What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (9 Viewers)

'BustedKnuckles said:
'Apple Jack said:
'Cowboys#1 said:
I liked the speech the chief gave to Hank and his partner about not Frings and their relationship. Contrasted beautifully with Hank and Walt's relationship. Hank's reaction at the end of that speech is interesting, like a look of recognition.
Probably the most significant moment of the shoe.
The family barbeques will never be the same now
It looks like Merkert's career is killed because of his relationship with Fring. Hank has to be wondering that if Walt is his man, then what might happen to him.I expect Hank's intial reaction to be 'nah..it couldn't be...could it?"
I don't think we can assume Hank suspects Walt based on one facial expression. If and when Hank ever suspects Walt, it shouldn't take him too long to confirm it.
If that's not what was demonstrated with that scene then that's some amateur hour bs. There was no mistaking the walk up to it..."right under my nose", the gravity of the situation with his buddy and somebody he respects losing his job, "RIGHT UNDER MY NOSE", then the recognition and cut. There's no way that's not what happened there. And if it's not, that's the lamest thing I've seen on the show.
And I know they're notorious for giving little to nothing in teasers for next week, but I recall Marie making an emotional plea to Slylar about where the money really came from. Right? I was kinda buzzed, so that's a little fuzzy.

I remember Cho now. Got it.One last question - had we seen Chris before?
The driver for Gus.For those who watch it live there is a great site from AMC called something like breakingbadinsync.com that gives you little facts, reminders, polls, videos, and quiz questions the entire hour, pretty cool.
Any idea if they "store" that hour so those of us that watch on DVR can still run through it?

'BustedKnuckles said:
'Apple Jack said:
'Cowboys#1 said:
I liked the speech the chief gave to Hank and his partner about not Frings and their relationship. Contrasted beautifully with Hank and Walt's relationship. Hank's reaction at the end of that speech is interesting, like a look of recognition.
It looks like Merkert's career is killed because of his relationship with Fring. Hank has to be wondering that if Walt is his man, then what might happen to him.I expect Hank's intial reaction to be 'nah..it couldn't be...could it?"
I don't think we can assume Hank suspects Walt based on one facial expression. If and when Hank ever suspects Walt, it shouldn't take him too long to confirm it.
If that's not what was demonstrated with that scene then that's some amateur hour bs. There was no mistaking the walk up to it..."right under my nose", the gravity of the situation with his buddy and somebody he respects losing his job, "RIGHT UNDER MY NOSE", then the recognition and cut. There's no way that's not what happened there. And if it's not, that's the lamest thing I've seen on the show.
And I know they're notorious for giving little to nothing in teasers for next week, but I recall Marie making an emotional plea to Slylar about where the money really came from. Right? I was kinda buzzed, so that's a little fuzzy.
In the teaser, Marie was demanding the truth from Walt. Of course, the subject at hand is not revealed.

Not loving the show so far. Feels like they are starting over and trying to establish new storylines in kind of a forced way.

'BustedKnuckles said:
'Apple Jack said:
'Cowboys#1 said:
In the teaser, Marie was demanding the truth from Walt. Of course, the subject at hand is not revealed.Okay. Gotta figure that has something to do with the way she's acting/depression then.

I remember Cho now. Got it.One last question - had we seen Chris before?
The driver for Gus.For those who watch it live there is a great site from AMC called something like breakingbadinsync.com that gives you little facts, reminders, polls, videos, and quiz questions the entire hour, pretty cool.
After the season finale, I compared him to Argyle from Diehard, wondering whatever happened to him. Glad we finally have the answer. (Still not sure why he didn't call the people guarding Jesse and tell them Gus just went boom.)

'BustedKnuckles said:
'Apple Jack said:
'Cowboys#1 said:
I think that scene works even if Hank doesn't see the connection between him and Walt. The audience sees it, and that's enough for me.

'BustedKnuckles said:
'Apple Jack said:
'Cowboys#1 said:
I agree. It seems like a set up moment that leads to him finding out. Maybe he asks Jr some leading questions but gets no where. It still nags at him so he talks to Syler. That would be a great scene.How is Mike going to work, he is going to have intense police scutiny.
I think, at first, he'll try to rule it out. When he can't rule it out, he'll start to take that "crazy" thought seriously.
Help me out here, besides knowing that Walt knows Jesse and that Walt used to buy some pot off of Jesse, what other coincidences or connections does Hank know or suspect Walt of having to Heisenberg, Gus Fring, Tio Salamacca, blue meth, Gayle, the RV, etc...? Hasn't Walt's involvement been kept a secret pretty well? A lot of close calls but either by Walt's involvement or luck of circumstances it seems to me that Walt's involvement has been fairly well hidden. What would make Hank suspect Walt other than his knowing Jesse, science labratory equipment from Walt's school being "stolen" and used to cook meth, Walt having two cell phones, Walt coming into enough money "from playing poker" to help Hank out with medical costs? Am I forgetting something more concrete?

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember Cho now. Got it.

One last question - had we seen Chris before?
Any idea if they "store" that hour so those of us that watch on DVR can still run through it?
Yes, start at the bottom.Much better while watching. Literally in sync with the episode. As soon as Chris appeared on screen, it reminded us who he was, same with Cho. Let us know who Lydia was, and the connection to the story.

'BustedKnuckles said:
'Apple Jack said:
'Cowboys#1 said:
I agree. It seems like a set up moment that leads to him finding out. Maybe he asks Jr some leading questions but gets no where. It still nags at him so he talks to Syler. That would be a great scene.How is Mike going to work, he is going to have intense police scutiny.
I think, at first, he'll try to rule it out. When he can't rule it out, he'll start to take that "crazy" thought seriously.
Help me out here, besides knowing that Walt knows Jesse and that Walt used to buy some pot off of Jesse, what other coincidences or connections does Hank know or suspect Walt of having to Heisenberg, Gus Fring, Tio Salamacca, blue meth, Gayle, the RV, etc...? Hasn't Walt's involvement been kept a secret pretty well? A lot of close calls but either by Walt's involvement or luck of circumstances it seems to me that Walt's involvement has been fairly well hidden. What would make Hank suspect Walt other than his knowing Jesse, science labratory equipment from Walt's school being "stolen" and used to cook meth, Walt having two cell phones, Walt coming into enough money "from playing poker" to help Hank out with medical costs? Am I forgetting something more concrete?
That covers what I can remember: the stolen school equipment, the gambling winnings, buying pot from a former student, the 2 cell phones. There was the 'accident' Walt pulled off when he was on a stakeout with Hank.Though I don't believe Hank knows about Walt/Skyler covering his medical bills.

'Raider Nation said:
Totally out-of-left-field question: did you guys get the impression that Schuler was eating chicken nuggets or tater tots in the beginning? There seems to be some dissension about it on another board.

Here are the sauces he dipped:

Honey mustard

half French dressing/half Ranch dressing

Cajun kick-ass

Smoky Mesquite BBQ

Ketchup

Now, if they had left ketchup off the plate, chicken nuggets would be the easy answer. But who dips chicken nuggets in ketchup. :X OTOH, ketchup is GREAT for tater tots, but not so much with those other dips.

Verdict?

:unsure:
I love ketchup with my nuggets

'BustedKnuckles said:
'Apple Jack said:
'Cowboys#1 said:
It looks like Merkert's career is killed because of his relationship with Fring. Hank has to be wondering that if Walt is his man, then what might happen to him.

I expect Hank's intial reaction to be 'nah..it couldn't be...could it?"
That covers what I can remember: the stolen school equipment, the gambling winnings, buying pot from a former student, the 2 cell phones. There was the 'accident' Walt pulled off when he was on a stakeout with Hank.

Though I don't believe Hank knows about Walt/Skyler covering his medical bills.
He will soon. Marie won't shut her hole.

'BustedKnuckles said:
'Apple Jack said:
'Cowboys#1 said:
The crash at the laundromat. Walt's erratic behavior. Hank has a sharp memory, so he'll remember all the little things. Walt's recent occasional bowing up when boozing. Telling Hank that Heisenberg was still out there. All the fishing Walt's done in conversation. There is no way Hank isn't onto him immediately as soon as he is ready to entertain the idea.

'BustedKnuckles said:
'Apple Jack said:
'Cowboys#1 said:
Hank doesn't know that Walt is paying his medical bills, but he does know Walt has enough money to pay his own medical bills and buy a car wash. He also knows that Walt bought Jr the sports car that Skyler made him take back.I think the lightbulb moment for Hank will be when he realizes that the car accident he and Walt had near the laundromat was no accident.

Can someone remind me how Walt lost all his $$? Was it solely the car wash and Skyler paying off $600k for Ted? I thought Walt had more than that?

