What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is "lesser" Steve Smith a sneaky start this week? (1 Viewer)

GiantsRule

Footballguy
Trying to figure out if I might get some good value out of my waiver wire pick of the week - Steve Smith (Giants' version).

Had a nice game at the #3 slot vs. Cincy, but now gets to play alongside Toomer against a pretty weak defense. Considering starting him over McClain or A. Gonzalez, but I keep hearing that the Giants will rely mostly on the run this week rather than just sub in Plax's value with a substitute receiver.

Are the critics right, or does Smith have a coming out party today? Anybody else considering hiving him a one-week plug-in start?

Trying to figure out if I might get some good value out of my waiver wire pick of the week - Steve Smith (Giants' version).Had a nice game at the #3 slot vs. Cincy, but now gets to play alongside Toomer against a pretty weak defense. Considering starting him over McClain or A. Gonzalez, but I keep hearing that the Giants will rely mostly on the run this week rather than just sub in Plax's value with a substitute receiver.Are the critics right, or does Smith have a coming out party today? Anybody else considering hiving him a one-week plug-in start?
I am right in your boat on this one, except I am drinking the FBG koolaid and going with Hixon. I imagine Toomer is going to draw more attention and Hixon has been drawing rave reviews from the coaches. I see 2 (maybe 3) passing TD's today with one more than likely going to Boss. It is hit or miss at this point and frankly if you are counting on a NYG WR as your WR2, you are in trouble. Flex then you might be okay.One of the NYG WR's are going to end the day 3-4 catches 28-31 yards and you are going to be :thumbup:

Trying to figure out if I might get some good value out of my waiver wire pick of the week - Steve Smith (Giants' version).Had a nice game at the #3 slot vs. Cincy, but now gets to play alongside Toomer against a pretty weak defense. Considering starting him over McClain or A. Gonzalez, but I keep hearing that the Giants will rely mostly on the run this week rather than just sub in Plax's value with a substitute receiver.Are the critics right, or does Smith have a coming out party today? Anybody else considering hiving him a one-week plug-in start?
I am right in your boat on this one, except I am drinking the FBG koolaid and going with Hixon. I imagine Toomer is going to draw more attention and Hixon has been drawing rave reviews from the coaches. I see 2 (maybe 3) passing TD's today with one more than likely going to Boss. It is hit or miss at this point and frankly if you are counting on a NYG WR as your WR2, you are in trouble. Flex then you might be okay.One of the NYG WR's are going to end the day 3-4 catches 28-31 yards and you are going to be :goodposting:
Yeah, but it's PPR and I was hoping Smith would have another multiple-look day. Plus, I didn't like McClain's prospects when I thought he would start vs. Tenn; now that he's backing up McGahee? Eccch.

Users who are viewing this thread