What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TV Deals Thread (2 Viewers)

Next evolution of this thread....Mounts.

Any good experiences? I'm looking to pick up a 50" and a 32". Thoughts?

Great googily moogily, a 50 inch toshiba for $300, that speaks to my need for a wall covered entirely in large tv screens.

I join with Slapdash, does anyone know if these are going to be available on-line? Standing in line at Sears at 5:00 am hoping to get one the 8-10 total tv's they have just doesn't sound appealing. Especially since I am looking to buy two of them.

I join with Slapdash, does anyone know if these are going to be available on-line? Standing in line at Sears at 5:00 am hoping to get one the 8-10 total tv's they have just doesn't sound appealing. Especially since I am looking to buy two of them.
The Sears deal starts at 8pm on Thanksgiving (where allowed by law). On the plus side that means no standing outside all night. And the negative side that means no Thanksgiving dinner or football. As much as I want a 50" for that price not sure I can pull off missing dinner to wait in line.

Great list scottybo. Just a heads up incase it wasn't mentioned, the 40" Toshiba for $180 is a doorbuster (have to be one of the first 40 or so people in line)

Just saw on the bfads site that Amazon released some of their prices. They are matching the prices of some of the deals already listed, including that 40" doorbuster.

Coby LEDTV2326 23-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV/Monitor - $78

Haier L32A2120 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD HDTV - $97

Toshiba 40E220U 40" 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV - $179

TCL L42FHDE30 42-Inch 1080p 60Hz Slim-Bezel LCD HDTV - $179

Panasonic VIERA TC-L32C5 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD TV - $189

Samsung UN32EH4003 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV - $248

Hiteker TL50Z10AH-TP 50-Inch 60Hz LCD TV - $288

Samsung UN46EH5300 46-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV - $598

VIZIO E601-A3 60" 1080p 120Hz Razor LED Smart FHDTV - $688

Panasonic VIERA TC-L55ET5 55-Inch 1080p 120Hz 3D Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV with 4 Pairs of Polarized 3D Glasses - $899

Sceptre Inc. SB20202B Home Theater Technology - $38

Roku HD Streaming Player - $39

Panasonic DMP-BD87 Ultra-Fast Booting Blu-ray Disc Player - $68

Samsung HW-E350 AirTrack Soundbar - $98

Last edited by a moderator:

Should I plan on stampeding over old ladies and little children in the middle of the night at WalMart for this deal, or is there a better way? What are the odds of getting this at a more reasonable time on Friday? (6 or 7am-ish?) Any shot of getting this online at Amazon?

If I went and bought this today at WalMart for $998, would they pricematch if I took the receipt back on black friday?

Does anyone have any black friday experience? It's the one day of the year I typically don't leave the house!

TIA

Can I get some input here..

According to Amazon, I purchased "VIZIO SV470M 47-inch 1080p LCD HDTV with 120 Hz Smooth Motion" in 2010. Absolutely love it. Perfect TV in my opinion.

Time to buy a TV for my living room now and I'm pretty much looking for something right along these lines. Not looking to break the bank but looking for something in the 47-55 range that would be comparable to the above.

Suggestions?

Can I get some input here..

According to Amazon, I purchased "VIZIO SV470M 47-inch 1080p LCD HDTV with 120 Hz Smooth Motion" in 2010. Absolutely love it. Perfect TV in my opinion.

Time to buy a TV for my living room now and I'm pretty much looking for something right along these lines. Not looking to break the bank but looking for something in the 47-55 range that would be comparable to the above.

Suggestions?
Are you looking to hit up Black Friday lines or just shop online?55" Insignia for $600 at Best Buy is your best shot at not breaking the bank, but still getting a good quality TV.

