Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Keeping your garage door 1/5 open

Juxtatarot

People do this across the country, right? Some homeowners leave it partially open....maybe 1/5 or so. Ever since I've been a little boy I've wondered about this. What's the point? Are you trying to air things out? Is this simply cool to do and I am unaware? This is one of those few topics that google can't answer and I don't know anyone well enough who does this personally to ask. Ergo, I turn to FBGs.

We did it when I was a kid so the cats could come and go. Then one day I tried to crawl under the door and I got stuck and I almost suffocated.The cats stayed outside from then on.

Why would the cats stay outside from then on? You couldn't trust yourself not to try to crawl under the door again or something?

We did it when I was a kid so the cats could come and go. Then one day I tried to crawl under the door and I got stuck and I almost suffocated.The cats stayed outside from then on.

Why would the cats stay outside from then on? You couldn't trust yourself not to try to crawl under the door again or something?
I'll go out on a limb with: scooter's parents didn't want their seed to win a Darwin Award.

I'll go out on a limb with: scooter's parents didn't want their seed to win a Darwin Award.
:)

pets maybe.

:)I let our cat out during the day. I leave one of our garage doors partially open so she can go in and out. Her food/water/litter box is in there and it allows her to get out of the sun/rain/etc. Although mine is open about 1/10 of the way.
This is cool if you live on a few acres and have no close neighbors. It is defintely uncool if you live in a neighborhood.

People do this across the country, right? Some homeowners leave it partially open....maybe 1/5 or so. Ever since I've been a little boy I've wondered about this. What's the point? Are you trying to air things out? Is this simply cool to do and I am unaware? This is one of those few topics that google can't answer and I don't know anyone well enough who does this personally to ask. Ergo, I turn to FBGs.

I do this often. I have plenty of stuff in the garage that I do not care for the whole world to see. Yet I want airflow.

pets maybe.

:tinfoilhat:I let our cat out during the day. I leave one of our garage doors partially open so she can go in and out. Her food/water/litter box is in there and it allows her to get out of the sun/rain/etc. Although mine is open about 1/10 of the way.
This is cool if you live on a few acres and have no close neighbors. It is defintely uncool if you live in a neighborhood.
:goodposting:

my dog (who is trained to stay in our yard) has a field day with neighborhood cats who wander into our yard. I really hope she gets a hold of one, one of these days.

pets maybe.

:no:I let our cat out during the day. I leave one of our garage doors partially open so she can go in and out. Her food/water/litter box is in there and it allows her to get out of the sun/rain/etc. Although mine is open about 1/10 of the way.
Live in a neighborhood. My cat never leaves my property. When I come home she is always lying on the welcome mat in front of my door. She is fat and lazy.

Archived