Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately

Aligned/alignment/align

It’s not so bad as it’s unbelievably overused:

”We need to get alignment on....”

”You and I need to align”

”I’m aligned with that strategy”

I catch myself saying it because it’s used so damn much.

Edited by AAABatteries
  • Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These pretzels are making me horny

"#### you 2016". People died in 2015 and will continue to die next year. Every time a famous person dies there's about a million tweets saying fu 2016. Stop.

"Call for price" - just put the ####### price on the website that you're willing to sell the item for

Robust-anyone who uses this word is about ready to lie, exaggerate or in the legal world defend someone who is guilty...probably my least favorite word right now

Pivot-a word corporate American execs like to use because they need to show how smart they are

Best practices-another entry from corporate America because God forbid they use the words good idea

Main Street-a phrase out-of-touch politicians use when they haven't left DC in years

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ChiefD said:

“Out of an abundance of caution”

Translation: "We don't actually believe Covid matters for more than .04% of humans, but to avoid a HUGE PR hit, we're going to pretend it does."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, arrow1 said:

Women who use the term "momma."  For example:  "This momma has had enough,"  for you mommas out there"

I don't know why, but I dislike it a lot.

In this vein, the whole "momma bear" thing absolutely infuriates me.  Shut up, mini-van-driving soccer mom.

Edited by krista4
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Laughing 3
On 10/23/2020 at 7:04 PM, Mrs. Rannous said:

What the heck is that?

A term that the mid- to upper- level management feels the need to utter when introducing any new features to our software.  Roughly translated - create the most viable product, don't try to deliver to the customer everything they could possible need  for that feature.

13 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

agree that it's gotta go, I hate it too, but I wouldn't say it doesn't make sense

can you successfully boil the ocean?  

of course not - so don't try

Give humans another 100 years and we might find out 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Galileo said:

I'm tired of hearing the phrase "unprecedented times".  At what point does unprecedented finally become precedented?

9.5 months is plenty, imo.

Those of us in my circles do the finger parentheses when we say "these unprecedented times" and then look irritated.

For some reason, I'm noticing a big uptick in emails that begin with "I hope this email finds you well."  If this came from a complete stranger, I would write it off as an awkward attempt at a  neutral/professional-sounding salutation, but these are people who I've worked with for years.  What's wrong with "Good morning, Ivan" or "Hi, Dr. Karamazov" or something like that?  So strange to see people use "I hope this email finds you well" unironically.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, IvanKaramazov said:

For some reason, I'm noticing a big uptick in emails that begin with "I hope this email finds you well."  If this came from a complete stranger, I would write it off as an awkward attempt at a  neutral/professional-sounding salutation, but these are people who I've worked with for years.  What's wrong with "Good morning, Ivan" or "Hi, Dr. Karamazov" or something like that?  So strange to see people use "I hope this email finds you well" unironically.

Most of mine start, "Go to hell, AAA!" so consider yourself fortunate.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

What’s that mean?

The number of vaccinations actually administered, as opposed to the number that have been manufactured or distributed.

Edited by shuke
  • Thanks 1

"Curated"

Hearing this all over the place.  Stupid-### way of trying to fancily say "picked".

Even worse, "hand-curated".  Isn't that repetitive anyways?

Bleh, get off my lawn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Actually, since I started working from home, I’ve been using “good morning” when emailing customers. 

1 hour ago, arrow1 said:

A-Women

Reminds me of a former girlfriends mother who refused to say history, and would say "herstory."

It's a word with a meaning.  Just because the letters "men" "his"  "he" or other male term appears in the word, it does not mean the word is sexist.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

Reminds me of a former girlfriends mother who refused to say history, and would say "herstory."

It's a word with a meaning.  Just because the letters "men" "his"  "he" or other male term appears in the word, it does not mean the word is sexist.

saw a woman on the Today show the other day talking about the healthcare workers--  "heros and sheros"

good god:wall:

• Sad 3
15 minutes ago, Parrothead said:

saw a woman on the Today show the other day talking about the healthcare workers--  "heros and sheros"

good god:wall:

Mrs. O just said “wtf is that?”

1 hour ago, Manster said:

I'll use it in a sentence....

The Steelers put up a 50 burger on the browns.  

Instead of saying the Steelers score 50 points.....see, dumb.

I like say the Steelers dropped half a hundred on the Browns. 

5 hours ago, Manster said:

I'll use it in a sentence....

The Steelers put up a 50 burger on the browns.  

Instead of saying the Steelers score 50 points.....see, dumb.

Gotcha.  Yeah that’s dumb

• 2 weeks later...