What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TV Deals Thread (1 Viewer)

Samsung is the absolute top of the line LCD/Plasma TV. You will not go wrong. My parents have a 42" and a 50" Plasma and a 22" LCD. They all look great and are actually lower-end Samsung's.

52" Samsung Touch of Color>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 55" Vizio

Pull the trigger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Samsung is the absolute top of the line LCD/Plasma TV. You will not go wrong. My parents have a 42" and a 50" Plasma and a 22" LCD. They all look great and are actually lower-end Samsung's.52" Samsung Touch of Color>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 55" VizioPull the trigger.
:goodposting: So close. Loaded up in the shopping cart, along with a Samsung bluray player. May wait until tomorrow to fire it off, but I'm awful, awful close here. From what I'm reading, you're right, these Samsungs are supposedly the absolute best.

Samsung is the absolute top of the line LCD/Plasma TV. You will not go wrong. My parents have a 42" and a 50" Plasma and a 22" LCD. They all look great and are actually lower-end Samsung's.52" Samsung Touch of Color>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 55" VizioPull the trigger.
:goodposting: So close. Loaded up in the shopping cart, along with a Samsung bluray player. May wait until tomorrow to fire it off, but I'm awful, awful close here. From what I'm reading, you're right, these Samsungs are supposedly the absolute best.
Stop in Best Buy tomorrow and check it out, see if they have one or one that's comparable, say a 42" or 50" just so you can see what you're getting first.

Samsung and Sony are tops. Just bought a Sony because the Mrs didn't like the Touch of Red on the Samsung...

Anyone own a Samsung LN52A650 or LN52A750 and have thoughts about which is better? The specs are nearly identical, and the 750 has some more bells and whistles for 80 bucks more, but otherwise they seem more or less the same.

Anyone own a Samsung LN52A650 or LN52A750 and have thoughts about which is better? The specs are nearly identical, and the 750 has some more bells and whistles for 80 bucks more, but otherwise they seem more or less the same.
I've seen them both side by side, and the picture looks identical... Not sure what the 'extra bells and whistles' are, but 80 bucks isn't much...

I just bought a 47 inch Samsung650 and am pretty pumped for it. The 52 would have looked a little too big I think for my needs.

Have been looking for a 32"-37" TV for my bedroom for a while, but haven't had much luck with any deals. Best I've found so far is the Samsung 32" A450 for $567 for 720p, 1080p is $200 more. Ouch.
i just got a pretty sweet deal. overstock.com 32 " + DVD player (and picture is great, especially on HD channels) for 379.99 incl shipping ( i am an O member as it paid for itself with the sweet bed i got my gf for xmas)linky

Otis said:
Eviloutsider said:
Yup, that's the one Scotty's suggesting too. May pull the trigger. Supposedly these won the consumer reports tests last year.The touch-of-color (red) is a nice touch too, since the room I'm putting it in has lots of red accents. Will look cool.
phenomenal tv. bought mine back in september and couldn't be happier with it.

Otis said:
sounds like the only real differences are that the sound might be a little better on the 750 and the bezel is a different shape. I'm not sure it's worth it.

Keep watching Slickdeals as you'll usually see at least a deal or two in the range you are looking for per week. Don't rush, any time you are buying technology, waiting is your friend.
I found the slickdeals forums very handy as well during my TV hunt. They also have dedicated Samsung and Sony threads in there.I bought my LN40A650 from PC Richard and son B&M at the end of December for about 1250 (tax included) and have been happy with it. They came down greatly in price so don't be afraid to bargain over the price regardless of what's displayed.

-QG

I don't think you can get away with it in New York state anymore due to a recent law change, but I saved a bundle by ordering my Samsung from Amazon since there is no sales tax charge for purchases in Illinois. They also had free shipping and a Blu-Ray player for $75 deal at the time so my total for the tv and Blu-Ray player shipped and everything was $2180. Looks like the price on the 650 now is about $200 less than when I bought mine 5 months ago.

I find google shoping (formerly google product/froogle) really useful.

Here is the same TV listed above at amazon for 1800 at $1,199.00

thats some nice change.

http://www.silmind.com/index.php?main_page...products_id=180

Samsung LN52A650 52-Inch 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV with Red Touch of

$1,199.00

Product Features and Technical Details

Product Features

* Touch of Color Bezel

* Full HD 1080p Resolution

* 120Hz Auto Motion Plus

* 4 HDMI Inputs

* Super Clear Panel

Technical Details

* Brand Name: Samsung

* Model: LN-52A650

* Display Technology: TFT active matrix

* Display Size: 52 inches

* Image Aspect Ratio: 16:9

* is_hdtv_compatible: Y

* speakers_included_description: 2 speakers

* Height: 34.1 inches

* Width: 50.2 inches

* Depth: 12.8 inches

* Weight: 76.7 pounds

* Color: Black

Add to Cart:

* 148 Units in Stock

Hell if you are willing to go refurbished (and I am these days as the tech has imroved vastly since the inception of these- plus with the dramatic price drop by the time you get another it'll be half as cheap. tvs are no longer really worth repairing) you can get this beaut for 560 and change

http://salestores.com/to5252indlpt.html

Toshiba 52HM95 Remanufactured TheaterWide 52-Inch Diagonal 16:9 Integrated HD DLP Projection TV with HDMI, ATSC/QAM Tuners, First Surface Mirror, CableClear DNR+, HD Dynamic Contrast, 3DYC (4 MB, 10 Bit) Digital Comb Filter with Vertical Contour Correction, Full 1280 x 720 Mirrors for Enhanced Sharpness (52H-M95 52H M95 52-HM95 52HM-95)

Toshiba 52HM95 Remanufactured TheaterWide 52-Inch Diagonal 16:9 Integrated HD DLP Projection TV with HDMI, ATSC/QAM Tuners, First Surface Mirror, CableClear DNR+, HD Dynamic Contrast, 3DYC (4 MB, 10 Bit) Digital Comb Filter with Vertical Contour Correction, Full 1280 x 720 Mirrors for Enhanced Sharpness (52H-M95 52H M95 52-HM95 52HM-95)

SKU: 52HM95-R

Brand: Toshiba

Price: $512.09 Add to Cart Qty:

Estimate Shipping Cost: Chose the quantity to add to cart, press the "Add to Cart" button and in the Shopping Cart press "Calculate Shipping".

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Toshiba 52HM95 Remanufactured TheaterWide 52-Inch Diagonal 16:9 Integrated HD DLP Projection TV with HDMI, ATSC/QAM Tuners, First Surface Mirror, CableClear DNR+, HD Dynamic Contrast, 3DYC (4 MB, 10 Bit) Digital Comb Filter with Vertical Contour Correction, Full 1280 x 720 Mirrors for Enhanced Sharpness, OmniViewer Memory Card Slot (SD, SM, MS, CF & MM), MTS Stereo/SAP with dbx, StableSound, 6-Item A/V Illuminated Remote with DVD and Audio Control, Super-Fine Screen Pitch with Anti-Glare Coating, TheaterNet IR/1394 Control System

DLP® Technology

General Information

Manufacturer

Toshiba

Manufacturer Part Number

52HM95

Product Name

TheaterWide 52-Inch Diagonal 16:9 Integrated HD DLP™ Projection TV with HDMI™

Specifications

Video

* PixelPure® AT (Adaptive Technology)

* ATSC/QAM Tuners

* First Surface Mirror

* CableClear™ DNR+

* HD Dynamic Contrast

* 3DYC (4 MB, 10 Bit) Digital Comb Filter with Vertical Contour Correction

* Color Temperature Control

* Black Level Expander

* MultiWindow (12)

* TheaterWide® Modes (5 - Standard, Full, TW1, TW2, TW3)

* Cinema Mode (3:2 Pulldown)

* OmniViewer™ Memory Card Slot (SD, SM, MS, CF & MM)

* TALEN™

* Full 1280 x 720 Mirrors for Enhanced Sharpness

* Radiance™ Lamp

* TheaterFine™ DFP Screen

* Radiance™ 150 Hi-Bright Lamp

* Quick Restart

* High Brightness (Day)/Low Power (Night) Lamp Modes

* Thin Depth/Low Profile Tabletop Cabinet

Audio

* MTS Stereo/SAP with dbx®

* StableSound®

* SRS® WOW™

* Separate Woofers and Tweeters

* Total Audio Wattage: 40 W

* PIP Sound

Convenience

* Two Level Mute

* SurfLock™

* 6-Item A/V Illuminated Remote with DVD and Audio Control

* HD Window™ POP

* Split Screen

* TheaterLink™ IR

* Channel Browser™

* Super-Fine Screen Pitch with Anti-Glare Coating

* TheaterNet™ IR/1394 Control System

* Tri-Lingual On-screen Display

* Off/Sleep Timer

* Closed Captioning on Mute

* V-Chip Parental Control System

* Channel Return

* Power Return

* Noise Muting

* Favorite Channel

* Channel Lock

* Channel Labeling

* Video Lock

* Direct Video Input Selection

* On Timer

* Video Labeling

* Individual A/V Settings by Input Type

* Discrete IR Codes

* Movie and Sports Modes

* Auto Aspect Detection

* Integrated HDTV Toshiba Premium Package

* Digital Encoder

* CableCARD™

* TV Guide On Screen™ Interactive Program Guide

* One-Touch HD Recording Control

* Live Pause/Rewind TV Capability

Jackpacks

* IEEE1394 with DTV Link

* Dolby Digital Audio Output (Coaxial)

* S-Video Inputs - Rear (2)

* ColorStream® HD Component Video Inputs (2)

* HDMI™ (High-Definition Multimedia Interface)

* RF Inputs (2)

* A/V Inputs - Rear (2)

* Front Panel A/V/S Inputs

* Video Output

* Audio Outputs - Fixed and Variable

Weights and Dimensions

* Weight: 85 lbs.

