Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately

Not that I hate this phrase, but it is becoming an epidemic among sportscasters...

"Dialing up the blitz"

I really like the dialing up part and might use it in more everyday situations. "Hey Brenda, could you dial up some coffee, I'm trying to crank out some reports over here." or "I'm just going to dial up a sandwich real quick, then I'll be over to dial up some sweet loving on you baby."

• 2 weeks later...

"Really?" and "Seriously?" as attempts at some sort of sarcastic commentary. The MS phone commercials indicate that these need to die immediately. If you're using these that way, please stop, you're the clown in that conversation regardless of whatever the other person did that you are not cleverly responding to.

Edited by Gr00vus

"Really?" and "Seriously?" as attempts at some sort of sarcastic commentary. The MS phone commercials indicate that these need to die immediately. If you're using these that way, please stop, you're the clown in that conversation regardless of whatever the other person did that you are not cleverly responding to.

came here to post thisand"came here to post this"

welcome aboard. :goodposting:

"Really?" <------------this started out fairly annoyingly and has grown into one of the most annoying sayings today.It might only be topped by, "It is what it is."

welcome aboard. :unsure:

"Really?" <------------this started out fairly annoyingly and has grown into one of the most annoying sayings today.It might only be topped by, "It is what it is."

came here to post thisand"came here to post this"
How do we feel about "for reals?" Is that related to this or is it a separate (and yet still possibly annoying on its own) thing?

I heard Simon Wilcotts on a sports talk show a couple of days ago. I think he used "at the end of the day" in every other sentence. As an added bonus he threw the "do you know what the definition of insanity is?" hokum out there too. Dude's a maroon.

Edited by Gr00vus

I heard Simon Wilcotts on a sports talk show a couple of days ago. I think he used "at the end of the day" in every other sentence. As an added bonus he threw in the "do you know what the definition of insanity is?" hokum out there too. Dude's a maroon.

Oh that made me think of another. When a sports guy goes "the [insert name here]'s of the world." For example "The Hines Wards of the world," "The Hank Basketts of the world," "the Jay Cutlers of the world."