What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (7 Viewers)

Loved how Walt is telling Jesse there will not be anymore killing now that they are in control and 5 minutes later he is killing Mike.
Agreed. Jesse isn't buying his lines anymore. Can't wait for the half season finale Sunday. Should set up some great stuff for the final epsisodes.
Jesse has gotta do something. He's been stewing the entire season.
Loving the idea more and more of Jesse and Skyler hooking up.Walt Jr: "Mom, who's this guy?"

Jesse: "I'm dating your mom, yo."

Walt Jr: :mellow:
"You mean, like, I have to call this guy 'Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad' now?"
"Dude, isn't your mom's eggs, like, the bomb, yo?"

Loved how Walt is telling Jesse there will not be anymore killing now that they are in control and 5 minutes later he is killing Mike.
Agreed. Jesse isn't buying his lines anymore. Can't wait for the half season finale Sunday. Should set up some great stuff for the final epsisodes.
Jesse has gotta do something. He's been stewing the entire season.
Loving the idea more and more of Jesse and Skyler hooking up.Walt Jr: "Mom, who's this guy?"

Jesse: "I'm dating your mom, yo."

Walt Jr: :mellow:
"You mean, like, I have to call this guy 'Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad' now?"
"Dude, isn't your mom's eggs, like, the bomb, yo?"
Just wait til she gives Jesse the birthday bacon treatment.

Just watched it. Holy crap.

Oh and The Monkees on Breaking Bad? I just had the biggest geekasm in the history of geekasms.

Am I the only one that noticed the camera angle in Hank's office right after Walt got the bugs back? It was a fish eye kind of view from the corner of his office up in the air. Looked like a view from a surveillance camera?

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one that noticed the camera angle in Hank's office right after Walt got the bugs back? It was a fish eye kind of view from the corner of his office up in the air. Looked like a view from a surveillance camera?
I noticed it. Not sure if it ends up being that, or Gilligan is keeping things interesting.

I noticed it. Not sure if it ends up being that, or Gilligan is keeping things interesting.
I watched the episode again and it sure looks like the same angle you'd get from a camera in a ceiling corner

I watched the episode again and it sure looks like the same angle you'd get from a camera in a ceiling corner
I don't know how the DEA works, but in a lot of places that have cameras, nobody reviews all the footage. If something happens, like if some item goes missing and you want to find out what happened to it, somebody can go back and look at the footage. But if there's no reason in particular to review it, it will go unreviewed.

I'd be kind of bummed if the show kept going(1), always better to get out a little too early than a little too late.

(1) I wouldn't put it past Gilligan to float the idea of a sixth season as a red herring, and have Walt die at the end.

I wouldn't put it past Gilligan to float the idea of a sixth season as a red herring, and have Walt die at the end.
How about if Walt, Skyler and Flynn are eating onion rings in a diner. Journey is playing in the background. Bogdan strolls in wearing a Members Only jacket.

That's all I got so far.

So next episode, do we have a Walt/Hank revelation?
Seems a bit early to pull the curtain back on that one, but it would certainly leave us hanging during the break.
I don't think it would be too early. Only nine episodes left for everything to come crashing down. Could easily do that many episodes post-Hank finding out the truth.
I think in this next episode, Hank finally starts to suspect that Walt is Heisenberg and that the final 8 are Hank closing in on Walt.And Jesse boning Skyler

Jesse will seek revenge on Walt by offering to cook for the Phoenix distributors if they kill Walt. Not sure how that plays with Walt trying to off Mike's guys in lock up.

Jesse and Hank still have unfinished business. That will play out in the last 8 episodes. I can see Walt trying to protect Jesse and falling on the sword in place of Jesse. This ends with Walt going to prison, getting killed, or something happening to Hank. Jesse gets away clean.

Not surprised Walt killed MIke. I am surprised he had that regret - I mean, Mike WAS going to kill him, without question, if Jesse hadn't offed the other meth cook. Not like they are BFF's or anything.

I don't know how the DEA works, but in a lot of places that have cameras, nobody reviews all the footage. If something happens, like if some item goes missing and you want to find out what happened to it, somebody can go back and look at the footage. But if there's no reason in particular to review it, it will go unreviewed.
That and it seems too unbelieavable that Walt would have missed it.

Seems a bit early to pull the curtain back on that one, but it would certainly leave us hanging during the break.
I don't think it would be too early. Only nine episodes left for everything to come crashing down. Could easily do that many episodes post-Hank finding out the truth.
I think in this next episode, Hank finally starts to suspect that Walt is Heisenberg and that the final 8 are Hank closing in on Walt.And Jesse boning Skyler
Yo Mrs White YoOoOoOoOyOoOoOoooOoOoO oHHHHHHhHhHh

Didn't get a good look...what was Hank looking at in the photos in the conference room? He was distracted by it right before the meeting ended and he was called out by his boss when he was alone. And right after that is when he decided to tail the other lawyer. Wondering what the connection was there, or if the photos suggested something else.

Hank can't get over the fact he was so wrong about Mike, searching his place and Mike didn't have a care, like he was one step ahead of him, then Hank thinks back at when Gomez said the lawyer was flipping and giving up Mike, realizes Walt was there, reviews the footage from this surveillence camera we seem to think exists...#fireworksNot sure if next week is too early for a reveal like that tho :shrug:

Didn't get a good look...what was Hank looking at in the photos in the conference room?
An array of photos from the surveillance on Mike.
Yeah but it looked like he noticed something specific in the photos
Pic 1 - Getting into his car.Pic 2 - On the park bench, presumably with his granddaughter nearby.Pic 3 - In a coffee shop.I saw nothing noteworthy, but I agree that Hank seemed to be putting something together.

'Apple Jack said:
'Good said:
'Maurile Tremblay said:
'Jojo the circus boy said:
1000 gallons @70% yield = 70% total product x 100% take = profits on 70% product vs. 1000 gallons @99% yield = 99% total product x 35% take = profits on 34.65% product (so just from those 1000 gallons they make half as much money)
I don't understand why greater purity = greater yield. It should be the opposite. The less pure it is, the more filler there is. It's an inferior product, but they should end up with more of it.That's not to say they can't make more money selling the pure stuff. They can definitely charge a higher price for it.In any case, your comparison above isn't apples-to-apples. Without Heisenberg, they have to pay their own cooks and acquire their own raw materials. With Heisenberg, they're getting a 35% cut on the yield from 1,000 gallons of methylamine that they don't have to acquire elsewhere. (They do have to pay Mike $5 million for his 333 gallons, but they're getting a cut of the other 667 gallons, apparently worth $10 million as methylamine but worth hundreds of millions when converted to Heisenberg's meth, without having to pay for it.)
What they put on the street is inevitably cut with something else by dealers, at least a couple of times, to increase their own profits. The more pure it is, the more times you can cut it (without sacrificing as much quality), and the more you have on the street. And thus the more Heisenberg (or whomever) can charge for it.I imagine the market for "high-end" methamphetamine is rather small.
People step on meth? How do you do that?
Further research from completely unreliable internet sources says that you can mix up crushed meth with MSM, put it in water, and then heat it in the microwave, and it re-crystallizes. YWIA.

Didn't get a good look...what was Hank looking at in the photos in the conference room?
I think it was just to show that Hank was obsessing over the case to the point that it was a detriment to his actual job. His supervisor noticed and tried to dial him back into reality. Hank decided to go full-Ahab instead, and do the crazy hail-mary stunt of following the lawyer instead (a move that contradicted the spirit, if not the letter, of his supervisor's demand; and also a move of dubious legality).

This thread has become nothing but semantics....you :nerd: constantly complain about non issues like a search warrant or feds going to a bank vault. Focus on the big picture here and discuss the story, not what would happen in real life. This isn't f'in real life. It's a tv show. Endless posts about 96% purity, whether or not to call some supporting actor Landry, or what a spoiler is are pointless.
:goodposting: This thread has really gone downhill. I really hate that every discussion about anything anymore has to be people calling attention to themselves for nitpicking others.

This thread has become nothing but semantics....you :nerd: constantly complain about non issues like a search warrant or feds going to a bank vault. Focus on the big picture here and discuss the story, not what would happen in real life. This isn't f'in real life. It's a tv show. Endless posts about 96% purity, whether or not to call some supporting actor Landry, or what a spoiler is are pointless.
:goodposting: This thread has really gone downhill. I really hate that every discussion about anything anymore has to be people calling attention to themselves for nitpicking others.
99.1%.

How many times this season have we heard this may be the best episode of the entire run? I'm not seeing it. Don't get me wrong still a terrific season but a notch below any of the other seasons IMO.
I agree. It's been a solid season, still better than anything else on TV right now, but it's definitely not the best season of the show's run yet. It might be with the second 8 episodes but I think that should be considered the 6th season. It's one thing to take a month or two off but to come back a year later and consider it part of the previous season is stupid, imo.This season has been a bit all over the place. Previous ones had a clear focus moving forward. Probably intentional this season to show how everything is falling apart but it takes away from the show for me. VamonosI wishI was curious to find out what movie Mike was watching during the DEA search and found this:
the film Mike is watching is "The Big Heat," 1953 Fritz Lang film about a cop who takes on a crime syndicate in his city after his wife is murdered. The scene involved the follow-up to an officer's apparent death by suicide--but the investigator is subsequently contacted by the dead officer's wife, who explains it was not a suicide. Hank mimics suicide with an imaginary gun to the head in exasperation with Walter's crying scene in his office
Interesting.Looking back at the corner camera in Hank's office, it doesn't look like a surveillance camera since there was movement like they tend to use on regular camera shots. I'd imagine if Gilligan was trying to imply it was a surveillance camera, it would have been a locked shot.Great acting by Mike in the park knowing it's probably the last time he'd see his granddaughter."How could Mike use that clown of a lawyer" :lmao: Especially right after showing the blowup Statue of Liberty on his roof.

Pic 1 - Getting into his car.Pic 2 - On the park bench, presumably with his granddaughter nearby.Pic 3 - In a coffee shop.I saw nothing noteworthy, but I agree that Hank seemed to be putting something together.
I was under the impression that what he put together was that someone else might be getting the money to the families of his guys. Like his documented activities were so benign that he must have an accomplice not under surveillance doing that errand.

What is the rationale for splitting the "final season" into two separate 8 episode runs anyway? Budget? It's really two separate seasons, so why not shoot two full seasons instead of 2 half-assed ones?

"Mr. Show with Saul and Me" was a great show. Underrated.

What is the rationale for splitting the "final season" into two separate 8 episode runs anyway? Budget? It's really two separate seasons, so why not shoot two full seasons instead of 2 half-assed ones?
Because the powers that be decided not to do it that way.These 7 episodes have been awesome, by current cable TV standards IMO.

Contractual. Everyone was only under contract for one more season. So rather than negotiate the 6th season (and have to give everyone raises), AMC spilt up the final "season" into two parts. Same thing they did on Sopranos in the last season.

Contractual. Everyone was only under contract for one more season. So rather than negotiate the 6th season (and have to give everyone raises), AMC spilt up the final "season" into two parts. Same thing they did on Sopranos in the last season.
Got ya. I guess season is defined by number of episodes.

Looking back at the corner camera in Hank's office, it doesn't look like a surveillance camera since there was movement like they tend to use on regular camera shots. I'd imagine if Gilligan was trying to imply it was a surveillance camera, it would have been a locked shot.
Surveillance cameras can move (rotate) - although it would be much more noticeable to Walt you would assume.

99.1%.
I was referring to Season 3, b....

I wish AMC gave these guys more budget. It's amazing what this team does on so little :moneybag:

Looking back at the corner camera in Hank's office, it doesn't look like a surveillance camera since there was movement like they tend to use on regular camera shots. I'd imagine if Gilligan was trying to imply it was a surveillance camera, it would have been a locked shot.
Surveillance cameras can move (rotate) - although it would be much more noticeable to Walt you would assume.
It was that typical camera shake that they always use nowadays. Not like a moving surveillance cam.

Badger is going to be on the Dwight Schrute spinoff.
nice...is that the show about his beat farm/B&B?
Yes. I think they're having a "backdoor pilot" on the Office next year. Badger plays his cousin. The guy who plays Dennis and Dee's grandfather on It's Always Sunny... and turns out to be a nazi, plays Dwight's mysterious uncle......who is also a Nazi.

This is kind of funny: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g52842-d730099-Reviews-Schrute_Farms-Honesdale_Pocono_Mountains_Region_Pennsylvania.html

Q&A Blog with Jonathan Banks about the last episode Him and Bryan Cranston are hilarious together
Nice. Here is Seppy's interview with him, per Tanner's request.
Jonathan Banks has had a long, varied career, but he's never had a better role. He's done drama. He's done comedy. He's played good guys (most notably as FBI Agent Frank McPike on "Wiseguy") and heavies. But he's never had a role as nuanced, as memorable, as his gig on "Breaking Bad" as cop-turned-fixer Mike Ehrmantraut.

It's a job that Banks says was "as good as it gets" for his 45-year career, and it's one that came to an end with Sunday's episode. The DEA finally got the dirt on Mike — and for the second time this season, got their hands on money he had intended for his granddaughter Kaylee — and Mike, on the run, asked Walter White to bring him his go bag, only to be shot to death by the gun in that bag.

I spoke with a cheerful, philosophical Banks about the start and end of this role of a lifetime, what motivated Mike, and more.

Hi Jonathan, how are you?

Jonathan Banks: (pleasantly) I'm old and bitter. And yourself?

Are you bitter about losing the job?

Jonathan Banks: (laughs) I'm bitter. There's a whole smorgasbord of things to be bitter about. Actually, there's a beautiful California sun coming up in front of me, so I really have nothing to be bitter about.

How did you react to Vince telling you that Mike was going to go?

Jonathan Banks: "Mother####er? What are you out of your ####### mind?" No. I kinda knew I was going to die. I just kept thinking I was going to die at some point. I would say it to my wife. it didn't come as a big surprise. Vince gave me the courtesy of telling me nine months in advance.

Knowing that, did it affect your performance at all?

Jonathan Banks: I don't see how it could help but not. You go in. You try to concentrate on the work, but at the same time, there's a certain morose wistfulness about the whole thing. I just loved Mike. I loved playing Mike. He was just a great, great character. Vince gave me such a gift. I keep using that word, but I really do feel that way. When you get a character like that, and you get to bring whatever years and ability that I have to fill it out, it was just a wonderful experience

There was a point in the previous season where Mike was coughing a lot, and usually there's no such thing as an accidental cough in TV, which led some people to speculate that Walt wasn't the only character with cancer.

Jonathan Banks: I don't remember why I was doing that. I may very well have had a cold. There was no intention, no talk of me ever being sick.

Vince has talked about how Gus's role only expanded because they had to get rid of the Cousins earlier than planned, so I have to assume that Mike also grew much more prominent than you knew when you took the job. What did you know at the time you got it? What were your expectations?

Jonathan Banks: As I understand it, Bob Odenkirk had a conflict. He was supposed to be the one who was going to clean up the girlfriend's death, and he had a conflict, so they had to bring in someone else — a cleaner. And they liked what I did. I went in there, I'd never seen the show, and I thought, "I'll go in here, I'll guest star and I'll be gone." It didn't turn out that way.

So when did you realize how special this character was becoming?

Jonathan Banks: Not until the half-measures speech at the end of the third season. I really got to do something. Until then, I was fiddling around with gadgets, and dealing with stuff. And all of a sudden, I thought, "That was pretty cool."

What did you like about Mike?

Jonathan Banks: I love Mike's code, and beneath that, I think, and I brought to this, that Mike had lost his soul a long time ago, and he knows it. I tried to never dumb Mike down. And Mike will never forgive himself for the things he had done or the things that he does. The death in the end, that was maybe the easiest part of his later life — the death was the peace. It was finally peace. The only touch he had anymore with normalcy was his granddaughter, who he loved. And I've always said, you've never seen it on the screen, but — when we were shooting the episode where I go to the warehouse and shoot it out with those guys — I said to Vince in the scene where I drop off my granddaughter, and there's a woman at the edge of the frame who's waiting for us, "That may be her mother, but that's not my daughter." Part of my actor's thing, part of Mike's sadness and tragedy, is that something has gone wrong with his son somewhere sometime.

When Hank and Gomez interrogate Mike this season, they allude to some terrible event that ended his police career. Do you have any thoughts on what that might have been?

Jonathan Banks: I kind of have a grab bag of stuff. I'm not really ready to say it at this point, because I still haven't decided, quite honestly.

You said before that death brought Mike peace? Do you think he was looking to die when he agreed to let Walt bring him the bag? Or was it entirely that he wanted to keep Jesse safe?

Jonathan Banks: I think Mike was trying to keep Jesse safe. I think he definitely sees good in Jesse and wants to protect him. As far as Mike letting his guard down so often this season, it's when I don't shoot Lydia in the head — if anybody had seen the half-measure speech, they're screaming at the television, "It's a half-measure, Mike! It's a half-measure." I will say again, the writers have given me this wonderful character, but whatever loopholes I might see in it, I am at the mercy of the pen. I am at the mercy of what they write.

So in your mind, do you think Mike would have let Walt bring him the bag?

Jonathan Banks: I think he would have allowed Walter to bring him the bag, but he would have made damn sure he was armed when they had any kind of conversation.

What was the atmosphere on the set like the day of your death scene?

Jonathan Banks: The crew all wore black armbands. There were a lot of tears. I loved my crew. I've done this professionally for 45 years, and this was as good as it gets. The actors loved the crew, the crew loved the actors, the producers, the writers — we were all in it together. Even the publicity people at AMC — I don't know if Olivia (Dupuis, the AMC publicist who had connected our call) is still listening at this point — but how good they were to me, and to us. Without sounding totally maudlin and sappy, it was just a hell of an experience, and a wonderful time.

Users who are viewing this thread