What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately (2 Viewers)

"At the end of the day..."There is a sports talk radio host here in Pittsburgh that says this constantly. I can't even listen to him anymore because at the end of the day I want to punch his throat.
There are other reasons to hate Mark Madden other than this.

"At the end of the day..."There is a sports talk radio host here in Pittsburgh that says this constantly. I can't even listen to him anymore because at the end of the day I want to punch his throat.
I can't listen to Mike and Mike anymore due to Greenburg saying either "at the end of the day" or "that's neither here nor there" every 14 seconds.
He also mentions the show name every 20 seconds too. Annoying.

"Oof"Gotta be the most bland expletive I've ever heard. Make me cringe when I read it.
I'm a big fan of oof. It's condescending, yet not overly cruel and it won't get you banned.
:shock: It's like the reaction you would have if you saw a guy get chewed out in the mall by his girlfriend for cheating on him and then yelling in public that she never liked the way he did 'it' anyway.oof needs to stay. Especially in the FFA. Not sure it's something you should verbally say in a conversation though.

Any phrase that is in "quotations marks" merely to indicate "emphasis." It happens in the Shark Pool pretty often — e.g., "I don't think he will be a 'top tier' guy this season, or be any more 'motivated' than normal." (What's the difference between being "top tier" and being top tier? What's the difference between being "motivated" and being motivated?)

Anyway, here's the example that inspired this post.

I think chet's about five years behind.One that's bugged me more and more lately: "hat tip"

It's like bloggers have decided that this is the cool way to give people credit for letting them know something. It's especially bad when the item in question has saturated the internet for days or even weeks. "Hat tip to shuke for pointing out that Rebecca Black Friday video. Is that bad or what?"

fashionista.

it's bad enough that the fashion industry takes itself so seriously that it coins silly little turns of phrase in an effort to legitimize itself in the arts. but when it that very same self seriousness trickle down to, say, a TJ Maxx commercial? well, that's just silly.

even worse though is when it gets used in a FFA thread. a thread about khakis?

OK. I'm going to Kohl's tomorrow to pick up some new dress pants. From what they have to offer, what would the fasionistas recommend from their non-pleated, flat front, non-microfiber offerings (e.g., slim, straight, or classic)? I'm in the 32x34 range. Thanks in advance!!!

______ is good people.
"Listen to _______. ______ knows stuff. Important stuff."A Shick! favorite.
I kind of like "______ knows stuff". But when you group all those together, it's horrible.By the way, who in the world is in that "creepy" video in your sig? Furley?
JAAI like how he opens that box like there's a bomb inside. You also have to like the disparaging comments about how the beers are going to suck.

______ is good people.
"Listen to _______. ______ knows stuff. Important stuff."A Shick! favorite.
I kind of like "______ knows stuff". But when you group all those together, it's horrible.By the way, who in the world is in that "creepy" video in your sig? Furley?
JAAI like how he opens that box like there's a bomb inside. You also have to like the disparaging comments about how the beers are going to suck.
Oh, and let's put a bunch of good beers on the dog. If he gets up, they land of the floor. Great idea.I could write 1000 words about how this video drives me crazy.

I like how he opens that box like there's a bomb inside. You also have to like the disparaging comments about how the beers are going to suck.
I really didn't listen to it. Did he not know what was in the box? He looked like he was afraid of it was covered with anthrax and held a live cobra bomb.

I like how he opens that box like there's a bomb inside. You also have to like the disparaging comments about how the beers are going to suck.
I really didn't listen to it. Did he not know what was in the box? He looked like he was afraid of it was covered with anthrax and held a live cobra bomb.
Pretty sure he knew it was beer from the beer nerds. There's an even creepier video. I'm not sure what to even make of that one.

Pretty sure he knew it was beer from the beer nerds. There's an even creepier video. I'm not sure what to even make of that one.
Does it involve masks?

Does it involve masks?
It involves some really awkward attempts at flirting.

Reboot.

This is something you do to a computer. A movie remake is just that, a remake.

Why the hell is it called a reboot?

I think chet's about five years behind.One that's bugged me more and more lately: "hat tip"

It's like bloggers have decided that this is the cool way to give people credit for letting them know something. It's especially bad when the item in question has saturated the internet for days or even weeks. "Hat tip to shuke for pointing out that Rebecca Black Friday video. Is that bad or what?"
You sure you are reading "hat tip to" and not "a tip of the hat to"? I've never heard anyone say or write "hat tip" before. I have no problem with "a tip of the hat to", but I agree that "hat tip" is a very weak effort.

You sure you are reading "hat tip to" and not "a tip of the hat to"? I've never heard anyone say or write "hat tip" before. I have no problem with "a tip of the hat to", but I agree that "hat tip" is a very weak effort.
link
Joe Bryant

NHL goalie bets with fan during game. Hat tip to my friend Ryan Bonini. http://ow.ly/4vuSB
:unsure:

link
Joe Bryant

NHL goalie bets with fan during game. Hat tip to my friend Ryan Bonini. http://ow.ly/4vuSB
:unsure:
:lmao:

The guys blasting away on electronic cigarettes have taken to calling traditional cigarettes "analogs." So painful.
Have you been in that thread here? I went in there just to see what it was all about and my head exploded. Here are some excerpts:
Assuming you haven’t vaped any of the cartos dry, which can damage the internal wick or polyfill, you should be able to get by with just juice.
Doublers: The juices come in 1 oz, and doublers come in 2 oz. Can anyone confirm if I get the 1 oz 48 mg and mix with 2 oz doubler, it's basically the same as getting 3 oz of 16 mg nicotine juice (i.e. 48 mg divided by 3 oz = 16 mg) and I can eek it closer to 18 mg by skimping a few ml of the doubler? Other option would be to get the 36 mg and just use half of the 2 oz doubler to get it to 18 mg, but in either case I'm doing a little bit of pouring guesswork. If I go 48 mg it would be a heck of a bargain getting roughly 90 ml for $20. Probably last me as long as 100+ cartomizers for the cost of 10 prefilleds.
Glumpy, having started with V4L PV's, I never wanted to get into dripping. I went in another direction, the Notcigs Buzz variable voltgae PV, and Ikenvape mega 808 cartridges. Of course, dripping with the Notcigs Buzz works great for people who like to drip as well. I'll be buying a second Buzz soon. I love it. The new one will vape heavilly for 16 hours! One the same battery charge. A new thumbweel voltage adjustment will be on the new one as well. The VV (variable voltage) hits like a ton of bricks, and interestingly enough, some juices like a different voltage setting for finding the sweet spot. With the Buzz and an Ikenvape high voltage mega 808 cart, I can go out to a pub, swill some brews for hours, and never have to do anything but take a vape when I want it, and I vape heavilly at 36mg's and being an ex 3 packs a day smoker.

I love the E-Cig thread. It's so packed with jargon that it makes me want to start to blast away on my own e-cig even though I don't smoke.

Users who are viewing this thread