What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Josh Morgan? (1 Viewer)

da_budman

Footballguy
I see where he got the start this past week and did pretty well with it. Has he became the #2 WR in SF now? Any homers have insight as to whether he will keep that job and be worth a pickup in redraft leagues? A number of us where pretty high on him pre-season and he was lights out untill he got that staph infection. Insight from any homers would be appreciated as I am still searching for a 3rd wr to start each week.

I see where he got the start this past week and did pretty well with it. Has he became the #2 WR in SF now? Any homers have insight as to whether he will keep that job and be worth a pickup in redraft leagues? A number of us where pretty high on him pre-season and he was lights out untill he got that staph infection. Insight from any homers would be appreciated as I am still searching for a 3rd wr to start each week.
as per rotoworldJosh Morgan-WR- 49ers Oct. 20 - 4:29 pm et 49ers coach Mike Nolan confirmed Monday that rookie Josh Morgan will continue to be the team's starting split end.Bryant Johnson has been permanently benched and is likely now a fourth receiver because Arnaz Battle plays in the slot. Morgan is still a work in progress as a route runner, but by far possesses the most big-play ability in the 49ers' receiver corps. While Morgan is likely to be inconsistent, he should be owned in all leagues as a starter in a pass-heavy attack.

Probably be smart to grab him, especially in dynasty leagues.
Even moreso now than ever. Martz has now included Morgan as one of the greatest he's ever coached, joining the likes of Kitna and O'Sullivan. :) :rolleyes: The Press Democrat reports while San Francisco 49ers interim HC Mike Singletary likes rookie WR Josh Morgan's talent, he did not declare him the starting split end. "I think right now, OC Mike Martz wants to really sit back and kind of analyze how everybody is doing," said Singletary. "When you have young players... you have Josh. He has a world of talent and when you hear Coach Martz say this guy has more talent than just about any receiver he's ever coached, that's a huge statement. NO IT'S NOT. HE SAYS THAT ABOUT EVERY HAM-&-EGGER HE COACHES. For him it's just a matter of confidence. He is doing great and then all of sudden something happens. He might drop a ball, he may miss a block, and then boom. You just have to work at getting him back. Once he learns that, he's going to be really explosive. I'm really excited about him."

My gawd, is Mike Martz a tool or what? How can any of the players even beleive what this ##### says?

Probably be smart to grab him, especially in dynasty leagues.
Even moreso now than ever. Martz has now included Morgan as one of the greatest he's ever coached, joining the likes of Kitna and O'Sullivan. :thumbup: :loco: The Press Democrat reports while San Francisco 49ers interim HC Mike Singletary likes rookie WR Josh Morgan's talent, he did not declare him the starting split end. "I think right now, OC Mike Martz wants to really sit back and kind of analyze how everybody is doing," said Singletary. "When you have young players... you have Josh. He has a world of talent and when you hear Coach Martz say this guy has more talent than just about any receiver he's ever coached, that's a huge statement. NO IT'S NOT. HE SAYS THAT ABOUT EVERY HAM-&-EGGER HE COACHES. For him it's just a matter of confidence. He is doing great and then all of sudden something happens. He might drop a ball, he may miss a block, and then boom. You just have to work at getting him back. Once he learns that, he's going to be really explosive. I'm really excited about him."

My gawd, is Mike Martz a tool or what? How can any of the players even beleive what this ##### says?
:lmao: Nice post. Interesting. Does this mean I have to pick him back up again after the bye?

With rookie WR's paitence is the key in dynasty. I think most of us savey owners know this. Josh Morgan imo is a great long term prospect. He easisly passed the eye test and in time will be the #1 stud in SF. He is very Boldin esque IMO. And even though he cost me a couple of wins this past week I am still very excited about his prospects to become the next big thing at WR in the not to distant future. The kid has mad skills and in time will settle down and play the game at a very high level.

Another great young prospect who was actually cut in one of my dynasty leagues (and promptly picked up by yours truly) that I feel will be a big time player is Limas Sweed. This will be one of the better classes as a whole in a long time at this position IMO.

Avery

Royal

Jackson

Sweed

Thomas

Morgan

All have tremendous upside.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread