What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (3 Viewers)

Anybody watch the very first ep lately? There will probably be some direct tie to the last scene of the show. I may take a look when I have time to burn.
What was the last scene?
I think he means the final scene of the series 7 weeks from now.I don't think there will be any correlation, as we know that the series took a different direction early on when they decided to keep Jesse in the show...who knows if Gilligan had the end game in his mind that early.

Anybody watch the very first ep lately? There will probably be some direct tie to the last scene of the show. I may take a look when I have time to burn.
What was the last scene?
the last scene of the series
A tie to what, specifically?
Jack's eyes opening were the first shot of the series. His eyes closing were the final shot.

Oh wait, wrong show.

Nevermind.

From that Grantland article, a good theory on why Walt has probably already murdered Skyler before the Denny's scene (I'm hoping this happens for all you "Walt cares about his family more than anything" people):

In Breaking Bad, Walt has a habit of taking on some little traits of the people he has killed.

When Walt killed Crazy 8, he started cutting off the crusts of his sandwiches — just as Crazy 8 had done.

Gus drives a Volvo. After Walt kills Gus, at the beginning of Season 5 (at the Denny's), Walt is driving a Volvo (w/ NH plates).

When Mike and Walt meet at a bar in an earlier season, Walt orders his drink neat while Mike has his on the rocks. After Mike is killed, and Hank offers Walt a drink in his office — he asks for it on the rocks.

At that same scene at Denny's, Walt arranges his bacon into his new age. Someone else used to do that. On top of that, he's using Skyler's maiden name on his fake ID.

Based on his history of picking up traits from his victims — I believe Walt is going to murder Skyler before the series is over, and it probably had already happened before he showed up at the Denny's in the Season 5 cold open.

Jesse too:

BuzzFeed also adds two more elements from last week's episode: Walt folds the towel in front of the toilet when he gets sick, just like Gus did when he was vomiting out poison; flash-forward Walt is wearing Jesse's jacket, foreshadowing (and also reverse-shadowing, because that's what happens when you shred the narrative continuum) that he must have killed Jesse as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
That scene with Walt bouncing Skyler's head off the fridge made me uncomfortable. I have to find a place to watch it tonight. I'm in Minneapolis, any locals want to have Fin over? :mellow:

Based on his history of picking up traits from his victims — I believe Walt is going to murder Skyler before the series is over, and it probably had already happened before he showed up at the Denny's in the Season 5 cold open.
I'm OK with Walt killing Skyler. Be bummed if he killed Jesse although it certainly fits into the narrative. To reference "The Sopranos" Walt killing Jesse would be like Tony killing Christopher. At some point it's almost unavoidable if Jesse continues to be a mopey f'case.

From that Grantland article, a good theory on why Walt has probably already murdered Skyler before the Denny's scene (I'm hoping this happens for all you "Walt cares about his family more than anything" people):

In Breaking Bad, Walt has a habit of taking on some little traits of the people he has killed.

When Walt killed Crazy 8, he started cutting off the crusts of his sandwiches — just as Crazy 8 had done.

Gus drives a Volvo. After Walt kills Gus, at the beginning of Season 5 (at the Denny's), Walt is driving a Volvo (w/ NH plates).

When Mike and Walt meet at a bar in an earlier season, Walt orders his drink neat while Mike has his on the rocks. After Mike is killed, and Hank offers Walt a drink in his office — he asks for it on the rocks.

At that same scene at Denny's, Walt arranges his bacon into his new age. Someone else used to do that. On top of that, he's using Skyler's maiden name on his fake ID.

Jesse too:

BuzzFeed also adds two more elements from last week's episode: Walt folds the towel in front of the toilet when he gets sick, just like Gus did when he was vomiting out poison; flash-forward Walt is wearing Jesse's jacket, foreshadowing (and also reverse-shadowing, because that's what happens when you shred the narrative continuum) that he must have killed Jesse as well.
about 17 pages ago

I can't even imagine where the show picks up at the start of this episode. I'd LOVE for them to go right back to the garage to give Hank a chance to reply to "Tread lightly" but that'll never happen.

I can't even imagine where the show picks up at the start of this episode. I'd LOVE for them to go right back to the garage to give Hank a chance to reply to "Tread lightly" but that'll never happen.
Didn't the preview for tonight's episode show Walt walking out of the garage?

Who knows, but I think we see Lidia and whatever her problem that she is going to walts doorstep sooner rather then later. They got to move the story forward fast and introduce who the "bad guy" is this season.

Aaron Paul (@aaronpaul_8) tweeted at 8:27 PM on Sun, Aug 18, 2013:

Happy Breaking Bad day b##ches! What's your number? Calling the first 10 people to answer questions. Ask me anything. #yeahb##ch

How cool would it be if he actually did that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had DirecTV since 2000 and have no recording devices. I just watch shows when they are on or I don't watch them. Well, there are some occasions where I have my parents record a show and I will watch it the next time I go visit them.
How much extra $ is it to have your parents put another DVR box in the basement?
I don't live with my parents, flaptits. I thought I made that obvious in the post.
:lmao: well "visit" could have meant walking upstaiirs....
Hey mom! Get the popcorn ready. My show is starting in 18 minutes.

Aaron Paul (@aaronpaul_8) tweeted at 8:27 PM on Sun, Aug 18, 2013:

Happy Breaking Bad day #####es! What's your number? Calling the first 10 people to answer questions. Ask me anything. #yeah#####

How cool would it be if he actually did that?
He used to Tweet out numbers where he was filming in New Mexico and he talk to everyone who called. He seems like a genuinely cool guy.

Jesse too:

we've been talking aout this here since Monday

Walt is also drivinga red "beater" car and wearing Jeans.

Jesse's first two cars on the shaow were va red Monte Carlo and a Red Tercel; both beaters

Users who are viewing this thread