Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read here. And I'm fully caught up on the Trump thread. 

Even the baby's acting in this show was top notch. 

They still advertising Low Winter Sun?

You guys are convincing me to give The Wire another shot. I watched season 1 and thought it was just ok. Are 2-5 different/better or mostly more of the same?

Seasons 3 and 4 are as good as tv gets

To me, season 4 is the best single season of any show ever.

You guys are convincing me to give The Wire another shot. I watched season 1 and thought it was just ok. Are 2-5 different/better or mostly more of the same?

If you watched the whole first season and didn't really like it, I'm not sure if it's the show for you. Although season two is a bit different due to it's focus on the ports. I liked it but some people put it at the bottom of the seasons.

Yeah, if you don't like it after S1, I don't know that you'd like the show at all. It's very slow-paced, which can be a turnoff. S1 is one of the best seasons, along with S3/S4.

Anyone catch the scene where Jesse is in waiting room to see Saul.

He is next to Huell. (Saul's Bodyguard)

Jesse goes into his pocket to grab his cigarettes?

It just seemed like the focus on the cigarette pack was more than usual...or was it just me.

Also

found this when looking for the bodyguards name

LOL

http://i.imgur.com/MihmSzW.jpg

I thought Jesse was going to have a moment of realization there. I think that was an intentional head-fake and it wasn't just to show us it was a joint.

Ha! I was going to quote the same post and say the same thing about season 3.

I love The Shield, but it certainly had it's issues.

Just watched "Blowback" (5th episode of season 1. It was written and starred in by none other than Mr. Kurt Sutter.

It's the one where the Jesus Armenian (Sutter) shot a dude in the head in front of 4 cops. They hold him uncuffed in the cage with 2 other dudes. You won't believe this, but the Armenian killed a dude in the cage.

It's also the episode where Vendrell got his blue navigator stolen while stopping in for a 15 minute "slurpee". He's cruising around looking for it. He sees a blue navigator with a couple of teenagers. It was only after he had the kids face down in a parking lot, brandishing his pistol and threatening them that it occurs to him to verify that this is, in fact, the same blue navigator. Actually, it wasn't even his idea to verify. It was the chick he just banged.

Hell, for all we know, Vendrell would capped both those kids in the head in a parking lot without ever making sure he had the right vehicle.

Still a great show, but certainly not perfect.

Edited by pollardsvision

Lots of good things happened in Season 3 but I didn't like the Hamsterdam storyline. It didn't seem realistic to me.

So I should be watching the shield?

I tried the first episode. Seemed exactly the same as all the other cop shows out there. I suppose you have to stick to it but it certainly didn't grab my interest. I thought the bald guy was annoying.

I thought the same until the last scene of the first episode. That grabbed my attention.

Lots of good things happened in Season 3 but I didn't like the Hamsterdam storyline. It didn't seem realistic to me.
I get that. Stringer Bell was my favorite character.

Just watched "Blowback" (5th episode of season 1. It was written and starred in by none other than Mr. Kurt Sutter.

It's the one where the Jesus Armenian (Sutter) shot a dude in the head in front of 4 cops. They hold him uncuffed in the cage with 2 other dudes. You won't believe this, but the Armenian killed a dude in the cage.

It's also the episode where Vendrell got his blue navigator stolen while stopping in for a 15 minute "slurpee". He's cruising around looking for it. He sees a blue navigator with a couple of teenagers. It was only after he had the kids face down in a parking lot, brandishing his pistol and threatening them that it occurs to him to verify that this is, in fact, the same blue navigator. Actually, it wasn't even his idea to verify. It was the chick he just banged.

Hell, for all we know, Vendrell would capped both those kids in the head in a parking lot without ever making sure he had the right vehicle.

I thought The Shield kicked it up a notch in S3. Before that it was probably in the same tier as The Walking Dead. It was tighter in the later seasons

I thought The Shield kicked it up a notch in S3. Before that it was probably in the same tier as The Walking Dead. It was tighter in the later seasons

Yeah, it had been a while since I had seen Season 1. I'd forgotten how shaky it was at times in the beginning.