Just saw on the bfads site that Amazon released some of their prices. They are matching the prices of some of the deals already listed, including that 40" doorbuster.Coby LEDTV2326 23-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV/Monitor - $78Haier L32A2120 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD HDTV - $97Toshiba 40E220U 40" 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV - $179TCL L42FHDE30 42-Inch 1080p 60Hz Slim-Bezel LCD HDTV - $179Panasonic VIERA TC-L32C5 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD TV - $189Samsung UN32EH4003 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV - $248Hiteker TL50Z10AH-TP 50-Inch 60Hz LCD TV - $288Samsung UN46EH5300 46-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV - $598VIZIO E601-A3 60" 1080p 120Hz Razor LED Smart FHDTV - $688Panasonic VIERA TC-L55ET5 55-Inch 1080p 120Hz 3D Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV with 4 Pairs of Polarized 3D Glasses - $899Sceptre Inc. SB20202B Home Theater Technology - $38Roku HD Streaming Player - $39Panasonic DMP-BD87 Ultra-Fast Booting Blu-ray Disc Player - $68Samsung HW-E350 AirTrack Soundbar - $98
Not sure this is accurate. Haven't seen this at the usual places.

Anybody see any solid deals on a 32"-37" TV that has WiFi apps built in? Or any good BR players that handle the Apps well?
The market for Smart TV of that size is pretty small as is the selection. Haven't seen any BF deals yet. Better off searching for a BluRay with apps.This Samsung is a good deal for $70. Only $2 more than BF.

This Sony is a better player for $100. Same price as BF.

Thanks Scotty. I kinda have my eye on the 300 dollar Toshiba at Walmart, but I'm just dreading going through hell to get it.

VIZIO E601-A3 60" 1080p 120Hz Razor LED Smart FHDTV - $688Should I plan on stampeding over old ladies and little children in the middle of the night at WalMart for this deal, or is there a better way? What are the odds of getting this at a more reasonable time on Friday? (6 or 7am-ish?) Any shot of getting this online at Amazon?If I went and bought this today at WalMart for $998, would they pricematch if I took the receipt back on black friday?Does anyone have any black friday experience? It's the one day of the year I typically don't leave the house!TIA
:goodposting: Would really love the answers to these questions.

Should I plan on stampeding over old ladies and little children in the middle of the night at WalMart for this deal, or is there a better way? What are the odds of getting this at a more reasonable time on Friday? (6 or 7am-ish?) Any shot of getting this online at Amazon?

If I went and bought this today at WalMart for $998, would they pricematch if I took the receipt back on black friday?

Does anyone have any black friday experience? It's the one day of the year I typically don't leave the house!

TIA
The answer is NO. The products are specially labeled and the priced is only for a certain time and day so when they are scanned you will receive the price reduction. The BF products will be pulled out before the sale and the stampeding can begin!

Scotty, any thoughts on buying the offbrand tvs?? I bought an Olevia 42" tv on BF 5 years ago. A year after that Olevia went bankrupt, and then the TV started having issues. Twice I have had to re-soder capacitors into the power board since they kept failing, the TV will randomly turn off, sound goes, image locks.... I am looking to replace it. Obviously name brands cost more.

Do you know anything about TCL/Haier/Coby... and their quality??

I am a vendor that goes into WalMart and I peeked at their TVs today. A very mediocre WalMart has 15 of the 60" Vizio's. Good chances here that most have that many and maybe more.

Scotty, any thoughts on buying the offbrand tvs?? I bought an Olevia 42" tv on BF 5 years ago. A year after that Olevia went bankrupt, and then the TV started having issues. Twice I have had to re-soder capacitors into the power board since they kept failing, the TV will randomly turn off, sound goes, image locks.... I am looking to replace it. Obviously name brands cost more.Do you know anything about TCL/Haier/Coby... and their quality??
TCL uses Samsung panels for the most part, good quality TV. I have no opinion on the other two but reviews and in-store picture quality seem that they are best suited for elderly or a kid....someone that just wants to HAVE a tv.

Best Buy Premier Member sale just started. Here are some of the TV deals:

Only $799.99

Samsung 55" class LED 1080p 120Hz HDTV.

Only $999.99

Sharp AQUOS 60" class LED 1080p 120Hz HDTV.

Sale price extends beyond the duration of this event.

Only $599.99

Insignia™ 55" class LCD 1080p 120Hz HDTV.

Only $399.99

Toshiba 50" class LED 1080p HDTV.

