What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TV Deals Thread (2 Viewers)

"Cyber Monday", huh?
It's something the media made up that doesn't actually exist/happen. Yet people look for it every year and the media continues to push the narrative that there are actual deals out there that aren't present any other day.

For TVs this is the time of year to watch local ads for Fry's/Conn's as they shuffle off this year's inventory.

Traditionally Amazon/BB do not put up any deals between now and late Feb. when they get pricing done for the next FY.

"Cyber Monday", huh?
It's something the media made up that doesn't actually exist/happen. Yet people look for it every year and the media continues to push the narrative that there are actual deals out there that aren't present any other day.

For TVs this is the time of year to watch local ads for Fry's/Conn's as they shuffle off this year's inventory.

Traditionally Amazon/BB do not put up any deals between now and late Feb. when they get pricing done for the next FY.
It did exist but then companies realized they didn't have to give great deals to make money. Companies are much more intelligent than they used to be.

If you're looking for a cheap 32" TV, TigerDirect has this one on sale for $139 after coupon and rebate thru December 3rd.

I only needed one for my son's PS4, so it's not like I needed something top of the line. It's totally a brand I never heard of (Upstar) and I can't find any reviews on it. I'm suspicious that it's really 1080p even though every website I see it listed HAS it listed at 1080p. If I go to the mfg website it says that the PE32WY model is only 720p, but the model on TigerDirect is PE32WY8. So maybe the addition of the "8" makes it 1080p? :shrug:

TigerDirect has always been pretty good to me when I have ordered from them (I typically order from NewEgg), so I figured I would bite the bullet and take a chance on it since it's only $139. If it's not 1080p or is crappy then I guess I'll just return it right away.

Anyone have any experience with this brand?
Found some pretty good reviews (relative to the price) for the 720 model

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889650001
Thanks, TF! How did i miss that? So 4 out of 5 stars has me hopeful that it's decent. My only hope is that the model truly is 1080p like it's advertised. If not, TigerDirect will definitely be hearing from me.
NP. I'm too lazy to look, how much is the shipping?
Like, 9 or 10 bucks.
:thumbup:

Any idea if this would be a good outdoor TV?
Upstar is a brand I never heard of so I have no idea. Supposed to be delivered on Wednesday so I can give an update of my first impressions are.
Same here. picked one up for the kids play/school work room that I just redid to replace the old 26" Sony tube TV. It's only going to have Netflix's via a wifi Blu Ray player so it should be fine for them to watch kids shows and an occasional movie.

"Cyber Monday", huh?

Huh Amazon just put up some good deals and a pretty good lighting deal today that I missed again on a 32" Chinese brand for 120. Not as good as the 98 deal but still better than the majority of the deals out there.

Let us know what you think of it. I bought the 32" version for $119 on a lightning deal earlier in the week for a Christmas gift.
Will do. My expectations aren't high but it's not going acquire a lot of use.

Great deal on 32'' for $119.
So far so good with the TV. Really impressed with picture. I haven't messed with the picture settings at all, but I'm more than satisfied with the purchase.

Let us know what you think of it. I bought the 32" version for $119 on a lightning deal earlier in the week for a Christmas gift.
Will do. My expectations aren't high but it's not going acquire a lot of use. Great deal on 32'' for $119.
So far so good with the TV. Really impressed with picture. I haven't messed with the picture settings at all, but I'm more than satisfied with the purchase.
:thumbup: Thanks - glad to hear it.

I ended up getting the 55" for $599 and the 55" smart version for $679 from Walmart.comTheyre still in the boxes as I wait for my basement to be done. User Reviews are pretty good, not many professional reviews (cnet etc) that I could find.
Btw, I ordered the TVs last week and the non-smart tv was $30 more expensive at that time. I saw online last night that the price was lower so I emailed their customer service and just received a response that they credited my card the difference. Pretty solid.

what is the HZ?

1080p is must have....

Anything else I need? Do most TV's come with some kind of apple TV blue tooth sync? Is Apple TV best for apple products or is there another preferred means of connectivity...

And any deals now?

what is the HZ?

1080p is must have....

Anything else I need? Do most TV's come with some kind of apple TV blue tooth sync? Is Apple TV best for apple products or is there another preferred means of connectivity...

And any deals now?
TVs are right now in transitional period. Most retailers are clearing out the old models and the 2014 models should be rolling in starting this month. It's definitely a good time to buy if you can find the stock. I haven't seen prices on the new models, so I can't say what they will look like compared to now. I expect initial MSRP to be less than it was when last year's stock came out, but I doubt you'll see the sale prices you do now with older comparable models.

My rule of thumb is on a good HDTV is that it needs to be 1080p with at least 120Hz. Anything extra is just gravy, but 120Hz is good enough that you shouldn't have any motion blur or frame stutter. Any 1080p plasma will achieve this, but you should look at the refresh rate on any LEDs you buy. Whether you want a Smart TV or 3D is strictly a preference thing that is up to you. While I love the smart features on a TV, it's not necessary if you're hooking up an Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, etc. Also most bluray players and current consoles can give you the smart TV benefits (keep in mind that Xbox 360/Xbox One charge extra for those benefits).

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if this is a deal or not but I've got this TV being delivered tommorow between 10am-2pm.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CBQNB0C/ref=shptrk_scth

I got a $100 off using my Prime membership.
It's not bad, though 3D seems to be fading out since I don't think any network broadcasts in 3D anymore (not that their were many to begin with).

I was able to get this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BB9OPQY/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for $599 a month ago. Pretty solid picture and can't beat the price. I paid $1,000 4 years ago for a 50" Panasonic Plasma. Prices have dropped big time.

I ended up getting the 55" for $599 and the 55" smart version for $679 from Walmart.comTheyre still in the boxes as I wait for my basement to be done. User Reviews are pretty good, not many professional reviews (cnet etc) that I could find.
Btw, I ordered the TVs last week and the non-smart tv was $30 more expensive at that time. I saw online last night that the price was lower so I emailed their customer service and just received a response that they credited my card the difference. Pretty solid.
I've been able to use these TVs for a few months now and so far they are great.

I don't know if this is a deal or not but I've got this TV being delivered tommorow between 10am-2pm.

Excellent TV. I've had the 65" for 8 months and love it.
Will 3D movies downloaded(torrents) work for viewing 3D with this TV? Also, since it has built in wi-fi will I be able to wirelessly watch movies on my tablet on this TV or will I need to hook up with some sort of cable(micro hdmi)?

Will 3D movies downloaded(torrents) work for viewing 3D with this TV? Also, since it has built in wi-fi will I be able to wirelessly watch movies on my tablet on this TV or will I need to hook up with some sort of cable(micro hdmi)?
I've watched 3D using Netflix and the quality was good. Comcast also has 3D on demand movies and HBO and Starz both have 3D movies on demand. While it seems like 3D is dying down, just about every major action/scifi/kids movie in theaters is 3D. Watched Gravity 3D over the weekend and I can't imagine the movie was close to as visually stunning in 2D.

I have not tried to do either of those things.

Samsung's new models should be out any day now, so the 2013 model's prices should be dropping.

Tempted by the new Samsung TV that is able to split the screen so you can watch TV and go to an app/play on the internet/facebook/youtube.

Samsung's new models should be out any day now, so the 2013 model's prices should be dropping.

Tempted by the new Samsung TV that is able to split the screen so you can watch TV and go to an app/play on the internet/facebook/youtube.
That is a next gen feature?

I got a great deal here

UN60f7100. Regular 1799, put in the promotion code:SAMSUNG for 20% off, free shipping.

This is a really great top of the line Samsung.

3dTV with 4 glasses

720 CMR

240 Hz

Smart touch remote

My mom is looking for a ~60" that she can hook a soundbar up to, preferably without a receiver. I've been out of the TV game for a while, is that doable at around a $2,000 budget? It looks like that $848 model above doesn't have audio out, so it wouldn't work for it, right?

What's the best value in a 60" that can hook up to a soundbar nowadays? 3D/smartTV are not requirements.

My mom is looking for a ~60" that she can hook a soundbar up to, preferably without a receiver. I've been out of the TV game for a while, is that doable at around a $2,000 budget? It looks like that $848 model above doesn't have audio out, so it wouldn't work for it, right?

What's the best value in a 60" that can hook up to a soundbar nowadays? 3D/smartTV are not requirements.
"1 x audio line-out"

You sometimes have to search about 5 different sites to get ALL the specs, usually manufacturer's site has them all.

The soundbar usually acts as the receiver.

And the best value right now would be this one at $848. If not this then the Vizio E601i-A3 for about $50 more.

My post above yours is the best deal I've seen for a TV of that quality.

I paid $1600 for the 60in unf7100 with 3 year warranty.

Also bought the Samsung soundbar HW-F450 for 160$, which connects via bluetooth to the tv.

Sam's Club One Day Sale tomorrow.

Vizio 65" P Series Quantum X for $979. Over $500 cheaper than Best Buy. Gets good reviews. Grabbing one tomorrow.

Best deal I've seen overall for a TV with very good reviews including BF deals.

My 7 year old 60" Vizio finally started losing LED strips. No intentions of having a 7 year old TV fixed here.

I'm up to 4 TCL Roku TVs in my house now and I absolutely love them.  I have 55" that I've kept outside (uncovered) for over 2 years now and zero issues.  The price points are ridiculous on them.  55" for $279, 75" for $999.

I'm up to 4 TCL Roku TVs in my house now and I absolutely love them.  I have 55" that I've kept outside (uncovered) for over 2 years now and zero issues.  The price points are ridiculous on them.  55" for $279, 75" for $999.
We have a couple smaller (I think 32" or so) TCL Roku TVs in our guest bedrooms and they work great.

Users who are viewing this thread