Nothing wrong with wanting to see it spelled right. Just saying it doesn't bother me, even though other seemingly pointless things do. That, and I thought it was Skylar for the first 4 seasons.

It wouldn't bother me so much if the guy named Skylar wasn't such a difficult stuck up person to work with, painful office memories.What order do these characters die if at all?SkylerJessieLydiaTodd (aka Landry).
Lydia

Jessie

Skyler

Todd standing over a dying Walt saying Heisenberg is the final scene.

You're an idiot.

An ending where hank is framed is stupid and would be disappointing. For starters, the case has been closed two or three times and everyone around it knows that hank is the one still looking in to it.

Yes, the very last think a DEA low level supervisor would do is further his "legitimate" career by progressively wiping out his drug competition to expand his secret drug operation. And that each promotion he gets and accolades he gets amasses him more and more power to move against competition at a higher level and is given more and more discretion by his superiors because he's seen as a riser and a closer at work.

Again, notice the pattern of death around Hank.

- Hank is the last to see Tuco alive. And more than that, ends his life in a shootout. Making Hank the hero and wiping out his competition. Ironically the blue meth after that, it's distribution goes wider

- Hank is the subject of no less than three attacks or potential attacks. First the turtle bombing, where Hank miraculously survives but almost everyone else there is killed or maimed. The twins come to kill him, right as he is disarmed and seen as without his DEA protection. His reasoning for survival is he gets a phone call warning him, but he doesn't know who it is or why.

-The threat against him that is credible enough from Fring where DEA agents are guarding him, then suddenly Fring is blown to bits and so is the old guy in the wheelchair. The last person to see wheelchair guy? Hank.

- Hank is one of the last people to talk to Mike Ermentrout. The guy disappears off the face of the planet.

- Hank is one of the last people to talk to Mike's men, and when it seems one is prime to flip and rat out Fring's operation, suddenly all are killed, and the one most likely to sing is burned alive in his cell.

- Not to mention, that Radio Shack style GPS tracker, it still requires some type of software, some kind of digital footprint is left behind. How is Hank going to explain using a private tracker on Fring and then again on Walt when his boss told him to leave Fring alone. Walt can use this against Hank, saying Hank forced Walt to be part of that.

- Why is there multiple records of Hank buying "rocks" off the internet. What is his interest in minerals, materials and their chemistry

- How did Hank pay for all those expensive medical bills? Ones that clearly outstripped his ability to earn and even combined with his wifes. His best cover story is Walts story, that Walt a mild mannered dying Chemistry teacher turned into a gambling savant and then turned into a car wash king.

- Gomez might not have reported it,but he remembers when Hank flies off the handle, walks into a bar to instigate a fight.

- His wife is privately known as a shoplifter and thief, but Hank consistently gets her a pass or uses his law enforcement pals to get her off with a pass.

Hank keeps reopening a case that made his career, that is seen as some kind of miracle that Hank could have this powerful intuition that veteran DEA agents with decades on the job aren't picking up on themselves, and each time, more and more people are dying at a higher and higher level on the drug foodchain and now the blue meth has become a global problem. Each time Hank reopens the case, the blue meth spreads farther and faster and wider.

Hank's old boss gets his credibility and job back if it's seen that Hank was secretly a drug lord using the system to his advantage. If the collective powers of law enforcement are hunting Hank, they will need his old boss and Gomez, the people who knew him best professionally, to track him. They will do it to clear their own names from Hank's crimes. His old boss can claim Hank undermined him just enough to be left holding the Fring bag and so Hank could take his job.

Do you think elements within the DEA, who saw a fast riser like Hank secretly don't want him to fail and fall to further their own careers, esp the ones that got passed over for him?

There are a lot of things that can easily work against Hank, and very quickly.

I lost it here.

The Hamsterdam storyline was one of the best in the entire run of the Wire. It's really the centerpiece of the show on a number of levels.

