Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Huell only took the weed. He did not take the phone. He did not put any cigarettes in Jesse's sweatshirt.

Huell just took the weed. Jesse just put it all together when he noticed his weed was lifted. He was staring at his cigarettes recalling the ricin.

I'm not sure if Jesse already had that pack of cigs on him, I guess since the pack was already opened we can assume he did.

Why the F would Huell put cigarettes into Jesse's pocket.

So that when Jesse feels his pockets from the outside to make sure his weed is still there he feels something there instead of just an empty pocket. I think you are making a big deal out of this, chill out.
  • Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read here. And I'm fully caught up on the Trump thread. 

Even the baby's acting in this show was top notch. 

They still advertising Low Winter Sun?

Hank's best/only play is either Jesse flipping (which apparently won't happen) or telling someone that hank has turned rat.

I thought he would've before the highway epiphany (apparently, I just don't see Jesse the way Gilligan does), but I'd expect the odds have increased now.

I think Jesse is out for a little more blood then seeing Walt go to jail.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Huell only took the weed. He did not take the phone. He did not put any cigarettes in Jesse's sweatshirt.

Huell just took the weed. Jesse just put it all together when he noticed his weed was lifted. He was staring at his cigarettes recalling the ricin.

I'm not sure if Jesse already had that pack of cigs on him, I guess since the pack was already opened we can assume he did.
Why the F would Huell put cigarettes into Jesse's pocket.
So that when Jesse feels his pockets from the outside to make sure his weed is still there he feels something there instead of just an empty pocket. I think you are making a big deal out of this, chill out.

Tread lightly.

What am I missing with the medical bills? If Hank is the head honcho why would Walt pay for it? Confused as to why this is such a smoking gun.

Another good question.

And what is so terrible about being duped by Walt's gambling story (assuming Hank comes clean to his bosses about everything).

The medical bills would be enough for Hank and Marie to have all their assets seized under the RICO Act. Plus, Walt's story is atleast as believable as Hank's and hWalt's story actually has evidence in the form of the medical bills.

I think the 1 hole with the medical bills is if Hank was the mastermind, why wouldn't he be profiting off of this drug empire he created, why would Walt need to pay Hank's hospital bills, and where is Hank hiding the millions of dollars he would allegedly be profiting off of the drug empire that he has forced Walt into?

Hank's co-workers would know the level of insurance they have, and, Walt could argue, would have been suspicious if Hank suddenly could afford more care from a previously-unseen mountain of hundred-dollar-bills he happened to have lying around. Walt would say Hank made him pay so that he could continue the charade of the low-paid government employee.

Maybe, but Hank apparently was pretty clueless about what DEA insurance would and wouldn't cover. I'm not sure how much that aspect would come into play.

Either way, I don't think it's as meaningful as.......you've got one guy with a lots of money and all the signs that go with it trying to make the guy with no money out to be the kingpin.

There are a lot of ways Walt's lie could stick, but that's the big factor that I just can't see sticking. It just doesn't make any sense. Especially if the threads around the fake gambling story would start coming loose when poked at.

I totally disagree. Walts story hinges on him also acquiring ill gotten gains. The blackjack story fits right in, as does the money laundering through the car wash. Yes anyone on the outside would wonder where Hank's money is, but if Walt can spin a story where Fring screwed him out of it or he has it off shore and hasn't laundered it yet, and sprinkles in things he knows about the DEA that he shouldn't due to the bug that nobody else ever knew about, well he's got a sound plan here. Unless Skilar can't go through with screwing her sister.

It's amazing that small, little things from seasons ago with Hank are being woven into the ending. Phenomenal. I didn't even think about Walt meeting Hank in the DEA office and how that would look now.

:goodposting:

Plus Hank doesn't even know about the bug. I'm sure Walt could come up with a few operations and investigations that he should have no business knowing about and would be able to claim were divulged by Hank.

And for the guy complaining about the flashbacks and used the Whitman "previously on..." as the example of spoonfeeding, that actually proves the point. The "previously on" in that case was more used to re-develope the tone/emotional level of the show at that point than to remind the viewers how the pieces fit together imo.

using anything about brock or the ricin in the "previously on" would have spoliled the whole thing

maybe they could have used in in-scene flashback when Jesse pulls out the cigs to help spoon-feed the more casual viewers

as is, that reveal was masterful....

What am I missing with the medical bills? If Hank is the head honcho why would Walt pay for it? Confused as to why this is such a smoking gun.

Another good question.

And what is so terrible about being duped by Walt's gambling story (assuming Hank comes clean to his bosses about everything).

The medical bills would be enough for Hank and Marie to have all their assets seized under the RICO Act. Plus, Walt's story is atleast as believable as Hank's and hWalt's story actually has evidence in the form of the medical bills.

I think the 1 hole with the medical bills is if Hank was the mastermind, why wouldn't he be profiting off of this drug empire he created, why would Walt need to pay Hank's hospital bills, and where is Hank hiding the millions of dollars he would allegedly be profiting off of the drug empire that he has forced Walt into?

Hank's co-workers would know the level of insurance they have, and, Walt could argue, would have been suspicious if Hank suddenly could afford more care from a previously-unseen mountain of hundred-dollar-bills he happened to have lying around. Walt would say Hank made him pay so that he could continue the charade of the low-paid government employee.

Maybe, but Hank apparently was pretty clueless about what DEA insurance would and wouldn't cover. I'm not sure how much that aspect would come into play.

Either way, I don't think it's as meaningful as.......you've got one guy with a lots of money and all the signs that go with it trying to make the guy with no money out to be the kingpin.

There are a lot of ways Walt's lie could stick, but that's the big factor that I just can't see sticking. It just doesn't make any sense. Especially if the threads around the fake gambling story would start coming loose when poked at.

I totally disagree. Walts story hinges on him also acquiring ill gotten gains. The blackjack story fits right in, as does the money laundering through the car wash. Yes anyone on the outside would wonder where Hank's money is, but if Walt can spin a story where Fring screwed him out of it or he has it off shore and hasn't laundered it yet, and sprinkles in things he knows about the DEA that he shouldn't due to the bug that nobody else ever knew about, well he's got a sound plan here. Unless Skilar can't go through with screwing her sister.

Agreed. There are a lot of things that point to Hank including his obsession with surveilling Fring, his decision to come back to ABQ from El Paso, etc. Hank's defense would be "come on guys, you know me! I wouldn't do this!" and Walt's story would show 'facts'.

This episode was a total LOL. It's reaching. Cranston can sleep walk through to the end now. I can't count how many shots of clenched teeth and blank stares. It was an a hour long tease into next week, while making fanboy's having to suffer through Low Winter Sun to figure out how they will mind #### you next week.

ETA: cheating the potential dialogue between Hank and Jesse when he was in the box in place if the usual dialogue between Walt and Jesse in the middle of a desert with Saul is lazy. You've seen that desert scene and the dialogue between Walt and Jesse too many times already. To me, the only shocker is to see Flynn die now. I was hoping they kill him off just to make this more interesting.

It amazes me how someone can come away from that episode with such a negative opinion, maybe you should just stop watching the show?

Half measures Mr White.....had his chance in the desert.

I think it is Todd's crew thatbis the bigger problem.

doesnt seem like todd gives two craps about mr white but his uncle is bad news

I think they will want him to cook again.

In the booth at the diner, the uncle says "Are you feeling good about cooking? Run your own lab.... do it up right?"

Todd replies "I got this."

Are they still sending the blue overseas? Hot chick isnt going to accept Todd's cook.

I dont believe Todd has cooked yet. He did learn from Walt, so maybe he can do better that 67%?

He did cook, 74% IIRC.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I thought it was a pretty underwhelming episode.

I don't like where this is going. This Brock/ricin thing was incredibly flimsy when they first did it. Now, they are going to turn the whole damn show in it. Not too fired up about it.

You could not be more wrong. That was one of the best episodes of TV, ever.

• Like 1

This episode was a total LOL. It's reaching. Cranston can sleep walk through to the end now. I can't count how many shots of clenched teeth and blank stares. It was an a hour long tease into next week, while making fanboy's having to suffer through Low Winter Sun to figure out how they will mind #### you next week.

ETA: cheating the potential dialogue between Hank and Jesse when he was in the box in place if the usual dialogue between Walt and Jesse in the middle of a desert with Saul is lazy. You've seen that desert scene and the dialogue between Walt and Jesse too many times already. To me, the only shocker is to see Flynn die now. I was hoping they kill him off just to make this more interesting.

It amazes me how someone can come away from that episode with such a negative opinion, maybe you should just stop watching the show?

Seriously. That was one of the best Breaking Bad episodes ever and one of the best television episodes of all-time in my opinion. Walt's confession tape was one of the most brilliant scenes I've ever seen on television.

Another good question.

I'm sure Walt will try all those things.

Maybe it would work, though I doubt we'll ever find out (as I predicted, Hank's doing what they always do on TV, in withholding what he knows too long until coming clean isn't an option anymore).

Under scrutiny though, I think Hank's story holds up better, and I'm not sure it's close.

Walt's got the money of drug kingpin, and is admitting to it.

Hank doesn't have the money, and his actions and lifestyle all point to a DEA agent doing his job. Walt can try to tell a different story, but the only evidence of it is Walt's word (the word of an admitted meth cook).

One guy doesn't have lots of money, as there are six barrels of money in the desert. And one could argue that Hank lives a relatively more lavish lifestyle.

The picture is pretty clear, even without the barrels in the desert.

Hank has nicer things because he's a DEA agent, and Walt was a HS teacher. Hank's lifestyle fits with his legal income. Walt's, even without the barrels, does not.

He paid cash for his cancer treatments, now on his 2nd round. He paid $800K for a car wash that's now reporting far higher earnings than it's actually receiving legitimately. He paid $177K for his BIL's treatment. He did little things like selling a $10K or Aztec for $50.

Now, maybe Saul pieced the gambling story together perfectly and maybe the waitress/bookkeeper Skyler hasn't made any mistakes laundering. Maybe. But Walt needs those things to be flawless. The gambling/car wash story held up with nobody looking. Now, as an admitted meth cook, I assume those stories would then face some scrutiny.

Hank needs no such luck. His lifestyle matches his legitimate income.

And while someone is looking into it, Hank has no house, no cars, no job and no money. Even if he's exonerated, he'll have no job and be relatively unemployable. Meanwhile, Walt has 6 barrels of cash.

I'm not saying the accusation doesn't put Hank in quite a pickle. Just that money side doesn't look like it would match Walt's story (unless he can find a way to get Hank a big account in the Cayman's).

Walt is admitting to being a criminal and cooking the meth, and that he was in financial trouble because of his cancer. Walt's story about gambling etc doesn't have to match up. He admits to having drug money, just that Hank was the ringleader instead of him. Walt is saying he cooked for and was paid by Hank, but that Walt paid cash for Hank's medical bills to avoid scrutiny. Hank arranged the murders etc., Walt just did what he was told because he A) was afraid of Hank, and B) was desperate because of his cancer. Walt's gambling lies, car wash, and cars don't matter at this point. He admits it, and this video only releases if he's dead or used Saul's guy and has fled faking his death and putting it on Hank.

Under scrutiny though, I think Hank's story holds up better, and I'm not sure it's close.

Hank doesn't have the money, and his actions and lifestyle all point to a DEA agent doing his job. Walt can try to tell a different story, but the only evidence of it is Walt's word (the word of an admitted meth cook).

I don't know. Hank killed Tuco. Hank got in a shootout with the cartel hitmen. Hank obsessed about Fring (who visited him in the hospital). So far as the DEA knows, Walt hasn't shown up on any police reports. And the artist sketch of heisenberg could easily be any bald guy in shades and a hat (including Hank).

One guy doesn't have lots of money, as there are six barrels of money in the desert. And one could argue that Hank lives a relatively more lavish lifestyle.

The picture is pretty clear, even without the barrels in the desert.

Hank has nicer things because he's a DEA agent, and Walt was a HS teacher. Hank's lifestyle fits with his legal income. Walt's, even without the barrels, does not.

He paid cash for his cancer treatments, now on his 2nd round. He paid $800K for a car wash that's now reporting far higher earnings than it's actually receiving legitimately. He paid $177K for his BIL's treatment. He did little things like selling a $10K or Aztec for $50.

Now, maybe Saul pieced the gambling story together perfectly and maybe the waitress/bookkeeper Skyler hasn't made any mistakes laundering. Maybe. But Walt needs those things to be flawless. The gambling/car wash story held up with nobody looking. Now, as an admitted meth cook, I assume those stories would then face some scrutiny.

Hank needs no such luck. His lifestyle matches his legitimate income.

And while someone is looking into it, Hank has no house, no cars, no job and no money. Even if he's exonerated, he'll have no job and be relatively unemployable. Meanwhile, Walt has 6 barrels of cash.

I'm not saying the accusation doesn't put Hank in quite a pickle. Just that money side doesn't look like it would match Walt's story (unless he can find a way to get Hank a big account in the Cayman's).

Walt is admitting to being a criminal and cooking the meth, and that he was in financial trouble because of his cancer. Walt's story about gambling etc doesn't have to match up. He admits to having drug money, just that Hank was the ringleader instead of him. Walt is saying he cooked for and was paid by Hank, but that Walt paid cash for Hank's medical bills to avoid scrutiny. Hank arranged the murders etc., Walt just did what he was told because he A) was afraid of Hank, and B) was desperate because of his cancer. Walt's gambling lies, car wash, and cars don't matter at this point. He admits it, and this video only releases if he's dead or used Saul's guy and has fled faking his death and putting it on Hank.

I don't think he says as it, but I think we can assume it gets released if Hank brings his investigation to the DEA (or he'll tell the same story in person).

I don't know. Hank killed Tuco. Hank got in a shootout with the cartel hitmen. Hank obsessed about Fring (who visited him in the hospital). So far as the DEA knows, Walt hasn't shown up on any police reports. And the artist sketch of heisenberg could easily be any bald guy in shades and a hat (including Hank).

Tuco, Fring, and beating up Jesse were all outside of his job description. Hank not going to El Paso, not letting go of Heisenberg, not blowing up with Tortuga, all the time off he took when he had his breakdown...once his DEA buddies get the notion that Walt's story rings true (and it does), they'll be like a dog with a bone.

All of those events are open to interpretation. Walt offering one, Hank offering another.

Hank's actions are consistent with a DEA agent doing his job. There's nothing that can pointed to with the question posed "why would he do _______, if he wasn't a druglord?".

Walt can try to spin it, but he was doing his job and the one reason anyone would have for being a drug kingpin (money) doesn't exist.

The only benefit he ever received was the money for his treatment. Obviously, that'll be fishy, but if he was actually a drug kingpin, it's more likely he would've had his own money and laundering operation to take care of it.

Jesus, guys, Walt's confession doesn't have to stand on its own in a court of law. It just has to scare Hank. And, if Hank decided to go forward anyway, stall the DEA until after the cancer kills Walt. Once Walt's dead and the DEA can't move forward, Skyler's money stash is safe.

All of those events are open to interpretation. Walt offering one, Hank offering another.

Hank's actions are consistent with a DEA agent doing his job. There's nothing that can pointed to with the question posed "why would he do _______, if he wasn't a druglord?".

Walt can try to spin it, but he was doing his job and the one reason anyone would have for being a drug kingpin (money) doesn't exist.

The only benefit he ever received was the money for his treatment. Obviously, that'll be fishy, but if he was actually a drug kingpin, it's more likely he would've had his own money and laundering operation to take care of it.

Part of the problem with that theory is that Walt has implicated himself as well. So Walt will look sympathetic to the police as he is admitting he is involved and scared. Prediction:

This episode was a total LOL. It's reaching. Cranston can sleep walk through to the end now. I can't count how many shots of clenched teeth and blank stares. It was an a hour long tease into next week, while making fanboy's having to suffer through Low Winter Sun to figure out how they will mind #### you next week. ETA: cheating the potential dialogue between Hank and Jesse when he was in the box in place if the usual dialogue between Walt and Jesse in the middle of a desert with Saul is lazy. You've seen that desert scene and the dialogue between Walt and Jesse too many times already. To me, the only shocker is to see Flynn die now. I was hoping they kill him off just to make this more interesting.

It shouldn't amaze you given who the poster is. His efforts at writing anything substantive on these boards are always a huge wiff. His regular stuff primarily includes spilling drivel from the balcony of the peanut gallery.

My only problem last night was Jesse's story arc? So he confronts/pleads with Walt in the desert and even brings up Mike being killed. Walt hugs him and next thing you know he's packing his bags?

The only thing I can guess is that no matter how important any adult is/was to Jesse, Walt means more? In the end, I guess kids trump all?

Seriously? Jesse left because he assumed Walt was going to kill him if he didn't. Jesse even says this to Walt's face, to which Walt responds by hugging him melodramatically.

• Like 1

Another good question.

To me this is the biggest hole in the story right now. So Walt story is hank is the kingpin with all the money and power.... But hank makes Walt pay for the medical bills? What?

You guys are REALLY OVERTHINKING THIS.

The tape is NEVER MEANT TO STAND UP IN A COURT OF LAW

It's only meant to keep Hank from going forward. Walt himself says this TWICE during the show.

First he says "this is the only way" before he records it.

Then, later on he assures Skyler that things are fine now once they left the DVD with Hank. The only purpose of the DVD is to scare Hank and keep him from going forward. That's it! Walt wants no part of a criminal investigation because he would be HOSED. He would lose his money in the desert, and his entire purpose is to keep his kids cared for long-term.

The ONLY WAY that happens is if Hank just shuts up forever. Also, Walt and Sky know that Hank didn't know about the medical bills either. That revelation will do Hank in.

Hank truly has no options left, aside from Jesse or possibly Lydia and the gang, if he somehow found out about them.

That being said, Walt's plan is fraught with problems, and though he thinks he figured it all out, obviously that didn't buy him much time, as he mishandled Jesse and that is his undoing.

• Like 1

Another good question.

To me this is the biggest hole in the story right now. So Walt story is hank is the kingpin with all the money and power.... But hank makes Walt pay for the medical bills? What?

:facepalm:

Another good question.

Because he can. He's Hanksenberg.

second week in a row Marie has given me a massive erection. I don't know what it is about her this season. I would do nasty things to her.

I also think that the first scene next week will be Jessie turning around after dumping out all that gasoline and seeing walt jr sitting there eating a bowl of fruit loops.

It's only meant to keep Hank from going forward. Walt himself says this TWICE during the show.

Then, later on he assures Skyler that things are fine now once they left the DVD with Hank. The only purpose of the DVD is to scare Hank and keep him from going forward. That's it! Walt wants no part of a criminal investigation because he would be HOSED. He would lose his money in the desert, and his entire purpose is to keep his kids cared for long-term.

The ONLY WAY that happens is if Hank just shuts up forever. Also, Walt and Sky know that Hank didn't know about the medical bills either. That revelation will do Hank in.

Hank truly has no options left, aside from Jesse or possibly Lydia and the gang, if he somehow found out about them.

That being said, Walt's plan is fraught with problems, and though he thinks he figured it all out, obviously that didn't buy him much time, as he mishandled Jesse and that is his undoing.

I agree that it's just a scare tactic, but that doesn't mean whether or not it would hold up is irrelevant. If it wouldn't hold up, it shouldn't terribly effective as a scare tactic.

You're right, it's probably pointless to worry about. Hank's clearly going to be scared off by it.

second week in a row Marie has given me a massive erection. I don't know what it is about her this season. I would do nasty things to her.

I also think that the first scene next week will be Jessie turning around after dumping out all that gasoline and seeing walt jr sitting there eating a bowl of fruit loops.

That would be absolutely awesome.

Doesn't matter if it will hold up in Court. Walt is carpet bombing. Walt knows Hank will not bring it up to the DEA, because there are enough possibilities to make Hank a suspect. That would give Walt the time get get the money in the desert and escape and Hank would be out of a job

I agree that it's just a scare tactic, but that doesn't mean whether or not it would hold up is irrelevant. If it wouldn't hold up, it shouldn't terribly effective as a scare tactic.

You're right, it's probably pointless to worry about. Hank's clearly going to be scared off by it.

Walt's not trying to scare just anybody here. Because Hank is who he is, Walt would be a complete idiot to try and scare him with something that would have no chance in court. He has to believe that Hank would know whether or not he has enough on him for this to work.

Doesn't matter if it will hold up in Court. Walt is carpet bombing. Walt knows Hank will not bring it up to the DEA, because there are enough possibilities to make Hank a suspect. That would give Walt the time get get the money in the desert and escape and Hank would be out of a job

As bad as it would be for Hank, Walt doesn't want it coming to that anymore than Hank.

It wouldn't give Walt time to get the money out of the desert and escape. The only thing that gives Walt that time is Hank staying quiet. If Hank says anything and/or the confession is released, Walt's children getting that money becomes very difficult.

Hank has a lot more experience with DEA prosecutions and courts of law than we do. He is going to be thinking ALL THE SAME THINGS that we are, and more. Yes, in the show it will almost certainly never even see the light of day, but the point of the discussion is to decide where Hank decides the chips will fall - so the discussion has plenty of merit. We're only overthinking it as much as Hank will.

That's why the bug in his office might become more important. That's something that he doesn't know about. I could see him putting everything together like we have, weighing the pros and cons, bringing it to Walt to give him another chance to turn himself in before Hank goes to the DEA himself, and Walt springing the info. he learned from the eavesdropping as an ace up his sleeve.

Whether that happens or not, though, Hanks line of thinking is going to be closely aligned with the points raised in this thread. So I'd say if anything, maybe you are REALLY UNDERTHINKING THIS. ;)

It's not even meant to be bullet-proof. It's a veiled way of Heisenberg reminding Hank of all the reasons he can't go forward. If Hank goes forward, Walt would go down in flames. But so would Hank, and Hank knows it. So it's very effective as a scare tactic.

Walt's not trying to scare just anybody here. Because Hank is who he is, Walt would be a complete idiot to try and scare him with something that would have no chance in court. He has to believe that Hank would know whether or not he has enough on him for this to work.

The purpose of the video is not to convince a jury or a judge, or law enforcement that Hank is the mastermind. It's to scare Hank from going forward. A jury or law enforcement would see holes and questions and may or may not believe all aspects of the video. But they WOULD believe Hank played some part in this, due to all the reasons Walt put out there. And that is enough to stop Hank in his tracks, which is all Walt wanted to do.

Hank has a lot more experience with DEA prosecutions and courts of law than we do. He is going to be thinking ALL THE SAME THINGS that we are, and more. Yes, in the show it will almost certainly never even see the light of day, but the point of the discussion is to decide where Hank decides the chips will fall - so the discussion has plenty of merit. We're only overthinking it as much as Hank will.

That's why the bug in his office might become more important. That's something that he doesn't know about. I could see him putting everything together like we have, weighing the pros and cons, bringing it to Walt to give him another chance to turn himself in before Hank goes to the DEA himself, and Walt springing the info. he learned from the eavesdropping as an ace up his sleeve.

