Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

This episode was a total LOL. It's reaching. Cranston can sleep walk through to the end now. I can't count how many shots of clenched teeth and blank stares. It was an a hour long tease into next week, while making fanboy's having to suffer through Low Winter Sun to figure out how they will mind #### you next week.

ETA: cheating the potential dialogue between Hank and Jesse when he was in the box in place if the usual dialogue between Walt and Jesse in the middle of a desert with Saul is lazy. You've seen that desert scene and the dialogue between Walt and Jesse too many times already. To me, the only shocker is to see Flynn die now. I was hoping they kill him off just to make this more interesting.

Well that's one way to look at it.

Flynn should have been a casualty of Walt's amorality last season. Would had made a more interesting connection, like Tony Soprano losing those close to him, and in The Wire the casualties of the cost of the drug business, which Breaking Bad skirts around with the main characters. Latin novelas kill off main characters all the time, especially the narco telenovelas. BB is now a prime time daytime soap. Walt losing his own son and trying to replace him with Jesse, with Jesse resisting would had made these last episodes more intriguing. Walt's battle with Hank? Bwah! His battle with cancer was more interesting than that.

When Omar died in The Wire, it was random. Killing Flynn should be just as random and shocking. It could have nothing to do with Walt and Jesse. Yet it would change a whole dynamic within the show.

I don't think Vince Gilligan needs your help.

Of course he doesn't. He figured out a formula of having guys talk like women over a soap opera, while defending him.

Edited by drummer
  • Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read here. And I'm fully caught up on the Trump thread. 

Even the baby's acting in this show was top notch. 

They still advertising Low Winter Sun?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Huell only took the weed. He did not take the phone. He did not put any cigarettes in Jesse's sweatshirt.

Huell just took the weed. Jesse just put it all together when he noticed his weed was lifted. He was staring at his cigarettes recalling the ricin.

Exactly. I don't know what was so hard about that, but reading the harebrained ideas over the last few pages has been painful.

Because 98% of all shows other than BB would've put the previous scene about the ricin cigs in the "previously on..." segment at the beginning of the show and/or would've had a flashback during the show and/or done something else onscreen to remind viewers about it. Viewers are used to being spoon fed plot points with obviousness, so something that isn't spelled out in several ways is confusing.

This episode was a total LOL. It's reaching. Cranston can sleep walk through to the end now. I can't count how many shots of clenched teeth and blank stares. It was an a hour long tease into next week, while making fanboy's having to suffer through Low Winter Sun to figure out how they will mind #### you next week.

ETA: cheating the potential dialogue between Hank and Jesse when he was in the box in place if the usual dialogue between Walt and Jesse in the middle of a desert with Saul is lazy. You've seen that desert scene and the dialogue between Walt and Jesse too many times already. To me, the only shocker is to see Flynn die now. I was hoping they kill him off just to make this more interesting.

Flynn should have been a casualty of Walt's amorality last season. Would had made a more interesting connection, like Tony Soprano losing those close to him, and in The Wire the casualties of the cost of the drug business, which Breaking Bad skirts around with the main characters. Latin novelas kill off main characters all the time, especially the narco telenovelas. BB is now a prime time daytime soap. Walt losing his own son and trying to replace him with Jesse, with Jesse resisting would had made these last episodes more intriguing. Walt's battle with Hank? Bwah! His battle with cancer was more interesting than that.

When Omar died in The Wire, it was random. Killing Flynn should be just as random and shocking. It could have nothing to do with Walt and Jesse. Yet it would change a whole dynamic within the show.

Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!

No spoilers from shows that ended 5 years agooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just do not believe Jessie put it all together after being pick pocketed.

I agree. I'm beginning to feel like I will be let down. I hope not.

Why? That's exactly what Jesse thought happened with the ricin but Walt convinced him it wasn't possible. Now, why was it necessary to get Jesse to ever suspect Walt of using the ricin on Brock in the first place? He still could have put it on fring.

You should be a TV writer. I bet your show would have people consistently saying its one of the best shows ever made. :thumbup:

If I can get someone like you watching it, then all I would need to write is a loser who gets over. Like Walter White.

Well whatever you do, make sure to take most of your cues from Mexican telenovelas. Buena suerte, amigo!

You should be a TV writer. I bet your show would have people consistently saying its one of the best shows ever made. :thumbup:

If I can get someone like you watching it, then all I would need to write is a loser who gets over. Like Walter White.