* Dimensions: 53 3/8 x 35 1/16 x 15 1/4 (WxHxD)

A-20080519-1177-130-E

*Note: This is a reconditioned product. It carries limited warranty. Call us for details.

*** DISCLAIMERS: Some of the information presented here may have been supplied by 3rd Party Content Suppliers, so we are not responsible for Data or Image errors. The listing of this product on our website does not guarantee that this product is available at all times. Feel free to call or email us to check stock before placing your order. ***

and for the DLP guys 512.09

Toshiba 52HM95 Remanufactured TheaterWide 52-Inch Diagonal 16:9 Integrated HD DLP Projection TV with HDMI, ATSC/QAM Tuners, First Surface Mirror, CableClear DNR+, HD Dynamic Contrast, 3DYC (4 MB, 10 Bit) Digital Comb Filter with Vertical Contour Correction, Full 1280 x 720 Mirrors for Enhanced Sharpness (52H-M95 52H M95 52-HM95 52HM-95)SKU: 52HM95-RBrand: ToshibaPrice: $512.09 Add to Cart Qty: Estimate Shipping Cost: Chose the quantity to add to cart, press the "Add to Cart" button and in the Shopping Cart press "Calculate Shipping". AddThis Social Bookmark ButtonToshiba 52HM95 Remanufactured TheaterWide 52-Inch Diagonal 16:9 Integrated HD DLP Projection TV with HDMI, ATSC/QAM Tuners, First Surface Mirror, CableClear DNR+, HD Dynamic Contrast, 3DYC (4 MB, 10 Bit) Digital Comb Filter with Vertical Contour Correction, Full 1280 x 720 Mirrors for Enhanced Sharpness, OmniViewer Memory Card Slot (SD, SM, MS, CF & MM), MTS Stereo/SAP with dbx, StableSound, 6-Item A/V Illuminated Remote with DVD and Audio Control, Super-Fine Screen Pitch with Anti-Glare Coating, TheaterNet IR/1394 Control SystemDLP® TechnologyGeneral InformationManufacturer ToshibaManufacturer Part Number 52HM95Product Name TheaterWide 52-Inch Diagonal 16:9 Integrated HD DLP™ Projection TV with HDMI™SpecificationsVideo * PixelPure® AT (Adaptive Technology) * ATSC/QAM Tuners * First Surface Mirror * CableClear™ DNR+ * HD Dynamic Contrast * 3DYC (4 MB, 10 Bit) Digital Comb Filter with Vertical Contour Correction * Color Temperature Control * Black Level Expander * MultiWindow (12) * TheaterWide® Modes (5 - Standard, Full, TW1, TW2, TW3) * Cinema Mode (3:2 Pulldown) * OmniViewer™ Memory Card Slot (SD, SM, MS, CF & MM) * TALEN™ * Full 1280 x 720 Mirrors for Enhanced Sharpness * Radiance™ Lamp * TheaterFine™ DFP Screen * Radiance™ 150 Hi-Bright Lamp * Quick Restart * High Brightness (Day)/Low Power (Night) Lamp Modes * Thin Depth/Low Profile Tabletop CabinetAudio * MTS Stereo/SAP with dbx® * StableSound® * SRS® WOW™ * Separate Woofers and Tweeters * Total Audio Wattage: 40 W * PIP SoundConvenience * Two Level Mute * SurfLock™ * 6-Item A/V Illuminated Remote with DVD and Audio Control * HD Window™ POP * Split Screen * TheaterLink™ IR * Channel Browser™ * Super-Fine Screen Pitch with Anti-Glare Coating * TheaterNet™ IR/1394 Control System * Tri-Lingual On-screen Display * Off/Sleep Timer * Closed Captioning on Mute * V-Chip Parental Control System * Channel Return * Power Return * Noise Muting * Favorite Channel * Channel Lock * Channel Labeling * Video Lock * Direct Video Input Selection * On Timer * Video Labeling * Individual A/V Settings by Input Type * Discrete IR Codes * Movie and Sports Modes * Auto Aspect Detection * Integrated HDTV Toshiba Premium Package * Digital Encoder * CableCARD™ * TV Guide On Screen™ Interactive Program Guide * One-Touch HD Recording Control * Live Pause/Rewind TV CapabilityJackpacks * IEEE1394 with DTV Link * Dolby Digital Audio Output (Coaxial) * S-Video Inputs - Rear (2) * ColorStream® HD Component Video Inputs (2) * HDMI™ (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) * RF Inputs (2) * A/V Inputs - Rear (2) * Front Panel A/V/S Inputs * Video Output * Audio Outputs - Fixed and VariableWeights and Dimensions * Weight: 85 lbs. * Dimensions: 53 3/8 x 35 1/16 x 15 1/4 (WxHxD)

I find google shoping (formerly google product/froogle) really useful.

