What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (5 Viewers)

D in the D said:
I have never watched before yesterday. My wife convinced me to give it a try.  Got through the first three episodes and wasn't impressed.  Everyone says it gets better......right now its like a bad comedy of errors and misunderstandings....like a Threes Company episode on meth.

When did it hook you guys?  SO many people telling me to hang it there, so I will, but wondering when its gonna click for me.
I would quit.  you're probably not going to like it when they switch out Hank for Don Knotts in season 4.

Opening scene of the premier.

What you're describing sounds more like The Wire. That took about five or six episodes before I really got into it (although on the second and third viewings, it was awesome right from the beginning).
 people with shorter attention spans find BB slow like The Wire and they find The Wire unwatchable. 

elbowrm said:
If 1.6 when we meet Tuco doesn't hook you, this show may not be your cup of tea.
This.  The first five episodes are all character building.  1.6 is when things really pick up.  If you don't like it by the end of this episode, it is okay to give up on it.  

Ted going from a confident, dashing business-owner to a pathetic, lovelorn, destitute wretch in the blink of an eye was a bit of a stretch.

i'm coming home from work early today to do colonoscopy prep. i'm disappointed that i will have missed "half measure" and  "full measure" by the time I get home.

DVRless, watching the final ep of Hollow Crown on PBS (fanTAStic, btw - Cumberbatch doing his best raptor impression as Richard III), hopping over to BB even tho there's no commercials so i dont miss cool scenes, i was struck how much fam #### was in that show and how absolutely little i ever cared one little bit about the fam #### in that show.

The show was at its worst after Gus died. Todd, his cousin etc. I've watched the series a few times now and more and more I wish they ended it after Gus died. 
The bad guys always get caught. Gus died ending would have been happier but the ending we got was more appropriate. 

I guess it's all a matter of when Saul plugged it back in, since he said he was gonna unplug after Walter got pissy about the dirty, deep and damp comment. 

Hilts said:
The bad guys always get caught. Gus died ending would have been happier but the ending we got was more appropriate. 
Yup. Not only did Walt need to be brought down, but Hank had to figure him out for the story to be right.

Users who are viewing this thread