Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Check in if you're staying home New Year's

flapgreen

Here. The Amazon Prime truck came by and delivered The Damned's Damned Damned Damned under the late Xmas tree. Listening to "I Feel Alright" and definitely staying in. Checking in here.  

Freaking amateur hour out there.  

• Like 3

My daughters are both out of town this week so my wife and I did some day drinking and hit a few places, watched the MSU football/soccer game at a local bar.  Got home about an hour ago and both have jammers on.  I have lobster tails in the fridge and was going to make a nice dinner but was a little buzzed when we got home so just ordered a pizza.   Will make the tails tomorrow.

We are still drinking though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

My daughters are both out of town this week so my wife and I did some day drinking and hit a few places, watched the MSU football/soccer game at a local bar.  Got home about an hour ago and both have jammers on.  I have lobster tails in the fridge and was going to make a nice dinner but was a little buzzed when we got home so just ordered a pizza.   Will make the tails tomorrow.

We are still drinking though.

Jammers??

• Like 1

It's usually a bunch of jackasses from the northern climes running around acting stupid so we tend to stay in on New Years. Have a couple of Porterhouse steaks to grill along with a salad and a veg. Drinking a cold Mich Ultra (staying under 20 carbs/day - Keto) but will probably open a bottle of red in a bit. We used to go up to our 3rd floor roof deck to watch the fireworks but we moved out of that place last year. We will probably go up to the third floor roof deck of our unfinished house and start the tradition from there (it's directly across the street from where we used to live). 

Turns out the state of Florida will allow you to buy fireworks you have no business lighting yourself.  Spent the last hour trying not to JPP myself for the entertainment of my children.  I told them they could stay up, but they are headed to bed (11 and 7).  Wife and I are probably soon to follow if we don't have anything we HAVE to watch on the DVR.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

Had dinner reservations. 2018 sucked so bad we didn't feel like celebrating. So cancelled the reservation, stayed home and grilled salmon and asparagus. Now drinking some of our favorite red wine. Going to watch a comedy we taped off the free HBO weekend. Be in bed by 10:00. Winning!

We did the same thing after our horrible 2016. It was definitely the right move. I hope 2019 is a better year for you and your family buddy. 

• Love 1

Me and the wife and the boy went to the movies today (sidenote: if you've already seen the Karate Kid, Godzilla, and the third Matrix, feel free to skip Aquaman).  Cooked a 7pound porkbutt in a mess of sauerkraut tonight.  Glass of two of scotch,  watch the ball drop and call it a night.  Boring as hell, and that's exactly what I want right about now.

HNY to all the FFA broheims.  Here's to a good 2019 for us all. 

• Like 6

In.

Cool and rainy tonight in AZ. Had a nice bowl of leftover chili earlier. Might go watch a movie or something soon with the younger daughter as she is insisting on staying up until midnight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Osaurus said:

Sounds like artillery firing in my neighborhood right now

Yea same in my neighborhood.  2 of my dogs are freaking out.  The bloodhound could care less though.  Sounds like they are using the artillery simulators that we use to use in the Army during war games.  Happy New Years everyone. 

2 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

What brand are the pickles?  I like Vlasics but Mt. Olives are good too.

2 hours ago, Osaurus said:

Claussen or gtfo

Chateauneuf du pape obviously pairs best with Boar's Head pickles, you savages.

Mr. krista went to work at 8 this morning and won't be home until well after midnight.  He has our only car since he totaled mine a month ago and my new one hasn't arrived yet.  I could have made efforts to go somewhere anyway, but...meh.  It's not worth going out on this night.

So Beatles documentaries, Bowl games, and leftover pizza it is!  Well, and top-flight wine, of course.  

Some of y'all's nights sound fantastic, by the way.

Edited by krista4
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

Grilled up some shrimp and crostinis. Drinking craft beer with my 22 yo son and watching World Juniors. Wife might make it to midnight maybe.

Watching Worlds also.  

Edited by rockaction

Was going to take the family to Kings Island (open to 1 am) but it was raining all day/night.  Stayed here and watched a movie and played a board game.  Kids are now playing the Xbox and I’m getting drunk listening to tunes while why my wife does whatever it is she’s doing. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

4 minutes ago, shuke said:

Was going to take the family to Kings Island (open to 1 am) but it was raining all day/night.  Stayed here and watched a movie and played a board game.  Kids are now playing the Xbox and I’m getting drunk listening to tunes while why my wife does whatever it is she’s doing. 

The NYE as a kid I got to stay up playing GoldenEye was one of my most memorable :lol:

Edited by Slapdash
  • Like 1

We just sat on the porch and then walked to the end of the road to take in the New Year.  Because we are up on a big hill, great views of downtown and fireworks going off around the city of Charlotte :thumbup:

Happy New Year to all y'all!

Edited by Slapdash
  • Like 8