What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (5 Viewers)

He killed a number of other people and I'm not seeing traits he takes over. Even if he did, which is an admittedly cool concept, I think it's a stretch to say that arranging breakfast and a name on an Id are further manifestations of this.

That said, I'm still of the mind that wrapping things up in 8 episodes is nearly impossible.

He killed a number of other people and I'm not seeing traits he takes over. Even if he did, which is an admittedly cool concept, I think it's a stretch to say that arranging breakfast and a name on an Id are further manifestations of this.

That said, I'm still of the mind that wrapping things up in 8 episodes is nearly impossible.
He started using kids after killing those two cartel members for Jessie.

I also think the theory assumes too much, but only because I think we already know that it's significant that Hank makes his own bacon 52. At the beginning of the series, Skyler makes the number happily. At 51, Walt Jr. has to pester Skyler to do it. And in our flash forward, Hank, presumably isolated from his family in some way and alone, must do it himself. That's his character arc.

That might mean Walt kills Skyler. Or it might not. Maybe he's otherwise responsible for her death. Or just for losing her. But I'm pretty confident that Walt's lost his family by the end. I'll be shocked if hasn't.

With that said, the pages reference to ANOTHER theory is intriguing, specifically:

The theory that Walt is wearing a wire in episode 5.1

Sarnoff said:
Leeroy Jenkins said:
prosopis said:
Officer Pete Malloy said:
Leeroy Jenkins said:
So how did they know the tanker would stop on the bridge? The intersection was where it was. It's not like they could have stopped it any closer or further away even if they wanted to.
Science, b itch.
and a tape measure b itch!!
My point is if Lydia told them the it was any car other than the 3-4 that were in the vicinity of the bridge, they were ####ed.

Really odd that some episodes are edited for language on Netflix, but others aren't.
Lydia was also able to make sure it was the Nth car in the train when it was put together. "That's what she does"
Are you sure? I thought she could just tell them which car it was, not that she determined the order of the cars. I guess that would make more sense than a magical coincidence though.

It seems odd that they'd let someone from Madrigal determine the railcar order, when someone in the warehouse just got busted for moving methylmene (something he'd have to have the help from higher up the chain to accomplish) and the DEA was trying to track barrels.

I also think the theory assumes too much, but only because I think we already know that it's significant that Hank makes his own bacon 52. At the beginning of the series, Skyler makes the number happily. At 51, Walt Jr. has to pester Skyler to do it. And in our flash forward, Hank, presumably isolated from his family in some way and alone, must do it himself. That's his character arc.

That might mean Walt kills Skyler. Or it might not. Maybe he's otherwise responsible for her death. Or just for losing her. But I'm pretty confident that Walt's lost his family by the end. I'll be shocked if hasn't.

With that said, the pages reference to ANOTHER theory is intriguing, specifically:

The theory that Walt is wearing a wire in episode 5.1
When/why?

Sarnoff said:
Leeroy Jenkins said:
prosopis said:
Officer Pete Malloy said:
Leeroy Jenkins said:
So how did they know the tanker would stop on the bridge? The intersection was where it was. It's not like they could have stopped it any closer or further away even if they wanted to.
Science, b itch.
and a tape measure b itch!!
My point is if Lydia told them the it was any car other than the 3-4 that were in the vicinity of the bridge, they were ####ed.

Really odd that some episodes are edited for language on Netflix, but others aren't.
Lydia was also able to make sure it was the Nth car in the train when it was put together. "That's what she does"
Are you sure? I thought she could just tell them which car it was, not that she determined the order of the cars. I guess that would make more sense than a magical coincidence though.

It seems odd that they'd let someone from Madrigal determine the railcar order, when someone in the warehouse just got busted for moving methylmene (something he'd have to have the help from higher up the chain to accomplish) and the DEA was trying to track barrels.
This should clear it up

I've always thought the wire theory was interesting as it would be the "cowards way out" type of thing and bring it full circle. But once again, only 8 episodes to build that out seems short. Plus, Walt is the big fish now - there is no one bigger that he can trade up to with the Dea.

Just watched "Box Cutter" again (I'm rewatching he entire series before the new ones)...man, what an episode.

I respect the fact that they're ending the series on top, but dammit that just sucks. IMO, this is the greatest show in the history of television.

Always leave em wanting more. :angry:

Ok now that im all caught up, i had no clue this series was about a man in a tough situation that became pure evil. I always assumed he was some sort of anti-hero, a guy who cooked meth but didnt hurt innocent people. I guess he kind of started like that but wow amazing stuff

Ok now that im all caught up, i had no clue this series was about a man in a tough situation that became pure evil. I always assumed he was some sort of anti-hero, a guy who cooked meth but didnt hurt innocent people. I guess he kind of started like that but wow amazing stuff
That's what makes it so good and why most people think he's going to die - its the only remotely acceptable way for the story to conclude. He started as a normal guy and ended up as an evil person that destroys everyone and everything around him. Eventually that ruin has to manifest on him.

:lmao: at Flynn driving around in a PT Cruiser.
Thhhanks....mom...it's grreat...really.
Straight to hell, mister. That's where you're going!
"The actor who portrays Walter Jr. in the series (RJ Mitte), actually has cerebral palsy like his character on the show. However, his real life affliction is much milder than his character's, and he had to learn to walk with crutches and slow down his speech to play the part."

So technically he's the one that is making fun of handicapped people. That's my side of it anyway.

Jesus, I have no life.

Code:
Who posted in: Breaking Bad on AMCMember name - PostsRaider Nation 707Major 330identikit 278Abraham 248Walton Goggins 209Leeroy Jenkins 202PlasmaDogPlasma 180

When Saul is freaked that Walt brought Mike to his office, "He said he was gonna break my legs."

Wally's reply: "Saul, he's threatened me. He's threatened Jesse. He probably threatened someone before breakfast this morning. It's what he does."

:lol:

So why didn't Ted just calmly hand over the check and then stop payment on it?

Edit: Nevermind. I posted that before the part about them staying with him until the check clears.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll bet Odenkirk and Cranston busted out laughing for the first nine takes when Walt looks him in the face and says "Gus is gonna murder my whole family!"

Latino television has more bad## Narco telenovelas than AMC could shake a stick at. Why do I say that? Because Skyler would be dead by E.26, and you wouldn't have to suffer through a Walking Dead marathon to earn 6 last episodes.

That's what makes it so good and why most people think he's going to die - its the only remotely acceptable way for the story to conclude. He started as a normal guy and ended up as an evil person that destroys everyone and everything around him. Eventually that ruin has to manifest on him.
Disagree, my friend. I used to think this way, but now I think Walt was always ####ed up and this whole story is about him becoming who he always repressed.

My evidence? Almost nil. But that business he left before it got big is sticking out like a sore thumb.

I think he became "a normal guy" by forces out of his control (basically, he didn't have the gonads). Having cancer (there's a kinda sick freedom that comes with that), cooking meth, and killing people have let the real Walt come out.

Users who are viewing this thread