What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately (3 Viewers)

"double down"

Please stop this now.
So what should I say to the dealer when I get 11? :confused:
You don't need to say anything, sport. Put your money out there; the dealer will probably know you're not splitting 11.
He might know it, but why should the phrase be retired when it's exactly what should be said, chief?
I amend this to exclude playing blackjack. I've heard it more in a political context (i.e., "Obama's going to double down on...").

Calling an important meeting a "summit". Unless Obama and some foreign dignitary are going to climb Mount Everest and physically hold the meeting at the top.

Calling an important meeting a "summit". Unless Obama and some foreign dignitary are going to climb Mount Everest and physically hold the meeting at the top.
I think they're referring to Obama, since he's the peak of human achievement.

Of course we're in. 2008 champs, baby!

My last boss used to hold meetings where he'd ask us about our best stock ideas...this was years ago. One of the analysts who was heavy on accounting would start explaining the balance sheet and why it was in trouble and my boss, who would tire of the numbers and reasons and explanation, would stop him and say "look, i don't care how the sausage is made, I just want to know if it's good or bad".

The end.

When's the draft?

"Really?" <------------this started out fairly annoyingly and has grown into one of the most annoying sayings today.

It might only be topped by, "It is what it is."

The word "technologies", particularly in commericals/infomercials.. I don't really hate it or anything, but hearing it in every 2nd commercial makes me laugh.

"revolutionary foot-mapping technologies"

"...the newest in clothes washing technologies"

"using new grabbing out-of-reach object technologies.

Last edited:
Was telling a co-worker about my upcoming trip to Vegas with college friends. When I returned from the trip, he said, "Hey, there's the guy... he's back from his mancation!"

First time I ever knocked a guy out. I lost my job, but still feel it was warranted.

"Follow us on [social network]."

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to follow or "become a fan of" a million vendors or random web sites. It seems like anyone who is selling anything feels that it's requisite to put this dreck on their front page.

"Follow us on [social network]."I'm sorry, but I'm not going to follow or "become a fan of" a million vendors or random web sites. It seems like anyone who is selling anything feels that it's requisite to put this dreck on their front page.
settle

"Follow us on [social network]."I'm sorry, but I'm not going to follow or "become a fan of" a million vendors or random web sites. It seems like anyone who is selling anything feels that it's requisite to put this dreck on their front page.
:excited: I had a sales consultant try to convince me on why this was a good idea. I finally asked him if he had any idea why I didn't have a Facebook page in the first place.

I'm just pulling these from the local news in the background. I heard those three in the last few minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread