Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

My memory is failing me. Why did Hank need his medical bills paid? You would think a DEA agent has top-notch insurance.

Do you even watch the show?

Sorry, jerkoff. I missed it. Sue me. Now get back to asking another two thousand ridiculous hypothetical questions in The Sopranos thread.

Dude, calm down. I'm just saying that you have 700+ posts in here (and even more in the Sopranos thread) but you don't recall Marie #####ing about the medical bills and how the insurance wouldn't pay for the right treatment multiple episodes or it being specifically asked and answered last night during the most or second most important scene of the episode?

ETA: At least none of my questions or hypos on the Sopranos involved AJ taking over or Patsy Parisi being the new boss of NJ (not that you agreed with either of those things).

Edited by Leeroy Jenkins
  • Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read here. And I'm fully caught up on the Trump thread. 

Even the baby's acting in this show was top notch. 

They still advertising Low Winter Sun?

what is the deal with cigarette?

I saw episode where it was missing, Walt rolled another ricin loaded one, and planted it in Jesse's roomba...

than Jesse finds it in his pocket, and goes berserk in lawyer's office, saying Walt poisoned Brock...

but the FBI released Jesse when he was suspect earlier for telling mother/girlfriend possible ricin, mentioning lily of the valley berries caused accidental poisoning...

there was a key reveal where you see plant in Walt's yard (and later when he puts in trunk to hide), and you realize he was responsible for poisoning the kid, to manipulate Jesse (and through this, Jesse is prompted to remember the retired cartel member in wheel chair, which ultimately leads to Gus's death)...

how does missing and refound cigarette bear on the previously accepted story that Brock accidentally ate lily of the valley berries...

is this a plot hole, wasn't well explained, or i am missing something?

* the video taped confession was one of the best moments of the show, great writing and acting...

there has been a recurring flash forward (starts with close up of some kind of spiral shaped hanging ornament) that shows two bodies covered in driveway next to Walt's car... i take it we are supposed to think it is Walt and Skyler, but that seems too pat, more likely misdirection... who are the flash forward bodies?

I saw episode where it was missing, Walt rolled another ricin loaded one, and planted it in Jesse's roomba...

than Jesse finds it in his pocket, and goes berserk in lawyer's office, saying Walt poisoned Brock...

but the FBI released Jesse when he was suspect earlier for telling mother/girlfriend possible ricin, mentioning lily of the valley berries caused accidental poisoning...

there was a key reveal where you see plant in Walt's yard (and later when he puts in trunk to hide), and you realize he was responsible for poisoning the kid, to manipulate Jesse (and through this, Jesse is prompted to remember the retired cartel member in wheel chair, which ultimately leads to Gus's death)...

how does missing and refound cigarette bear on the previously accepted story that Brock accidentally ate lily of the valley berries...

OH COME ON

He had suspicions of exactly what happened, except Walt poisoned him with Lily of the Valley instead of the ricin. Otherwise it went down as Jesse suspected. Had Saul not confirmed to Walt that he had the cig lifted from his pocket, Walt's story would still hold up. We could ask why that was necessary to get Jesse involved though. Couldn't Walt have convinced Jesse that Gus poisoned Brock to get to him without having lifted the ricin? It's not like Walt gets Jesse to think that Gus used the ricin, just that Gus poisoned Brock and used kids again to get to Jesse.

You could probably argue that it wasn't well explained; I disagree.

You're also a little off on a few things from last night: Jesse didn't find the ricin cigarette. He realized his weed was stolen, and when he grabbed his cigarette pack, he remembered the events of a few months ago.

So then you need to remember that Jesse was ready to kill Walt, as he was working with Gus. The original ricin cigarette pickpocketing is what led to the chain of events where Jesse no longer suspected Walt (because it wasn't ricin that poisoned Brock) and then helped him eliminate Gus.

The Saul/Sam Jackson Talking Bad is sitting on my DVR. Worth watching?

The part involving the actor that is actually on the show is.

Chris Hardwick surprised me. He actually asked Jackson a couple of follow up questions that got Jackson to answer more than a one word answer. It was enjoyable listening to both Bob Odenkirk and Samuel L Jackson.

Worth the watch

Walt didn't make a 2nd ricin cigarette. He made a fake to plant in the roomba

Jesse didnt find the ricin cigarette in his pocket (remember Walt still has the ricin hidden behind the light switch). Jesse found the weed was missing and he put two and two together that he WAS right along that Huell liften the ricin cigarette

Edited by shadyridr

Ok please explain this to me:

Walt tricked Jesse into thinking that Fring had poisoned his girlfriend's son Brock by having Saul's bodyguard swipe a ricin-laced cigarette from Jesse's pocket,

BUT Brock was poisoned with the Lilly of the Valley plant not Ricen and by Walt and not Fring,

Soooooo how did Jessie see that Walt poisoned Brock with a Lilly of the Valley (NOT RICEN) when the bodyguard stole Jesse's pot.

