What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking Bad on AMC (8 Viewers)

I suppose so.  I was talking more Chile and Mexico stuff.  
I don't know how much story there is there in that time frame.  They open the restaurant in Mexico, starting cooking meth and caught the eye of Don Eladio of which we saw in Breaking Bad extended flash backs.

I don't know anything about his Chile experiences but if you go back to his 20's, you either need to recast or use de-aging technology.

I don't know how much story there is there in that time frame.  They open the restaurant in Mexico, starting cooking meth and caught the eye of Don Eladio of which we saw in Breaking Bad extended flash backs.

I don't know anything about his Chile experiences but if you go back to his 20's, you either need to recast or use de-aging technology.
We had fat Jesse and Todd.  Not sure how a 65 year old Gus playing a teenager would be any different ;)  

We had fat Jesse and Todd.  Not sure how a 65 year old Gus playing a teenager would be any different ;)  
Jesse was a little heavier but I could still pretend as it wasn't so far off.  Todd was distracting to me.

In reading about it, Plemons had to put on weight for other roles he had, but I still don't see why they did not just have him cut 10-15 pounds over a short time for his shoots (mostly water) and just let him gain it back after the filming was done.  He would have been a little less distracting I think.

It was a really good P.S to the story.  Felt more like a Western than BB ever did.  IT didn't really change anything from the show...didn't hit us with a "guy behind the guy behind the guy" who  was going to be a antagonist for Jesse in the movie.  The cameos weren't extraneous.  They were organic to the story.  The flashbacks were decent......with the Walter/Jesse being pretty interesting as it was probably the last time Jesse could have gotten out (after that, Combo gets killed, they get involved with Gus, Jane dies and he's on his path) and that Walter was Walter White and not Heisenberg ( after it...Walter goes in remission, gets tired of retiring and decides to become full on outlaw).

If they had released this in theatres or made a HUGE deal about it....I could see it disappointing.  As it was delivered.....it was cool.*

* Although I think if they went totally incognito with it and released El Camino with a no fanfare....it would have gotten more street cred pop.  

One thing that I didn't like was Jessie going out and killing the welding guy and his partner for the money. Revenge killing seemed more Walt's thing than Jessie's.

One thing that I didn't like was Jessie going out and killing the welding guy and his partner for the money. Revenge killing seemed more Walt's thing than Jessie's.
Didnt seem like he planned to, but prepared for it.

Anyway, this movie was "ok".   Glad they made it cause there isnt much to watch right now, but its pretty forgettable.

Just watched El Camino.   Weird that I feel sad more for the years that have passed than anything else.   2008 was when the show first came out if I am correct.  11 years.  WoW.   

RIP Robert Forster 

Last edited by a moderator:
he had no choice.  had to come up with the money the fastest way possible in order to get the new identify before the cops caught him.

FWIW, I thought it was good b/c it gave you closure to Jessie's character.  I just wish we would've been "warned" about what the movie was about to quell the disappointment.

Why couldnt jesse just kill todd and call police to protect brock?

Why didnt welder dude just knock jesse out in front of fridge?

Maybe im just picking nits but these scenes were the whole movie and they just seemed dopey.
- Stockholm syndrome played a big part, and the police wouldn’t be able to protect Brock forever

- just knocking somebody out is a stupid movie trope that should be done away with.  That would have been loud, messy and gotten nosy neighbor all up his business

The “movie” was really good IMHO.

it doesntbstand on its own without BrBa like BCS does, but as an epilogue it’s a good one-off episode.

it hit right comedic tones, as well as the tension.. Todd as the gentle, polite psycho finally gets  his due.  That whole sequence was great. I think we got some more insights into Jesse and his relationships with others.  He also got his final episode and confirmation that he did try to rebuild something out of his life.  The Walt scene was fan service, but I didn’t mind.

he had no choice.  had to come up with the money the fastest way possible in order to get the new identify before the cops caught him.

FWIW, I thought it was good b/c it gave you closure to Jessie's character.  I just wish we would've been "warned" about what the movie was about to quell the disappointment.
What did you expect?    The content seemed to match the plot that was described in the press about the project.

I remember reading an interview with Gilligan years ago where he said he always imagined Jesse ending up in Alaska. Wild he went with that. 

No mention of Walts fake bald head that made him look like a Megamind wax statue?  So distracting especially with the centerpiece character of the show.  Wait til he can really shave his head. 
Somebody on Reddit jokingly suggested that since the story is told from Jesse’s point of view, we see Walt as Jesse sees him, as some sort of mega brain, large head and all...

Fan service or not, I enjoyed it immensely and thought it brought closure where closure was due.

Watched it tonight. It was good enough for me and the Mrs. to enjoy. Not perfect but these things rarely are. Not an airtight story but still good work from the crew. Paul did some of his best acting here.

No mention of Walts fake bald head that made him look like a Megamind wax statue?  So distracting especially with the centerpiece character of the show.  Wait til he can really shave his head. 
They were keeping the movie a secret. What do you think happens when Bryan Cranston gets seen with a bald head?

Loved the first 1 1/2 hours.. dragged a bit near the end.. Had the BB feeling most of the way..
IMO, there was way too much time spent searching for the :moneybag:

Thought the Welder scene was in line with Jessie.. He went in prepared to kill, but was hoping that he wouldn't have to.
Also enjoyed the throw back to grabbing the lIcenses of the guys left alive.. Had he killed them, then I could see the argument. 

I think we can all admit too...even the fanboys....that the shootout Jesse had with the Ginger welder guy was pretty ridiculous. It was at least 10 shots between the two of them at relatively close range before someone was hit.

I liked it, was it better than a B-, probably not. I'd have a real hard time following/enjoying it without watching Breaking Bad first. there are too many back references that would not be appreciated  or maybe even understood.

I liked it a lot.  Felt pretty intense, brutal and uncomfortable when Jesse was flashing back to scenes while a prisoner.

I loved the flashback with Mike at the river where he was later shot by Walt in 'Say My Name'.

I liked it a lot.  Felt pretty intense, brutal and uncomfortable when Jesse was flashing back to scenes while a prisoner.

I loved the flashback with Mike at the river where he was later shot by Walt in 'Say My Name'.
It's even more poignant if you know the bosque, the unlikely woods that straddle both sides of the Rio Grande around Albuquerque. Now, Burque has never been a city that made one feel so hemmed in that a place to get away from the crush was necessary. But the quarter-mile band of cottonwoods along the river have always felt like a fairyland. I was first taken there 40 years ago by a guy named Rey Quintana, a genuine jefe - half gangster, half mayor and the guy some say was responsible for the gang symbol of sneakers over the wire - who brought me to a patch of wild, white asparagus along the river banks where his abuelita sent him to pick dinner when they were in season. This ebullient, outrageous man went all quiet, eyes watering but smiling thinking about the days when his town was little more than a train stop with some tuberculosis sanitariums.From Bernalillo to Isleta, it's just a very elysian place, where death is part of life. 

Rewatching it, jesses scene in the vacuum shop was classic.   "I am like 96% sure you are the dude"
Some people have wondered if that was a specific joke for the fans of the show.

When Jesse was taken to Mexico by Gus, he had to prove he could cook meth, with out Walter, better than the Mexican scientists.  He hit 96% purity on his first cook.

trader jake said:
Aaron Paul acted his butt off in El Camino.  He had a huge array of character variations to play throughout the film with a full array of emotions, physical conditions, maturity levels, and knowledge on display.  Really well done on his part.
He was amazing.  I also loved the small Walt/Jesse scene.  I smiled the whole time and almost felt a tear come to my eyes as you're watching it through the eyes of Jesse, who is coming to terms with Walt's death and remembering things.  Then I get on here and people say it was a weird scene :lmao:

I think that for some, the word movie threw them off.  It's a movie in the sense that it's a one-off story of what happened to Jesse. But it's still done in the style of BB.  Slow, methodical, and in a way that totally makes sense.  Think of it as 2 bonus episodes and it totally hits the spot.  

Only disappointment is not having the BB music at the beginning. That felt a bit wrong.

ghostguy123 said:
Just watched episode 1 again yesterday.  Great.  Just great.
Not sure if I can make it through the series a 3rd time.  One day I'm sure I'll take that step.  

Not sure if I can make it through the series a 3rd time.  One day I'm sure I'll take that step.  
My wife happened to catch a few glimpses of the show, then she watched a few episodes on her own, now she is hooked and wants to watch the whole series with me.

Wives have made husbands do worse things throughout history.  I will endure.

The two plot holes that I keep coming back to is A)where is jessies money, didnt he stash some?  B) why didnt he just go to Frings stash places that mike took him to in the middle of nowhere?

He was amazing.  I also loved the small Walt/Jesse scene.  I smiled the whole time and almost felt a tear come to my eyes as you're watching it through the eyes of Jesse, who is coming to terms with Walt's death and remembering things.  Then I get on here and people say it was a weird scene :lmao:
Loved the way Walt made his entrance...walking out of his hotel room...I’m sure the way they executed that pleasantly surprised a ton of people.

The two plot holes that I keep coming back to is A)where is jessies money, didnt he stash some?  B) why didnt he just go to Frings stash places that mike took him to in the middle of nowhere?
A) Jesse threw some of the money out his car window and then left the rest in the car when he had his semi mental break down in the park.  The DEA claimed the money from the bag (this was the $5m).  If he had any other money, it is not far fetched to think Jack tortured the location of it out of him.

B) we have no knowledge to be sure but one would assume that those dead drops disappeared the minute either end heard that Gus died.  And more than a full year passes between Gus dying and Jesse escaping.

Thought it was very well done. I also looked at it like a "double episode" rather than a movie.

SPOILER ALERT!

Scene with Jesse and the fake FBI ... I hadn't even considered them to be impostors (I know, everyone else in here KNEW they were phony, right?)

... "Lieutenant!? Come in here... " I'm thinking "This is it? Now how the #### does he get out of THIS?! ... Gotta shoot both FBI cops here, no?" ... Then Jesse doesn't and as they take him to the floor I'm thinking "wow, that's it. All done." .... and then I'm like "wait a tick .... GILLIGAN, you GOT ME AGAIN!!". Loved it.

Didn't understand the truck cap scene until there was a dead body to dispose of.  Well done.

My favorite scene was at the diner with Walt. I laughed out loud at the classic Jesse "I graduated high school D###!". So Jesse.

Nothing to really nit pick. Didn't care for the tow truck driver "uh oh, Lojack! Gotta go". Should think as savy as Jessie and his posse are, would have disconnected the battery prior to.

Also, the way Lojack worked back in the day, only some police cars have the device to track it ... and they need to be in a certain range. Not like Onstar that used satellite.

Tow truck driver actually could have disabled before it was picked up by police. But the movie needed that to give skinny Pete and Badger there hero moment.

I liked the movie. didn't love it, but liked it well enough. it was actually nice to get some time dedicated to Jesse since he was only a bit player at the end of the series.

all of the fan service stuff was actually a detractor for me. I probably would have liked a little less "hey look, it's that guy!" and a little more story. but it was still cool.

Users who are viewing this thread