What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (5 Viewers)

I still don't find the scenes overly interesting where Jesse is mopey and such. I get that it is key to his character, but they just aren't that interesting to watch, IMO. I wasn't overly crazy about most of the scenes he was in tonight, the one with Walt definitely being the exception. Jesse is simply way more interesting when he is going full speed and running his mouth, as opposed to being detached and mopey.
I agree. I get mopey Jesse, but I am not entertained by mopey Jesse. MAGNETS #####! Jesse is way more entertaining. And, of course, Star Trek pie-based fan fiction.

"If that's true... if you don't know who I am... then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly."

Really wish we could have heard Hank's reply to that. You know he wouldn't just leave that one hanging there.

Great episode. One question: Jesse Plemons (Todd) was mentioned in the opening credits, but I don't remember seeing him. Was he in a scene I missed somehow?

Great episode. One question: Jesse Plemons (Todd) was mentioned in the opening credits, but I don't remember seeing him. Was he in a scene I missed somehow?
He didn't appear in this episode. He's in the opening credits because he'll be a regular the second (current) half of this season.

He didn't appear in this episode. He's in the opening credits because he'll be a regular the second (current) half of this season.
OK, thx. Strange though- usually when names are mentioned in the opening they appear in that episode.

This reminds me that I really liked Vince's line in Talking Bad about "Season 5a (as the lawyers and I call it)"

OK, thx. Strange though- usually when names are mentioned in the opening they appear in that episode.
Not really. Those names are regular cast names whether they appear in the specific episode or not.

I waited until midnight to watch it because a) I had to download it, and 2) because I was finishing up episodes 7 & 8 for the third time.

The delaying gratification was like tantric sex.

OMFG what a great episode. :)

"If that's true... if you don't know who I am... then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly."

Really wish we could have heard Hank's reply to that. You know he wouldn't just leave that one hanging there.
True. But I wouldn't have expected Hank to react the way he did when his suspicions about Walt were aroused by the book. Hank was borderline paniced and crashed the car on the way home.Great line by Walt, btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved Hank's overall reaction. So many shows would spin it to where Hank played nice and acted normal around Walt, while investigating further, but Hank's reaction was of such shock and anger that he couldn't hide it, immediately after, or in the garage before Walt even brought up the GPS thing. Very realistic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn that episode was some ####.

Since they went this far with the Hank vs. Walt thing in the first episode, I'm feeling the theory I had a few pages back might happen. Something has to change in he dynamic between them to get through 7 more eps.

I waited until midnight to watch it because a) I had to download it, and 2) because I was finishing up episodes 7 & 8 for the third time.

Watching with commercials is for rubes. Can't imagine taking a four minute break to see a bunch of car commercials.

Landry was in this episode. :confused:

Watching with commercials is for rubes. Can't imagine taking a four minute break to see a bunch of car commercials.

Landry was in this episode. :confused:
Note that both Laura Fraser (Lydia) and Jesse Plemons (Todd) are now cast regulars for this final batch of eight, even though Plemons doesn't appear here. Are we to assume that it's Todd who's the operation's main chemist with Walt gone? Or is an actual chemist producing results that impure? (And, as usual, we should probably eschew questions of whether tweakers actually care how pure their product is.)

I still don't find the scenes overly interesting where Jesse is mopey and such. I get that it is key to his character, but they just aren't that interesting to watch, IMO. I wasn't overly crazy about most of the scenes he was in tonight, the one with Walt definitely being the exception. Jesse is simply way more interesting when he is going full speed and running his mouth, as opposed to being detached and mopey.
I agree. I get mopey Jesse, but I am not entertained by mopey Jesse. MAGNETS #####! Jesse is way more entertaining. And, of course, Star Trek pie-based fan fiction.
I get Jesse being shattered but we already did this storyline a few seasons back yet Jesse stayed in the game. The Star Trek bit went on way too long. Minor quibbles in solid episode with two great moments.

Hank v Walt in the garage was awesome but so was Hank's reaction coming out of the bathroom and subsequent ride home. Tense. Was griping with him.

Wonder if Jesse will get abducted by Landry's crew, to cook, and Walt has to come rescue him. Going to be Walt vs. Landry's crew in the end.

True. But I wouldn't have expected Hank to react the way he did when his suspicions about Walt were aroused by the book. Hank was borderline paniced and crashed the car on the way home.Great line by Walt, btw.
Hank has had panic attacks in the past. No reason to think that one would be out of line here.

Hank has had panic attacks in the past. No reason to think that one would be out of line here.
Made perfect sense.

Made perfect sense.
Yes

The score tonight seemed especially good. I've no doubt this show is going to be amazing, hope it kills in the ratings too, for the sake of everyone involved in it. I'm sure it will.

Pretty sure Landry didn't go from a B&E/muscle-type to acquiring an advanced knowledge of chemistry over the course of a couple months.

Julie Bowen needs to shut up. This would be a much better show if it was just Hardwick/Gilligan with questions from the Internet without Bowen or callers.
Holy CRAP, is she annoying. Hardwick wants to knock her out and I can't blame him. She never shuts up and keeps interrupting.

I think that money tossing is going to lead to something as well. If not fingerprints, he could be caught on a camera.
I'm sure all those people in the ghetto/barrio that find random stacks of money on their lawns are going to report it to the police right away.
I was really thinking more in terms of a news story about the guy throwing money everywhere that would catch the attention of Hank or someone in his office.

Yeah, that was awesome.

Incredible scene with Hank and Walt, but what about the opening? One, why did he come back for the ricin? And two, is this more proof that Walt won't die at the end of the series?
Obviously came back for the ricin bc he needs to kill someone (or more than 1) without being detected. At this point, could be skylar, hank, Jessie, Saul or Lydia.
Well, sure, but where is he actually living at that point in time? Is it worth driving all the way to the old house just to get the ricin? And why was their house closed off the way it was? So many questions. Can't wait to see what the answers are!!
If seized by the government they can't sell it until the case has been closed, right?
That is a strong possibility, yes.

I think Walt may end up using the Ricin on himself.
Eh, if he was gonna off himself, I doubt he'd go to such extreme measures to do it. He already has weaponry, so he could just put one in his head and end it quickly, instead of going through the trouble of getting the ricin, taking it and then suffering what would likely be a painful death.
Unless he wanted it to look like the cancer, so his son wouldn't think he took the easy way out. :tinfoilhat:

No. Actors listed in a Main Title sequence (same every episode in a season, the part with the theme song, etc) are Series Regulars. They are part of the series cast. They are guaranteed to appear in the opening titles as they are "pay or play", that is, they are paid their fee even if they don't appear in the episode.

Actors listed in the Episodic Credits, the typed out names that appear superimposed over live action, after the Main Title sequence, in Act I, are episodic actors. They are booked per episode and paid per episode and only get their names listed if they appear in the episode (an actor cast in a deleted scene will not show up in the Act I episode credits).

"Who goes to a car wash with a rental car?" :lmao:

Stupid f#####g Lydia. Always with the over the top cloak-and-dagger stuff and getting it wrong. Skyler nailed her in three seconds.

Who was the fat kid whose picture was in one of the folders Hank looked through?
Probably Combo
Didn't look like Combo at all.
Agreed... at first glance. I took a screen cap of it. I had to lighten it up a lot. The original picture was very dark. Remember when Hank was in Combo's mother's house after he got killed? There was a picture of him there, but he appeared to be only a few years younger. It's likely this is a very young Combo, as that pic was right below the one of him laying dead (in Hank's right hand in the pic).

I also took a pic of Gale's notes which Hank compared.

I liked how Walt layed down the towel to puke much like Gus did to purge the poison. And by doing that he noticed the book was gone.

great episode!

Judging by the reaction of Walts next door neighbor id say he made the news at some point lol

Loved Jessie sparkin a blunt at Sauls office :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread