What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (7 Viewers)

Wait, when was there a plane crash? Did I miss something?
The planes colliding over ABQ because Jesse's dead girlfriend's air traffic controller father screwed up because he was still messed up over the death of his daughter.

Wow, that was a pretty epic runon sentence there. Calling a :penalty: on myself, but not changing it because blah.
What the hell is ABQ?
I prefer BBQ's, myself.

The planes colliding over ABQ because Jesse's dead girlfriend's air traffic controller father screwed up because he was still messed up over the death of his daughter.

Wow, that was a pretty epic runon sentence there. Calling a :penalty: on myself, but not changing it because blah.
What the hell is ABQ?
It's the airport code for Phoenix, where the show is based.

I don't see how Walt owning the car wash and having some cash hurts his taped confession. Its easy enough to claim that the real owner of the car wash isn't Walt, but infact its Hank. The title is in Walt's name for appearances only. Everything merely a front.
Um...I don't think you understand the concept of laundering money. If you do it just to hand it off under the counter to someone else, well... :oldunsure:
I'm sure I do understand the concept of laundering money. The concept is to provide a seemingly legitimate means of spending beyond what you could normally afford, like say a charitable gift between family members.

I think you're overstating the importance of who's name is on the car wash title and who's paying the taxes on that money. Plus, as we know an operation the size of Walt's generates far more revenue than any small business could launder. So Walt having some visible cash isn't nearly enough compared to how much the kingpin should have made.

What the hell is ABQ?
Apple Barbecue. There's a brisket for that.

I don't see how Walt owning the car wash and having some cash hurts his taped confession. Its easy enough to claim that the real owner of the car wash isn't Walt, but infact its Hank. The title is in Walt's name for appearances only. Everything merely a front.
Um...I don't think you understand the concept of laundering money. If you do it just to hand it off under the counter to someone else, well... :oldunsure:
I'm sure I do understand the concept of laundering money. The concept is to provide a seemingly legitimate means of spending beyond what you could normally afford, like say a charitable gift between family members.

I think you're overstating the importance of who's name is on the car wash title and who's paying the taxes on that money. Plus, as we know an operation the size of Walt's generates far more revenue than any small business could launder. So Walt having some visible cash isn't nearly enough compared to how much the kingpin should have made.
How long do you think a charitable gift between family members could go on? Once Hank left the hospital, the rationale dries up, don't you think?

How long do you think a charitable gift between family members could go on? Once Hank left the hospital, the rationale dries up, don't you think?
Hank, like Fring, isn't trying to live beyond his means. However, he needed a significant cash infusion to afford his treatment. Other than that he's been extremely careful.

I did like the juxtaposition in the opening of Todd going through how awesome and meticulous Walt was in planning the train heist... "water and methlymine weigh different, and he'd figured out exactly how much of each...", yet, the Aryans are walking around in public with evidence of their murder spree on their shoes, and parked a half-tank of the stuff outside a diner while they shot the breeze over coffee and pancakes.
I am pretty sure thats not a coincidence that we see that tank as they pull away. Foreshadowing

I'd imagine your point is the one Walt would try to make.

But the bold is important. Walt would be trying to weave one wild tale, with the kingpin not show much profit from the venture (other than the treatment).

Anyway, we shouldn't be talking about this. This thread is for making tired jokes about a poor question tim asked 30 pages ago.

First Jesse give money away and then Skyler tries to give money away (incorrect change, my ###!)
Actually, that's a great catch. She's feeling guilty and her subconscious is acting on that. Maybe she will be the weak link in the end after all.

First Jesse give money away and then Skyler tries to give money away (incorrect change, my ###!)
Actually, that's a great catch. She's feeling guilty and her subconscious is acting on that. Maybe she will be the weak link in the end after all.
Certainly seems possible. She definitely seem terribly comfortable going from "say nothing" to "pin it all on my sister's husband".

When she comes home and stops Jesse from blazing the house because Walt poisoned a kid, that should sway her a little more.

Last edited by a moderator:

But the bold is important. Walt would be trying to weave one wild tale, with the kingpin not show much profit from the venture (other than the treatment).

Anyway, we shouldn't be talking about this. This thread is for making tired jokes about a poor question tim asked 30 pages ago.
But it really isn't important, because it's not like they're going to go before a judge or a panel and argue about who was the kingpin some time soon. The purpose of the confession was to present enough complications to corner Hank and force him to back off for now. Hank might think he'd win the argument if there ever were one like that, and he might even be correct, but that doesn't matter at all. The tape beats Hank to the punch. Hank was having enough trouble compiling credible evidence to take to the feds before; how does it look if he does it after Walt records a tearful confession about his brother in law destroying his life? Even if he'd eventually be vindicated, it would now take far longer than before and Walt would almost certainly be long dead.

I did like the juxtaposition in the opening of Todd going through how awesome and meticulous Walt was in planning the train heist... "water and methlymine weigh different, and he'd figured out exactly how much of each...", yet, the Aryans are walking around in public with evidence of their murder spree on their shoes, and parked a half-tank of the stuff outside a diner while they shot the breeze over coffee and pancakes.
I am pretty sure thats not a coincidence that we see that tank as they pull away. Foreshadowing
I also thinks it's worth noting that the tank appeared to be about half full...so one half of the barrel (we assume) has been cooked. Apparently, that was done in a few months and netted Walt 6 barrels of cash.

But it really isn't important, because it's not like they're going to go before a judge or a panel and argue about who was the kingpin some time soon. The purpose of the confession was to present enough complications to corner Hank and force him to back off for now. Hank might think he'd win the argument if there ever were one like that, and he might even be correct, but that doesn't matter at all. The tape beats Hank to the punch. Hank was having enough trouble compiling credible evidence to take to the feds before; how does it look if he does it after Walt records a tearful confession about his brother in law destroying his life? Even if he'd eventually be vindicated, it would now take far longer than before and Walt would almost certainly be long dead.
I was mentioning it in terms of Hank going to the DEA. I know Walt mentions as something to be released if shows up murdered, but we can assume he'd take the same route if Hank went to the DEA (in which case Hank would've beat him to the punch).

I agree that it'll certainly prevent Hank from going to the DEA. I'm just not convinced he shouldn't, but that's probably been beat to death.

do you think something witll come from Huell and that other dude keeping some of Walts money (you know they did by how that scene went down) not sure why it would matter or what could possibly happen, but didn't it seem they wanted to exaggerate that point in the scene?

Maybe it was just comedy relief when Walt says "close enough" or whatever, but seemed like a buildup for something to me.

do you think something witll come from Huell and that other dude keeping some of Walts money (you know they did by how that scene went down) not sure why it would matter or what could possibly happen, but didn't it seem they wanted to exaggerate that point in the scene?

Maybe it was just comedy relief when Walt says "close enough" or whatever, but seemed like a buildup for something to me.
The only way I could think of it is if they took a bunch of it ($20K+) and got caught with it or spending it.

Or maybe they get caught with a bunch of money when Beneke rats them out.

This. Neither of the other two characters are significant enough to warrant a build-up to anything.

Edit: Not to get all snotty, but the previous scene where the two guys are laying on top of the big pile of money is literally Shakespearean. Shakespeare's plays usually include a scene or two in which low-ranking characters opine about events going on around them. (The gravedigger's "Yorick" speech in Hamlet is an example). That scene in the storage unit is exactly like that and serves the same purpose.

I was mentioning it in terms of Hank going to the DEA. I know Walt mentions as something to be released if shows up murdered, but we can assume he'd take the same route if Hank went to the DEA (in which case Hank would've beat him to the punch).

I agree that it'll certainly prevent Hank from going to the DEA. I'm just not convinced he shouldn't, but that's probably been beat to death.
No, the confession was already recorded and presumably has some sort of time stamp.

He doesn't need to do that. Walt can claim that the real owner of the car wash is Walt, and he bought it with money he made cooking meth.

This. Neither of the other two characters are significant enough to warrant a build-up to anything.
Probably, but Bill Burr's been seen by two of the people that would most love to assist in any sort of investigation into Walt.

Unlikely, I agree, but it wouldn't take much plot to get them involved.

Beneke and the car wash guy would be legitimate stops on Hank's way of trying to get more information (the EPA thing would sound flimsy immediately) He's also had agents camped on Saul's office, so connecting Huell and Burr to Saul wouldn't be a huge problem.

He doesn't need to do that. Walt can claim that the real owner of the car wash is Walt, and he bought it with money he made cooking meth.
You lost me.

I also thinks it's worth noting that the tank appeared to be about half full...so one half of the barrel (we assume) has been cooked. Apparently, that was done in a few months and netted Walt 6 barrels of cash.
I think it's implied that Walt turned over his operation, including the tank, to Declan and/or Lydia with Todd as the cook. Declan replaced Todd with another cook, but they've still been working off of that tank.

You lost me.
He's saying that Walt doesn't need to come up with any stories to explain the car wash. He can tell the truth about the car wash without poking any holes in his "confession."

You lost me.
Walt can say that he owns a car wash, and his story will check out because -- and this is where it gets a bit tricky -- he does in fact own a car wash.

The only way I see the nazis factoring in is that the blue is still on the street so conceivably Walt and hank can work together to save hanks career and clear Walt by taking them down together. Otherwise, I only see them factoring in if hank gets word to them that Walt has flipped. That said, hank doesn't know about them at the moment.

Any other possible loose ends need attention?

Ted?

Mikes daughter?

Kid on bike getting shot?

Are we assuming Walt took a trip to NH?

Did the DL he showed the waitress have his name? Did we even see a name? I can't recall.

No, the confession was already recorded and presumably has some sort of time stamp.
I'd still consider Hank taking his suspicions and that video (confirming them) to the DEA as beating Walt to the punch on it. Not as good as taking his suspicions in immediately, but at least it was after his meltdown and having agents take him Heisenberg case files to his garage. Hank would need them to believe that video was made after he became suspicious, and there's evidence to support that.

Certainly far better than that video showing up at the DEA without Hank ever mentioning his suspicions, which would only happen in the gutted Walt scenario.

I don't think hank is smart enough to outsmart Walt on going to the Dea. He's smart but he doesn't want to clear his name - he also wants to catch Walt.

I'd still consider Hank taking his suspicions and that video (confirming them) to the DEA as beating Walt to the punch on it. Not as good as taking his suspicions in immediately, but at least it was after his meltdown and having agents take him Heisenberg case files to his garage. Hank would need them to believe that video was made after he became suspicious, and there's evidence to support that.

Certainly far better than that video showing up at the DEA without Hank ever mentioning his suspicions, which would only happen in the gutted Walt scenario.
The fact that the confession exists is evidence that hank knew about Walt and withheld it from the DEA long enough for walt to come up with a DVD.

The fact that the confession exists is evidence that hank knew about Walt and withheld it from the DEA long enough for walt to come up with a DVD.
Sure, I wanted him to take "Leaves of Grass" straight from the can to the DEA.

But he still might be able to get around it, saying he wanted to get some actual evidence (which Walt just gave him) before bringing it to them.

It's not ideal, but if the DEA is ever going to learn of Walt's involvement, Hank's only shot is bringing it to them before they find out some other way.

This video is just more proof that every day he waits is a mistake.

Walt's put him in a terrible spot, and that's not lost on me. I just think coming clean is still his best option between a couple of awful ones.

Edit: Not to get all snotty, but the previous scene where the two guys are laying on top of the big pile of money is literally Shakespearean. Shakespeare's plays usually include a scene or two in which low-ranking characters opine about events going on around them. (The gravedigger's "Yorick" speech in Hamlet is an example). That scene in the storage unit is exactly like that and serves the same purpose.
Where was the skull? Did Huell lay on it?

(I may have missed this.)

The only way I see the nazis factoring in is that the blue is still on the street so conceivably Walt and hank can work together to save hanks career and clear Walt by taking them down together. Otherwise, I only see them factoring in if hank gets word to them that Walt has flipped. That said, hank doesn't know about them at the moment.
I don't think Lydia's overseas buyers are going to take Todd's product, bringing them back into play. I still think they are the true threat and unlike many of the others in the show will prove to be immune to Walt's manipulation (just my speculation)

Did Walt's confession mention Marie's klepto tendencies? Does he know about that...I know Skylar does. That could have been something else he added to the mix to scare Hank. Allude that Marie was going off the deep end due to her husband's activities and Hank got her off.

Users who are viewing this thread