Well whatever you do, make sure to take most of your cues from Mexican telenovelas. Buena suerte, amigo!

Better that than Sesame Street!

Of course he doesn't. He figured out a formula of having guys talk like women over a soap opera, while defending him.

Yes. We are all the stupid ones.

Half measures Mr White.....had his chance in the desert.

I think it is Todd's crew thatbis the bigger problem.

doesnt seem like todd gives two craps about mr white but his uncle is bad news

I think they will want him to cook again.

In the booth at the diner, the uncle says "Are you feeling good about cooking? Run your own lab.... do it up right?"

Todd replies "I got this."

Are they still sending the blue overseas? Hot chick isnt going to accept Todd's cook.

I dont believe Todd has cooked yet. He did learn from Walt, so maybe he can do better that 67%?

yes, todd cooked as revealed a week ago. lydia told declan that at least todd can cook over 68% but then declan said he didn't trust todd, probably because he started a fire during cook #3. not only has he cooked before but he did it better than declan's team, that's the whole reason why she visited them last week and bought them a one-way ticket to belize.

Edited by pecorino

Then re-watch the earlier episode. Jesse had it all figured out before, or at least he thought he did. He thought Huell pick-pocketed him once, and now that he realizes Huell did it for real, it sinks in that Walt was lying in that instance. Remember he was mad enough at the time to almost kill Walt.

Yes. We are all the stupid ones.

What's-a matter you, hey, gotta no respect

What-a you t'ink you do, why you look-a so sad

It's-a not so bad, it's-a nice-a place

Ah, break badda yo face!

From another board:

based upon the realization he'd been pickpocked again...

When Jesse confronted Walt about the specific possibility of Walt getting Huell to steal the ricin from him, Walt flat out denied it and manipulated him into believing it was Gus that stole it.

So there are two possibilities here:

1) Walt set the whole thing up, he got Huell to steal the ricin, he poisoned Brock with Lily of the Valley to make Jesse think he was poisoned with ricin to get him to turn against Gus. He completely manipulated Jesse and put Brock through a painful/dangerous experience to get Jesse back on his side.

2) Walt got Huell to steal the ricin for some unknown reason. Luckily for Walt, Brock was accidentally poisoned with something that has similar effects to ricin on the same day he decided to pickpocket Jesse. When Jesse showed up, he used this serendipitous moment to turn things in his favor by coming up with a plan off the top of his head to somehow pin it all on Gus and come up with an elaborate story about how Gus was framing him.

#2 isn't right... They show Walt by his pool getting rid of a Lily of the Valley potted plant

Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!

No spoilers from shows that ended 5 years agooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop crying. They still air All My Children.

What am I missing with the medical bills? If Hank is the head honcho why would Walt pay for it? Confused as to why this is such a smoking gun.

The medical bills may or may not quite make sense in light of Walts story, but thats kind of irrelevant as Walt never intends to actually come forward with the confession. But the medical bills portion definitely ends Hanks ability to come forward. His bosses will never believe that he didn't know about the 177k.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Huell only took the weed. He did not take the phone. He did not put any cigarettes in Jesse's sweatshirt.

Huell just took the weed. Jesse just put it all together when he noticed his weed was lifted. He was staring at his cigarettes recalling the ricin.

Exactly. I don't know what was so hard about that, but reading the harebrained ideas over the last few pages has been painful.

This. Man you guys need to pay more attention when watching. I'm not sure what's so hard about this.... or why this thread has gone off the rails.

I dont believe Todd has cooked yet. He did learn from Walt, so maybe he can do better that 67%?

He did. Did you watch the dialogue between Lydia and Declan? She complained about the quality, the cleanliness wasn't up to Heisenberg's standards. Then she suggested using Todd again since he learned from Heisenberg and his first two batches were at least over 70%. Then Declan said he caused a fire on the third one.

I agree. I'm beginning to feel like I will be let down. I hope not.

Why? That's exactly what Jesse thought happened with the ricin but Walt convinced him it wasn't possible. Now, why was it necessary to get Jesse to ever suspect Walt of using the ricin on Brock in the first place? He still could have put it on fring.

My only problem last night was Jesse's story arc? So he confronts/pleads with Walt in the desert and even brings up Mike being killed. Walt hugs him and next thing you know he's packing his bags?

The only thing I can guess is that no matter how important any adult is/was to Jesse, Walt means more? In the end, I guess kids trump all?

He called Walt on his mind games and asked him to just be honest, and the response was the hug. Jesse didn't hug him back. Jesse didn't pack his bags because he believed Walt was being sincere; if anything I think it is Jesse's realization that Walt will do what he has to do. He's offering him this and trying to sell it to him as what's best for Jesse, and Jesse sees through that, but also realizes he's likely dead if he doesn't.

When he connects the dot on Huell's fast hands (a suspicion he explicitly said before) - then he doesn't care anymore and now wants to burn down what Walt loves the way Walt has burned down and took from him.

Oh, and it was never a hit on Jesse. Jesse never knew about the vacuum cleaner repair guy before back in Crawl Space days, so it should have been more of a clue to viewers that this was actually sincere.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Because 98% of all shows other than BB would've put the previous scene about the ricin cigs in the "previously on..." segment at the beginning of the show and/or would've had a flashback during the show and/or done something else onscreen to remind viewers about it. Viewers are used to being spoon fed plot points with obviousness, so something that isn't spelled out in several ways is confusing.

Like, the flashbacks when hank discovered the book from Gale?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

:goodposting:

Anybody who thought that was a mediocre show tonight isn't watching the same episode as me.

The Walt confession tape was jaw dropping.

All true. Another unbelievable episode tonight. :yes:

What am I missing with the medical bills? If Hank is the head honcho why would Walt pay for it? Confused as to why this is such a smoking gun.

Another good question.

And what is so terrible about being duped by Walt's gambling story (assuming Hank comes clean to his bosses about everything).

Because if Walt's tape got out, and odds are it would if Walt knew Hank told his bosses about him, Hank's medical bills being paid by Walt's drug money would be really bad for Hank.

Anybody who thought that was a mediocre show tonight isn't watching the same episode as me.

Another good question.

And what is so terrible about being duped by Walt's gambling story (assuming Hank comes clean to his bosses about everything).

Because if Walt's tape got out, and odds are it would if Walt knew Hank told his bosses about him, Hank's medical bills being paid by Walt's drug money would be really bad for Hank.

No doubt it could end his career at DEA but not implicate him as the mastermind. If he was the mastermind he would be weary of Walt flipping and not do anything like this. If holes get put into Walt's video story then Walt just becomes a liar and the money becomes a non-issue.

Go back and think about the little things like why Hank wouldnt stay transferred or how he walked away out of the bomb radius when the tortoise bomb went off. How he could never catch the infamous Heisenburg...im sure theres a crap load of little things that ,to someone on the outside looking in, would find very curious.

Another good question.

Another good question.

No doubt it could end his career at DEA but not implicate him as the mastermind. If he was the mastermind he would be weary of Walt flipping and not do anything like this. If holes get put into Walt's video story then Walt just becomes a liar and the money becomes a non-issue.

Go back and think about the little things like why Hank wouldnt stay transferred or how he walked away out of the bomb radius when the tortoise bomb went off. How he could never catch the infamous Heisenburg...im sure theres a crap load of little things that ,to someone on the outside looking in, would find very curious.

The only way Hank's career is safe is if he leaves Walt alone.

Gus and Walt both having ties to the DEA office...not good.

Innocent people go to jail everyday.

There will be plenty of people who can testify of Hank and Walt having meetings in the DEA office.

Hank doesn't know it, but at this point his only saving grace is....Jesse.

Another good question.

Another good question.

Things like Tuco's shooting, the attempted cartel hit on him, Jesse's beating, he being the only one to know Fring was a drug dealer. All things that play well with Walt's story.

Another good question.

Another good question.

There will be plenty of people who can testify of Hank and Walt having meetings in the DEA office.

It's amazing that small, little things from seasons ago with Hank are being woven into the ending. Phenomenal. I didn't even think about Walt meeting Hank in the DEA office and how that would look now.

The thing I really appreciate about this show is that none of that stuff seems forced or like somebody came up with the idea after the fact. I haven't read any behind-the-scenes stuff about this show, but it all feels like the entire story for the franchise was written before the pilot was ever filmed. The Sopranos and The Wire were both great, but neither even attempted to do anything like what this show has done in terms of storytelling.

Another good question.

Another good question.

That or Walt dying....hence him leaking to the Nazis that Heisenbergs flipping.

Another good question.

The medical bills would be enough for Hank and Marie to have all their assets seized under the RICO Act. Plus, Walt's story is atleast as believable as Hank's and hWalt's story actually has evidence in the form of the medical bills.

I think the 1 hole with the medical bills is if Hank was the mastermind, why wouldn't he be profiting off of this drug empire he created, why would Walt need to pay Hank's hospital bills, and where is Hank hiding the millions of dollars he would allegedly be profiting off of the drug empire that he has forced Walt into?

Hank's co-workers would know the level of insurance they have, and, Walt could argue, would have been suspicious if Hank suddenly could afford more care from a previously-unseen mountain of hundred-dollar-bills he happened to have lying around. Walt would say Hank made him pay so that he could continue the charade of the low-paid government employee.

Maybe, but Hank apparently was pretty clueless about what DEA insurance would and wouldn't cover. I'm not sure how much that aspect would come into play.

Either way, I don't think it's as meaningful as.......you've got one guy with a lots of money and all the signs that go with it trying to make the guy with no money out to be the kingpin.

There are a lot of ways Walt's lie could stick, but that's the big factor that I just can't see sticking. It just doesn't make any sense. Especially if the threads around the fake gambling story would start coming loose when poked at.

It's amazing that small, little things from seasons ago with Hank are being woven into the ending. Phenomenal. I didn't even think about Walt meeting Hank in the DEA office and how that would look now.

The thing I really appreciate about this show is that none of that stuff seems forced or like somebody came up with the idea after the fact. I haven't read any behind-the-scenes stuff about this show, but it all feels like the entire story for the franchise was written before the pilot was ever filmed. The Sopranos and The Wire were both great, but neither even attempted to do anything like what this show has done in terms of storytelling.

They've made lots of changes and said they didn't know how it was going to end even while writing the final season. They let the characters dictate.

Hank's best/only play is either Jesse flipping (which apparently won't happen) or telling someone that hank has turned rat.

I thought he would've before the highway epiphany (apparently, I just don't see Jesse the way Gilligan does), but I'd expect the odds have increased now.

Either way, I don't think it's as meaningful as.......you've got one guy with a lots of money and all the signs that go with it trying to make the guy with no money out to be the kingpin.

There are a lot of ways Walt's lie could stick, but that's the big factor that I just can't see sticking. It just doesn't make any sense. Especially if the threads around the fake gambling story would start coming loose when poked at.

One guy doesn't have lots of money, as there are six barrels of money in the desert. And one could argue that Hank lives a relatively more lavish lifestyle.

Another good question.

The medical bills would be enough for Hank and Marie to have all their assets seized under the RICO Act. Plus, Walt's story is atleast as believable as Hank's and hWalt's story actually has evidence in the form of the medical bills.

I think the 1 hole with the medical bills is if Hank was the mastermind, why wouldn't he be profiting off of this drug empire he created, why would Walt need to pay Hank's hospital bills, and where is Hank hiding the millions of dollars he would allegedly be profiting off of the drug empire that he has forced Walt into?

Hank's co-workers would know the level of insurance they have, and, Walt could argue, would have been suspicious if Hank suddenly could afford more care from a previously-unseen mountain of hundred-dollar-bills he happened to have lying around. Walt would say Hank made him pay so that he could continue the charade of the low-paid government employee.

Maybe, but Hank apparently was pretty clueless about what DEA insurance would and wouldn't cover. I'm not sure how much that aspect would come into play.

For all intents and purposes, Walt is a guy with a car wash and a couple cars. There aren't 6 barrels of drug money to be seen. Hank's house puts Walt's to shame.

edit: Beat by seconds.

Edited by RUSF18

Another good question.

There's a butt-load of money buried in the desert that doesn't have anyone's name on it.

Hank's best/only play is either Jesse flipping (which apparently won't happen) or telling someone that hank has turned rat.

yea, I have a feeling if Hank talked to him now Jesse would be very inclined to talk.

The irony, since Hank is now likely inclined to back off especially in talking to Jesse, and knowing how Walt could spin that. Jesse got away on the day of the ride-along, etc.

I'm not downplaying how great BB is, it's clearly one of the 3 best shows ever, but in this regard, I think the degree of difficulty is a little lower for a show like BB.

