Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read here. And I'm fully caught up on the Trump thread. 

Even the baby's acting in this show was top notch. 

They still advertising Low Winter Sun?

wow I have really been hooked on AMC stuff lately. Just got caught up with the entire Mad Men last few weeks and now saw season 1 of Breaking Bad which was even better then MM IMO

Since you're hooked on AMC: Rubicon is very slow, but I think it's an amazing series.

wow I have really been hooked on AMC stuff lately. Just got caught up with the entire Mad Men last few weeks and now saw season 1 of Breaking Bad which was even better then MM IMO

I'm 1.5 seasons into Mad Men and, so far, I would agree.

about to finish season 2, can someone explain to me the scene with the exploding turtle. after Hank got a bit sick after seeing the head, all the agents then laughed their as@es off saying it was a fake head, so i assumed they were in on it right? then it explodes and mayhem, so it was a fake head? And can we take from here they have pulled these pranks in the past?

Since you're hooked on AMC: Rubicon is very slow, but I think it's an amazing series.
funny you say that, a buddy of mine made me watch it, and i watched the Whole Rubican a month back. Was a good show but completely starting sucking near the finale. After watching MM and BB Rubicon is borderline unwatchable now compared to these masterpieces.With AMC starting off their programming debut's with Mad Men and Breaking Bad, thats like an expansion team starting off their squad with a young Peyton Manning and LT

about to finish season 2, can someone explain to me the scene with the exploding turtle. after Hank got a bit sick after seeing the head, all the agents then laughed their as@es off saying it was a fake head, so i assumed they were in on it right? then it explodes and mayhem, so it was a fake head? And can we take from here they have pulled these pranks in the past?

I've always thought it was a real head and the agents laughed because they have thicker skin than Hank and thought it was funny as Tortuga was a low life informant anyway. I believe the Mexican cartel was responsible for the act. It just further showed that Hank didn't fit in with the agents in El Paso. In ABQ he's a big fish in a small pond whereas in El Paso he was an outcast.

I've always thought it was a real head and the agents laughed because they have thicker skin than Hank and thought it was funny as Tortuga was a low life informant anyway. I believe the Mexican cartel was responsible for the act. It just further showed that Hank didn't fit in with the agents in El Paso. In ABQ he's a big fish in a small pond whereas in El Paso he was an outcast.
:goodposting: I don't remember them saying it was a fake head, I thought they were just laughing at Hank's reaction.

I don't remember them saying anything about a fake head.IIRC, the agents knew it was the rat's head, and they were all making fun of Hank for getting sick. I assumed all the agents (other than Hank) were hardened dea agents who had seen similar if not worse things regularly since they were on the front lines of the drug war. Thus, they found it funny that the new guy was getting queasy just seeing a severed head.The cartel was responsible for the bomb with their goal being to kill/maim as many agents as possible.

Thanks for clearing that up, thought someone said something about a fake head, but I was wrong.

Also in season one after they left the gas mask by crime scene, the next day they had two again, did they ever explain how they got another one?

funny you say that, a buddy of mine made me watch it, and i watched the Whole Rubican a month back. Was a good show but completely starting sucking near the finale. After watching MM and BB Rubicon is borderline unwatchable now compared to these masterpieces.With AMC starting off their programming debut's with Mad Men and Breaking Bad, thats like an expansion team starting off their squad with a young Peyton Manning and LT
That's too bad. I agree it's not nearly as good as Breaking Bad and Mad Men. But I do think Rubicon is still vastly superior to most network dramas.

That's too bad. I agree it's not nearly as good as Breaking Bad and Mad Men. But I do think Rubicon is still vastly superior to most network dramas.
wrong thread for this but you dont feel the Rubicon finale was about as horrible a finale they could have done? Listen to the podcast from Sepinwall on it, he totally broke down just how horrible it was considering how great the previous 5 episodes were before itAnyways, Breaking bad is the shiznit

wrong thread for this but you dont feel the Rubicon finale was about as horrible a finale they could have done? Listen to the podcast from Sepinwall on it, he totally broke down just how horrible it was considering how great the previous 5 episodes were before itAnyways, Breaking bad is the shiznit
Would love to discuss it, but I am a bit behind. I have about five episodes left. It's the reason I've stayed away from the Rubicon thread I started here even though I've been eager to discuss the show.

In middle of season three now, just saying Badger doesn't get much props from what I have read here. Dude just kills in every scene he is in. That opening scene he had with the nerdy undercover cop was a riot. Him in that costume was golden, when he compared Jesse to the chocolate factory I was in tears

• 3 weeks later...

So amazing that it got canceled.
They never cancel good shows :goodposting:
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I'm catching up with this show. Episodes 3 and 4 of season 3 on AMC last night. Needless to say this is a great series. Probably only second to Mad Men right now.

But I have to say that I'm disappointed by something they've been doing in season 3. It's the twins. The best thing they can some up with is this pair of silent, emotionless killing machines? It just seems unimaginative and cliche. Almost cartoon-like. Anybody else?

So I'm catching up with this show. Episodes 3 and 4 of season 3 on AMC last night. Needless to say this is a great series. Probably only second to Mad Men right now. But I have to say that I'm disappointed by something they've been doing in season 3. It's the twins. The best thing they can some up with is this pair of silent, emotionless killing machines? It just seems unimaginative and cliche. Almost cartoon-like. Anybody else?

