Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Do You Facebook?

jwojdylo

I often hear folks talk about how much time they spend on facebook. What exactly are they doing? For you folks that spend a ton of time there, what's the routine?J

I don't spend an 1/8th of the time there my wife does. But from what I can see it's a chance to :lmao: about thoughts and to keep in touch/find others you haven't stayed in touch with instead of through E-mails.. Much like here... :pics:
I guess I mean exactly how they do it? Is it posting on other people's walls? Or writing about yourself? J
I probably spend more time on there than I should (kinda like here) but since I don't work now, I leave this website and facebook up pretty much all day on my laptop and check them both in between doing whatever needs done around the house. I will comment on new pictures, post on walls, etc. which eats up more time than you think. It is pretty easy for time to pass quickly when looking at old friends pages and looking for friends. I like it though, have a good mix of HS, college and grad school friends, old co-workers, family, church friends, and of course...FBGs on there.
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I log on to check messages..similar to checking e-mail, for a few minutes.

I'll read a few of the status updates that are witty.

If I'm on for any length of time, I'm probably playing the free poker to pass some time.

I often hear folks talk about how much time they spend on facebook. What exactly are they doing?

For you folks that spend a ton of time there, what's the routine?

J

I don't spend an 1/8th of the time there my wife does. But from what I can see it's a chance to :pics: about thoughts and to keep in touch/find others you haven't stayed in touch with instead of through E-mails.. Much like here... ;)
I guess I mean exactly how they do it? Is it posting on other people's walls? Or writing about yourself?

J

I probably spend more time on there than I should (kinda like here) but since I don't work now, I leave this website and facebook up pretty much all day on my laptop and check them both in between doing whatever needs done around the house. I will comment on new pictures, post on walls, etc. which eats up more time than you think. It is pretty easy for time to pass quickly when looking at old friends pages and looking for friends. I like it though, have a good mix of HS, college and grad school friends, old co-workers, family, church friends, and of course...FBGs on there.
:lmao: no one comments much on mine :cry:

;)

No, I'm a working adult.

:lol:
Yeah, I always love this response from people who post on fantasy football message boards.
Do you seriously see no difference between having a facebook page and posting on a message board?
Nobody said there wasn't a difference.

I often hear folks talk about how much time they spend on facebook. What exactly are they doing?

J

Look at messages and mafia wars. I am one of those "dorks" you were referring to earlier.
Hi girl A. I'm sure you're not a dork. I was wanting to know how to do facebook without it being obvious I was a dork.

For messages, do you mean messages on your wall? And what is mafia wars?

J

Obvious to those you friend on facebook or obvious to those that are not on your facebook?

Yes, messages on my wall or in my facebook inbox.

Mafia wars in short is a game on facebook.

No, I'm a working adult.

:lol:
Yeah, I always love this response from people who post on fantasy football message boards.
Do you seriously see no difference between having a facebook page and posting on a message board?
You're right--there is a difference. Re-connecting with old friends on Facebook is probably more adult than playing a fantasy game and posting about it. :goodposting:

J

I don't spend an 1/8th of the time there my wife does. But from what I can see it's a chance to :goodposting: about thoughts and to keep in touch/find others you haven't stayed in touch with instead of through E-mails.. Much like here... ;)
I guess I mean exactly how they do it? Is it posting on other people's walls? Or writing about yourself?

J

:lol: no one comments much on mine :cry:

;)

I'll get on that I promise! Are you my friend on there?!

For guys, it's mostly posting on other people's walls and reading messages posted on your wall.For girls, it's posting on other people's walls, reading messages on your wall, reading messages on all your friends' walls, reading everyone's status updates and analyzing them for subtle shots at you, reading your ex-boyfriend's wall, reading the profiles of every girl who's posted on your ex-boyfriend's wall, creating fake accounts, sending friend requests to all those girls, and spreading rumors that your ex-boyfriend has an STD, and posting pictures of yourself making kissy faces at the camera.

For guys, it's mostly posting on other people's walls and reading messages posted on your wall.For girls, it's posting on other people's walls, reading messages on your wall, reading messages on all your friends' walls, reading everyone's status updates and analyzing them for subtle shots at you, reading your ex-boyfriend's wall, reading the profiles of every girl who's posted on your ex-boyfriend's wall, creating fake accounts, sending friend requests to all those girls, and spreading rumors that your ex-boyfriend has an STD, and posting pictures of yourself making kissy faces at the camera.
:confused:

:lmao:
:lmao:

J

Look at messages and mafia wars. I am one of those "dorks" you were referring to earlier.
Hi girl A. I'm sure you're not a dork. I was wanting to know how to do facebook without it being obvious I was a dork.

For messages, do you mean messages on your wall? And what is mafia wars?

J

Obvious to those you friend on facebook or obvious to those that are not on your facebook?

Yes, messages on my wall or in my facebook inbox.

Mafia wars in short is a game crack on facebook.

fixed

J

I was wanting to know how to do facebook without it being obvious I was a dork.

J

Just be excellent towards everyone.

This was sort of my impression too... J

This was sort of my impression too... J
Well, there are girls, and there are women.

Is there a way to look at someone's profile without being their friend? You know, just for research purposes.

It depends. Most people have their profiles set to be seen only by friends.

Is there a way to look at someone's profile without being their friend? You know, just for research purposes.

:thumbup:

so how many of you butt kissers have sent a friend request to joe bryant...

Ignored mine. :thumbup:
I was wondering about this. If some spare asks to befriend me and I neg him with the "Ignore" button, does he get a message back saying I negged him? Or does he just think i havent got it yet or whatever?Its a subtle difference but Im curious.

Well then how the hell can I stalk ex-girlfriends?

Ignored mine. :goodposting:
I was wondering about this. If some spare asks to befriend me and I neg him with the "Ignore" button, does he get a message back saying I negged him? Or does he just think i havent got it yet or whatever?Its a subtle difference but Im curious.
No neg messages. However, if they search for your profile, I think it would still say "Friend Requested".Facebook has this concept of privacy for limiting who sees what... and this concept of "friend groups". Now, if they would only combine the two so you could put potential stalkers in a group of the own, that would be grand.

Well then how the hell can I stalk ex-girlfriends?
Get a mutual friend to send you a link to their photo albums, because most people's photo albums are open :goodposting:

Let's test this. Request to be my friend and I will decline. You can then report back. :stalker:

No neg messages. However, if they search for your profile, I think it would still say "Friend Requested".Facebook has this concept of privacy for limiting who sees what... and this concept of "friend groups". Now, if they would only combine the two so you could put potential stalkers in a group of the own, that would be grand.
I think if they have not done anything with your request, it says friend requested. If you are denied, I think it goes back to saying request friend. :stalker:

Ignored mine. ;)
I think if they have not done anything with your request, it says friend requested. If you are denied, I think it goes back to saying request friend. :mellow:
Maybe that's for the best. "Oh, maybe I just forgot to friend so-and-so." I can't imagine what fb would be like if they sent neg messages... in Pirate.

Ignored mine. ;)
I think if they have not done anything with your request, it says friend requested. If you are denied, I think it goes back to saying request friend. :unsure:
I think it also goes back to saying "request friend" if you get "defriended". :mellow:

The guy I negged has like 550 friends or somesuch and at the bottom of his profile one of his Groups is like MLM Network and Advice. Throughout his profile it even says stuff like IF YOU ARE AVERAGE THIS ISNT THE PLACE FOR YOU with all caps and ####.

"So and so has requested to be your friend"... Insta-neg.

Ignored mine. :help:
I think if they have not done anything with your request, it says friend requested. If you are denied, I think it goes back to saying request friend. :unsure:
I think it also goes back to saying "request friend" if you get "defriended". :kicksrock:
I would assume you wouldn't be able to see their profile anymore. I dunno. :shrug:

The guy I negged has like 550 friends or somesuch and at the bottom of his profile one of his Groups is like MLM Network and Advice. Throughout his profile it even says stuff like IF YOU ARE AVERAGE THIS ISNT THE PLACE FOR YOU with all caps and ####."So and so has requested to be your friend"... Insta-neg.

How can you pass up an opportunity like that?! Are you average or something? :help:

Had fought this for ages... finally caved tuesday

Who posted in: Do You Facebook?[icon] 8

Good thing you fought the good fight bro. :bye:
slow day at the office. :pics:been catching hell from folks about signing up for what seems like a year or two... tuesday a variety of circumstances finally caused me to cave. Glad I did.

The guy I negged has like 550 friends or somesuch and at the bottom of his profile one of his Groups is like MLM Network and Advice. Throughout his profile it even says stuff like IF YOU ARE AVERAGE THIS ISNT THE PLACE FOR YOU with all caps and ####."So and so has requested to be your friend"... Insta-neg.

Who are you?

Ignored mine. :pics:
I'm on his ignore list here at FBG, I pretty much expect the same on Facebook.

Ignored mine. :pics:
He doesn't know what he is missing. :bye:

Who are you?
24/f/CO wuz good papi?

Who are you?
24/f/CO wuz good papi?
You do any secretarial duties?

Ignored mine. :cry:
He doesn't know what he is missing. :D
:bag:

Had fought this for ages... finally caved tuesday

Who posted in: Do You Facebook?[icon] 8

Good thing you fought the good fight bro. :D
slow day at the office. :cry:been catching hell from folks about signing up for what seems like a year or two... tuesday a variety of circumstances finally caused me to cave. Glad I did.
just busting your ballz bro. i'm a fairly recent fb guy myself. love it. :bag:

Who are you?
24/f/CO wuz good papi?
Sorry.. this was fun shtick but you pretty much lost me. I'm on timeout and this was an account created exclusively for TheAristocrat's awesome fishing thread.

Who are you?
24/f/CO wuz good papi?
Sorry.. this was fun shtick but you pretty much lost me. I'm on timeout and this was an account created exclusively for TheAristocrat's awesome fishing thread.
Sorry.. this was fun shtick but you pretty much lost me.

Just started. Is there a good "how to without being a dork" cliff notes out there for this? Scooby's thing on status reports is what I'm talking about.

J

Just be yourself.
He said he doesn't want to look like a dork.

ZING!

Just started. Is there a good "how to without being a dork" cliff notes out there for this? Scooby's thing on status reports is what I'm talking about.

J

Just be yourself.

ZING!

Have a great season and all that.

J

Just be yourself.

ZING!

Have a great season and all that.
I am untouchable.

:thumbup:

Archived