What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (5 Viewers)

http://www.avclub.com/articles/attention-do-not-use-the-gps-coordinates-in-breaki,101841/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default

Unfortunate news for anyone hoping to use the coordinates mentioned in Sunday’s episode of Breaking Bad to unearth their own buried treasure: Breaking Bad is a television show whose characters and situations are purely fictional, and also, those coordinates don’t actually lead where the episode suggests they do. In “Buried,” Walter White has his money stuffed into barrels that he then drives out into the middle of the desert, using a GPS tracker to pinpoint their secret location as +34° 59′ 20.00″, -106° 36′ 52”, right next to the little bush. Yet anyone who actually goes looking in that spot for his ill-gotten spoils definitely won’t find a barren landscape concealing the fortune of a fake man.

Instead, they’ll find the home of Albuquerque Studios, the production facility where much of Breaking Bad has been filmed alongside other projects such as The Avengers—so, a place that yields huge caches of money, yes, but not in the “stuffed into barrels you can dig out of the ground” kind of way. (Another hidden joke: If you add up all the numbers in the coordinates, then subtract them from 5,318,315, then hold your calculator upside down, it looks like the word “BOOBIES.” What does it mean?)

Seems like they're setting up Hank/law enforcement offering a deal to Walt whereby he gives them the new Lydia/Todd operation in exchange for immunity & relocation for his family. It goes wrong somehow, lots of main characters die and Walt has to clean it up himself.

It'd be great if Jesse did a 180 here and claimed to be Heisenberg himself. I think that'd be more interesting than what seems to be happening with him finally ratting Walt out.

Maybe it's because I live in the crowded Northeast, but is the desert so expansive that you can drive out there, stay there all day digging a hole, and well into the night w/ car headlights on, and see nobody?
Absolutely
Yep. One of my biggest "shockers" from moving to AZ from the northeast was just how spread out things were.
You could do what Walt did by taking a dirt road for a few miles off of I-8 pretty much anywhere between Yuma and I-10

They are deliberately having Jesse lay low. Guaranteed he wakes up in the next couple of eps and gets in the game big time. Maybe the key player in the ending - the way his character is acting right now is really looking like a plot setup.

I like the thought I've heard that several characters are trying to figure out how to "win" based on where Walt is right now. Walt's win is to keep the money (Skyler mostly aligned with him), Hank's win is to get Walt, Lydia's win is to resurrect the business, Marie's win is to get Skyler's baby.

Would be interesting to see Jesse wake up and end up winning...

Next episode, Flynn drags his feet to the breakfast table and overdoses on Frosted Flakes. Later in the episode it will be revealed that Walt used some of the ricin, as the cost of cereal was starting to eat away at his profits, thus tying out that loose end.

They are deliberately having Jesse lay low. Guaranteed he wakes up in the next couple of eps and gets in the game big time. Maybe the key player in the ending - the way his character is acting right now is really looking like a plot setup.

I like the thought I've heard that several characters are trying to figure out how to "win" based on where Walt is right now. Walt's win is to keep the money (Skyler mostly aligned with him), Hank's win is to get Walt, Lydia's win is to resurrect the business, Marie's win is to get Skyler's baby.

Would be interesting to see Jesse wake up and end up winning...
I've been thinking along similar lines. I'd love to see him team up with Skylar after they all walk. Series ends with Walt begging for his life in a ditch with Sky and Jesse looking over him. "I f'd Jesse", Skylar says before shooting him in the dome.

I still wonder if Hank's line from last week - "I don't give a s about family" will have any consequences.
This is another example of the brilliant acting and writing on this show. He says it and we all know he doesn't really mean it. And then he's in the diner with Skeyeluhr and even though his words and actions still seem to say he doesn't care about family, he clearly does.

So did Hank go in to work to tell what he suspects? Seems like he was going to take that chance.
He seemed torn and probably changing his mind second to second, but yes, moving the budget meeting back seemed to imply he was going to tell.The interrogation of Jesse, I'm sure, will affect whether or not he actually follows through with it. I hope he does, but he probably won't. Drama pretty much can't exist without people, especially cops, doing dumb things.
In "One Minute", Jesse tells Walt that ratting him out is his get out of jail free card. Walt doesn't believe him, saying that if he he was really serious then Jesse would have done it to avoid the beating.Does he hate Walt enough now to rat him out? Seems plausible.

Were this real life, Hank, given the embarrassment he would face admitting to his bosses that his BIL was the one he was after all along, would probably tell Walt he's onto him, and that he wants a few million to keep it quiet. Then Hank retires and drinks tequila with Flynn by the pool every day.

Were this real life, Hank, given the embarrassment he would face admitting to his bosses that his BIL was the one he was after all along, would probably tell Walt he's onto him, and that he wants a few million to keep it quiet. Then Hank retires and drinks tequila with Flynn by the pool every day.
I wonder if Walt will make an offer to Hank to keep quiet at some point this season. It would put Hank is a position where he has to decide whether or not to "break bad." He is one of the few characters who has not really been faced directly with that decision.

So did Hank go in to work to tell what he suspects? Seems like he was going to take that chance.
He seemed torn and probably changing his mind second to second, but yes, moving the budget meeting back seemed to imply he was going to tell.The interrogation of Jesse, I'm sure, will affect whether or not he actually follows through with it. I hope he does, but he probably won't. Drama pretty much can't exist without people, especially cops, doing dumb things.
In "One Minute", Jesse tells Walt that ratting him out is his get out of jail free card. Walt doesn't believe him, saying that if he he was really serious then Jesse would have done it to avoid the beating.Does he hate Walt enough now to rat him out? Seems plausible.
Walt certainly believed him. That's whay he got gayle out of the lab and brought Jesse in as a 50/50 partner.

I wonder if Walt will make an offer to Hank to keep quiet at some point this season. It would put Hank is a position where he has to decide whether or not to "break bad." He is one of the few characters who has not really been faced directly with that decision.
Can't see it. Has there ever been any evidence of Hank being greedy in any way? He seems as clean as they come, and really does seem to have a evangelical devotion to jailing criminals.

Can't see it. Has there ever been any evidence of Hank being greedy in any way? He seems as clean as they come, and really does seem to have a evangelical devotion to jailing criminals.
Perhaps. But a $15 or $20 million dollar offer from your brother-in-law to keep quiet -- which would allow you to continue your upward career path, to maintain the hard-earned respect of your colleagues, and to avoid a catastrophic family meltdown -- seems like it could make even the most honest character consider "breaking bad."

Walt certainly believed him. That's whay he got gayle out of the lab and brought Jesse in as a 50/50 partner.
I disagree. I think he did that to stop Jesse from pursuing the lawsuit.

another time when Walt saved Hank's ###

It was both. They were related.

Yo, Jessie didn't seem too talkative when he was getting interrogated him before Hank showed up. If he really wanted to, like, clear his conscience or whatever by ratting out Walt, wouldn't he have done that already, #####?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jessie didn't seem too talkative when he was getting interrogated him before Hank showed up. If he really wanted to, like, clear his conscience or whatever by ratting out Walt, wouldn't he have done that already?
It'll be a far different scenario when someone walks in with whole thing already figured out, and very importantly, finding out the murderous Heisenberg knows he knows.Also, he's far more likely to talk to Hank because he's also been put through the ringer by Walt. He's as invested in this as Jesse. Far different than a couple random smart mouth detectives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now imagine he offers him a really ####### big geode.

Now imagine he offers him a really ####### big geode.
:lmao:

Jessie didn't seem too talkative when he was getting interrogated him before Hank showed up. If he really wanted to, like, clear his conscience or whatever by ratting out Walt, wouldn't he have done that already?
If Hank gets Jesse to roll on Walt I assume he's going to at least explain to Jesse why he beat him up, he will explain that ultimately it was Walt's doing with the phone call. If Hank somehow hints at Walt's involvement with the ricin poisoning of Brock or Jane's death that should put Jesse over the edge, but from what we have seen Hank does not have any intel to link Walt to either of those incidents.

You'd have to believe at this point that Hank will get something out of Jesse to pin on Walt or they wouldn't have had Hank go into work with just his theory.

If Hank gets Jesse to roll on Walt I assume he's going to at least explain to Jesse why he beat him up, he will explain that ultimately it was Walt's doing with the phone call. If Hank somehow hints at Walt's involvement with the ricin poisoning of Brock or Jane's death that should put Jesse over the edge, but from what we have seen Hank does not have any intel to link Walt to either of those incidents.
It's beside your point, but Brock was poisoned by Lily of the Valley, not ricin.

Personally I think it would be a tad cheap if the plot turns to where Jessie is rolling over on Hank. It would be a shortcut in my opinion in the story.

It'll be a far different scenario when someone walks in with whole thing already figured out, and very importantly, finding out the murderous Heisenberg knows he knows.Also, he's far more likely to talk to Hank because he's also been put through the ringer by Walt. He's as invested in this as Jesse. Far different than a couple random smart mouth detectives.
Hanks may already have a hunch on the trigger man in Gale's murder that he can play

It's beside your point, but Brock was poisoned by Lily of the Valley, not ricin.
Not to mention that we have no indication that Hank even knew who Jane or Brock were. He didn't start following Jesse till Season 3 (after Jane's death), and he was told to stay away from Jesse before Brock was in the picture.

Jessie didn't seem too talkative when he was getting interrogated before Hank showed up. If he really wanted to, like, clear his conscience or whatever by ratting out Walt, wouldn't he have done that already?
This reads very well in Jesse's voice, but you could have added the B-word at the end.

What do they have on Jesse so far? Seems like they brought him in and were fishing for something, but weren't really getting anywhere. Obviously Hank can connect dots that those two mopes weren't.

And if they are able to pin something on him, you can't discount the chance that Jesse just willingly takes the rap and goes to jail.

What do they have on Jesse so far? Seems like they brought him in and were fishing for something, but weren't really getting anywhere. Obviously Hank can connect dots that those two mopes weren't.

And if they are able to pin something on him, you can't discount the chance that Jesse just willingly takes the rap and goes to jail.
Throwing millions of dollars all over Albuquerque.

Users who are viewing this thread