What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (6 Viewers)

Will we ever know what "personal reasons" caused Walt to take a $5000 buyout in a 2billion $ company he cofounded? That is the key to walts character flaw.

I was confused when Mike was telling Walt that they had a good thing going with the chicken guy. Didn't that guy try to kill Walt so he wouldn't have to pay 2 cooks, or did Walt bring that on himself too?

I was confused when Mike was telling Walt that they had a good thing going with the chicken guy. Didn't that guy try to kill Walt so he wouldn't have to pay 2 cooks, or did Walt bring that on himself too?
Yea, but I think that was brought on by the thought that Walt wouldn't work without Jesse whom Gus wanted no part of...along with Walt eventually passing from Cancer being a concern i think

Will we ever know what "personal reasons" caused Walt to take a $5000 buyout in a 2billion $ company he cofounded? That is the key to walts character flaw.
Its been alluded to a lot, a love triangle.
Either a triangle or Walt cheated on Gretchen with Sky maybe, knocked her up perhaps. So Walt has disdain for her ###.
I thought the implication was that Walt was with Gretchen and that he was the one responsible for screwing it up.

Either a triangle or Walt cheated on Gretchen with Sky maybe, knocked her up perhaps. So Walt has disdain for her ###.
I thought the implication was that Walt was with Gretchen and that he was the one responsible for screwing it up.
Screwing it up by screwing Sky perhaps.

Screwing it up by screwing Sky perhaps.
Skyy gets me in trouble every time.

'Good said:
Yes. The cold open is Walter barreling through the desert in the RV, Jesse passed out in the front seat with the gas-mask on, 8-Ball and his cousin out cold in the back. He hears sirens coming, pulls over and makes a confession. Turns out to be just fire trucks who whiz by him.
SPOILER TAGS ### ####IT!!!!

Walt was with Gretchen when he was with Gray Matter. He left Gretchen and left Gray Matter; we don't know exactly why. Gray Matter then made boatloads using the research that Walt had done while he was there.

It was in the ATM episode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Walt was with Gretchen when he was with Gray Matter. He left Gretchen and left Gray Matter; we don't know exactly why. Gray Matter then made boatloads using the research that Walt had done while he was there.It was in the ATM episode.
Right. Was the Walt/Sky house-hunting flashback in that episode as well? I guess we just do not know the timeline. I'm not sure we will ever get the full story there. We just know that Walt still obsesses over Grey Matter.

Walt was with Gretchen when he was with Gray Matter. He left Gretchen and left Gray Matter; we don't know exactly why. Gray Matter then made boatloads using the research that Walt had done while he was there.It was in the ATM episode.
It also looked like he was with Skyler while still at Grey Matter, from the house buying scene.Something doesn't make sense about all this. With only 9 episodes left, I imagine this issue will never be discussed again.

Walt was with Gretchen when he was with Gray Matter. He left Gretchen and left Gray Matter; we don't know exactly why. Gray Matter then made boatloads using the research that Walt had done while he was there.

It also looked like he was with Skyler while still at Grey Matter, from the house buying scene.
He met Skyler after he left Gray Matter. He was working at the Los Alamos National Laboratory at the time, and she worked as a hostess in a nearby restaurant. (Pieced together from the BB wiki.)

I always assumed the Gretchen cheated on Walt with the other guy
The story is apparently that Walt left Gretchen suddenly during a vacation with Gretchen's family. She ended up with Elliot eventually, but I don't think the show implied that she cheated on Walt. (Again from the wiki.) At the restaurant in the ATM episode, Gretchen says something like "You were the one who left me, not the other way around." That would be a weird thing to say if the reason he left was that she cheated on him.

The story is apparently that Walt left Gretchen suddenly during a vacation with Gretchen's family. She ended up with Elliot eventually, but I don't think the show implied that she cheated on Walt. (Again from the wiki.) At the restaurant in the ATM episode, Gretchen says something like "You were the one who left me, not the other way around." That would be a weird thing to say if the reason he left was that she cheated on him.
True. sometimes I just gloss over details that don't fit my frame!

I initially thought the same but if Walt's character the past few seasons tells us anything it's that his pride and hubris will inevitably f him over. Maybe, she just kissed Elliot on a drunken night or did nothing at all and Walt just suspected something. Very similar to when Walt got his panties in a bunch much like when Mike wouldn't thank him or when he just shook Jesse's hand.

Seems a little racy for AMC...
:lmao: I missed that episode. Will have to check redtube for that scene.
I have it.
:lmao:
:lmao: :lmao:

I just read that Cranston has signed on for a few episodes of "30 Rock".

He's going to play the boyfriend of Kenneth's Mom (who is played by the Mom from "Home Alone").

It also looked like he was with Skyler while still at Grey Matter, from the house buying scene.
He met Skyler after he left Gray Matter. He was working at the Los Alamos National Laboratory at the time, and she worked as a hostess in a nearby restaurant. (Pieced together from the BB wiki.)
Oh, forgot about that.I do remember that it seemed like Walt was expecting his income to dramatically increase in the house-hunting scene.

Maybe he had some promising research in the works at his new lab.

How he got from there to teaching and working at a car wash seems like the more interesting story than Gray Matter at this point. (Or maybe we know I've forgotten that too).

Even if it wasn't the financial windfall Grey Matter would've been, certainly he was making more money than teaching.

I assume we won't know and the reason he went into teaching was because "High School Teacher turned Meth cook" is a better elevator pitch that "Lab Chemist turned Meth cook" (and he wouldn't have met Jesse).

Users who are viewing this thread