Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately

"If I offended anyone by my comments I would like to apologize..."(non-apology apology)

How is that not an apology?
Because if what you said didn't offend you then I am not apologizing.If you get in front of a bunch of women and start calling them ##### (think hunt) then walk off get blasted for it the right thing is to do one of two things:1. I apologize for saying that word and totally unacceptable. or2. I don't aplogize for what I said, I mean it 100%.sitting on the fence way:If I offended you by saying that THEN I am sorry but if you aren't offende then I'm not sorry for what I said.

"If I offended anyone by my comments I would like to apologize..."(non-apology apology)

Because if what you said didn't offend you then I am not apologizing.If you get in front of a bunch of women and start calling them ##### (think hunt) then walk off get blasted for it the right thing is to do one of two things:1. I apologize for saying that word and totally unacceptable. or2. I don't aplogize for what I said, I mean it 100%.sitting on the fence way:If I offended you by saying that THEN I am sorry but if you aren't offende then I'm not sorry for what I said.
:blink:

I'm on board with this one but still not seeing the "N-word" one. I don't wanna side track the thread so I guess we can agree to disagree and if that offends you I would like to apologize! :lmao:

Git 'er done

Top 5 on the "sayings so bad they're awesome to say" list.
And the other 4?
1. Git R Done

2. Waaaazzzzzzzzzuuuuuuuuppppp

3. shark move

4. How you doin?

5. p\/\/n3d!

Hmmm. I still have a problem with #3. Not bad, though.

Git 'er done

And the other 4?
1. Git R Done

3. shark move

4. How you doin?

5. p\/\/n3d!

You have a problem with it being on the list because you don't think it's bad?

Git 'er done

And the other 4?
1. Git R Done

3. shark move

4. How you doin?

5. p\/\/n3d!

You have a problem with it being on the list because you don't think it's bad?
I have a problem with it being awesome to say under any circumstances.

"drop a dime"

In which context?
calling someone
Wait. There are actually people that use that term instead of "call"? As in "I'm going to drop a dime on Chris and see when he's coming over..."
yes.
Do they not realize that the correct usage is 'to snitch'? As in "the junkie dropped dime on the drug dealer to get a better deal...'?

"drop a dime"

In which context?
calling someone
Wait. There are actually people that use that term instead of "call"? As in "I'm going to drop a dime on Chris and see when he's coming over..."
yes.
Do they not realize that the correct usage is 'to snitch'? As in "the junkie dropped dime on the drug dealer to get a better deal...'?
I thought Chris Paul dropped a dime to David West. Or Kobe dropped a dime off the backboard to himself.

"drop a dime"

In which context?
calling someone
yes.
I thought Chris Paul dropped a dime to David West. Or Kobe dropped a dime off the backboard to himself.
No clue about those.