What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (2 Viewers)

You'd have to think there is one more big "chemistry" moment. My bet is Jesse gassing the Nazis and or Walt. Gassing Nazis would have a certain poetic justice to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd have to think there is one more big "chemistry" moment. My bet is Jesse gassing the Nazis and or Walt. Gassing Nazis would have a certain poetic justice to it.
I'm thinking if there is it would be the chemistry Walt used on Krazy 8 and his cousin in the RV.

I'm thinking if there is it would be the chemistry Walt used on Krazy 8 and his cousin in the RV.
That was my thought. Jesse would do that and then escape
My thought as well. Their laissez-faire attitude toward wearing the protective gear probably served as foreshadowing for something like this.

Even if she gets an immunity deal, she can't testify about anything her husband told her without his consent. And in most states she couldn't testify about anything Walt did absent the assault charge. Maybe some of the conspiracy to launder money, though you run into issues with attorney privilege (Saul) there.
Huh?
Skyler can testify against Walt on the charge that Walt hit Skyler. She can't testify against Walt on charges that Walt did stuff to people who aren't Skyler.
Why not?
Spousal privilege.

First, to clarify, she could testify to stuff she saw Walt do if she wanted to testify. But she couldn't be forced to testify. A person cannot be forced to testify against his or her spouse in a criminal matter.

Assuming she wanted to testify, she could not testify about anything that Walt told her. She could testify only to stuff that she has independent knowledge of.

But almost everything truly incriminating that she knows on the most serious charges, she knows only because Walt told her stuff.
I'd offer that money laundering and tax evasion are pretty significant.

The way Gilligan and the cast have talked about these final episodes, something batsh-t crazy has to happen.

Marie, distraught over Hank being dead, takes one of his guns and blows her brains out?

Junior finally gets that job at Los Pollos Hermanos, then gets distracted and burns the whole place down, killing himself and a dozen others?
"So much chicken...so few waffles." :(

Related: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/595/445/a93.jpg
:lmao:

They should all get Oscars, because there is no way any movie can top this season.

But seriously, regarding the Emmys: Best Drama, Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor, Best Supporting Actress have to all be a lock. Not sure if they do Best Writing or Editing/Directing, but those should be locks as well. Nothing else even comes close.
LolCome on now...

Skyler is running a distant third in almost every prediction column out there. They say Saul from Homeland is going to take out Paul, which would be ridiculous (although he is excellent).

Cranston is clearly deserving, but that is the most competitive category of them all.

And, they don't even have a nominee for BSA!
The Emmys this Sunday are for the first 8 episodes shown last summer. Skylar is going to get one for the final 8 performance next September.
Good catch

They should all get Oscars, because there is no way any movie can top this season.

But seriously, regarding the Emmys: Best Drama, Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor, Best Supporting Actress have to all be a lock. Not sure if they do Best Writing or Editing/Directing, but those should be locks as well. Nothing else even comes close.
It should get a slew of technical Emmys as well. Sound and cinematography are top notch.

Serious question : has anyone seen a legit reviewer who has panned it at all this season?
The AVClub ran a contrarian essay (not by their usual tv reviewer) panning the show.
A lot of their regulars jumped ship for the Pitchfork movie spin-off. I read the recap of this last episode of BB by someone I'd never heard of and it was really bad.
This wasn't a replacement for the recap. This was an essay (from the "For Your Consideration" series) arguing that Breaking Bad was overpraised and average (with particular emphasis arguing that it was inferior to The Shield).

I've found it.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-case-against-breaking-bad,101439/

Next two episodes are 75 minutes. Hopefully that's just not beefed up commercial time.
Plenty of time to squeeze in more "Low Winter Sun" promos.
It feels almost desperate how hard AMC is pushing this show. Then again they lose "Breaking Bad" at the end of this month and "Mad Men" at the end of next spring, so maybe they are desperate for another hit.
Oh, come on. They do it with all of their original shows.
After the way they've treated their show-runners, its no surprise that peopel aren't running to AMC.

myopic budget cutting really hurt them

Last edited by a moderator:
Next two episodes are 75 minutes. Hopefully that's just not beefed up commercial time.
It feels almost desperate how hard AMC is pushing this show. Then again they lose "Breaking Bad" at the end of this month and "Mad Men" at the end of next spring, so maybe they are desperate for another hit.
After the way they've treated their show-runners, its no surprise that peopel aren't running to AMC.

In fairness, Breaking Bad wasn't a "hit" (in terms of ratings) for the vast majority of its run. And Mad Men has never been a commercial hit. They've been critical successes, which is a different matter. Before the big ratings jump for Breaking Bad's final episodes, AMC had only had one hit. And that's The Walking Dead. Which explains why they've somehow greenlit a spinoff of that show (please be Walking Dead: Miami and cast David Caruso).

In fairness, Breaking Bad wasn't a "hit" (in terms of ratings) for the vast majority of its run. And Mad Men has never been a commercial hit. They've been critical successes, which is a different matter. Before the big ratings jump for Breaking Bad's final episodes, AMC had only had one hit. And that's The Walking Dead. Which explains why they've somehow greenlit a spinoff of that show (please be Walking Dead: Miami and cast David Caruso).
:thumbup:

Zombie David Caruso's head would hang at an even more unnatural angle.

Hell, I'd give them an outside shot at Best Documentary and Best Voice Acting In A Children's Animated Series.

Even if she gets an immunity deal, she can't testify about anything her husband told her without his consent. And in most states she couldn't testify about anything Walt did absent the assault charge. Maybe some of the conspiracy to launder money, though you run into issues with attorney privilege (Saul) there.
Huh?
Skyler can testify against Walt on the charge that Walt hit Skyler. She can't testify against Walt on charges that Walt did stuff to people who aren't Skyler.
Why not?
According to Wikipedia, my gold standard for legal information, "Two further scenarios apply to defeat the attachment of the spousal communications privilege: if the confidential communication was made in order to plan or commit crime or fraud..."
Well, this is where I'll defer to Zow. Walt didn't tell Skyler about meth in order to plan to produce meth. But he did tell her about meth in order to plan to launder money. So maybe that exemption applies. I don't know.
Eh, spousal privilege so rarely is ever brought up (I've never litigated it in five years) and I recall it being quite nuanced and different for each state.

But, I would agree that a spousal privilege motion by Walt regarding Skyler testifying (presumably to a testimonial agreement with the state) to their money laundering scheme would be denied because it's testimony of an actual crime, not Walt's out of court statements/confessions.

I think Hank/Gomez biting the big one and Jesse being taken as slave cook probably makes the most sense as a somewhat viable outcome next episode. That leaves Marie to trash the house after she finds out ol Hank didn't make it. Maybe Skylar turns on Walt too and that forces him to run.
Or Walt gets the M60 to save Jesse from the Aryans
:goodposting:
I'm sure Walt is Rambo with an M60. He'll mow those those Nazi's down like grass given all his experience handling automatic weapons. He wouldn't do something more subtle like use the ricin to kill them all or anything. Not his style.

Serious question : has anyone seen a legit reviewer who has panned it at all this season?
The AVClub ran a contrarian essay (not by their usual tv reviewer) panning the show.
A lot of their regulars jumped ship for the Pitchfork movie spin-off. I read the recap of this last episode of BB by someone I'd never heard of and it was really bad.
This wasn't a replacement for the recap. This was an essay (from the "For Your Consideration" series) arguing that Breaking Bad was overpraised and average (with particular emphasis arguing that it was inferior to The Shield).

I've found it.

Blasphemy.

I realize it's all subjective but I don't know how anyone can watch "Breaking Bad" and think it's an average show. It defies common sense really.

I realize it's all subjective but I don't know how anyone can watch "Breaking Bad" and think it's an average show. It defies common sense really.
You do realize there are hundreds of people out there willing to drive across country and pay 150 bucks to get a picture with Chloe Kardashian (or whichever one is the ####tiest), right?

I've found it.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Just sat a couple rows behind Gus Fring on a flight. Turns out he's alive and well, and arrived in NYC a short while ago...

I've found it.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
I read a few paragraphs, but then had to close the tab. It's trying way too hard.

I think Hank/Gomez biting the big one and Jesse being taken as slave cook probably makes the most sense as a somewhat viable outcome next episode. That leaves Marie to trash the house after she finds out ol Hank didn't make it. Maybe Skylar turns on Walt too and that forces him to run.
Or Walt gets the M60 to save Jesse from the Aryans
:goodposting:
I'm sure Walt is Rambo with an M60. He'll mow those those Nazi's down like grass given all his experience handling automatic weapons. He wouldn't do something more subtle like use the ricin to kill them all or anything. Not his style.
:whitedot:

We will find out shortly, I'm pretty sure he's not going skeet shooting

You do realize there are hundreds of people out there willing to drive across country and pay 150 bucks to get a picture with Chloe Kardashian (or whichever one is the ####tiest), right?
I was referring more to TV critics but yeah I'm aware of how little intelligence is displayed by many TV viewers.

I was referring more to TV critics but yeah I'm aware of how little intelligence is displayed by many TV viewers.
BOING

Isn't it awesome to be smarter than most people? I love my life.

Users who are viewing this thread