What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Joe Flacco, IND (5 Viewers)

Flacco sucks. Huge downgrade for Sutton and Hamilton, Sanders is done. Possible bump for Lindsay due to dump-offs. If you wanted a bridge QB, just pay Keenum his full salary for the year, you've got to pay him $7M guaranteed either way. If they do still draft a QB in the first, he'll be starting by mid-season.
Flacco may suck in the fantasy game, but he is more than competent as an NFL QB. I believe he's only had ONE losing season in his 10+ years in the league. Her's no Tom Brady of course, but he is a very good NFL QB.

I wonder if the Ravens were good b/c of Flacco or their defense. In his 11 seasons, their scoring offense was top 10 3 times and top 7 zero times. The scoring D was top 10 9 times and top 7 7 times. Since 2015, in Flacco's starts, Ravens are 24-27 and he has 64 TD and 46 INT, 5.36 any/a, 82.7 rtg. Long story short, he is definitely not a very good NFL QB.

Flacco may suck in the fantasy game, but he is more than competent as an NFL QB. I believe he's only had ONE losing season in his 10+ years in the league. Her's no Tom Brady of course, but he is a very good NFL QB.
That’s 5x better than Drew Brees

Last edited by a moderator:
I put this in the other thread but he's had stud defenses his entire tenure in Baltimore. They've ranked outside the top 12 in pts allowed only once the entire time he's been there, most of those years they were a top 6 defense or better. Since they won the SB, he's missed the playoffs 4 out of 6 seasons and one of the 2 times they've made it, he got benched mid-season for a rookie.

Lamar Jackson just went 6-1 with the same Ravens team that was 4-5 under Flacco.

If Flacco had played for a normal franchise and not one that could somehow keep a top defense together for more than a decade he'd be bagging my groceries right now.

🤨

I would argue that if the last few years there wasn’t a combination of lack of talent at the position plus the insane amount of money invested in him, Flacco wouldn’t be in the league. 

I wonder if the Ravens were good b/c of Flacco or their defense. In his 11 seasons, their scoring offense was top 10 3 times and top 7 zero times. The scoring D was top 10 9 times and top 7 7 times. Since 2015, in Flacco's starts, Ravens are 24-27 and he has 64 TD and 46 INT, 5.36 any/a, 82.7 rtg. Long story short, he is definitely not a very good NFL QB.
I don’t wonder at all. 

And as mentioned this is all with one of the best defenses in the league so he has had no reason to force to ball on a regular basis. 

The Broncos aren't expected to restructure Joe Flacco's contract.

Flacco is the 10th highest paid quarterback in the league with a $18.5 million salary. Denver doesn't plan to ask him to take a pay cut despite losing his starting job to Lamar Jackson and missing time with a hip injury last year. Flacco is owed $63 million the next three seasons, though none of that is guaranteed.

SOURCE: Mike Klis on Twitter

Feb 16, 2019, 12:14 PM

I think he is an average at best regular season QB but as I tried to argue previously in this thread he's kind of a good to great playoff QB. Saw someone post a stat the other day I could not believe. Flacco is all time NFL leader in postseason road wins, that much I knew. 7 playoff road wins and 5 of those games he was facing future HOF QB's.

The stat surprised me that someone posted was that the entire Denver franchise only has 3 playoff road wins.

Not expecting much better than his play in BALT. The OC has never been an OC at this level. Rich Scangarello. Hopefully he wont call deep outs on 3rd and 2 repeatedly like the OCs in BALT did.

Elways states "At 34 years old, thought he (Flacco) was just going into his prime" and has plenty of football left in him. 

Per DLF... "Elway is clearly on the hot seat in Denver after failing to successfully address the quarterback position. It seems the reason may be because he's now gone insane."

Ah... a nice chuckle on a slow Thursday afternoon. :D

Twitter link 

Elways states "At 34 years old, thought he (Flacco) was just going into his prime" and has plenty of football left in him. 

Per DLF... "Elway is clearly on the hot seat in Denver after failing to successfully address the quarterback position. It seems the reason may be because he's now gone insane."

Ah... a nice chuckle on a slow Thursday afternoon. :D

Twitter link 

Elway must be spending too much time in the Cannabis shops.

Speaking Monday, Joe Flacco said he had no interest in mentoring second-round QB Drew Lock.

"I got so many things to worry about," Flacco said, embarking on his second-straight season of poor leadership ahead of a rookie quarterback. "I’m not worried about developing guys or any of that. That is what it is. I hope he does develop. I don’t look at that as my job. My job is to go win football games for this football team." As was the case with Lamar Jackson, Flacco figures to be replaced by Lock at some point in 2019.

SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

May 13, 2019, 3:33 PM ET

Speaking Monday, Joe Flacco said he had no interest in mentoring second-round QB Drew Lock.

"I got so many things to worry about," Flacco said, embarking on his second-straight season of poor leadership ahead of a rookie quarterback. "I’m not worried about developing guys or any of that. That is what it is. I hope he does develop. I don’t look at that as my job. My job is to go win football games for this football team." As was the case with Lamar Jackson, Flacco figures to be replaced by Lock at some point in 2019.

SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

May 13, 2019, 3:33 PM ET
Sweet, the Big Ben approach! Except from a guy with, you know, about 40% of Big Ben's talent.

"That's a bold strategy, Cotton - let's see how it works out for him."

Sweet, the Big Ben approach! Except from a guy with, you know, about 40% of Big Ben's talent.

"That's a bold strategy, Cotton - let's see how it works out for him."
While this makes him look like a huge tool, Denver fans should be happy the illustrious Joe Flacco won’t be showing the new guy everything he knows....like how to check down and how to ride a defense to a ridiculous contract. 

Joe Flacco completed 21-of-31 passes for 268 yards and a touchdown in Week 1 against the Raiders.

It was a rough debut for Flacco, who was held without a touchdown until the Broncos’ final drive. He made some mental mistakes — taking an early sack that put the Broncos out of field goal range. With Drew Lock on IR, Flacco is locked in as the starter but isn’t going to be much of an upgrade on Case Keenum. Flacco’s willingness to take deep shots is good for Courtland Sutton’s ROS outlook.

Sep 10, 2019, 1:18 AM ET

Joe Flacco completed 21-of-34 passes for 213 yards, zero touchdowns and zero interceptions in the Broncs' 30-6, Week 7 loss to the Chiefs.

In a truly dismaying performance, Flacco also lost a fumble six and took eight sacks against the Chiefs' previously underachieving pass rush. It's not like Flacco was receiving good blocking, but he deserved a large share of the blame for the quarterback takedowns. The Chiefs were teeing off on a player with the mobility of a tackling dummy. Things got so bad that normally quarterback defensive FOX analyst Troy Aikman was wondering why Flacco had not been benched for Brandon Allen. Flacco has produced more than one score in just 6-of-7 starts. Truly pathetic. With Allen not really a realistic option, Flacco figures to be under center in Indianapolis next week. Rookie Drew Lock (thumb) is nearing a return from injured reserve.

Wow, Flacco is done. He never really cared all that much, other than when playing for his big money contract during the Ravens 2012 Super Bowl run. Now his lack of effort and prep has combined with declining natural skills to create a truly terrible NFL QB. 

Amazingly, he is #21 on all the all-time list for career QB wins with 97 and 1 more (which he might not get) would tie him for #18 all-time with Drew Bledsoe, Dave Krieg and Donovan McNabb. His career reminds me a fair amount of Phil Simms, who had 95 career wins and also rode a great defense to a Disney World commercial and Super Bowl ring. 

Broncos coach Vic Fangio said he's not considering a quarterback change.

Fangio is looking at other changes on both offense and defense, but he's not ready to move on from Joe Flacco. Last night's performance was one of the worst by a quarterback this season. Flacco was inaccurate, immobile, and unaware of surrounding pressure. The good news for Denver is rookie QB Drew Lock is set to practice next week. If Flacco keeps up this level of play, it's likely Lock makes late-season starts.

RELATED: 

Drew Lock

SOURCE: Nicki Jhabvala on Twitter

Oct 18, 2019, 2:19 PM ET

Flacco was inaccurate, immobile, and unaware of surrounding pressure.
The "immobile" has always been Flacco. The "inaccurate" would be a little harsh as a career adjective, but at 61.9% for his career he's certainly no Drew Brees. 

But it's the "unaware" part that was so glaring, and which I truly don't get. Dude has been an NFL QB for 12 years. How can he have so little idea of when pressure's coming? By instinct borne of repetition, if nothing else. It's not like arm strength where you're expected to lose it as you age!

If you'd put a blank jersey on him last night I would have guessed I was watching Mike Glennon. Dude is cooked.

He should have been benched.  That was one awful performance esp the 4th qtr.  It's like he didnt even care to try to make a play.  Just going through the motions.  Think it says alot about the coaching staff.  

need2know said:
He should have been benched.  That was one awful performance esp the 4th qtr.  It's like he didnt even care to try to make a play.  Just going through the motions.  Think it says alot about the coaching staff.  
Huge mistake by the Broncos if they don't bench Flacco.   His lack of effort is contagious and is bringing the whole team down.  

need2know said:

Huge mistake by the Broncos if they don't bench Flacco.   His lack of effort is contagious and is bringing the whole team down.  
Time to bring up Brett from the Practice squad and start him until Lock is back.

Flacco started 9 games for the Ravens last year and has now started 7 for the Broncos. Here are his stats for that 16-game stretch:

6-10 W-L record
383 of 609 (62.9% completion % which is good for him) for 4,113 yards (also good, has never had a 4,000-yard season)
18 TDs, 13 INTs
83.6 QB rating

His career QB rating is 84.2. So the lousy Flacco we've seen over the past 16 games is pretty much the same Flacco we've always seen, with slightly higher completion percentage and yards, as well as slightly increased interception percentage. 

Any way he isn't finished in Denver?

How long does Brandon Allen last as the starter?  Might as well see what you have in Rypien before Lock takes over.

Users who are viewing this thread