Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These pretzels are making me horny

"#### you 2016". People died in 2015 and will continue to die next year. Every time a famous person dies there's about a million tweets saying fu 2016. Stop.

In this vein, the whole "momma bear" thing absolutely infuriates me.  Shut up, mini-van-driving soccer mom.

1 hour ago, eoMMan said:

"A thirst trap is a sexy photo posted on social media to attract attention. It can also refer to a person considered sexy—a social-media crush."

At times I feel out of touch with modern lingo. At times like this, I am ever so thankful that's the case. Oof.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

At times I feel out of touch with modern lingo. At times like this, I am ever so thankful that's the case. Oof.

It’s a modern equivalent of a girl going out  wearing a real low cut shirt or a guy in great shape mowing his lawn with no shirt on. The goal is attract attention. Nothing new, just the words are different. 

Thirsty=horny 

so the trap part is they are posting this alluring picture knowing it’s going to get them lots of attention (likes, positive comments). 

Instagram is basically 90% thirst trapping:

Heres a great exercise you can do and it just happens I’m doing in it an expensive sports bra, the shortest shorts ever and full make-up. 

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Like 1
On 11/21/2019 at 12:41 PM, Tom Servo said:
On 11/21/2019 at 9:51 AM, arrow1 said:

ThanksChristmas

My in-laws do "Thanksmas" so people can be able to visit other family at Christmas.  I don't use it outside the family, though.

We do as well.  We've got 5 generations and 40+ people to try and get together. But yeah, we use the term to refer to that get-together but not otherwise.

• 1 month later...

Asking if something is "down".  This gets used here a lot and I think it's dumb.  *shakes fist at cloud*

4 hours ago, nirad3 said:

Asking if something is "down".  This gets used here a lot and I think it's dumb.  *shakes fist at cloud*

Sense of humor down?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 4
  • Thinking 1
1 hour ago, otb_lifer said:

got a new one, prolly hasn't made the rounds too prodigiously yet, but ...

saw Paris Hilton pushing "Sliving" (phonetically slivving) - her combo of  slaying/living. 

:popcorn:

:X

This is the first I've heard of this "word," and I immediately hate it.

• Laughing 1

Has anyone heard "I'm fit"?  Taking the stairs to my floor today and I hold the door for the guy behind me.  He was a younger, cooler type.  He says "Nah, I'm fit.  Thanks though." 

I don't think he was referring to physical fitness.  He said it more as if to say "I'm good.  Thanks though."

I've heard it once and it needs to go away.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, ClownCausedChaos2 said:

Has anyone heard "I'm fit"?  Taking the stairs to my floor today and I hold the door for the guy behind me.  He was a younger, cooler type.  He says "Nah, I'm fit.  Thanks though." 

I don't think he was referring to physical fitness.  He said it more as if to say "I'm good.  Thanks though."

I've heard it once and it needs to go away.

Only time I’ve heard fit is being hot/great shape  

Or 

for how clothes wear on someone

or if clothes fit incredibly well on someone it becomes an adjective. If a real fit woman has on a body suit that makes her look ridiculously good, you might say, “that fit is disrespectful”

On 1/7/2020 at 7:08 AM, Ilov80s said:

a guy in great shape mowing his lawn with no shirt on.

what do we call it when fat guys do this?

asking for a friend   :oldunsure:

Just now, mr. furley said:

what do we call it when fat guys do this?

asking for a friend   :oldunsure:

We try to call the police but the temporary blindness makes it difficult 

• Laughing 2
On 3/4/2020 at 4:46 PM, nirad3 said:

down shtick down?

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
5 hours ago, otb_lifer said:

got a new one, prolly hasn't made the rounds too prodigiously yet, but ...

saw Paris Hilton pushing "Sliving" (phonetically slivving) - her combo of  slaying/living. 

:popcorn:

:X

Hope you didn't catch anything from watching Paris Hilton. 

1 hour ago, mr. furley said:

how else is my friend supposed to get a tan?  :hot:

The beach, maybe a lakeside if they aren't near a major body of water. Of course, there are always tanning beds, even here in Florida(which baffles me. It's the freaking Sunshine State! Go outside!). My point is, there are options. I'm also not saying he can't mow shirtless, but if he's like everyone else north of Tallahassee these past few months, he's likely to be pasty, and may blind the unwary those first few times until he gets a good base coat of tan working.

44 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

Hope you didn't catch anything from watching Paris Hilton. 

I’ll catch feelings as long as they are  highly contagious 

3 hours ago, Kal El said:

The beach, maybe a lakeside if they aren't near a major body of water. Of course, there are always tanning beds, even here in Florida(which baffles me. It's the freaking Sunshine State! Go outside!). My point is, there are options. I'm also not saying he can't mow shirtless, but if he's like everyone else north of Tallahassee these past few months, he's likely to be pasty, and may blind the unwary those first few times until he gets a good base coat of tan working.

wtf are you guys talking about????

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Game changer.  Not every new product is a game changer.  Just stop.

In the same vein, I hate when people say "disrupter."  Like when referring to a new product that will change the way things are done.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TheIronSheik said:

In the same vein, I hate when people say "disrupter."  Like when referring to a new product that will change the way things are done.  

Might as well wear a huge neon sign that says ##### bag 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...