What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TV Deals Thread (2 Viewers)

Somewhat hilariously, I'm also in the market for a flat-panel TV or PC monitor in the old-fashioned 4x3 aspect ratio, or close to it. I have a 27in x 24in space I'm looking to fill as much as possible and am looking for options. Anyone have affordable suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this isn't the spirit of the thread, but check out a local Pawn shop if you are looking for a "deal" more then cutting edge tech.

I needed a flat panel for outdoor use on weekends that if it broke I wouldn't get pissed. I picked up a Panasonic 40 inch LCD 2012 model for $250 and he threw in the wall mount. TV's are more and more a dime a dozen now days and the falling price on new TV's is killing the used market.

Edit: 40 inch, not 4.

how ####### hard is it for TV makers to post the weight of the TV in the specs? Are scales broken in Korea? :wall: Just want to confirm my weak ### wall mount can hold some of these or if I need a new mount.

Buy $400 gift card and get $75 gift card

Then use the $400 gift card on this 32" TV for $268 and get a $125 gift card. $132 balance + $75 gift card + $125 gift card leaves you with $332 in gift cards. TV is essentially $68 total.

Incredible deal, especially if you plan on making a $300 purchase at Dell anytime soon.
15" Toshiba Laptop with 6G Ram from Dell for $329.

If the stars align and you can make this deal work, you're getting a 32" Samsung TV and a New not-completely-terrible laptop for $400. :moneybag:

Buy $400 gift card and get $75 gift card

Then use the $400 gift card on this 32" TV for $268 and get a $125 gift card. $132 balance + $75 gift card + $125 gift card leaves you with $332 in gift cards. TV is essentially $68 total.

Incredible deal, especially if you plan on making a $300 purchase at Dell anytime soon.
15" Toshiba Laptop with 6G Ram from Dell for $329.

If the stars align and you can make this deal work, you're getting a 32" Samsung TV and a New not-completely-terrible laptop for $400. :moneybag:
Key word is "plan". Some of those gift cards don't get to you for 10-20 days. So some deals may expire by then.

Since when does Dell sell Toshiba laptops?

looking to replace the antiquated 42" plasma I bought for my bedroom ~ 2008 with something much larger, but the deals don't look nearly as good for the bigger (60" - 70") screens.

Best I've seen is this 70" Vizio LED for $998.

tommyGunZ said:
looking to replace the antiquated 42" plasma I bought for my bedroom ~ 2008 with something much larger, but the deals don't look nearly as good for the bigger (60" - 70") screens.

Best I've seen is this 70" Vizio LED for $998.
Yep, same deal Sam's Club is having this Sunday. See about 10 posts up.

Is there a thread talking about the pros and cons of different TVs types (plasma, LED, projection, etc, whatever, yada)?

Haven't shopped for one in, uhhh... 29 years. :bag:

Is there a thread talking about the pros and cons of different TVs types (plasma, LED, projection, etc, whatever, yada)?

Yep

I tend to lean towards LED because of color quality, though black colors are generally not as dark as on plasmas. Plasmas are dirt cheap these days even if not on sale and have the best refresh rates for sports viewing. Plasma is the better option in bright rooms. If you can control the lighting or have a dark room, go LCD or LED.

YepI tend to lean towards LED because of color quality, though black colors are generally not as dark as on plasmas. Plasmas are dirt cheap these days even if not on sale and have the best refresh rates for sports viewing. Plasma is the better option in bright rooms. If you can control the lighting or have a dark room, go LCD or LED.
If you have a dark room you should go plasma since they reflect light more than LED or LCD.

Yep

I tend to lean towards LED because of color quality, though black colors are generally not as dark as on plasmas. Plasmas are dirt cheap these days even if not on sale and have the best refresh rates for sports viewing. Plasma is the better option in bright rooms. If you can control the lighting or have a dark room, go LCD or LED.
Plasmas have the best picture period. Most accurate colors and best black level. The are not as bright as LED/LCD and can have glare issues in brightly sunlit rooms, they can also have image retention/burn in issues if left with a static image on for long periods of time. They are also not as thin, light or as energy efficient as LED/LCD.

Personally, I would never go with anything other than a Plasma until OLEDs price points are reasonable.

Yep

Plasmas have the best picture period. Most accurate colors and best black level. The are not as bright as LED/LCD and can have glare issues in brightly sunlit rooms, they can also have image retention/burn in issues if left with a static image on for long periods of time. They are also not as thin, light or as energy efficient as LED/LCD.

Personally, I would never go with anything other than a Plasma until OLEDs price points are reasonable.
Right, had them backwards.

Plasma = dark room, LED = bright room.

Gotta be quick. I'm in the market for 2 55+ TV's for the basement I'm finishing. Keep'em coming Scotty.

Yep

This. My Samsung D7000 is my favorite TV ever. I've never had more people comment on the picture quality than this TV. :wub:

Yep

This. My Samsung D7000 is my favorite TV ever. I've never had more people comment on the picture quality than this TV. :wub:
I've had my Pany plasma for several months now and I swear the picture looks like it gets better with age. Black level is great and the red is brilliant at the end of the Verizon commercial, for instance.

I've had no issues with any retention or burn-in and the glare is minimal and I'm used to it. I watch mostly at night during which time there is no glare at all. Awesome picture. Highly recommend plasma.

Yep

I've had my Pany plasma for several months now and I swear the picture looks like it gets better with age. Black level is great and the red is brilliant at the end of the Verizon commercial, for instance.

I've had no issues with any retention or burn-in and the glare is minimal and I'm used to it. I watch mostly at night during which time there is no glare at all. Awesome picture. Highly recommend plasma.
I don't doubt you're seeing it 'mature'. I noticed the same thing with mine. I bought it in 2011 and its still as gorgeous as ever.

I'm horrible about chasing the latest tech.... but with this TV, I've never had an itch to try something else. I can't stand that weird 3D type effect you see in some LCD/LEDs. My sister's TV drives me insane.

Yep

I will likely get my next plasma in Jan/Feb as Panasonic is ceasing plasma production in Dec. Makes me sad to see such a great tech die :kicksrock:

Yep

My panny plasma is coming up on something like 3 years old.... ZERO issues. Still amazing picture with no burn in or other issues. No glare. Blows away the Samsung LED in the bedroom.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned

Users who are viewing this thread