What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately (2 Viewers)

I think it is. They are kids. It is ok to be cheesy with kids. I mean have you heard any dad jokes? They are as corny as it gets. 
The facebook posts aren't going to the kids.  They are generally messages directed to parents promoting upcoming events, sharing pictures of recent events, etc.  I don't know many k-8 aged kids on facebook.

The facebook posts aren't going to the kids.  They are generally messages directed to parents promoting upcoming events, sharing pictures of recent events, etc.  I don't know many k-8 aged kids on facebook.
Sure but in theory it is something the school would want families to read, share with kids, etc. I don't really have any issue with an elementary school trying to be fun and silly. Their clientele are 10 year olds. 

"Secret Sauce" to describe something that is key to success in a program or plan or whatever, as in "But the real secret sauce in successful digital marketing is blah blah blah." I feel like I'm hearing people revert to this lazy bull#### all the time now. Stop. 

If my daughter says "literally" one more ### ####ed time I'm going to literally going to lose it.
My daughter has picked up the over-use of like.

I love her and everything, but if she like, uses the word like, like one more time, I might have to like punch her in the neck.  

You're an incredibly intelligent kid.  And you sound like a #######.  Knock it the F off.  

I love her and everything, but if she like, uses the word like, like one more time, I might have to like punch her in the neck.  

You're an incredibly intelligent kid.  And you sound like a #######.  Knock it the F off.  
my 7yo daughter has picked this up too. I've told her it makes her sound like a maroon.

11yo #1 son says literally literally every other word. Him- he gets a neck punch. literally.

my 7yo daughter has picked this up too. I've told her it makes her sound like a maroon.
I have a 7yo daughter and she's picked it up.  She watches a considerable amount of YouTube on her Kid Kindle, so I think it's stemming from the idiots that have "channels".  Get off my lawn.

I have a 7yo daughter and she's picked it up.  She watches a considerable amount of YouTube on her Kid Kindle, so I think it's stemming from the idiots that have "channels".  Get off my lawn.
I know this is the origin.  Mine is 12.  It doesn't get better.

this very famous architect (Robert Stern) was an instructor in grad school, and was on a jury for one of my projects. gb in my studio presented his project- guy is from the south... amazingly talented but southern drawl and constant use of "like", "um" and "you know"... especially when he was operating on no sleep for multiple days as we all were. he finishes his presentation, there's a moment of silence where the jury (working and well known architects who review each of our projects to our faces) looks around to see who's going to speak first- and Robert Stern looks at him straight in the eyes and says, "like. um. you know. kind of. um. are you ####### finished?" went downhill from there.

this very famous architect (Robert Stern) was an instructor in grad school, and was on a jury for one of my projects. gb in my studio presented his project- guy is from the south... amazingly talented but southern drawl and constant use of "like", "um" and "you know"... especially when he was operating on no sleep for multiple days as we all were. he finishes his presentation, there's a moment of silence where the jury (working and well known architects who review each of our projects to our faces) looks around to see who's going to speak first- and Robert Stern looks at him straight in the eyes and says, "like. um. you know. kind of. um. are you ####### finished?" went downhill from there.
:shock:    ...ouch

That Stern fellow sounds like a huge ****. And a bully. F’in Bullydick!!

That Stern fellow sounds like a huge ****. And a bully. F’in Bullydick!!
tiny guy too. always wore gucci loafers. complete ****. 

I had another review with him, where I worked with a partner.. didn't know my partner and stern had some prior history (where stern yelled at him much the same as above). partner was a giant of a dude- 6'5, 250, big beard... pretty intimidating, especially standing next to gucci loafer wearing 5'2 stern. my partner was supposed to present the first part of our project, me the rest. big giant got two words out and stern was all over him- I could see the guy shrinking (on the inside) to the size of a mouse. couldn't say another word out of fear/exhaustion. I had to take over his part, and didn't give a #### about taking heat. weirdly, stern didn't say anything mean to me. probably because I was oiled up, wearing my mixed-martial arts outfit with my entourage holding up my belts behind me.

Last edited by a moderator:

I had another review with him, where I worked with a partner.. didn't know my partner and stern had some prior history (where stern yelled at him much the same as above). partner was a giant of a dude- 6'5, 250, big beard... pretty intimidating, especially standing next to gucci loafer wearing 5'2 stern. my partner was supposed to present the first part of our project, me the rest. big giant got two words out and stern was all over him- I could see the guy shrinking (on the inside) to the size of a mouse. couldn't say another word out of fear/exhaustion. I had to take over his part, and didn't give a #### about taking heat. weirdly, stern didn't say anything mean to me. probably because I was oiled up, wearing my mixed-martial arts outfit with my entourage holding up my belts behind me.
So your “partner” was into Pogonophilia? It’s cool dude. No judgement. 

So he was a huge **** with a tiny ****. Makes a lot of sense. 

11yo #1 son says literally literally every other word. Him- he gets a neck punch. literally.
Playing Fortnite with my 12 year old nephew;  all the streamers drop bro's left and right.  Not Brohan or Bromigo, just bro; horrible schtick.  I was telling my nephew how annoying it is.  I start playing with him, and when he plays it's all bro this and bro that, but he catches it every time and says, sorry, I know you hate that.  It might be even worse that I have him so paranoid about it.

On literally - I was passing 2 guys in the skyway and heard one guy say, "I was literally giving you ##### about that".  I really hope he was misusing the term literally.

Do that in front of her and her friends.  That will make it stop.

Users who are viewing this thread