What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do You Facebook? (1 Viewer)

I just noticed this deal where all your "friends" are now listed on the right side of the page and they can see if you're checking FB and/or try to talk to you. THat sucks. How do I nix that ####?

Does anyone ever post bad news..other than a family member being ill?

Like.."I got my second DUI last night..not good"

"My 14 year old daughter is pregnant"

"OMG..just found out my husband has been cheating on me"

"My son was suspended from school for drugs again"

"I hate my backstabbing friends"

Last edited by a moderator:
What happened to the "hide all by xxxx" option when deleting a post off of your feed. Now you only have the option to delete that one post or report it as spam.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

What happened to the "hide all by xxxx" option when deleting a post off of your feed. Now you only have the option to delete that one post or report it as spam. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Just did this yesterday. Go ahead and click on "delete this post" and it will them give the option to hide all posts.

What happened to the "hide all by xxxx" option when deleting a post off of your feed. Now you only have the option to delete that one post or report it as spam.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Just did this yesterday. Go ahead and click on "delete this post" and it will them give the option to hide all posts.
Yes. Except it says "hide" not "delete". After clicking "hide this post" you'll see something like this...
Post Hidden from your News Feed. Undo

* Hide all by Eric

* Hide all by eBay Selling Feed

* Unfriend Eric

Anyone want to share the algorithm for the latest "thing"?

"I'm 24 weeks and I'm craving Kit Kats"

I hate to even ask, because I probably hate these people already, but what is this new deal?

Anyone want to share the algorithm for the latest "thing"?"I'm 24 weeks and I'm craving Kit Kats"I hate to even ask, because I probably hate these people already, but what is this new deal?
I've seen these for about a week and really didn't want to know. But now you've made me done go and look 'er up:http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110828164056AA9vvya

Anyone want to share the algorithm for the latest "thing"?"I'm 24 weeks and I'm craving Kit Kats"I hate to even ask, because I probably hate these people already, but what is this new deal?
I've seen these for about a week and really didn't want to know. But now you've made me done go and look 'er up:http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110828164056AA9vvya
That mess hurts my brain. But I think I get it. TYGB.

How do you permanently delete messages? Once they are archived, the only options it gives you are to mark as unread, or unarchive.

:unsure:

How do you permanently delete messages? Once they are archived, the only options it gives you are to mark as unread, or unarchive. :unsure:
You can do it, they just make it difficult.Go to archive folder, click on message thread. Then under Actions, select Delete.

Does anyone know if this is "true"

Do me a favor: please hover over my name here, wait for the box to load and then hover over the "Subscribe" link. Then uncheck the "Comments and likes" choice. I would rather my comments on friends' posts not be made public. Thanks** Then repost if you don't want your EVERY MOVE posted on the right for everyone to see! :) i'll do the same for you if you want. just click "like." Thanks!!
I have no problems with my friends seeing my stuff, but I don't necessarily want their friends seeing it

Worst/dooshiest FB update I have ever seen...

My wife has a cousin who is of average intelligence, average accomplishment. 6 years ago he married a wealthy woman whose father owns a large company. Political views - basically the poster boy for the Tea Party. He posted this yesterday:

"Harry Reid can take his 5% and SHOVE IT UP HIS ###!!!"

in other words...

LOOK AT ME, I MAKE OVER 1 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR NOW AND I WANT IT ALL!!!!!

So when I'm checking other people's profiles/pics, they can see if I'm checking that stuff?

ETA: The only time I really check/use FB is from my phone, but I'm checking and stalking somewhat regularly.

"OMG! Its unbeliveable now you can get to know who views your facebook profile.. i can see my top profile visitors and i am so shocked that my EX is still creeping my profile every hour. click below"
Can you explain to me how I can see who is viewing my profile?

I just noticed this deal where all your "friends" are now listed on the right side of the page and they can see if you're checking FB and/or try to talk to you. THat sucks. How do I nix that ####?
Lower right hand corner. You click to make yourself unavailable and then click to hide the sidebar.
It appears they've changed (made it more difficult) the way to hide the fact you're on FB. I don't want it known every single time I'm on there and I don't like chat to begin with. Now it seems, I have to go and make myself unavailable through this BS process...every time I get on FB? The options of which are vague btw, so I'm not even sure it's doing what I want (hiding me). In the meantime, while I have to do this, I assume it shows me available for a "chat" every time. :rant:How do you simply turn off any chat/availability at all times?!

It appears they've changed (made it more difficult) the way to hide the fact you're on FB. I don't want it known every single time I'm on there and I don't like chat to begin with. Now it seems, I have to go and make myself unavailable through this BS process...every time I get on FB? The options of which are vague btw, so I'm not even sure it's doing what I want (hiding me). In the meantime, while I have to do this, I assume it shows me available for a "chat" every time. :rant:

How do you simply turn off any chat/availability at all times?!
The Better Facebook extension (soon to be re-named "Social Fixer") can do that, and a whole lot else, automatically for you.

So when I'm checking other people's profiles/pics, they can see if I'm checking that stuff?
No.
What about downloading pics? This feature changed a while back. Used to be you would save a pic like any other website, now you download via some built-in FB app which means it could be tracked.I've been using ctrl-alt-prtscn and saving that way. :bag:
Facebook collects data on which other users you stalk the most, but it never makes that data public. They want to encourage stalking. They're not going to tell another user that you've downloaded all the pics they've uploaded.You can still just right-click on a picture to save it, but you get a re-sized image that way (the same size that is displayed on Facebook, even if the original picture uploaded by the user is larger). If you click the download link, you get the larger image if one is available.

Jenna ##########

Thanks to my admirer from Trump Soho across the way, I got an edible arrangement filled with fruit and ecstasy ...

Like · · 4 minutes ago via mobile

:lmao:

Check this out, on my newsfeed just now...

"Well after 16 years of marriage my wife tells me she is leaving, you are never prepared for something like this and I have no idea what to do. I am completely devastated."

Poor guy, but :wall: in so many ways.

Check this out, on my newsfeed just now..."Well after 16 years of marriage my wife tells me she is leaving, you are never prepared for something like this and I have no idea what to do. I am completely devastated."Poor guy, but :wall: in so many ways.
If I ever want to feel depressed, I head to the FB. Unreal what some people are willing to share with the world.

Check this out, on my newsfeed just now..."Well after 16 years of marriage my wife tells me she is leaving, you are never prepared for something like this and I have no idea what to do. I am completely devastated."Poor guy, but :wall: in so many ways.
If I ever want to feel depressed, I head to the FB. Unreal what some people are willing to share with the world.
:subtext: Hey, look at me! If any of you ladies ever wanted to sleep with me, now is your chance! Fatties welcome.

:subtext: Hey, look at me! If any of you ladies ever wanted to sleep with me, now is your chance! Fatties welcome.
That's the way I read it.

Yeah, makes sense, but I'm sure that's not it. He's just not that type, at all, and reading up on all his stuff prior (I couldn't get enough of this one) confirms as much. So here's what's transpired since:42 replies offering help and ####. Half of them from God. The last two were the best though. One chick says she can help because she's been through it 3 times now and is looking at a 4th (ON HER FB). :lmao: Then some dude who says he's a pro at it and to call him. Great.The most disturbing was one from his high school DAUGHTER, telling him to stay strong. WTF???Oh, and only two months ago, his wife is posting about their 16th anniversary, saying how she always knew she would marry him and live happily ever after from the moment she saw him. And how she honestly loves him more than ever. It's crazy.The worst part though, is he/they have an 8 year old fighting for his life, with a very rare, awful cancer.I mean, it sounds like their youngest child is quite possibly terminal. And Mom decides to surprise him with this for Thanksgiving?All played out on ####### facebook. He has almost 700 "friends", btw. You couldn't put this #### on the front page of the local paper and get through to more people around them.Finally, 18 people "liked" the story, lofl.

"Well after 16 years of marriage my wife tells me she is leaving, you are never prepared for something like this and I have no idea what to do. I am completely devastated."

Yeah, makes sense, but I'm sure that's not it. He's just not that type, at all, and reading up on all his stuff prior (I couldn't get enough of this one) confirms as much. So here's what's transpired since:

42 replies offering help and ####. Half of them from God. The last two were the best though. One chick says she can help because she's been through it 3 times now and is looking at a 4th (ON HER FB). :lmao: Then some dude who says he's a pro at it and to call him. Great.

The most disturbing was one from his high school DAUGHTER, telling him to stay strong. WTF???

Oh, and only two months ago, his wife is posting about their 16th anniversary, saying how she always knew she would marry him and live happily ever after from the moment she saw him. And how she honestly loves him more than ever. It's crazy.

The worst part though, is he/they have an 8 year old fighting for his life, with a very rare, awful cancer.

I mean, it sounds like their youngest child is quite possibly terminal. And Mom decides to surprise him with this for Thanksgiving?

All played out on ####### facebook. He has almost 700 "friends", btw. You couldn't put this #### on the front page of the local paper and get through to more people around them.

Finally, 18 people "liked" the story, lofl.
Some recent replies:"Jim XXX Dude, that sucks , talk to me . I'm a pro at this ####."

"Mike XXX This doesn't sound right. Prayers, peace and love to you and the kids. Let's all ask God to come up big here!"

Tuesday at 10:34pm · Like · 1

:lmao: :lmao:

"Cory XXX Time heals all stay prayed up bro you will be fine."

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

"Cory XXX Just do u and the kids she will recognize ! Hit me up!"

LOL, doubt it, Cory.

"Laura XXX HAPPY THANKGIVING TO ALL OF YOU,LOVE YOU ALL

Laura XXX NO WAY YOU WILL BE BACK TOGETHER. GIVE IT TO GOD LOVE YOU ALL"

I love Laura's initial heartfelt message. Then minutes later, she lets loose, classic!

But "stay prayed up, bro" has to be my favorite. :lmao: Never heard that before, BRAH.

Yeah, makes sense, but I'm sure that's not it. He's just not that type, at all, and reading up on all his stuff prior (I couldn't get enough of this one) confirms as much. So here's what's transpired since:

42 replies offering help and ####. Half of them from God. The last two were the best though. One chick says she can help because she's been through it 3 times now and is looking at a 4th (ON HER FB). :lmao: Then some dude who says he's a pro at it and to call him. Great.

The most disturbing was one from his high school DAUGHTER, telling him to stay strong. WTF???

Oh, and only two months ago, his wife is posting about their 16th anniversary, saying how she always knew she would marry him and live happily ever after from the moment she saw him. And how she honestly loves him more than ever. It's crazy.

The worst part though, is he/they have an 8 year old fighting for his life, with a very rare, awful cancer.

I mean, it sounds like their youngest child is quite possibly terminal. And Mom decides to surprise him with this for Thanksgiving?

All played out on ####### facebook. He has almost 700 "friends", btw. You couldn't put this #### on the front page of the local paper and get through to more people around them.

Finally, 18 people "liked" the story, lofl.
Some recent replies:"Jim XXX Dude, that sucks , talk to me . I'm a pro at this ####."

"Mike XXX This doesn't sound right. Prayers, peace and love to you and the kids. Let's all ask God to come up big here!"

Tuesday at 10:34pm · Like · 1

:lmao: :lmao:

"Cory XXX Time heals all stay prayed up bro you will be fine."

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

"Cory XXX Just do u and the kids she will recognize ! Hit me up!"

LOL, doubt it, Cory.

"Laura XXX HAPPY THANKGIVING TO ALL OF YOU,LOVE YOU ALL

Laura XXX NO WAY YOU WILL BE BACK TOGETHER. GIVE IT TO GOD LOVE YOU ALL"

I love Laura's initial heartfelt message. Then minutes later, she lets loose, classic!

But "stay prayed up, bro" has to be my favorite. :lmao: Never heard that before, BRAH.
I gotta use that "stay prayed up, bro" line on one of my super religious Facebook friends someday. That's gold.

Users who are viewing this thread