It's a great concept and the execution has been near flawless, but it's much easier to keep a tighter plot with everything connected when the show's only ever been about one thing. That's a big reason the concept is so wonderful, that it ensures such a focused storytelling.

Unlike The Wire, there aren't very many moving parts (and The Wire pieced so many of those together brilliantly).

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I get it now but I couldve used a flashback of the Ricin/Brock scene as Jesse puts all the peices together in his mind. Never wouldve remembered that on my own. I didnt even remember who Brock was. Its not like that was the only time Walter secretly betrayed Jesse.

Edited by Native

Nothing says "rich narco terrorist" like a home with a deep purple shag rug & zebra print furniture. All that Marie decorating looks like something out of Scarface. DEA takes one look inside and will believe every word of Walt's confession.

• Like 1

One guy doesn't have lots of money, as there are six barrels of money in the desert. And one could argue that Hank lives a relatively more lavish lifestyle.

The picture is pretty clear, even without the barrels in the desert.

Hank has nicer things because he's a DEA agent, and Walt was a HS teacher. Hank's lifestyle fits with his legal income. Walt's, even without the barrels, does not.

He paid cash for his cancer treatments, now on his 2nd round. He paid $800K for a car wash that's now reporting far higher earnings than it's actually receiving legitimately. He paid $177K for his BIL's treatment. He did little things like selling a $10K or Aztec for $50.

Now, maybe Saul pieced the gambling story together perfectly and maybe the waitress/bookkeeper Skyler hasn't made any mistakes laundering. Maybe. But Walt needs those things to be flawless. The gambling/car wash story held up with nobody looking. Now, as an admitted meth cook, I assume those stories would then face some scrutiny.

Hank needs no such luck. His lifestyle matches his legitimate income.

Edited by pollardsvision

Looks like Jesse now wants to destroy what Walt holds dear. As Walt did to him. Burning the house down is a start.

Could see Jesse going to Landry's crew to get their help. Promise to cook for them or lead them to Walt's money somehow.

Todd killed that kid; there's no way that Jesse goes to him. His end should be hooking up with Hank somehow, and maybe getting offed by Walt. Can't see any other way for his story to resolve (but it's BB so who knows - that's what makes this so great).

Hank has nicer things because he's a DEA agent, and Walt was a HS teacher. Hank's lifestyle fits with his legal income. Walt's, even without the barrels, does not.

He paid cash for his cancer treatments, now on his 2nd round. He paid $800K for a car wash that's now reporting far higher earnings than it's actually receiving legitimately. He paid $177K for his BIL's treatment. He did little things like selling a $10K or Aztec for $50.

Now, maybe Saul pieced the gambling story together perfectly and maybe the waitress/bookkeeper Skyler hasn't made any mistakes laundering. Maybe. But Walt needs those things to be flawless. The gambling/car wash story held up with nobody looking. Now, as an admitted meth cook, I assume those stories would then face some scrutiny.

And while someone is looking into it, Hank has no house, no cars, no job and no money. Even if he's exonerated, he'll have no job and be relatively unemployable. Meanwhile, Walt has 6 barrels of cash.

Looks like Jesse now wants to destroy what Walt holds dear. As Walt did to him. Burning the house down is a start.

Could see Jesse going to Landry's crew to get their help. Promise to cook for them or lead them to Walt's money somehow.

Todd killed that kid; there's no way that Jesse goes to him. His end should be hooking up with Hank somehow, and maybe getting offed by Walt. Can't see any other way for his story to resolve (but it's BB so who knows - that's what makes this so great).

Plus, he's never met Todd's uncle or worked with him. Jesse had no part in the jail killings.

Plus Hank doesn't even know about the bug. I'm sure Walt could come up with a few operations and investigations that he should have no business knowing about and would be able to claim were divulged by Hank.

And for the guy complaining about the flashbacks and used the Whitman "previously on..." as the example of spoonfeeding, that actually proves the point. The "previously on" in that case was more used to re-develope the tone/emotional level of the show at that point than to remind the viewers how the pieces fit together imo.

And while someone is looking into it, Hank has no house, no cars, no job and no money. Even if he's exonerated, he'll have no job and be relatively unemployable. Meanwhile, Walt has 6 barrels of cash.

I'm not saying the accusation doesn't put Hank in quite a pickle. Just that money side doesn't look like it would match Walt's story (unless he can find a way to get Hank a big account in the Cayman's).