looked and acted tougher.
SOA isn't the wire where each character needs to have 2-3 episodes worth of material but half the guys have been doing nothing.Chibs - went to jail saw oppie die got name of prison guard.

Juice - got laid by madam. Took some pictures.

Bobby - home from jail. New VP.

Phil - got "foot" put on him.
Yea pretty much sums him up. Hell, peg leg is getting more face time then him. In fact, I didn't even know his name was Phil till this season. He doesn't need 2 or 3 episodes but give him a scene or two to play with. I'd settle for him rocking some headphones and a mic playing some online gaming. I swear he goes into the clubhouse at night and fires up the high speed to play some WOW for a raid or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
OH COME ON! Dennis Leary as a junky male prostitute? Timothy Elephant as a CHP officer with a foot fetish?

When the Sheriff ran the bikers off the road, it was daylight. When it came back from commercial, it was dark. That's a continuity mistake a freshman in film school makes. :rolleyes:

I thought it was just an ok episode. A lot of ground was covered, and I guess the big reveal in the end kinda told us what we already knew.

When the Sheriff ran the bikers off the road, it was daylight. When it came back from commercial, it was dark. That's a continuity mistake a freshman in film school makes. :rolleyes:I thought it was just an ok episode. A lot of ground was covered, and I guess the big reveal in the end kinda told us what we already knew.
Yeah, that was bizarre. But at this point, I think everyone here realizes it's essentially a live-action cartoon.

I accidentally walked back in the room as they were showing the scenes from next week. I saw less than two seconds of it, but they managed to completely ruin the surprise. God, that pisses me off so bad.

When the Sheriff ran the bikers off the road, it was daylight. When it came back from commercial, it was dark. That's a continuity mistake a freshman in film school makes. :rolleyes:
I didn't see it like that. When they came back from commercial, you could see the Sheriff standing up against his vehicle very calm, meaning there was probably some discussion already (that the viewer didn't see). When he got out of his vehicle earlier (still daytime), he got out fast and looked upset as he walked towards the gang.I think they were just showing that the discussion took a while, none of it important to the viewer. I think they purposely filmed it that way to show that.

I didn't see it like that. When they came back from commercial, you could see the Sheriff standing up against his vehicle very calm, meaning there was probably some discussion already (that the viewer didn't see). When he got out of his vehicle earlier (still daytime), he got out fast and looked upset as he walked towards the gang.I think they were just showing that the discussion took a while, none of it important to the viewer. I think they purposely filmed it that way to show that.
Yeah, I don't think that was a 2 minute encounter.

Well what else could they have been talking about while the sun went down? "Hey Sheriff, who are you voting for in the Presidential election?"

Well what else could they have been talking about while the sun went down? "Hey Sheriff, who are you voting for in the Presidential election?"
Right, you'd think they would get right to the meat of the conversation ASAP.

Worst kept secret of the season:

Clay leading the Nomads. Was pretty apparent from the opening episode. What's his angle though? Just discredit Jax and get all the heat on him? If I can't lead the club, no one can? Seems pretty weak revenge angle. Clay has got to have a deeper stake than that. He's playing it too hard just to ruin Jax.

Worst kept secret of the season:

Clay leading the Nomads. Was pretty apparent from the opening episode. What's his angle though? Just discredit Jax and get all the heat on him? If I can't lead the club, no one can? Seems pretty weak revenge angle. Clay has got to have a deeper stake than that. He's playing it too hard just to ruin Jax.
Seems like he's trying to win a coup while making Jax look bad in the process by being unable to solve the home invasions. The vote for the new coke deal with Pope was 6-5, and if Tigg hadn't made the deal in prison to back Jax no matter what, Jax would have lost the vote. So in the end, I think it's just a power play, but one that blows up in his face. Jax may see Clay as disposable after the big gun deal with Gallindo and the Irish is done.

Users who are viewing this thread