What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Check in if you're staying home New Year's (1 Viewer)

Haven't gone out for years. Sister and her fam come over. For some reason the tradition got started that they bring shrimp and those chik-fila nuggets. We hang out and none of us drink. Usually play some Sequence and Wii. Then we light off one firework and bang pans at midnight.
Still pretty much this. Food has changed slightly. My wife has come up with some great bacon-wrapped wieners. Then shrimp and pizza. Forgot to play games. We just sat around and told stories. Interesting as the kids are getting older and now hanging with the "adults". Lit off a really sweet firework at midnight and banged pans. Got some neighbors up and looking out their windows/doors like something crazy was up.

Still kickin it old school. Now have 2 kids, so definitely no going out in the near future. Now...LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!! :pickle:

Sitting at home watching the dreamy Ryan seacrest and the dreamy Carson daly duke it out for my attention.

Waiting for my turn to play Ocarina of Time on the Game Cube. My son is hogging it.

That is the extent of my partying tonight

In again. When you don't drink, hard to just go on out for New Year's Eve without a purpose. Doing the CNN thing as it usually cracks me up.

-QG

Wish I'd read my stuff from 12/31/08 earlier in the day. Apparently I had good time with gin and I have none in the house. I guess it was a pretty good way to spend my last NYE as a non-dad.

Planning to finish off the beer I have around here shortly after midnight, then get up early tomorrow morning with the boys. Also plan to get in some morning drinking tomorrow with the boys. The thing I miss most about this time of year is putting on a pot of chili, grabbing a case of beer and watching about ten bowl games on New Year's Day.

I guess this is the mocking of New Year Eve celebrations thread. :unsure:

taylor Swift needs to go back to pop-country music because her straight hair "everyone has ####ed me over" pop music stinks.

I'm home and drinking beer. Feeding the lady spicy Bloody Mary's. Our 4yr old has explosive diarreha. Hoping for a hummer, then bleaching the bathroom. Again.

Happy New Years FBG.

Wish I'd read my stuff from 12/31/08 earlier in the day. Apparently I had good time with gin and I have none in the house. I guess it was a pretty good way to spend my last NYE as a non-dad.Planning to finish off the beer I have around here shortly after midnight, then get up early tomorrow morning with the boys. Also plan to get in some morning drinking tomorrow with the boys. The thing I miss most about this time of year is putting on a pot of chili, grabbing a case of beer and watching about ten bowl games on New Year's Day.
The thing I miss about this time of year is waking up in Vegas next to a naked girl, sneaking out of her room and meeting my buddies at the Barbary sports book. My wife and I were recounting earlier what we did the New Years before we met each other. She had a near story about having out with friends in her home town. I had to make up a story on the fly because the truth (Vegas, guns b roses, etc etc) would have ended the marriage. My life has been downhill for years.

Wish I'd read my stuff from 12/31/08 earlier in the day. Apparently I had good time with gin and I have none in the house. I guess it was a pretty good way to spend my last NYE as a non-dad.Planning to finish off the beer I have around here shortly after midnight, then get up early tomorrow morning with the boys. Also plan to get in some morning drinking tomorrow with the boys. The thing I miss most about this time of year is putting on a pot of chili, grabbing a case of beer and watching about ten bowl games on New Year's Day.
The thing I miss about this time of year is waking up in Vegas next to a naked girl, sneaking out of her room and meeting my buddies at the Barbary sports book. My wife and I were recounting earlier what we did the New Years before we met each other. She had a near story about having out with friends in her home town. I had to make up a story on the fly because the truth (Vegas, guns b roses, etc etc) would have ended the marriage. My life has been downhill for years.
I also miss seeing Fat Elvis at the Barbary Coast.

Man Jim Carrey must have been a complete docuhebag but Jenny McCarthy is acting like a drunk psycho on the ABC special now. At this rate next year she is going to give out BJ's to the cops :excited:

Jenny McCarthy sould be on TV more, actually an interesting controversial person.
I keep telling my wife that she should look past Jenny being responsible for the deaths of thousands of kids and look to her as a role model since she's smoking ####### hot at 40.

Wow looking at that post I think it is time to stop drinking. I have hit the wall and listening to Justin Beiber :unsure:

Quick programming note here - Listening to Robert Earl Keen while watching Taylor Swift prance around a stage in leather pants on TV improves both experiences.

Damn where do people go so fast in NYC? I mean it is 12:50 and most of the people at the ball ceremony have left and the ones left are waiting for Jenny McCarthy to blow them. The subway system isn't that good

by they way, has Flo Rida has almost been this lame? I mean at this rate he is going to do songs with Justin beiber

Watched the ball drop in Times Square on tv. Wishing my neighbors would shut up and go to bed. I'm officially old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished a stressfull game of pictionary with wife and kids. My wife and daughter won. Daughter starts 2013 out grounded for 1 week.

Wife will pay later after kids go to bed. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Taylor Swift is smokin' hot. :wub:
Agreed. My neighbors are all partying and getting drunk. My wife is in bed texting them as they ask us to join. She tells them we can't because I am passed out drunk. :confused: then she gets mad at me getting mad at her when I say I have a reputation (neighborhood drunk party guy) to protect. Women are nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread