What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FANTASY CHOKERS-Players Who Kill Your Team (1 Viewer)

Houston turmOiler

Footballguy
Since the time is soon approaching that many of us will be eliminated from the playoffs with heartbreaking losses, I thought it was appropriate to list the players that let you down when you counted on them the most. For instance, Reggie Wayne has killed me all year when I needed him to have a solid (not even great) game. When I don't need him, he goes off. When I need him, he SUCKS. For years he's killed me on opponents teams, so I thought it would be fun to finally have him on my side. He's a very good player, but he just doesn't seem to like being on my fantasy team. :rant:

Here are some others for me, feel free to list and elaborate on the guys who pi$$ you off as well:

Stephanie Jackson--this dude killed me in my Super Bowl a couple of years ago, I probably single-handedly wrecked my season because I drafted this sissy again. Dude can't play hurt at all. WILL NEVER HAVE HER ON MY TEAM EVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!

Donnie Avery--can't pick the right week with this guy, tired of his act as well. Only a rook so not as bad as Stephanie. (NOTE TO SELF--it is not 1999-2000 anymore--DO NOT USE RAMS on fantasy teams)

Jason Witten--solid performer overall for sure. Let me down a couple of years ago, then had huge year last season (not on my team) :goodposting: Thought I'd give him another shot, started out on fire but now graces the side of a milk carton while my team is done in yet again...

MJD

Ronnie Brown

Owen Daniels

I seem to be out of the playoffs now even though I have 1 of the highest scoring teams.

Reggie Wayne was my #1 overall (PPR), and has been largely a disappointment after a good start to the year. Don't know what's wrong with him, but I hope he straightens it out soon, I don't think I can bring myself to bench him.

Reggie Wayne was my #1 overall (PPR), and has been largely a disappointment after a good start to the year. Don't know what's wrong with him, but I hope he straightens it out soon, I don't think I can bring myself to bench him.
he didn't even look like he could get off the line of scrimmage last night. Seemed like Cromartie was up in his face almost every play...

The problem doesn't seem to be Wayne. Manning just can't seem to connect with him. Same with Harrison. It is like Manning has lost the ability to connect with his main WRs. Now it is Gonzalez, Clark and Addai who get 80% of the looks.

Brandon Marshall and Reggie Wayne have killed me all year long. It seemed so good after those first 3 weeks or so.

Santana Moss has sure pulled a disappearing act on me. He was my #2, playing like a #1 for the first half of the season and then *poof* he's mediocre again. If I limp into the playoffs, I will have some tough choices to make at that spot...

Honorable mention to Steven Jackson (although, it's been so long since he was in my lineup that I have become accustomed to replacing him with my backups).

Jake "The Snake" Cutler
x2 and Gates....wow.....I'm tied going into tonight with a team that dressed McNabb for pete's sake. I have Grant/Driver and he has Moore. My luck, Moore will go for 150 and a TD and Grant gets dinged early and Driver is non-existent.

MJDRonnie BrownOwen DanielsI seem to be out of the playoffs now even though I have 1 of the highest scoring teams.
:popcorn:All three of these guys have been top performers this year. Your expectations may need a little tempering.

MJDRonnie BrownOwen DanielsI seem to be out of the playoffs now even though I have 1 of the highest scoring teams.
:popcorn: All three of these guys have been top performers this year. Your expectations may need a little tempering.
Owen Daniels has not been a top performer this year. He's had a couple great games which have skewed his statistics. Something like 5 of his last 6 games have ended up with a total of 5 fantasy points.

Andre Johnson,

Sure he gets receptions and good yardage, but the league I have him in is a TD heavy league and his lack of TD's is killing me. Of course Turner made up for a lot of my guys this week :popcorn:

:blackdot: All three of these guys have been top performers this year. Your expectations may need a little tempering.
Owen Daniels has not been a top performer this year. He's had a couple great games which have skewed his statistics. Something like 5 of his last 6 games have ended up with a total of 5 fantasy points.
Okay, it does seem that Sage doesn't look to Daniels nearly as much as Schaub.And the other two?

Marshall. Can't stop starting him, but if he doesn't step up I'll be a one-and-done come playoffs.

Every year I swear my WR3 outperforms my WR1. This year I hit gold with White.

Frank Gore

Then to top it off Foster got the cheap TD yesterday

what happened to Gore being a ppr machine this year with Martz

sucktitude at its finest, and his schedule doesn't get any easier

Frank GoreThen to top it off Foster got the cheap TD yesterdaywhat happened to Gore being a ppr machine this year with Martzsucktitude at its finest, and his schedule doesn't get any easier
Luckily, I had him teamed up with DeAngelo and double-dipped on Thigpen and Bradley yesterday. Gore will get his...however, I do wish I had started Ward over him...but did not know until late that Jacobs was going to be out.If you get to the Championship, he gets St. Louis...I believe he will fair well against Buffalo and Miami...the Jets do have be concerned...

How has Lee Evans not been mentioned yet? He tops my list!

I've also been less than pleased with Reggie Wayne and Plaxico Burress.

Like some, I was very quick to take a later round pick like CJ3 and ratchet his early good fantasy games up into his new "floor" every week. Backing out guys like that and significant injuries, I'm left with Reggie Wayne.

How has Lee Evans not been mentioned yet? He tops my list!
I was going to mention him, but we've come to expect inconsistency from him that it doesn't come as much of a shock.For those owning LT, I think that is the easy answer considering the expectations.

For me it's Kevin Walter. Dude goes off when I bench him and does nothing (while AJ catches like 15 balls) when I start him.

Users who are viewing this thread