What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

L. Coles (1 Viewer)

facook

Footballguy
When Favre went to the Jets, all I heard was that Cotchery is Jennings and Coles is Driver. Cotchery's been pretty good, but Coles has been VERY mediocre. Absent in Week 1, and decent in Week 2 because he got a long gain on a busted play. Is Coles still a decent WR #3, or is that wishful thinking at this point?

Any homers with opinions?

When Favre went to the Jets, all I heard was that Cotchery is Jennings and Coles is Driver. Cotchery's been pretty good, but Coles has been VERY mediocre. Absent in Week 1, and decent in Week 2 because he got a long gain on a busted play. Is Coles still a decent WR #3, or is that wishful thinking at this point?Any homers with opinions?
All aboard the Chanci Stuckey Bandwagon!?!?!

When Favre went to the Jets, all I heard was that Cotchery is Jennings and Coles is Driver. Cotchery's been pretty good, but Coles has been VERY mediocre. Absent in Week 1, and decent in Week 2 because he got a long gain on a busted play. Is Coles still a decent WR #3, or is that wishful thinking at this point?Any homers with opinions?
He is definitely hurting.

Him and Favre aren't in sync yet. Coles is still stuck on losing Pennington (him and Pennington were pretty tight).

Coles has dropped a number of balls in the first two games and doesn't yet have a handle on Favre's ball.

His man love for Chad is carrying over

Trying to trade Coles and Edge or Perry for Braylon Edwards :goodposting:

Don't like the vibe from Coles this year and like someone else said it looks like the knee is bothering him more than they are letting on.

Cotchery actually hasn't been all that--I own him. He just isn't getting many targets, but then again, the NYJ staff seems intent on keeping pass attempts below 25-30 per game. I'm trying to shop Cotchery now myself. I don't think any NYJ WR is a slam dunk every week starter. Just my 2 cents

Coles still sits alot of plays out. Its enough to make me search for another WR3.
Obviously since I'm asking these questions I'm considering another #3 as well. In fact this week I'm sitting him for Kevin Walter. But I'm actually considering dropping Coles for Bryant Johnson and Justin Gage and those kinds of guys. But part of me wonders if I'm over-reacting and it will only be a couple more games before Coles and Favre start clicking. Coles did have 6 targets in week 2 and caught 3 of them for 70 yards, so that's a positive. But he's on the injury report again/still, and Stuckey's caught two TDs to Coles zero. In fact, on the Week 2 TD, it was Coles that ran off Stuckey's guy so that Stuckey could be wide open. Why not have those two routes reversed? That kind of thing scares me when Coles is my #3.

Coles still sits alot of plays out. Its enough to make me search for another WR3.
Obviously since I'm asking these questions I'm considering another #3 as well. In fact this week I'm sitting him for Kevin Walter. But I'm actually considering dropping Coles for Bryant Johnson and Justin Gage and those kinds of guys. But part of me wonders if I'm over-reacting and it will only be a couple more games before Coles and Favre start clicking. Coles did have 6 targets in week 2 and caught 3 of them for 70 yards, so that's a positive. But he's on the injury report again/still, and Stuckey's caught two TDs to Coles zero. In fact, on the Week 2 TD, it was Coles that ran off Stuckey's guy so that Stuckey could be wide open. Why not have those two routes reversed? That kind of thing scares me when Coles is my #3.
Bryant Johnson needs to be on your roster.

More than Coles? FBG is higher on Coles than Johnson from here on out. I'm torn.

More than Coles? FBG is higher on Coles than Johnson from here on out. I'm torn.
Haven't researched the FBG rankings. I trust them but I also know what I see. And what I see is Detroit Lion Offense part 2 in SF. Johnson did well last week and I expect him to have a great year. Coles isn't healthy and I still can't believe he pouted all summer.But I still drafted Coles like an idiot. Johnson is rostered in our league; otherwise I'd drop Coles for him.

Patience. Coles is not a rookie. We know his skill set so one can expect him to turn things around. The offense has been very conservative as Favre adjusts to a new playbook and personnel. Coles will be a fine WR3 and it may come this weekend against the Chargers. Also, it wasn't his knee that he injured, it was his thigh. Coles will get his numbers as the passing offense shapes up. Patience with your players is a big key to FF. Admittedly, you have to know when to cut bait but Coles is not someone to give up on given his consistent play in the past. Let the dust settle with the Jet offense and I'm confident Coles and Cotchery will perform at their ADP.

Patience. Coles is not a rookie. We know his skill set so one can expect him to turn things around. The offense has been very conservative as Favre adjusts to a new playbook and personnel. Coles will be a fine WR3 and it may come this weekend against the Chargers. Also, it wasn't his knee that he injured, it was his thigh. Coles will get his numbers as the passing offense shapes up. Patience with your players is a big key to FF. Admittedly, you have to know when to cut bait but Coles is not someone to give up on given his consistent play in the past. Let the dust settle with the Jet offense and I'm confident Coles and Cotchery will perform at their ADP.
coles owner and jet fan herethe guy is hurt, plain and simplehe stays on my bench until he plays every snap.. right now that is not the case.It could be in a few weeks, and I do think he is getting better, but this might be a post bye situation.

Users who are viewing this thread