What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (4 Viewers)

I think the reference to Victor was that he overstepped his bounds. Which Walt thinks Mike did.Walt thinks he is the sun. He is too dumb to know how much he needs Mike, and since he has often been the instrument of his own demise, having him take out Mike, causing things to crumble around him would fit his character.
I was thinking this too. I could see him taking out Mike, stop paying Mike's guys who worked for Gus, and then they'll start talking to the feds and the noose will tighten around him.

the nanny cam line has to come into play later, no?
Landry disabled it.
Yeah I know, but why even have that line if its not gonna come into play later, perhaps unless it was so Landry could earn a little trust from Walt and Jesse...maybe?
Yes.
I think it was just meant to tell the viewer that the exterminators are on the look out for snooping homeowners. Just trying to make the whole idea more plausible.

I think the idea of cooking out of these homes is a stretch. I bet if you asked an exterminator they'd say it was not uncommon for a homeowner to return to the house unexpectedly.

It's a stretch but trivial at this point in the story.
Thats why i love this angle, i keep waiting for someone to walk in on them, keeps the tension levels high :thumbup:
The type of extermination where they throw a tarp over the house -- the homeowner ain't coming in to that.does Vermanos take the keys too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Landry disabled it.
Yeah I know, but why even have that line if its not gonna come into play later, perhaps unless it was so Landry could earn a little trust from Walt and Jesse...maybe?
Yes.
I think it was just meant to tell the viewer that the exterminators are on the look out for snooping homeowners. Just trying to make the whole idea more plausible.

I think the idea of cooking out of these homes is a stretch. I bet if you asked an exterminator they'd say it was not uncommon for a homeowner to return to the house unexpectedly.

Thats why i love this angle, i keep waiting for someone to walk in on them, keeps the tension levels high :thumbup:
The type of extermination where they throw a tarp over the house -- the homeowner ain't coming in to that.does Vermanos take the keys too?
They did last night.

Landry disabled it.
Yes.
I think it was just meant to tell the viewer that the exterminators are on the look out for snooping homeowners. Just trying to make the whole idea more plausible.I think the idea of cooking out of these homes is a stretch. I bet if you asked an exterminator they'd say it was not uncommon for a homeowner to return to the house unexpectedly.

I believe Landry will be a bigger part of the show this season.

This interaction did both; solidified the storyline and introduced the new character.
1.13 Todd

Mke is no dummy, there is no way Walt gets the drop on him. Maybe Mike makes the first move, and Jessie is forced to choose whether or not to intervene.Nice mind hump by Walt to get Jessie to dump his girl.
Yeah, that was a questionable bit, too.I didn't really follow what Jesse meant when he said she was going to tell Brock? That he broke it off with her?

Mke is no dummy, there is no way Walt gets the drop on him. Maybe Mike makes the first move, and Jessie is forced to choose whether or not to intervene.Nice mind hump by Walt to get Jessie to dump his girl.
Yeah, that was a questionable bit, too.I didn't really follow what Jesse meant when he said she was going to tell Brock? That he broke it off with her?
Yea that is what I thought.

Surprised we didn't get any Hank last night.

I like the idea of using the homes.

Not sure how realistic it is, but good idea none the less.

Good thing is they are always on the move...bad thing is they now have about 5-8 more people who know EXACTLY what they are involved in.

I think the problem with the Vamonos Pest plan is that it's difficult to scale up their operation. Walt wants more $$, but their cook time is limited.

Do any of Mike's guys, besides Dennis, know who Walt is?Kill off Dennis and the need for legacy money becomes solely Mike's problem.
Don't you think Mike's problems QUICKLY becomes Walt's problems?
What are Mike's options? - kill Walt - will Jesse cook for him? - rat? No way- Quit - With no cash coming in, the 8 other guys will get antsy to talkMike has no leverage to make Walt pay his share

I think the problem with the Vamonos Pest plan is that it's difficult to scale up their operation. Walt wants more $$, but their cook time is limited.
I don't think we'll see them go in another direction. The previous post talking about using houses by Gilligan as an angle of not having to show ramping up construction and operation of a new superlab made sense. I agree Walt is not happy about his cut, so I'm sure in the next episode we'll see new ways of Walt maximizing his profits, either by taking on distribution hismelf or finding a cheaper alternative, or finding other ways of maximizing their profits such as put a plan in place to start offing the legacy crew.

Do any of Mike's guys, besides Dennis, know who Walt is?

Kill off Dennis and the need for legacy money becomes solely Mike's problem.
Don't you think Mike's problems QUICKLY becomes Walt's problems?
What are Mike's options? - kill Walt - will Jesse cook for him?

- rat? No way

- Quit - With no cash coming in, the 8 other guys will get antsy to talk

Mike has no leverage to make Walt pay his share
That would be my thinking right there.All he has to worry about is Jesse knowing if Mike killed him or not, or at the least if Jesse gets too down and doesn't want to cook anymore and calls it quits.

Mike could off him, and make it look like a cartel hit and then just tell Jesse..."you didn't really think he was gonna simply walk away from this with no one doing anything? Just be glad you're alive kid"

I don't think we'll see them go in another direction. The previous post talking about using houses by Gilligan as an angle of not having to show ramping up construction and operation of a new superlab made sense. I agree Walt is not happy about his cut, so I'm sure in the next episode we'll see new ways of Walt maximizing his profits, either by taking on distribution hismelf or finding a cheaper alternative, or finding other ways of maximizing their profits such as put a plan in place to start offing the legacy crew.
Or load out before bombing for bugs and move into a new place immediately. I don't see why they couldn't go from one place straight into the next.

Anybody think the writers already had this "cooking in bug-infested houses" thing in mind when they shot the "killing a fly" episode a few seasons ago? Seems like it's too significant to be a coincidence.

Ok, so what was the meaning of Walt bringing up Victor? Was that a threat to Jesse? I actually hope Jesse eventually flips on Walt and gets away. At this point, he's the only one I'm rooting for. Walt is a tool. Mike simply has too much blood on his hands. Saul it a scumbag who deserves to go to jail.

Ok, so what was the meaning of Walt bringing up Victor? Was that a threat to Jesse? I actually hope Jesse eventually flips on Walt and gets away. At this point, he's the only one I'm rooting for. Walt is a tool. Mike simply has too much blood on his hands. Saul it a scumbag who deserves to go to jail to have his own show.
Fixed.

I just hope Landry hooks up with Skinny Pete and Badger and puts Crucifictorious back together.
:lmao:Plus that punky chick.
YES. Love that chick.Landry is a good actor and has been getting some work. Spotted him in Paul the other night.
Who is Landry?
A character on Friday Night Lights played by the guy who told Walt that he spotted and disabled a Bloomberg cam in the cook house.

Ok, so what was the meaning of Walt bringing up Victor? Was that a threat to Jesse? I actually hope Jesse eventually flips on Walt and gets away. At this point, he's the only one I'm rooting for. Walt is a tool. Mike simply has too much blood on his hands. Saul it a scumbag who deserves to go to jail.
I took it as a warning to/for Jesse and Mike. Anyone that would dare disagree/threaten/mess with Walt.

didn't love it at first, but the more I think about, the more I like this Pest Control cover.

great idea. graet episode.

I tthinkl the season is set up and #### is about to get heavy.

IT was pretty dumb of Mike (and really all of them) to not discuss expenses before teaming up and cooking. Mike bullying them into the legacy payment was just not good.

Anybody think the writers already had this "cooking in bug-infested houses" thing in mind when they shot the "killing a fly" episode a few seasons ago? Seems like it's too significant to be a coincidence.
Maybe, but it seems like they did try to make a connection when they showed that fly walking on the table in last night's episode.

I was somewhat surprised that Walt/Jesse didn't put the equipment back into the boxes for the Pest guys.. Seems they'd like to have the equipment remain somewhat of a secret - even though I"m sure the guys can guess.

IT was pretty dumb of Mike (and really all of them) to not discuss expenses before teaming up and cooking. Mike bullying them into the legacy payment was just not good.
is that a one time payment or does that come out of their cuts every time they cook?
I took it as every time.
Every time until they are made whole. And Walt is right. Him and Jesse have nothing to do with those guys. They are better off splitting off from Mike and going back to the 3 Amigos. 4 Amigos just doesn't make sense.

is that a one time payment or does that come out of their cuts every time they cook?
I took it as every time.
I think Mike said something to the effect of "This is how it's going to be from here on, so get used to it."

Maybe, but it seems like they did try to make a connection when they showed that fly walking on the table in last night's episode.
I thought it was a cockroach last night.

I thought it was a cockroach last night.
You could be right...I had a few drinks in me at that point. :banned:

I took the meeting in Saul's office as Mike addressing it "I handle all of the business". Jessie doesn't think on that level (or care)...Walt 3 seasons ago would have asked all teh details up front...but he is so desperate for money/power he didn't get caught up in the minuta

I took it as every time.
Every time until they are made whole. And Walt is right. Him and Jesse have nothing to do with those guys. They are better off splitting off from Mike and going back to the 3 Amigos. 4 Amigos just doesn't make sense.
They have no distribution. They have no protection. Mike knows the players and the game. I am sure Walt is thinking along the same lines as you, but that is a big mistake.The only way they can go it alone is with a drastically scaled down operation. As it stands they still have to distribute 50 lbs of meth from one cook, which is hard to do selling teenths.Even if they dont use Mike, they have to go out and find guys like Tuco with existing networks.

Speaking of, how much is usually sold in one "hit" that a junkie buys? There's 12,800 "teenths" in 50 pounds, so even at $20 each, that's barely a quarter million dollars in gross sales.

I took it as every time.
They have no distribution. They have no protection. Mike knows the players and the game. I am sure Walt is thinking along the same lines as you, but that is a big mistake.The only way they can go it alone is with a drastically scaled down operation. As it stands they still have to distribute 50 lbs of meth from one cook, which is hard to do selling teenths.Even if they dont use Mike, they have to go out and find guys like Tuco with existing networks.
I'm sure Saul knows a guy who knows a guy who has a guy who knows a guy. That guy's buddy could probably help out.

I took it as every time.
I'm sure Saul knows a guy who knows a guy who has a guy who knows a guy. That guy's buddy could probably help out.
Saul's still working hard to get laser tag in the mix.

I took it as every time.
Saul's still working hard to get laser tag in the mix.
That's the guy!

Speaking of, how much is usually sold in one "hit" that a junkie buys? There's 12,800 "teenths" in 50 pounds, so even at $20 each, that's barely a quarter million dollars in gross sales.
Funny. I was actually trying to work out the math in my head last night.Per crystalmethaddiction.org prices (no personal knowledge):$120 per teenth (1.75g) * 12,800 teenths = $1.5 million(A quarter gram is $20, and a full teenth has 7 quarter grams)Per the math in the show, they each had $367k stacks or $1.1MM total. Walt said they should have $1.38MM after the dealers got their cut. So their per teenth take is $108 per teenth (12,800 total teenths).From the math, it looks like the blue stuff is selling at a premium (to be expected, and I think the higher price was discussed in the "Half Measures" episode where Combo was knocked off by the bike riding kid). Assuming a simple linear adjustment for purity (and no brand markup, which there definitely would be):$120/teenth price @ purity of 70% = $166/teenth for WW's 97% pure BlueSo at a street price of $166 per teenth, that's $0.75MM for the dealers. With a modest 15-20% price increase for brand recognition, it's nearing $1MM in "sales commission" that's available downstream of WW and the mules. Looks like the writers did the math pretty well.

Landry disabled it.
Yes.

They did last night.
When the Vermanos guy was going over the forms with the homeowner, he asked the guy if he had any extras.

Users who are viewing this thread