What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately (8 Viewers)

Saying that a player "can't stay healthy" because he gets injured all the time.

Hey tools, a broken arm or a torn ACL doesn't mean that the player isn't "healthy". It means he's "injured". It's not like he's caught swine flu. pnemonia, typhoid and herpes all at once.

RudiStein said:
#1 Fan of Ana Ivanovic said:
"I've been putting out some fires in the office all morning."
What if I'm a firefighter?
Then your own office shouldn't be burning.
You didn't say 'my office' or 'you're office'. You said 'THE office'.
I only say "the office" when referring to my own office, not someone elses office. :shrug:
"I believe the motel pool is right by the office"

RudiStein said:
#1 Fan of Ana Ivanovic said:
"I've been putting out some fires in the office all morning."
What if I'm a firefighter?
Then your own office shouldn't be burning.
Not AFTER he put out some fires there.
After we put out some fires there.
We had to carry some 350 lb woman out the other day. It was exhausting. Fewer snacks in the office, please, Leroy.

Using comprise the wrong way. Drives me nuts.

I freely admit that I didn't make it through the whole thread, but I'm sure "under the bus" was thrown under the bus. I am very over it.

"For all intensive purposes." :D

Somebody probably mentioned this before but..."I'm blessed"

Random Person "How you doing today, Mitch?"

Mitch the way too religious guy "I'm blessed."

Kanye interrupting jokes.

The first 20 times I heard it about recent funerals it was not funny.

Its still not funny with people using it about the Obama Nobel.

We get it...he interrupted an award. Just end it.

Using advice instead of advise.

Stop.

Now.
It's kind of a patented shtick around here.Wait, you knew that, right?
So is ball cancer. Stop.
Set up us the petition. I think it still has life.
This.
ResultsAlso. "I would tell you but I would have to kill you."

You should have the right to treat that as a threat and decapitate the person.

variation names for the wildcat offense.

Denver's is especially bad...the wild horses?

Ugh.

And while Im on Denver...can they please quit the terrible in stadium sound effects and act like the proud franchise they are.

The in-com-plete wah wah wah wah...noise is just ridiculous and more suited for the XFL or now the UFL than an NFL franchise with the history of the Broncos.

Leave that crap for the likes of the Panthers and their cat noise going off.

The New York FOOTBALL Giants.

The baseball team left decades ago. Its about time they figured it out.

Somebody probably mentioned this before but..."I'm blessed"Random Person "How you doing today, Mitch?"Mitch the way too religious guy "I'm blessed."
Maybe Mitch is hung like Milton Berle?
:goodposting:
I'm not sure which part you are confused about. Maybe to explain I should say that if I were hung (allegedly) like Milton Berle and folks asked me how I was I would say "I'm blessed" just to make myself chuckle - whether or not I was religious.

Last edited by a moderator:
And while Im on Denver...can they please quit the terrible in stadium sound effects and act like the proud franchise they are.The in-com-plete wah wah wah wah...noise is just ridiculous and more suited for the XFL or now the UFL than an NFL franchise with the history of the Broncos.Leave that crap for the likes of the Panthers and their cat noise going off.
This is starting to drive me crazy at baseball games. There is music or a chant or something between every ####ing pitch. Enough already.

And while Im on Denver...can they please quit the terrible in stadium sound effects and act like the proud franchise they are.The in-com-plete wah wah wah wah...noise is just ridiculous and more suited for the XFL or now the UFL than an NFL franchise with the history of the Broncos.Leave that crap for the likes of the Panthers and their cat noise going off.
This is starting to drive me crazy at baseball games. There is music or a chant or something between every ####ing pitch. Enough already.
:rolleyes: I miss the days when you could hear the peanut vendors in the background. Now it's just a wall of noise.

And while Im on Denver...can they please quit the terrible in stadium sound effects and act like the proud franchise they are.

The in-com-plete wah wah wah wah...noise is just ridiculous and more suited for the XFL or now the UFL than an NFL franchise with the history of the Broncos.

Leave that crap for the likes of the Panthers and their cat noise going off.
At the Reds' games:"Everybody CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

:clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclap:

Agreed.The old occaisional organ playing or the clap clap...clapclapclap...clap clap...clapclap were ok.But songs and crap for everything. Ugh. NBA is bad too from the limited bit of it I actually watch.Hell, they have songs playing while play is going on it seems too often.

Users who are viewing this thread