I agree it sets up so much for the show going forward but as I was watching it I couldn't help but feel how unrealistic it was. There's no way something on that level would have gone unnoticed for so long. I've been through it in the Wire thread and some people posted things that were somewhat similar but nothing close to the extent of Hamsterdam. For a show that I felt was as realistic as they come, I was not into this storyline. I could buy it if it was in The Shield but not The Wire.

But it got us to the greatness that is Season 4, so I'm fine with it.

So I should be watching the shield?

I would say that most people who love BB would love The Shield.

Anyone know if The Shield is on Netflix?

Not via streaming.

It's on Amazon.

</blockquote>

It's also on crackle...last time I looked anyway.</blockquote>

Also on Project Free TV.

Since this thread is clearly toast until Sunday, I don't feel bad making it a makeshift Shield thread until then.

Anyway, for anyone watching it new, it's Episdoe 6 (Cherrypoppers) that I think it starts to find itself.

They tone Vic down a bit, and he starts to become the great character he ends up being. I can only think they tried too hard in the beginning selling him as a badass, making him seem overly cheesy.

That's also when Dutch starts to come into his own (and come a little unhinged). Dutch is a great character. While his presence gives the feel of a procedural, he and Claudette provide just the right counterbalance to the Strike Team antics. They are just written and acted better than your typical procedural detective duo.

Cherrypoppers combines the "oh ####" moments that Shield does so well with a Vic that's a badass while being a relatable and Dutch/Claudette doing their thing. The 2 episodes after are also great.

Can we not post Shield spoilers in the BB thread for those of us who haven't watched it and now plan to thanks to some suggestions in here?

Jesus Christ. The Shield has been off the air for five years. I haven't watched it either, but I think the statute of limitations on spoiler avoidance has run its course.

Can we not post Shield spoilers in the BB thread for those of us who haven't watched it and now plan to thanks to some suggestions in here?

Jesus Christ. The Shield has been off the air for five years. I haven't watched it either, but I think the statute of limitations on spoiler avoidance has run its course.

i would agree.....in the "The Shield" thread.

Sure.

Sorry about the couple in Episode 5 (they are very minor and won't affect watching, I don't think). There aren't any about Episode 6.

exactly

It is natural in television threads to compare shows. Which is kind of difficult if you're saying, "the explosion at the nursing home was the most bravura scene of television since the scene on The Shield where that guy did that thing with the other guy."

It is natural in television threads to compare shows. Which is kind of difficult if you're saying, "the explosion at the nursing home was the most bravura scene of television since the scene on The Shield where that guy did that thing with the other guy."

huh? Comparing shows is one thing. Comparing scenes makes no sense and you know it.

It's perfectly reasonable to not start a stupid shield discussion in the middle of a BB thread.

I never watched The Shield past season 1 but are people really not able to identify shtick in here?

Also, any recent updates on the BB spinoff show focused on Saul?

The Shield spoiler

what he wrote is exactly what happened

Also, any recent updates on the BB spinoff show focused on Saul?

Saul's firm gets investigated by federal agents. Saul flees to Mexico with Huell where they are identified by former members of the cartel Gus killed off. Saul and Huell are killed and their heads are sent back to the DEA on the back of a turtle. Hank makes a cameo and has an anxiety attack.

I disagree. Feel free to post Sheild spoilers in a Shield thread, but in BB thread we should avoid spoilers IMHO

Soooo, that was or was not a spoiler. I thought it was schtick, but now I'm not sure if the other posters were also schtick or not as well. Not that I really care, I never watched the show because I thought it looked pretty bad.

Even less desire to watch the show because of that ########.

I'd rather injest ricin than read another Gordon gekko post.

Put him on ignore. Your life will be so much better for it. He's ####### worthless now.

Earlier this year, the Gekkster wrote a 4,000-word thesis on why the Patriots would sign Darius Reynaud.

Yeah, the Patriots never signed Reynaud. So I don't know if I want to trust the Gekkerino's theory of Walt framing Hank. I find these documents to be interesting to read, though.