What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (6 Viewers)

But he was a low life junkie.  It wasn't like his life was going to be picture perfect if he'd never met WW.  
Yes I agree, but he showed many times that he has a good heart - mostly when it came to kids like his little brother, the child of the two junkies (who robbed the ATM), and Brock.

The thing about that show is we are all "rooting" for mostly terrible people (Walt, Jesse, Saul, Mike, etc.). Other than Hank there's really no heroes on that show. Jesse at least showed he had good in him but fought with demons throughout the series.

As an oldster, i'm grateful to Aaron Paul and his Jesse character for giving me an honest take on the "whatever" generation that i never had to pay any attention to

Wasn't it the opposite, in that she got him hooked back on drugs? And Walt was ultimately the one that let her die.
Not the first one - the Hispanic girl and her son.  He ruined their life and contributed to her death and the death of the other kid.  Almost that kid with what Walt did.

I stayed up til 3 am to watch it.

Not really spoilers, more so my review of the movie but I wanted to err on the side of caution because I'm one of the first people to finish it I'd imagine. 

It was just "ok" in my opinion. A little too neat and cleaned up if that makes sense save for a few moments. I don't know, lazy even. Obviously if you watched the show you'll find it enjoyable enough but I didn't think it was a great follow up or stand alone movie to be honest

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoyed it.

It felt to me like Vince Gilligan may have thought he left Jesse behind a bit in the 2nd half of S5 and wanted to make up for it.

That said, anyone watching this who hadn't seen BB would have a hard time knowing what the hell was going on.

_ _ _ _ was one messed up dude. (I don't know how to do spoilers)

As has been said, for those being a big BB fan, just the idea of one more “episode” was fun.  But as a stand-alone or not familiar with BB then total meh.   The recap at the beginning of Jesse’s BB story was helpful and set a cool tone.  It definitely ended leaving me feeling a little jipped on the expected experience. 

It was good, but not sure I'll ever have a desire to watch it again. 

One thing that took me right out of it was how much weight Jesse Plemons had gained.  So apparently Todd chunked up while he had Jesse prisoner, then dropped the weight again right before Walt returned?  Stupid thing, I know, but that's all I could think of during his scenes.  It was like they tried to hide it during the beginning of that first scene at the cage, and then said "eff it, he's fat". 

Robert Forster died today.  Talk about timing...
I saw that within minutes of finishing El Camino. Sad. 

I thought it was good. I hoped for more insight and flashbacks really, but it was nice closure for Jesse and brought back good feelings with his character and the connections we felt with them. 

Yep, the show is the best ever.  Magnificent in every way imaginable. 

Back to the film, I thought the scene with Cranston was pretty underwhelming.  The dynamic between Jesse and Walt seemed off, like they wrote the characters differently than they did during that time period in the original run (had to be somewhere in the Season 2, or end of Season 1, timeline since Walt had just a mustache).  Their interaction and the way they were talking to each other just seemed...odd. 

Also is this a bad time to say that the show was wildly overrated? 
If it wasnt set in Burque and i didn't start watching it til i left (even though a lot of it was set in my neighborhood - even went to watch them shoot the scene where KenWins gets his Beemer blowed up #science##### -  i didnt have cable the 15 yrs i lived there) and got such a rush of nostalgia from each viewing, i'd probably be closer to your sense of BB than most.

If it wasnt set in Burque and i didn't start watching it til i left (even though a lot of it was set in my neighborhood - even went to watch them shoot the scene where KenWins gets his Beemer blowed up #science##### -  i didnt have cable the 15 yrs i lived there) and got such a rush of nostalgia from each viewing, i'd probably be closer to your sense of BB than most.
It was edge of your seat fun but so much of it didn’t really make logical sense. It lost me a bit in S1. How did Hank know where Jesse’s car was? How did he randomly end up at some middle of nowhere house to stumble upon that car and get in the shootout with the S1 cartoon bad guy drug king? Oh well, it certainly was fun! The movie was missing the fun.

It was edge of your seat fun but so much of it didn’t really make logical sense. It lost me a bit in S1. How did Hank know where Jesse’s car was? How did he randomly end up at some middle of nowhere house to stumble upon that car and get in the shootout with the S1 cartoon bad guy drug king? Oh well, it certainly was fun! The movie was missing the fun.
brilliant, occasionally as cinematic as TV has ever gotten, but wildly uneven

Hank had Jesse's car bugged with a GPS. 

When Walt was missing during his fugee state he figured he would try looking for Jesse who recently started "dealing" weed to Walt. The GPS led Hank to Jesse's car. Where jesse and walt had been kidnapped by Tuco, who went to his uncles house with plans to go down to Mexico and cook meth with Walt.

It's a pretty fun show. You should try paying attention some time ;)

Hank had Jesse's car bugged with a GPS. 

When Walt was missing during his fugee state he figured he would try looking for Jesse who recently started "dealing" weed to Walt. The GPS led Hank to Jesse's car. Where jesse and walt had been kidnapped by Tuco, who went to his uncles house with plans to go down to Mexico and cook meth with Walt.

It's a pretty fun show. You should try paying attention some time ;)
Nobody said I was smart lol

Tuco was killed before the fugue state tho

I thought the most interesting flashbacks were the scenes with Todd, but they are really ruined by how fat that actor is now.  I agree with @pantherclub that more Skinny Pete was needed.  In the end, Jesse had the ending that I think most people already assumed.  Like Ivan said, it was mostly fan service and that is OK.  I could have used a little more fan service in the form of a Badger Star Trek rant/script.

Users who are viewing this thread