Someone please answer this - it is killing me.

Couldn't Walt have convinced Jesse that Gus poisoned Brock to get to him without having lifted the ricin? It's not like Walt gets Jesse to think that Gus used the ricin, just that Gus poisoned Brock and used kids again to get to Jesse.

no

they just thought Brock was sick until Jesse realized the ricin was missing

this was edited/added to above post, but may have been buried...

the video taped confession was one of the best moments of the show, great writing and acting...

there has been a recurring flash forward (starts with close up of some kind of spiral shaped hanging ornament) that shows two bodies covered in driveway next to Walt's car... i take it we are supposed to think it is Walt and Skyler, but that seems too pat, more likely misdirection... who are the flash forward bodies?

Ok please explain this to me:

Walt tricked Jesse into thinking that Fring had poisoned his girlfriend's son Brock by having Saul's bodyguard swipe a ricin-laced cigarette from Jesse's pocket,

BUT Brock was poisoned with the Lilly of the Valley plant not Ricen and by Walt and not Fring,

Soooooo how did Jessie see that Walt poisoned Brock with a Lilly of the Valley (NOT RICEN) when the bodyguard stole Jesse's pot.

Someone please answer this - it is killing me.

Jesse realized that Walt used the missing ricin to manipulate him against Gus. To have Brock get sick at the same time and when Wlat needed Jesse the most is too much of a coincidence.

the video taped confession was one of the best moments of the show, great writing and acting...

Huh?

• Like 1

Yes, the very last think a DEA low level supervisor would do is further his "legitimate" career by progressively wiping out his drug competition to expand his secret drug operation. And that each promotion he gets and accolades he gets amasses him more and more power to move against competition at a higher level and is given more and more discretion by his superiors because he's seen as a riser and a closer at work.

Again, notice the pattern of death around Hank.

- Hank is the last to see Tuco alive. And more than that, ends his life in a shootout. Making Hank the hero and wiping out his competition. Ironically the blue meth after that, it's distribution goes wider

- Hank is the subject of no less than three attacks or potential attacks. First the turtle bombing, where Hank miraculously survives but almost everyone else there is killed or maimed. The twins come to kill him, right as he is disarmed and seen as without his DEA protection. His reasoning for survival is he gets a phone call warning him, but he doesn't know who it is or why.

-The threat against him that is credible enough from Fring where DEA agents are guarding him, then suddenly Fring is blown to bits and so is the old guy in the wheelchair. The last person to see wheelchair guy? Hank.

- Hank is one of the last people to talk to Mike Ermentrout. The guy disappears off the face of the planet.

- Hank is one of the last people to talk to Mike's men, and when it seems one is prime to flip and rat out Fring's operation, suddenly all are killed, and the one most likely to sing is burned alive in his cell.

- Not to mention, that Radio Shack style GPS tracker, it still requires some type of software, some kind of digital footprint is left behind. How is Hank going to explain using a private tracker on Fring and then again on Walt when his boss told him to leave Fring alone. Walt can use this against Hank, saying Hank forced Walt to be part of that.

- How did Hank pay for all those expensive medical bills? Ones that clearly outstripped his ability to earn and even combined with his wifes. His best cover story is Walts story, that Walt a mild mannered dying Chemistry teacher turned into a gambling savant and then turned into a car wash king.

- Gomez might not have reported it,but he remembers when Hank flies off the handle, walks into a bar to instigate a fight.

- His wife is privately known as a shoplifter and thief, but Hank consistently gets her a pass or uses his law enforcement pals to get her off with a pass.

Hank keeps reopening a case that made his career, that is seen as some kind of miracle that Hank could have this powerful intuition that veteran DEA agents with decades on the job aren't picking up on themselves, and each time, more and more people are dying at a higher and higher level on the drug foodchain and now the blue meth has become a global problem. Each time Hank reopens the case, the blue meth spreads farther and faster and wider.

There is only one true "endgame" from a writers standpoint. Everything Walt has been involved in, Hank has been involved in, but mostly without Hank's knowledge.

Hank has a bald head/shaved head like Heisenberg.

Hank has all the information through his job to meet connections in the drug world.

Hank has all the experience with drugs to be a credible ring leader of a massive drug operation

Hank has been at the center of a lot "violence" regarding the blue meth. He shot Tuco to death. He killed the twins in the parking lot. He was the one who persisted on Gus Fring, and he was the last person to see Fring before he blew up in a nursing home. As a drug lord, Hank has motive to kill all his rivals, including all the cartel members.

Hank "survived" the turtle/Danny Trejo head bombing, which killed a ton of law enforcement agents. What a coincidence.

Hank "knew" which evidence holding area had the laptop, and had it destroyed.

Hank would have the connections and means through law enforcement to conduct a multi stage hit across several facilities all at once.

Hank has many expensive rehab and medical bills paid for, but it's not commensurate with his actual income. His only contention is that his brother in law and sister in law, one with cancer, the other only a part time book keeper, were able to keep him afloat with gambling money.