Hang in there.

So I'm catching up with this show. Episodes 3 and 4 of season 3 on AMC last night. Needless to say this is a great series. Probably only second to Mad Men right now. But I have to say that I'm disappointed by something they've been doing in season 3. It's the twins. The best thing they can some up with is this pair of silent, emotionless killing machines? It just seems unimaginative and cliche. Almost cartoon-like. Anybody else?

Hang in there.
:shock: Does one of them give a speech or something?

It's funny how individual tastes vary. I couldn't stand the screaming lunatic drug dealer in the previous season. I much prefer these two :shrug:

It's funny how individual tastes vary. I couldn't stand the screaming lunatic drug dealer in the previous season. I much prefer these two :shrug:
Yeah Tuco bugged me too. I just think it's too gimmicky. Sort of a Robert Rodriguez/Coen Bros rip off or something.
  • 2 weeks later...

some memorable scenes:The ending of "One Minute" just intenseThe The Tortuga Tortoise..."Family is all" (Uncle tio and the twins as kids)Mike's "no half measures" speech

All good ones. Also:Jane's death (probably my vote for most intense scene in a TV show. Branston delivered his best acting in this scene without saying a word)Jesse on the ladder trying to swat the flyWalt blowing up Tuco's buildingMike telling Walt to go into the lab and Walt's plan unfoldingJesse recalling the wooden box he made in high schoolThe ending of One Minute and Jane's death are my two favorites. Up there with Adriana getting shot in the Sopranos, #### getting shot in the Sopranos, String getting hunted down in the Wire, Michael taking out Snoop in the Wire, and Draper giving the Carousel pitch in Mad Men as the best scenes I've seen in a TV show when considering everything that led up to them and how they were executed.

some memorable scenes:The ending of "One Minute" just intenseThe The Tortuga Tortoise..."Family is all" (Uncle tio and the twins as kids)Mike's "no half measures" speech

Love all of these moments, especially Tortuga. Great stuff. This is definitely one of the greatest shows I've ever seen. :thumbup:Also loved it when:

Walt is piecing together the broken pieces of the plate and realizes he has to kill the dealer he's held captive in his basement. I remember watching that and being like "Daaaaaaaaaammmmmmnnnnnnnnnnn........"

The whole scene at the junkyard...

the Junkyard lawyer, Jesse calling Hank "#####"Walt's desperationThe look on Hank's face when he realizes that he's been had

some memorable scenes:

The ending of "One Minute" just intense

The The Tortuga Tortoise...

"Family is all" (Uncle tio and the twins as kids)

Mike's "no half measures" speech

All good ones. Also:

Jane's death (probably my vote for most intense scene in a TV show. Branston delivered his best acting in this scene without saying a word)

Jesse on the ladder trying to swat the fly

Walt blowing up Tuco's building

Mike telling Walt to go into the lab and Walt's plan unfolding

Jesse recalling the wooden box he made in high school

The ending of One Minute and Jane's death are my two favorites. Up there with Adriana getting shot in the Sopranos, #### getting shot in the Sopranos, String getting hunted down in the Wire, Michael taking out Snoop in the Wire, and Draper giving the Carousel pitch in Mad Men as the best scenes I've seen in a TV show when considering everything that led up to them and how they were executed.

seriously?! Thanks #######, I purposefully have been avoiding the wire thread as I'm midway trough season 4z

Thanks a lot you ####### #####.

some memorable scenes:The ending of "One Minute" just intense

I watched the rerun of One Minute tonight. That whole episode is incredible.
:thumbup: Hank has a number of memorable scenes and Jesse's scene where he tells Walt how he has lost everything he ever cared about since they got together is one of Aaron Paul's best moments in the show to date. The only problem I have is with how slow the parking lot scene unfolds. Great for building suspense, but not very realistic.

some memorable scenes:

I watched the rerun of One Minute tonight. That whole episode is incredible.
:thumbup:

Hank has a number of memorable scenes and Jesse's scene where he tells Walt how he has lost everything he ever cared about since they got together is one of Aaron Paul's best moments in the show to date.

The only problem I have is with how slow the parking lot scene unfolds. Great for building suspense, but not very realistic.

I was thinking the same thing. And I'm glad the twins are gone. That human-terminator shtick is old and tired.

some memorable scenes:

All good ones. Also:

Jane's death (probably my vote for most intense scene in a TV show. Branston delivered his best acting in this scene without saying a word)

The ending of One Minute and Jane's death are my two favorites. Up there with Adriana getting shot in the Sopranos, #### getting shot in the Sopranos, String getting hunted down in the Wire, Michael taking out Snoop in the Wire, and Draper giving the Carousel pitch in Mad Men as the best scenes I've seen in a TV show when considering everything that led up to them and how they were executed.

seriously?! Thanks #######, I purposefully have been avoiding the wire thread as I'm midway trough season 4z

That's the price we pay for catching up with these shows 5 years after they aired. I ran into a Wire season 5 spoiler somewhere I never would have expected. And one for The Shield:

A couple days before starting the series I heard about Lem geting killed by a friend. But for some reason, while I was watching, I was thinking it was Shane that I read in the spoiler. So I was waiting 7 seasons for Shane to be killed, and it never happened.

some memorable scenes:

All good ones. Also:

:lmao:

Oh yeah...Kristin shot J.R. and 'Rosebud' is a sled.