Whether that happens or not, though, Hanks line of thinking is going to be closely aligned with the points raised in this thread. So I'd say if anything, maybe you are REALLY UNDERTHINKING THIS. ;)

I don't think so. Obviously we will see as things go forward, but I think the video stopped Hank in his tracks for good. Only Jesse's testimony will be enough to put Hank over the edge. With Jesse, Hank can go forward and they can prove that the video was a lie. Without him, Hank was cooked, which is why the video was so brilliant. It was a simple, in-your-face plan that ended Hank's ability to move forward.

Edited by shader

It's still an interesting question of whether it should stop Hank in his tracks, and whether it would hold up should be a big factor.

If he thinks he would likely beat this in court, then Walt's just handed him all the leverage. Walt just confessed to everything.

We know Hank was about to accept his career being over for a shot at Heisenberg. He didn't follow through, but we know that's an acceptable endgame for him.

This raises the stakes all-around (more risk, but he's now got more evidence), and it would seem that whether or not it would hold up in court should determine Hank's next course.

Edited by pollardsvision

So now Saul has called the "Hoover" guy 2x and stood him up on both occasions. Dude has to be about pissed by now.

I don't think a call was made the first time. Saul had told Walt that he had to have everything ready to go when he made the call, and Walt still had to get his family, but once he realized he didn't have the money (see: the awesome crawl space scene), they never would have called the guy.

It's still an interesting question of whether it should stop Hank in his tracks, and whether it would hold up should be a big factor.

If he thinks he could actually beat this in court, then Walt's just handed him all the leverage. Walt just confessed to everything.

We know Hank was about to accept his career being over for a shot at Heisenberg. He didn't follow through, but we know that's an acceptable endgame for him.

This raises the stakes all-around (more risk, but he's now got more evidence), and it would seem Hank that whether or not it would hold up in court should determine Hank's next course.

At this point we have to wait and see what happens. I'm of the opinion that Jesse is going to turn on Walt and give Hank the leverage he needs. So Hank's next move has no bearing on whether it will or won't hold up in court. His next move is having an eye-witness to all the crimes that Walt committed.

But the show's creators could be throwing us for a loop. For all we know, Jesse could die very quickly, and then Hank could just say "screw it", and turn the tape in and claim he's innocent.

I personally think the tape stopped him in his tracks, but I suppose at this point there is no way to prove that yet.

If he thinks he would likely beat this in court, then Walt's just handed him all the leverage. Walt just confessed to everything.

This raises the stakes all-around (more risk, but he's now got more evidence), and it would seem that whether or not it would hold up in court should determine Hank's next course.

I think you're forgetting that Walt starts the confession by saying that he's probably dead at Hank's hand. The message being that it would make its way to law enforcement after Walt dies (or fakes his own death and disappears). Walt's disappearance would make the rest of the confession appear far more plausible.

There's no reason to talk about whether it would hold up in court or not. It doesn't matter. The risk to Hank if he brings his accusations about Walt to the feds is far too great after the confession, so for now it's a complete non-option. That's all that matters.

Edited by TobiasFunke

Do you think it's because she switched to black?

Do you think it's because she switched to black?

she's ####### huell?

Another good question.And what is so terrible about being duped by Walt's gambling story (assuming Hank comes clean to his bosses about everything).

They literally have Marie ask both of those questions to Hank in the show. The medical bills question was asked and answered in the scene last night.

I know. Missed it initially but I saw it the second time through. :bag:

My memory is failing me. Why did Hank need his medical bills paid? You would think a DEA agent has top-notch insurance.

Do you even watch the show?

Sorry, jerkoff. I missed it. Sue me. Now get back to asking another two thousand ridiculous hypothetical questions in The Sopranos thread.

Jesus, guys, Walt's confession doesn't have to stand on its own in a court of law. It just has to scare Hank. And, if Hank decided to go forward anyway, stall the DEA until after the cancer kills Walt. Once Walt's dead and the DEA can't move forward, Skyler's money stash is safe.

This.

I don't understand the mentality of somebody whose first instinct is to nitpick the confession tape, and I don't want to understand.