Had forgotten about Walt blowing the stakeout and the dinner where Walt got drunk and basically convinced Hank to continue investigating Heisenberg. A lot of little things for Hank to try to put together. Also had forgetten that Hank didn't know about Walt taking care of his medical bills.

Just putting this out there for anyone that watches spoilers / reads about spoilers / has Vince Gilligan as a regular customer buying milk at the Cumberland Farms that you work graveyard shift at - now I'm not saying this information was gleaned from any of the aforementioned, but now that the last season is being shown I wanted to get this out there for all of the spoiler fans:

Do not discuss anything in this thread that has been revealed by a "spoiler".

I'd even go so far as to say start up a BREAKING BAD SPOILER thread to discuss all this stuff if you want - when people use spoiler tags in thread you get people respond with spoiler tags and you always get that knucklehead that doesn't know how to use spoiler tags and just starts discussing the information openly. I know I'm not alone here in that there are at least a few people in this thread that enjoy watching the show week-to-week without any insider information and try to avoid any and all spoiler information even if it means not watching anything on AMC until after BB is shown ending that week.
BUMPWhy I am I reading plain text about people speculating about spoilers from upcoming episodes. STOP IT. Start a thread called BB Spoilers or something, I purposely do not even watch upcoming episode attractions to avoid this type of stuff.

At the very least when someone posts a spoiler reply with a SPOILER tag not plain text.

:grad:

Can someone remind me how Walt lost all his $$? Was it solely the car wash and Skyler paying off $600k for Ted? I thought Walt had more than that?
Car Wash - 800,000Ted 600,000Saul's fees - including a lot of special services like poisioning a kidExtorted by Saul's secretary - 25,000Blew up sports car - 30,000Saul's fees for cleanup of said event-- 20,000Hank's Medical bills 200,000 - 300,000bottle of champagne 300

Just putting this out there for anyone that watches spoilers / reads about spoilers / has Vince Gilligan as a regular customer buying milk at the Cumberland Farms that you work graveyard shift at - now I'm not saying this information was gleaned from any of the aforementioned, but now that the last season is being shown I wanted to get this out there for all of the spoiler fans:

I'd even go so far as to say start up a BREAKING BAD SPOILER thread to discuss all this stuff if you want - when people use spoiler tags in thread you get people respond with spoiler tags and you always get that knucklehead that doesn't know how to use spoiler tags and just starts discussing the information openly. I know I'm not alone here in that there are at least a few people in this thread that enjoy watching the show week-to-week without any insider information and try to avoid any and all spoiler information even if it means not watching anything on AMC until after BB is shown ending that week.
BUMPWhy I am I reading plain text about people speculating about spoilers from upcoming episodes. STOP IT. Start a thread called BB Spoilers or something, I purposely do not even watch upcoming episode attractions to avoid this type of stuff.

At the very least when someone posts a spoiler reply with a SPOILER tag not plain text.

No.

While I actually did use spoiler tags in my original post, if you didn't watch next weeks teaser then that's on you. It's something that aired. You're welcome to start your own thread if you're going to get uptight about something the majority of us watched.

While I actually did use spoiler tags in my original post, if you didn't watch next weeks teaser then that's on you. It's something that aired. You're welcome to start your own thread if you're going to get uptight about something the majority of us watched.
:goodposting: A spoiler doesn't equal someone's theory or prediction.

I'm with JoJo on this. I avoid the previews and spoilers as much as I can. This has been a great thread and it would be a shame to chase off any of the guys who want to participate in it.

Where has there been any discussion about certain spoilers? Speculation is perfectly fine. It's 100% things that will appear on future episodes taht are off limits

I'm with JoJo on this. I avoid the previews and spoilers as much as I can. This has been a great thread and it would be a shame to chase off any of the guys who want to participate in it.
Then don't come in the thread. If it's aired on TV, it's fair game

Exactly.And like you said, someone's theory of how things might go.

Those aren't spoilers. That's what message boards are for.

'BustedKnuckles said:
'Apple Jack said:
'Cowboys#1 said:
It looks like Merkert's career is killed because of his relationship with Fring. Hank has to be wondering that if Walt is his man, then what might happen to him.

All that's not enough?Of course, the cash and the crash add to it too.

No, there's nothing concrete, but obviously, there are plenty of threads to pull on for Hank, as soon as he has reason to pull on them.

As someone mentioned, this should be pretty easy for Hank to piece together once he becomes suspicious (as it appears he now is).

At first, I thought it felt too soon for this (shouldn't take more than an episode for Hank to essentially "know"), but I could see at least the next 6 episodes of Hank trying to prove it. Of course, the turn him in vs. cover it up issue will be ongoing, as well as Walt's decision to kill him or not.

I'm guessing that Hank/Skyler/Marie vs Walt/Mike/Jesse has essentially begun and will be entrenched by the beginning of the next half-season.

'BustedKnuckles said:
'Apple Jack said:
'Cowboys#1 said:

All that's not enough?Of course, the cash and the crash add to it too.

No, there's nothing concrete, but obviously, there are plenty of threads to pull on for Hank, as soon as he has reason to pull on them.

As someone mentioned, this should be pretty easy for Hank to piece together once he becomes suspicious (as it appears he now is).

At first, I thought it felt too soon for this (shouldn't take more than an episode for Hank to essentially "know"), but I could see at least the next 6 episodes of Hank trying to prove it. Of course, the turn him in vs. cover it up issue will be ongoing, as well as Walt's decision to kill him or not.

I'm guessing that Hank/Skyler/Marie vs Walt/Mike/Jesse has essentially begun and will be entrenched by the beginning of the next half-season.
And Flynn continually asking "What the heck is going on??"

Hank gets it, or will very soon. We all know there are 14 episodes left. This is the beginning of the end. This is how it is manifesting itself. It may not go as anyone predicts but we know that we have 6 more episodes this season and then 8 next season and that's that. We also know there is an M-60 involved and Walt has a full head of hair when he buys it. One of the dots leading up to that point is Hank realizing something significant over whiskey with his deposed boss. Getcha :popcorn: ready.

'Sarnoff said:
'biggamer3 said:
Guys I forgot some of the stuff from last season. Help me out here, Jessie thought that he left the cigarette with the Ricin in the hands of the kid who smoked it and got sick. In reality the kid got sick from those plants right? Does Jessie know that it was the plants and not the Ricin? Refresh me a bit
Jesse knew it was Lily of the Valley plant berries that poisoned the kid, not the ricin beans ( :lmao: @ that line). The doctor explained that Lily of the Valley poisonings are somewhat common with kids because the plant grows in the area and kids come across it sometimes and try the berries not knowing better. Jesse probably thinks that's what happened at this point.
So the whole Roomba shtick done by Walt was to quell the fear of Jessie of someone else possibly smoking the cig and getting poisoned?

Car Wash - 800,000Ted 600,000Saul's fees - including a lot of special services like poisioning a kidExtorted by Saul's secretary - 25,000Blew up sports car - 30,000Saul's fees for cleanup of said event-- 20,000Hank's Medical bills 200,000 - 300,000bottle of champagne 300
Plus didn't Walt borrow money from Jesse to pay the junkyard guy for the magnet truck? I remember Walt asking him for the money and saying he'd pay it back. I dont remember how much though.

'Sarnoff said:
'biggamer3 said:
Guys I forgot some of the stuff from last season. Help me out here, Jessie thought that he left the cigarette with the Ricin in the hands of the kid who smoked it and got sick. In reality the kid got sick from those plants right? Does Jessie know that it was the plants and not the Ricin? Refresh me a bit
Jesse knew it was Lily of the Valley plant berries that poisoned the kid, not the ricin beans ( :lmao: @ that line). The doctor explained that Lily of the Valley poisonings are somewhat common with kids because the plant grows in the area and kids come across it sometimes and try the berries not knowing better. Jesse probably thinks that's what happened at this point.
So the whole Roomba shtick done by Walt was to quell the fear of Jessie of someone else possibly smoking the cig and getting poisoned?
Yes, he was tying up the loose end of "what happened to that cig anyway??"

I still don't understand the Lydia situation, i understand she bought the chemicals and such for Gus' operation, but what is going to make her not want to kill Mike and the rest of his guys still with threats of them talking to the DEA. The DEA would have to know someone else higher up is involved in the Heisenburg/Gus case when they see Chow and Sean? dead at Chows house..i know its TV, but seems like some shotty cop work with all the happenings not being able to be linked together.

The scene with Saul saying "you don't try to win the lotto twice" brought up the issues I was feeling earlier, that Walt has an opportunity to walk away clean here and he's not taking it. I'm not sure his excuse of "Well, I owe $40,000" is enough. 40K doesn't seem like that much to have to risk everything he's risking by starting a new enterprise, buying new equipment, chemicals, buying people off (how much is this all going to cost) to take on the cartels and putting his family Back In Danger. At least, $40K doesn't seem that much when the car wash is profitable on its own (per Skyler) and he has years of healthy living ahead of him.. Hank can walk, they're probably at the tail end of those bills. Is Walt really going to go back to war over the cost of the Mustang excursion? (And how has Skyler not yet noticed the refund they were due from the dealership never materialized?)

I feel there must be something else, probably the return of the cancer, that's motivating him here. I don't buy it's just pride in his product and a desire for $40K just yet. If he really has a profitable business and many years ahead of him, I don't buy him jumping back in with both feet.

I still don't understand the Lydia situation, i understand she bought the chemicals and such for Gus' operation, but what is going to make her not want to kill Mike and the rest of his guys still with threats of them talking to the DEA. The DEA would have to know someone else higher up is involved in the Heisenburg/Gus case when they see Chow and Sean? dead at Chows house..i know its TV, but seems like some shotty cop work with all the happenings not being able to be linked together.
As far as Lydia goes, they pretty much had to bring in some infrastructure once they agreed to cook again.I like the character already.

I agree. Speculation is great and a big part of what makes this a fun thread. It's speculating based on previews or other spoilers that we're trying to avoid. If you think Hank is going to catch Walt because of something we've seen on the show, by all means post it. But if you think Hank is going to catch Walt because of something in the previews, or something you read in an inteview with the cast or producers, we're asking you to put it in spoiler tags.

The scene with Saul saying "you don't try to win the lotto twice" brought up the issues I was feeling earlier, that Walt has an opportunity to walk away clean here and he's not taking it. I'm not sure his excuse of "Well, I owe $40,000" is enough. 40K doesn't seem like that much to have to risk everything he's risking by starting a new enterprise, buying new equipment, chemicals, buying people off (how much is this all going to cost) to take on the cartels and putting his family Back In Danger. At least, $40K doesn't seem that much when the car wash is profitable on its own (per Skyler) and he has years of healthy living ahead of him.. Hank can walk, they're probably at the tail end of those bills. Is Walt really going to go back to war over the cost of the Mustang excursion? (And how has Skyler not yet noticed the refund they were due from the dealership never materialized?)

I feel there must be something else, probably the return of the cancer, that's motivating him here. I don't buy it's just pride in his product and a desire for $40K just yet. If he really has a profitable business and many years ahead of him, I don't buy him jumping back in with both feet.
re-watch "over"

same situation -- Walt could be free and clear --but he couldn't get out. This is one thing in his milquetoats life that has made him feel powerful and in control.

I agree. Speculation is great and a big part of what makes this a fun thread. It's speculating based on previews or other spoilers that we're trying to avoid. If you think Hank is going to catch Walt because of something we've seen on the show, by all means post it. But if you think Hank is going to catch Walt because of something in the previews, or something you read in an inteview with the cast or producers, we're asking you to put it in spoiler tags.
Previews are fair game IMO.They're part of the show.

Not sure that he really can quit anymore. Reasons:1. Ego.

2. Yeah, the 40k thing.

3. The money he received from Gus has been filtered through the car wash. All of the sudden, the car wash starts reporting a HUGE loss of net sales and no one (i.e. the I.R.S.) is going to notice?

4. Skyler. The precedent is set and even the biggest mea culpa in the world won't change what Skyler feels about him.

5. His own mortality. This all boils back to the original reason he started making meth. When Mike said last night that Walt "is a ticking time bomb", I don't think he was just talking about the maniacal Heisenberg personality going off, either. Walt now doesn't have diddly poo to leave behind except for a car wash business with a not-all-that-compliant wife running it.

re-watch "over"

same situation -- Walt could be free and clear --but he couldn't get out. This is one thing in his milquetoats life that has made him feel powerful and in control.
I think that's been the prime motivator from the beginning.

"There's gold in the streets!"

Previews and cast interviews are not even remotely close to comparable.

Hubris. Cooking meth for Walt is no longer merely a means of providing financial stability for his family, it is much moreso about his ego and the need for him to be recognized for his power. You know Flynn's comments about Unle Hank being a hero of even more of a hero just had to grate at Walt as he desperately wants to be the one who is thought of in a revered position.

Users who are viewing this thread