Only $899.99

Panasonic 55" class LED 1080p 120Hz 3D smart HDTV. Includes four pairs of 3D glasses.

Save $1,050

on Panasonic 55" class LED 1080p 120Hz 3D smart HDTV and 2.1-channel home theater speaker system with wireless subwoofer. Only $1,049.98.

Only $99.99

Insignia 26" class LED 1080p HDTV.

Only $159.99

LG 24" class LED 720p HDTV.

Only $247.99

Samsung 32" class LED 720p HDTV.

Only $397.99

Samsung 39" class LED 1080p HDTV.

Only $477.99

Samsung 51" class plasma 720p HDTV.

TIA
The answer is NO. The products are specially labeled and the priced is only for a certain time and day so when they are scanned you will receive the price reduction. The BF products will be pulled out before the sale and the stampeding can begin!
Good to know. The WalMart add indicates that this deal is available at 10pm on Thursday. I'll prolly go light on the Turkey so I'm awake and not in my typical post-feast slug-mode. I might have to be quick on my feets. I wonder what kind of quantity they'll have!?!

I am a vendor that goes into WalMart and I peeked at their TVs today. A very mediocre WalMart has 15 of the 60" Vizio's. Good chances here that most have that many and maybe more.
Thanks for the update! This is good info... So you're saying there's a chance!

TIA
Good to know. The WalMart add indicates that this deal is available at 10pm on Thursday. I'll prolly go light on the Turkey so I'm awake and not in my typical post-feast slug-mode. I might have to be quick on my feets. I wonder what kind of quantity they'll have!?!
I'm guessing you'll need to be in line just after you finish lunch in order to get a 60".

Target has a 40inch Westinghouse LCD 1080p for 279.00.Just bought this one for the bedroom, $302.02 w/tax.Looking for a bigger one for the livingroom now.
What is Target's return policy? Take the Westinghouse back ASAP if possible.
I agree 100%.
Why??
Westinghouse TV's are usually the bare basic TV. You don't get a lot out of them. This particular one is priced right, though. It would be OK for a bedroom or kid TV but not much else. Most reputable reviews have poor sound ratings and average picture quality. Can't really expect much for a $300 40" though. Get some external speakers.
Thanks for the reply.
i have a westinghouse 32 and the sound is off by almost a second.. hard to notice but once you do theres no going back

all these cheap tv deals at walmart etc

i cant imagine how many fist fights will break out when people who waited 15 hours in line figure out there are only 1-10 of them per store :popcorn:

TIA
Just posted info above on the 60" Vizio. A medium scale WM had 15. Larger ones probably get 20-25. I hit large scale WM in a little while and will check it out.

TIA
Just posted info above on the 60" Vizio. A medium scale WM had 15. Larger ones probably get 20-25. I hit large scale WM in a little while and will check it out.
25 at the area's busiest WM.

Newbie Question - dhy does MHz matter when purchasing a tv? What does 120 MHz provide that 60 MHz doesnt?

Thanks.

Thanks guys.

One more question: Are the deals being posted in this thread expected to go down in price as Friday approaches? Or is this it? (in which case I should buy now).

Thanks guys. One more question: Are the deals being posted in this thread expected to go down in price as Friday approaches? Or is this it? (in which case I should buy now).
These are the deals that correspond to the Black Friday ads. Different deals roll out at different times. Check that ad.

Scotty, any thoughts on buying the offbrand tvs?? I bought an Olevia 42" tv on BF 5 years ago. A year after that Olevia went bankrupt, and then the TV started having issues. Twice I have had to re-soder capacitors into the power board since they kept failing, the TV will randomly turn off, sound goes, image locks.... I am looking to replace it. Obviously name brands cost more.Do you know anything about TCL/Haier/Coby... and their quality??
I have one of those Olevia's and the sound is out. How di you get yours back?That tv has the most maddening setup/adjustment paradigm in the history of paradigms. I was almost glad whne the sound went out and I stuck it in a closet. But it does have a very nice pic.

Is cyber monday more of a sale on movies/games & accessories, or might a TV deal come along that competes with black friday prices?

I will update this thread at least once a week with updated deals. I will only post TVs that get good ratings/reviews.

Black Friday TV rank based on Size/Price/Reviews:

60"+

1-60" Vizio LED/LCD 120Hz Smart TV for $688 Best overall deal

2-60" Sharp Aquos LED/LCD 120Hz for $999 *$1 less at WalMart*

3-65" Vizio LED/LCD 120Hz Smart TV for $998 at Sam's Club (Model No: M650VSE)

4-65" Samsung LED 120Hz for $1498

5-70" Sharp LED 120Hz for $1798 at WalMart (Model No: LC-70LE600U)

50-55"

1-50" Toshiba LED/LCD for $300 2nd best deal overall / $100 more at Best Buy

2-51" Samsung Plasma for $478 Also on sale at Sam's Club, WalMart, Kmart and Sears - all within $2 of each other.

3-55" Panasonic 3D 120Hz LED for $900 +4 pairs of 3D glasses

4-55" Samsung LED 120Hz for $800 $100 more at Sears

5-55" Insignia LCD 120Hz for $600

39-47"

1-40" Toshiba LCD for $180

2-39" Emerson LCD for $198

3-39" Seiki LCD for $200\

4-43" Samsung Plasma for $378 Same at WalMart

5-40" Samsung 3D 120Hz LED for $498 +2 Pairs of 3D glasses

6-40" Samsung LED for $429

32"

1-Emerson LCD for $149 at WalMart

2-RCA LCD with Built-in DVD for $240

3-Samsung LED for $248

4-Panasonic LCD for $190

5-Magnavox LCD for $198
:thumbup:
Are the links where the Black Friday deals are going to be?
Yes
I cant find that one in Sears' ad.
Page 64 Top Left Corner
Im not very good at the internet - where do you see page numbers on the Sears page? :bag:

I will update this thread at least once a week with updated deals. I will only post TVs that get good ratings/reviews.

60"+

50-55"

2-51" Samsung Plasma for $478 Also on sale at Sam's Club, WalMart, Kmart and Sears - all within $2 of each other.

39-47"

32"

3-Samsung LED for $248

4-Panasonic LCD for $190

5-Magnavox LCD for $198
Yes
Page 64 Top Left Corner
Im not very good at the internet - where do you see page numbers on the Sears page? :bag:
I'm going to try and snag the 50" and the 32". I'm going to bet getting in line at about 2pm. Hoping that's soon enough. :unsure:

60"+

50-55"

39-47"

32"

3-Samsung LED for $248

4-Panasonic LCD for $190

5-Magnavox LCD for $198
Yes
Page 64 Top Left Corner
I'm going to try and snag the 50" and the 32". I'm going to bet getting in line at about 2pm. Hoping that's soon enough. :unsure:
Good luck man, enjoy the ride (hopefully).

Just saw on the bfads site that Amazon released some of their prices. They are matching the prices of some of the deals already listed, including that 40" doorbuster.

Coby LEDTV2326 23-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV/Monitor - $78

Haier L32A2120 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD HDTV - $97

Toshiba 40E220U 40" 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV - $179

TCL L42FHDE30 42-Inch 1080p 60Hz Slim-Bezel LCD HDTV - $179

Panasonic VIERA TC-L32C5 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LCD TV - $189

Samsung UN32EH4003 32-Inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV - $248

Hiteker TL50Z10AH-TP 50-Inch 60Hz LCD TV - $288

Samsung UN46EH5300 46-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV - $598

Panasonic VIERA TC-L55ET5 55-Inch 1080p 120Hz 3D Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV with 4 Pairs of Polarized 3D Glasses - $899

Sceptre Inc. SB20202B Home Theater Technology - $38

Roku HD Streaming Player - $39

Panasonic DMP-BD87 Ultra-Fast Booting Blu-ray Disc Player - $68

Samsung HW-E350 AirTrack Soundbar - $98
Not sure this is accurate. Haven't seen this at the usual places.
don't know much about the site Scotty but My link

Users who are viewing this thread