What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (2 Viewers)

I was somewhat surprised that Walt/Jesse didn't put the equipment back into the boxes for the Pest guys.. Seems they'd like to have the equipment remain somewhat of a secret - even though I"m sure the guys can guess.
I couldn't tell through the plastic after the "bomb" started... it looked to me like they packed the boxes and left them in the tent, but I didn't look closely enough at the time. Couldn't really make it out in the glare from the plastic.

the nanny cam line has to come into play later, no?
Landry disabled it.
Yeah I know, but why even have that line if its not gonna come into play later, perhaps unless it was so Landry could earn a little trust from Walt and Jesse...maybe?
Yes.
I think it was just meant to tell the viewer that the exterminators are on the look out for snooping homeowners. Just trying to make the whole idea more plausible.

I think the idea of cooking out of these homes is a stretch. I bet if you asked an exterminator they'd say it was not uncommon for a homeowner to return to the house unexpectedly.

It's a stretch but trivial at this point in the story.
Thats why i love this angle, i keep waiting for someone to walk in on them, keeps the tension levels high :thumbup:
The type of extermination where they throw a tarp over the house -- the homeowner ain't coming in to that.does Vermanos take the keys too?
They did last night.
When the Vermanos guy was going over the forms with the homeowner, he asked the guy if he had any extras.
I thought he asked if he needs any extras, either way an odd question, no?

the nanny cam line has to come into play later, no?
Landry disabled it.
Yeah I know, but why even have that line if its not gonna come into play later, perhaps unless it was so Landry could earn a little trust from Walt and Jesse...maybe?
Yes.
I think it was just meant to tell the viewer that the exterminators are on the look out for snooping homeowners. Just trying to make the whole idea more plausible.

I think the idea of cooking out of these homes is a stretch. I bet if you asked an exterminator they'd say it was not uncommon for a homeowner to return to the house unexpectedly.

It's a stretch but trivial at this point in the story.
Thats why i love this angle, i keep waiting for someone to walk in on them, keeps the tension levels high :thumbup:
The type of extermination where they throw a tarp over the house -- the homeowner ain't coming in to that.does Vermanos take the keys too?
They did last night.
When the Vermanos guy was going over the forms with the homeowner, he asked the guy if he had any extras.
I thought he asked if he needs any extras, either way an odd question, no?
He was just making sure he had all the keys he needed off the chain, standard protocol

Marie said Skyler "has to" do something for Walt's 51st. So the past four seasons have been 12 months in their time. I'd think that would put the 52 at the opening of this season as the series finale, not the end of this run of 8. Probably.

Marie said Skyler "has to" do something for Walt's 51st. So the past four seasons have been 12 months in their time. I'd think that would put the 52 at the opening of this season as the series finale, not the end of this run of 8. Probably.
That was quite the year.

I agree. Just like how the fishing the toy out of the pool was a flash-forward to the final scene of that season, this will be the final scene of the series as we know it. Lots of stuff will happen in this year, and it will culminate with Walt buying that gun and getting ready to do SOMEthing. We will not know what or if he did though. That will be left up to the movie.

I agree. Just like how the fishing the toy out of the pool was a flash-forward to the final scene of that season, this will be the final scene of the series as we know it. Lots of stuff will happen in this year, and it will culminate with Walt buying that gun and getting ready to do SOMEthing. We will not know what or if he did though. That will be left up to the movie.
I can see 9 months or so passing off camera in between the 8 episodes. That would mean some closure at the end of these 8 which I would take over a cliff hanger any day.

Not sure if this was mentioned.

What's the symbol of the apple being bitten into? Gilligan makes a point of giving it it's own moment.

When the Salamanca cousin bit the apple, his brother axed the police officer in the back. And in the past episode, Walt takes a big bite out of the apple in his kitchen. Someone's dying soon? Am I reading too much into this?

I was somewhat surprised that Walt/Jesse didn't put the equipment back into the boxes for the Pest guys.. Seems they'd like to have the equipment remain somewhat of a secret - even though I"m sure the guys can guess.
I thought I recall seeing all the equipment packed up in the boxes as they were leaving.. I could be mistaken though.

Not sure if this was mentioned.What's the symbol of the apple being bitten into? Gilligan makes a point of giving it it's own moment.When the Salamanca cousin bit the apple, his brother axed the police officer in the back. And in the past episode, Walt takes a big bite out of the apple in his kitchen. Someone's dying soon? Am I reading too much into this?
Without reading much into it: It shows how callous Walt (like the brother earlier) has become to the horrible things he is doing, letting his wife suffer in depression or whatever while he has a snack.Giving it more symbolism: acceptance of sin?

IT was pretty dumb of Mike (and really all of them) to not discuss expenses before teaming up and cooking. Mike bullying them into the legacy payment was just not good.
is that a one time payment or does that come out of their cuts every time they cook?
I took it as every time.
Every time until they are made whole. And Walt is right. Him and Jesse have nothing to do with those guys. They are better off splitting off from Mike and going back to the 3 Amigos. 4 Amigos just doesn't make sense.
All those guys are in prison right now becasue Walt killed their boss exposing them. Walt is lucky Mike hasn't killed him yet. Isn't the laundry guy in jail? Walt has every reason to satisfy them. You got to pay to play. Mike should have set him straight along these lines.

IT was pretty dumb of Mike (and really all of them) to not discuss expenses before teaming up and cooking. Mike bullying them into the legacy payment was just not good.
is that a one time payment or does that come out of their cuts every time they cook?
I took it as every time.
Every time until they are made whole. And Walt is right. Him and Jesse have nothing to do with those guys. They are better off splitting off from Mike and going back to the 3 Amigos. 4 Amigos just doesn't make sense.
All those guys are in prison right now becasue Walt killed their boss exposing them. Walt is lucky Mike hasn't killed him yet. Isn't the laundry guy in jail? Walt has every reason to satisfy them. You got to pay to play. Mike should have set him straight along these lines.
Mike could have talked to him about it in advance instead of just taking $117,000 and saying "Legacy costs".

I took it as every time.
Mike could have talked to him about it in advance instead of just taking $117,000 and saying "Legacy costs".
All Mike had to say was that if they don't pay up the laundry manager would likely identify Walt and Jesse. He know's their faces, cars and likely a lot more. Walt is paying hush money to protect himself not just Mike. The guy is sitting in jail instead of flipping on the guy (Walt) who got him jammed up. Walt calling it blackmail is ridiculous. The conflict between Walt and Mike makes over legacy costs makes no sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
It may have been mentioned, but why are the dope head friends allowed to know where the operation is much less buy the crates for it.

And that scarface scene was lame

That said, love the show and can't wait for the inevitable mike/walt showdown. And I'm very excited for the return of heisenberg

I took it as every time.
We have no idea that any of them can ID Walt. Mike is the only guy in danger of these guys and should be the only one to se t it straight.

It may have been mentioned, but why are the dope head friends allowed to know where the operation is much less buy the crates for it.
Probably so they can lead someone to the headquarters eventually leaving us :wall: .Thought Mike was gonna chew Jesse out at that moment for that exact reason.

I took it as every time.
We have no idea that any of them can ID Walt. Mike is the only guy in danger of these guys and should be the only one to se t it straight.
Safe to assume the laundry manager could identify Walt and Jesse and their cars. With that info you could track down Walt and Jesse in a couple of hours. He would also know info leading to the chemists would be very valuable to deal.

Probably so they can lead someone to the headquarters eventually leaving us :wall: .Thought Mike was gonna chew Jesse out at that moment for that exact reason.
I thought Jesse got Badger and Skinny Pete to do it because he didn't want to attract any attention to himself.

I think the problem with the Vamonos Pest plan is that it's difficult to scale up their operation. Walt wants more $$, but their cook time is limited.
I don't think we'll see them go in another direction. The previous post talking about using houses by Gilligan as an angle of not having to show ramping up construction and operation of a new superlab made sense. I agree Walt is not happy about his cut, so I'm sure in the next episode we'll see new ways of Walt maximizing his profits, either by taking on distribution hismelf or finding a cheaper alternative, or finding other ways of maximizing their profits such as put a plan in place to start offing the legacy crew.
300k to transport the stuff.. what is mike thinking?and why is it mike and jesses problem to pay for mikes guys - hazard pay? that should be mikes problem he promised them

I just hope Landry hooks up with Skinny Pete and Badger and puts Crucifictorious back together.
:lmao:Plus that punky chick.
YES. Love that chick.Landry is a good actor and has been getting some work. Spotted him in Paul the other night.
Who is Landry?
A character on Friday Night Lights played by the guy who told Walt that he spotted and disabled a Bloomberg cam in the cook house.
Jesse Plemons

Anybody think the writers already had this "cooking in bug-infested houses" thing in mind when they shot the "killing a fly" episode a few seasons ago? Seems like it's too significant to be a coincidence.
Maybe, but it seems like they did try to make a connection when they showed that fly walking on the table in last night's episode.
I thought it was a cockroach last night.
was definately a cockroach

Anybody think the writers already had this "cooking in bug-infested houses" thing in mind when they shot the "killing a fly" episode a few seasons ago? Seems like it's too significant to be a coincidence.
Maybe, but it seems like they did try to make a connection when they showed that fly walking on the table in last night's episode.
I thought it was a cockroach last night.
was definately a cockroach
Maybe that was a tribute to The Cosby Show. :unsure:

And that scarface scene was lame
It was sorta hamfisted in execution, but I think the point of a father, his 16yo boy and infant child gleefully watching one of the most violent scenes in a very violent movie while happily munching away on popcorn was supposed to represent two things:1) Walt's desensitization to violence 2) He likely sees a bit of himself in Montoya.... that huge gun shootout could be a foreshadowing. Remember the opening scene of the season...the gun? Skyler walking in on that also tied into her difficulty in dealing with walt's break into a hyper-violent drug lord... It wasn't very well done... but it tied into the story in a lot of ways

Maybe that was a tribute to The Cosby Show. :unsure:
I thought the scene where Mike had the big piles of money and kept taking chunks away was a tribute to the Cosby Show when Theo said he wanted a "regular job" like a bus driver.

Skinny Pete was smoking on the keyboard.
Watching him react to what Badger was doing on the guitar after he was playing that was hilarious.
i cant stand badger.. duno if its the actor - the role or both
:lmao: Badger is my favorite bit part character on TV.
He's better here than on NCIS
The freewheeling idiot thing reminds me of Michael Rappaport as...well, just about everybody he's ever played.

I took it as every time.
They have no distribution. They have no protection. Mike knows the players and the game. I am sure Walt is thinking along the same lines as you, but that is a big mistake.The only way they can go it alone is with a drastically scaled down operation. As it stands they still have to distribute 50 lbs of meth from one cook, which is hard to do selling teenths.Even if they dont use Mike, they have to go out and find guys like Tuco with existing networks.
Yeah, I think Walt is far more expendable than Mike.Mikeke, of course, is also the source of methylmene.Though I'm sure Walt will probanly try to follow Mike to learn about Lydia (then propose to kill Mike and takeover the connection. Or just approach her after he kills Mike).

Jesse is showing to be more competent on the actual lab process, but I think he'd be in trouble if anything went wrong with the equipment,

Though maybe Mike has resources he could bring in.

I think the problem with the Vamonos Pest plan is that it's difficult to scale up their operation. Walt wants more $$, but their cook time is limited.
I don't think we'll see them go in another direction. The previous post talking about using houses by Gilligan as an angle of not having to show ramping up construction and operation of a new superlab made sense. I agree Walt is not happy about his cut, so I'm sure in the next episode we'll see new ways of Walt maximizing his profits, either by taking on distribution hismelf or finding a cheaper alternative, or finding other ways of maximizing their profits such as put a plan in place to start offing the legacy crew.
300k to transport the stuff.. what is mike thinking?and why is it mike and jesses problem to pay for mikes guys - hazard pay? that should be mikes problem he promised them
300K for your sales networkYou have to break it down and sell it a teenth at a time.Killing Gus and destroying the lab created a lot of collateral damage that needs reimbursement.

I took it as every time.
They have no distribution. They have no protection. Mike knows the players and the game. I am sure Walt is thinking along the same lines as you, but that is a big mistake.The only way they can go it alone is with a drastically scaled down operation. As it stands they still have to distribute 50 lbs of meth from one cook, which is hard to do selling teenths.Even if they dont use Mike, they have to go out and find guys like Tuco with existing networks.
Mike is also supplying the materials they need to cook with. He seems pretty critical to their operation to me. But, I'm sure Walt will start figuring out ways to get rid of him and take over eventually.

are we still worried about spoilers in here after confirming that the Marie stuff shown in last week's preview gave away absolutely nothing?

That said, love the show and can't wait for the inevitable mike/walt showdown. And I'm very excited for the return of heisenberg
What do you mean? Walt's gone, dude. This IS Heisenberg.
The return of the hat.
OMG! Spoiler!
I'm not sorry.
None needed. I was just joking.
I know. :hifive:

It's not Walt and Jesse's problem. But it IS their cost of doing business, a cost they all share financially. Unfortunately, for them, Mike is in charge of business. They don't have many options.

Wouldn't it be cheaper if Mike or Lydia just killed those hazard pay/legacy money guys? They're under surveillance by law enforcement anyway so they're no longer useful. May as well kill them and save the money.

Wouldn't it be cheaper if Mike or Lydia just killed those hazard pay/legacy money guys? They're under surveillance by law enforcement anyway so they're no longer useful. May as well kill them and save the money.
Easier said than done at this point.Would have to been done in a short period of time, or else one of them would start talking.

Lots of unnecessary risk and dmage to your rep as a big boss to go that route.It the kind of reckless thing Mike would avoid, but Lydia and Walt would jump head first into.

Mike is already under the microscope, any deaths and more heat is going to come down on him

'Uruk-Hai said:
Can someone refresh my memory on how Walt poisoned the kid?
My guess is that Saul's other guy (Burr) did it. Probably put it in some ice cream or candy or something. I think the kid end up id'ing him at some point and then Jesse starts to put it together.
That red headed freak is supposed to be on next week's episode...per his podcast this week

Lydia had a list of 11 guys, right? 2 are dead and a bunch in prison. No one would bat an eye if a couple criminals got shanked. Especially if Lydia's putting the hit on them.

I think Brock and Andrea will somehow end up dead.

Users who are viewing this thread