What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately (3 Viewers)

What the heck is that?
A term that the mid- to upper- level management feels the need to utter when introducing any new features to our software.  Roughly translated - create the most viable product, don't try to deliver to the customer everything they could possible need  for that feature.

I'm tired of hearing the phrase "unprecedented times".  At what point does unprecedented finally become precedented?

I'm tired of hearing the phrase "unprecedented times".  At what point does unprecedented finally become precedented?
9.5 months is plenty, imo.

Those of us in my circles do the finger parentheses when we say "these unprecedented times" and then look irritated.

For some reason, I'm noticing a big uptick in emails that begin with "I hope this email finds you well."  If this came from a complete stranger, I would write it off as an awkward attempt at a  neutral/professional-sounding salutation, but these are people who I've worked with for years.  What's wrong with "Good morning, Ivan" or "Hi, Dr. Karamazov" or something like that?  So strange to see people use "I hope this email finds you well" unironically.

For some reason, I'm noticing a big uptick in emails that begin with "I hope this email finds you well."  If this came from a complete stranger, I would write it off as an awkward attempt at a  neutral/professional-sounding salutation, but these are people who I've worked with for years.  What's wrong with "Good morning, Ivan" or "Hi, Dr. Karamazov" or something like that?  So strange to see people use "I hope this email finds you well" unironically.
Most of mine start, "Go to hell, AAA!" so consider yourself fortunate.

Actually, since I started working from home, I’ve been using “good morning” when emailing customers. 

Reminds me of a former girlfriends mother who refused to say history, and would say "herstory."

It's a word with a meaning.  Just because the letters "men" "his"  "he" or other male term appears in the word, it does not mean the word is sexist.
saw a woman on the Today show the other day talking about the healthcare workers--  "heros and sheros"

good god :wall:

Manster said:
I'll use it in a sentence....

The Steelers put up a 50 burger on the browns.  

Instead of saying the Steelers score 50 points.....see, dumb.
Gotcha.  Yeah that’s dumb

Users who are viewing this thread