What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (4 Viewers)

Don't Noonan said:
Jesse melting down always bothered me.  He is just over the top unstable
I agree with this 100%.  The whole lighting a joint in Saul's office thing felt really forced - and was a clumsy plot device used entirely to set up the whole Huell patdown/subsequent epiphany. 

Poor Hank.  He did a masterful job in setting up Walt over the course of several episodes there, only to be done in by Jack and his crew of nitwits showing up after Walt told them not to. 

Poor Hank.  He did a masterful job in setting up Walt over the course of several episodes there, only to be done in by Jack and his crew of nitwits showing up after Walt told them not to. 
Yeah.  Jack's crew of Neanderthals gets to reap all of Walt's rewards. So ####ty.  They get theirs though.  Man this show rocked

Those 5 seasons were a great ride.   I still remember the early days of this thread (season 1 and 2) when no one was watching and I was afraid it may get cancelled. 

What's the closest thing in terms of quality currently on tv?  I'd give Fargo the nod but I'm no Sepinwall.  

Those 5 seasons were a great ride.   I still remember the early days of this thread (season 1 and 2) when no one was watching and I was afraid it may get cancelled. 

What's the closest thing in terms of quality currently on tv?  I'd give Fargo the nod but I'm no Sepinwall.  
The Killing and Fargo season 1 are both absolutely stellar, although neither of them are really current.  Mr. Robot maybe?  

I think we take for granted what a great actor Cranston is. He is off the charts.
It was such a shock that he got cast as a guy like Walt, but wow was he great in the role. It's not just that Cranston came from comedy; it was broad face-pulling comedy with a lot of sight gags and physical humor.  And I'm saying that as a huge fan of Malcolm In The Middle and with a strong opinion that Hal was the funniest part of the show.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we take for granted what a great actor Cranston is. He is off the charts.
A testament to that is watching him in small or underwritten roles like in "Argo". He got stuck playing one of the most cliched characters in the movies: the hard-nosed by-the-book commanding officer of the star of the movie. A role that has been done a million times by a million different actors. Cranston's only purpose was to serve up one-liners to make Ben Affleck look good. But even in his limited screen-time, he stood out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Westworld for me

Better Call Saul

worrierking said:
Do any of you other FBGs have this problem?  My wife hates re-watching shows or movies.  I had this on (we watched it together last year on Amazon Prime) and loved it.  She got bored with this after about five minutes last night and I am like "Hector is going to kill Gus in 20 minutes!"  Is divorce inevitable? We've been together for 26 years.
I actually agree with your wife, except when it comes to BB.  I've rewatched the entire series once already and am doing it again now. :excited:  

i'm coming home from work early today to do colonoscopy prep. i'm disappointed that i will have missed "half measure" and  "full measure" by the time I get home.
i was sick of the cancer kids and abused animals commercials, so i just watched my the end of season 4 and season 5 up to ozymandias during my pre- and post-scan time on my torrented copies of the episodes. much better experience, obviously. no unnecessarily bleeps on great lines like "my name is ASAC Schrader, and you can go F yourself"

In the last episode, how did Walt know that the car would be positioned correctly to shoot into the building?  Even a couple of degrees off would have ####ed up his plan.

Better Call Saul
On a sidenote I saw that preview for the next season probably 20 times while watching BB. Finally caught the part where Saul says to his friend "It'S All Good Man" - Saul Goodman.

Kind of freaked me out that I never heard that on the show / put that together or heard that in this preview I had literally heard prolly 20 times.

Love Vince Gilligan the guy is a genius.

On a sidenote I saw that preview for the next season probably 20 times while watching BB. Finally caught the part where Saul says to his friend "It'S All Good Man" - Saul Goodman.

Kind of freaked me out that I never heard that on the show / put that together or heard that in this preview I had literally heard prolly 20 times.

Love Vince Gilligan the guy is a genius.
Didn't Saul/jimmy say that way back?

I actually agree with your wife, except when it comes to BB.  I've rewatched the entire series once already and am doing it again now. :excited:  
I'll never understand people who are that against rewatching stuff   

People change, and the way you look at things change.  There is stuff I loved 10years ago, but not so much now, and vise versa. 

In the last episode, how did Walt know that the car would be positioned correctly to shoot into the building?  Even a couple of degrees off would have ####ed up his plan.
How about Walt wandering into a bar that had a TV tuned to PBS (which I have never seen in any bar, ever) and it just happened to have Charlie Rose interviewing the co-founders of Gray Matter, and it just happened to be the exact moment in the conversation when Gretchen and Elliott assert that Walt's only contribution to the founding was in the name.

Users who are viewing this thread