Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately


Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, arrow1 said:

Women who use the term "momma."  For example:  "This momma has had enough,"  for you mommas out there"

I don't know why, but I dislike it a lot.

In this vein, the whole "momma bear" thing absolutely infuriates me.  Shut up, mini-van-driving soccer mom.

Edited by krista4
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Laughing 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/23/2020 at 7:04 PM, Mrs. Rannous said:

What the heck is that?

A term that the mid- to upper- level management feels the need to utter when introducing any new features to our software.  Roughly translated - create the most viable product, don't try to deliver to the customer everything they could possible need  for that feature.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

agree that it's gotta go, I hate it too, but I wouldn't say it doesn't make sense

can you successfully boil the ocean?  

of course not - so don't try

Give humans another 100 years and we might find out 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Galileo said:

I'm tired of hearing the phrase "unprecedented times".  At what point does unprecedented finally become precedented?

9.5 months is plenty, imo.

Those of us in my circles do the finger parentheses when we say "these unprecedented times" and then look irritated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For some reason, I'm noticing a big uptick in emails that begin with "I hope this email finds you well."  If this came from a complete stranger, I would write it off as an awkward attempt at a  neutral/professional-sounding salutation, but these are people who I've worked with for years.  What's wrong with "Good morning, Ivan" or "Hi, Dr. Karamazov" or something like that?  So strange to see people use "I hope this email finds you well" unironically.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, IvanKaramazov said:

For some reason, I'm noticing a big uptick in emails that begin with "I hope this email finds you well."  If this came from a complete stranger, I would write it off as an awkward attempt at a  neutral/professional-sounding salutation, but these are people who I've worked with for years.  What's wrong with "Good morning, Ivan" or "Hi, Dr. Karamazov" or something like that?  So strange to see people use "I hope this email finds you well" unironically.

Most of mine start, "Go to hell, AAA!" so consider yourself fortunate.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

What’s that mean?

The number of vaccinations actually administered, as opposed to the number that have been manufactured or distributed.

Edited by shuke
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Curated"

Hearing this all over the place.  Stupid-### way of trying to fancily say "picked".

Even worse, "hand-curated".  Isn't that repetitive anyways?

Bleh, get off my lawn.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

For some reason, I'm noticing a big uptick in emails that begin with "I hope this email finds you well."  If this came from a complete stranger, I would write it off as an awkward attempt at a  neutral/professional-sounding salutation, but these are people who I've worked with for years.  What's wrong with "Good morning, Ivan" or "Hi, Dr. Karamazov" or something like that?  So strange to see people use "I hope this email finds you well" unironically.

Actually, since I started working from home, I’ve been using “good morning” when emailing customers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, arrow1 said:

A-Women

Reminds me of a former girlfriends mother who refused to say history, and would say "herstory."

It's a word with a meaning.  Just because the letters "men" "his"  "he" or other male term appears in the word, it does not mean the word is sexist.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

Reminds me of a former girlfriends mother who refused to say history, and would say "herstory."

It's a word with a meaning.  Just because the letters "men" "his"  "he" or other male term appears in the word, it does not mean the word is sexist.

saw a woman on the Today show the other day talking about the healthcare workers--  "heros and sheros"

good god:wall:

  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Parrothead said:

saw a woman on the Today show the other day talking about the healthcare workers--  "heros and sheros"

good god:wall:

Mrs. O just said “wtf is that?”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Manster said:

I'll use it in a sentence....

The Steelers put up a 50 burger on the browns.  

Instead of saying the Steelers score 50 points.....see, dumb.

I like say the Steelers dropped half a hundred on the Browns. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Manster said:

I'll use it in a sentence....

The Steelers put up a 50 burger on the browns.  

Instead of saying the Steelers score 50 points.....see, dumb.

Gotcha.  Yeah that’s dumb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...