What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pats Direct Snap (1 Viewer)

Who says the old dog Patriots can't learn a new trick? Kevin Faulk scored Sunday after taking a direct snap and then rushing for the score.

:goodposting:

I'm not a pats fan, but I'm pretty sure I've seen this for years, including in the Superbowl

Who says the old dog Patriots can't learn a new trick? Kevin Faulk scored Sunday after taking a direct snap and then rushing for the score.

:thumbup:

I'm not a pats fan, but I'm pretty sure I've seen this for years, including in the Superbowl
Including Brady jumping up and running back like it was a bad snap. Short memories up in here sometimes.

Indeed. The Patriots use it somewhat often on goal line situations and have for years. Brady's made an art of pretending the ball was snapped over his head and if anybody really watched the play, they'd see Cassel mimic that move completely.

Indeed. The Patriots use it somewhat often on goal line situations and have for years. Brady's made an art of pretending the ball was snapped over his head and if anybody really watched the play, they'd see Cassel mimic that move completely.
Because Brady was the first QB/Punter/Holder to come up with this gem.

- SB38: Kevin Faulk takes the direct snap for the 2pt conversion as Brady acts like the snap went over his head, giving the Pats a 29-22 lead.

- Divisional playoff in '06 postseason @ San Diego: Same play, same situation, Pats tie game at 21. Faulk came in motion late in this play to wind up right next to Brady. The motion caused Schottenheimer to recognize it too late and he couldn't get a timeout called in time.

- Divisional playoff in '07 postseason vs. Jacksonville: Pats fake this play as Faulk runs in front of Brady at the snap to obscure the fact that Brady actually took the snap, defense goes towards Faulk as Brady finds Welker for the TD. Brady actually hid the ball low with one hand while holding one hand up high like the snap went over his head.

Yes, the Pats did not copy the Dolphins with this play. They've done it at least twice and faked it once since '03.

:confused: next they're gonna' tell me that NE has started using "OMAHA" to signal for the snap just like MIA does.

Ah Kevin Faulk, the new Troy Brown. He's been adding value for years. Helluva guy!!!

(As a confirmed Patriots RBBC fan, I've picked up Faulk from the waiver wire.)

Stop the madness!

It's embarrassing that Randy Cross who has been covering the Patriots for the last few years in the pre-season and is a self-proclaimed know-it-all commented on the novelty of the play.

Users who are viewing this thread