What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately (3 Viewers)

Wait. This is the phrases thread. Not the Actions thread. This is getting confusing.
The search function sucks though. I mean, it really sucks. You search for "actions" in titles only and you get 40 threads, none of which have "actions" in the title.

Anybody using the term "deez nuts." I work as a math teacher, and that joke made a comeback in high schools, and I had to almost physically hold myself back from throwing things at the students who used it.
Have a friend at a middle school who's last name starts with a "D". He had to give 4 kids detention for referring to him as "Mr. Deez Nuts".

:lol:

"I know we've had our differences, but . . . "

In other words, I pretty much hate you, but now that we're parting ways, I want to make sure everything's cool while still validating my past contributions to any loserish disagreements.

Here's one for the older people. I had a boss in the late 90s that was envious of consultant speak and repeated it whenever possible. His favorite ..."send me a soft copy" - meaning attach it in an email.

He was also fond of saying "spot on" after the thieves from Scottish Power Consulting came over to fleece us.

What a ####.

ETA: damn, forgot - he also started pronouncing process with a long "a." Pro - cess. God I still hate that guy today.
Pray-cess? That would be annoying

Here's one for the older people. I had a boss in the late 90s that was envious of consultant speak and repeated it whenever possible. His favorite ..."send me a soft copy" - meaning attach it in an email.

He was also fond of saying "spot on" after the thieves from Scottish Power Consulting came over to fleece us.

What a ####.

ETA: damn, forgot - he also started pronouncing process with a long "a" "o." Pro - cess. God I still hate that guy today.
Pray-cess? That would be annoying
Dammit. Typo. Long "o" not long "a" pronunciation.

In other words, I pretty much hate you, but now that we're parting ways, I want to make sure everything's cool while still validating my past contributions to any loserish disagreements.
I have a friend who will frequently start conversations by saying "I don't mean to be insulting." What he means is "I am about to say something incredibly insulting, but I don't want to take responsibility for having insulted anyone."

I have a friend who will frequently start conversations by saying "I don't mean to be insulting." What he means is "I am about to say something incredibly insulting, but I don't want to take responsibility for having insulted anyone."
"I'm not racist, but...""No offense, but..."

Anybody using the term "deez nuts." I work as a math teacher, and that joke made a comeback in high schools, and I had to almost physically hold myself back from throwing things at the students who used it.
It's kind of funny because I used to say the same #### when I was in middle school. I just use it back at them and it shuts then up. "You need to do your homework because you got a D left on the last test." "A D what?" "A Deez Nuts, now shut up and do your homework keed."

It's kind of funny because I used to say the same #### when I was in middle school. I just use it back at them and it shuts then up. "You need to do your homework because you got a D left on the last test." "A D what?" "A Deez Nuts, now shut up and do your homework keed."Eta: I think it ran it's course about 2 weeks ago.

my 6 year old has been saying "I know, Right?" drives deez nuts crazy because of this thread.
:eek: :mellow: :eek: :mellow:

Top of the list in terms of annoying phrases. It's been shortened to just "RIGHT?!?" in certain circumstances. Immediate need to throat-punch.

Fortunately the #1 culprit at my office is enjoying her final day here today....

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea what FUD means. I've never heard of it until right now. I assume it's an acronym that starts with the F-word, kind of like FUBAR but less clever.

Maurile Tremblay said:
I have no idea what FUD means. I've never heard of it until right now. I assume it's an acronym that starts with the F-word, kind of like FUBAR but less clever.
Same here, and even the Urban Dictionary was no help.

Maurile Tremblay said:
If memory serves, Fear, Uncertainty and Dildos.

Maurile Tremblay said:
It's very common to hear if you work in tech. I expect people who work in that industry to know what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here, and even the Urban Dictionary was no help.
?

Also had to look it up. Doesn't seem like a typical business term.
FUD is often created on purpose. In sales you create FUD with a customer to make them think they need your solution. It can also be used as stall tactic - create FUD to make somebody else busy while you secretly fix the problems on your side.

The following internet memes:

"That awkward moment when..."

"When you get it."

"A Florida man shoved ice into his rectum and you wont believe what happened next..."

Users who are viewing this thread