Here is the same TV listed above at amazon for 1800 at $1,199.00

thats some nice change.

http://www.silmind.com/index.php?main_page...products_id=180

Samsung LN52A650 52-Inch 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV with Red Touch of

$1,199.00

Product Features and Technical Details

Product Features

* Touch of Color Bezel

* Full HD 1080p Resolution

* 120Hz Auto Motion Plus

* 4 HDMI Inputs

* Super Clear Panel

Technical Details

* Brand Name: Samsung

* Model: LN-52A650

* Display Technology: TFT active matrix

* Display Size: 52 inches

* Image Aspect Ratio: 16:9

* is_hdtv_compatible: Y

* speakers_included_description: 2 speakers

* Height: 34.1 inches

* Width: 50.2 inches

* Depth: 12.8 inches

* Weight: 76.7 pounds

* Color: Black

Add to Cart:

* 148 Units in Stock
That's an insanely good price and I just did a little research on that website and it looks like it's a fraudulent company running a scam. Some posters at slickdeals.net believe silmind.com's account has been suspended by PayPal after some transactions had been disputed.I was actually about to place an order, but I don't think that place is trustworthy.

I'm thinking this.

$2,100 for a 58" Samsung 550 Plasma including the shipping. Seems like pure value to me and it's the highest rated 58" that was tested by CR.

bump,

My TV is spitting the bit and I'm in the market for a TV. I'd rather keep below 500 bucks and get as much TV I can get for that money. Size is no issue, I guess 40 inches sounds like a nice round number to jump off from but I don't know what I'd get for that kind of cake.

Any thoughts on good TVs, any good deals out there?

This is a thread you don't want to read if your not buying a TV - it'll just make you :cry: at what you can get for your :moneybag: these days...

-QG

I'm super happy with a 40" TCL I've had for a while now, I wouldn't hesitate to get another one.Here's the same TV with a few more buyer reviews than Amazon has:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1913086&SRCCODE=NEXTAG&cm_mmc_o=2mHCjCWw0fzTCjCVqHCjCdwwp&cpncode=33-90521719-2
The title of the page mentions it having a USB, but there is no other mention of USB on the page. Is there one on the TV?TIA,

55" Samsung LED 120Hz 3D + Blu Ray + 2 pairs of glasses for $998 I would so pull the trigger on this deal if it lasts til the end of the month. This deal is $1399 at Best Buy. Damn good deal. The TV alone is $1199 at Best Buy.

60" Vizio LED 120Hz for $999 Backordered but you can still purchase.
Bestbuy price matches amazon.com (but not third party retailers going through amazon), incase anyone didnt know. They'll price match 30 days out from purchase so if you buy a TV and it goes on sale somewhere in the next 30 days customer service will refund you the difference.

I'm super happy with a 40" TCL I've had for a while now, I wouldn't hesitate to get another one.Here's the same TV with a few more buyer reviews than Amazon has:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1913086&SRCCODE=NEXTAG&cm_mmc_o=2mHCjCWw0fzTCjCVqHCjCdwwp&cpncode=33-90521719-2
The title of the page mentions it having a USB, but there is no other mention of USB on the page. Is there one on the TV?TIA,
From Amazon:Numerous Inputs and Outputs

This LED HDTV has output options for headphones, analog audio output, and coaxial digital audio output. It includes inputs for: two HDMI, one composite, one component video, one RF, one PC video, one PC audio, and a USB 2.0 port.

Mine is an older 40" model, so I don't know about this one although it looks like Scotty found the answer.I got mine during a Christmas sale at Amazon last year at a tremondous price, I'm going to be carefully watching for another TCL at a great price again this year.

Thanks DB, Scotty,

I should have looked at Amazon. I was looking on the TigerDirect site.

I have two issues with my TV, it has a shadow and if I turn it off, a portion of it either goes black and/or goes upside down. After it warms up that disappears. I leave just leave it on and it stays warmed up!

I have a home electronics warranty with FIOS, which if I have them come out and look at the TV and it can't be fixed, they will give me $$$ to replace it. My problem is I am cheap and I don't feel like dropping the $100 for them to come look at my TV. :unsure:

Scottybo. Nice work. Thanks for keeping this thread updated. I'm in the market for a 60". Nothing fancy, high-quality picture. $1500 or less. Samsung preferred. Slimmer, the better.

Users who are viewing this thread