Hank beat Jesse Pinkman, someone at the center of all of this mess. Miraculously Pinkman recants wanting to press charges. Miraculously as Hank looks to lose his badge, he's a hero for killing the twins.

Hank "forces" Walt and Skylar to run the carwash to launder money, to distance himself from it, threatening them to do it. Hank "takes in" Walt's kids as leverage and to threaten him.

Walt's ONLY play is saddle the Heisenberg personality and activity onto Hank.

Hank is the only truly moral and redeeming character in the entire show. He was willing to take in Walt's kids. He was willing to take responsibility for Skylar and the children financially if Walt died. Even when he beat Pinkman, he was remorseful and acknowledged maybe he should lose his job. He has tried to guide and be a positive influence on "Flynn" The worst thing you could say about him is his treatment of his wife after he was shot.

In order for Walt to "break bad" and never come back from it, he has to burn down the only truly good man he knows. And he can always say that any involvement on his part was by being tricked by Hank or coerced by Hank or enticed by Hank to say that the exchange would be to take care of Walts family after he died. That Hank forced Walt to put a former student, Pinkman, on his radar to be used.

What is more plausible to the press and law enforcement? A veteran DEA supervisor "breaks bad" and becomes a powerful underground drug lord or that a mild mannered Chemistry teacher, a dying one with a crippled son and a newborn, with a wife with limited job prospects with no connections and no criminal history would be one of the most powerful people in the entire drug trade across the world?

Yawn

I'm assuming this BUMP means you were right about ... whatever? Good thing your posts are excruciatingly verbose and impossible to read, otherwise you might have spoiled something.

What?

Are you talking about the Season 2 flash forwards?

Are you talking about the bodies from the plane crash in Season 2?

What?

yes, were those already resolved...

i watched all the episodes in a week, so they may be blurring together, and i missed that denouement...

i should have mentioned earlier it was from season 1 or 2...

What?

i watched all the episodes in a week, so they may be blurring together, and i missed that denouement...

those are bodies from the plane crash

Those were bodies from the plane crash in season 2.

What?

Plane crash survivor.

I think those may have had something to do with the plane crash in season 2. Just a guess.

What?

Plane crash survivor.

:lmao: Dean Norris is awesome.

Wait, when was there a plane crash? Did I miss something?

The planes colliding over ABQ because Jesse's dead girlfriend's air traffic controller father screwed up because he was still messed up over the death of his daughter.

Wow, that was a pretty epic runon sentence there. Calling a :penalty: on myself, but not changing it because blah.

Edited by Brady Marino

The planes colliding over ABQ because Jesse's dead girlfriend's air traffic controller father screwed up because he was still messed up over the death of his daughter.

Homer will be so happy you cleared that up for him.

I didn't read above that point. #workproblems

I didn't read above that point. #workproblems

;)

That scene with Jesse in Saul's office yelling to tell him to calm down one more time reminded me of Pulp Fiction. Is this why he was on Talking Bad? I think the writers ought to come up with original stuff if they can.

I did like the juxtaposition in the opening of Todd going through how awesome and meticulous Walt was in planning the train heist... "water and methlymine weigh different, and he'd figured out exactly how much of each...", yet, the Aryans are walking around in public with evidence of their murder spree on their shoes, and parked a half-tank of the stuff outside a diner while they shot the breeze over coffee and pancakes.

I did like the juxtaposition in the opening of Todd going through how awesome and meticulous Walt was in planning the train heist... "water and methlymine weigh different, and he'd figured out exactly how much of each...", yet, the Aryans are walking around in public with evidence of their murder spree on their shoes, and parked a half-tank of the stuff outside a diner while they shot the breeze over coffee and pancakes.

and the fact he went over every detail of the story but glossed over the kid being shot

Wow, that was a pretty epic runon sentence there. Calling a :penalty: on myself, but not changing it because blah.

What the hell is ABQ?

What the hell is ABQ?

I believe it's the new sandwich from Arby's.

I don't see how Walt owning the car wash and having some cash hurts his taped confession. Its easy enough to claim that the real owner of the car wash isn't Walt, but infact its Hank. The title is in Walt's name for appearances only. Everything merely a front.

What the hell is ABQ?

Weird Al's longest song

I don't see how Walt owning the car wash and having some cash hurts his taped confession. Its easy enough to claim that the real owner of the car wash isn't Walt, but infact its Hank. The title is in Walt's name for appearances only. Everything merely a front.

Walt owns a car wash? Am I missing something?

That scene with Jesse in Saul's office yelling to tell him to calm down one more time reminded me of Pulp Fiction. Is this why he was on Talking Bad? I think the writers ought to come up with original stuff if they can.

No, it was because it was just like that scene where Mace Windu is yelling at the Emperor.

Um...I don't think you understand the concept of laundering money. If you do it just to hand it off under the counter to someone else, well... :oldunsure: