What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately (1 Viewer)

"beyond the pale"

Completely overused these days. It now means, "something that I disagree with."

Last edited by a moderator:
"ping" used to infer talking to a person, as in "I'll ping him on that and get back to you."

People are not remote hosts captain nerd.

"Child, please" Can we just nip this in the bud?

Also "Epic" and "fail" both need to go individually. Put them together and its like a cataclysm of sucktitude.

I would personally like my pastor to quit using the word "unpack". He says it at least 3 times every Sunday.

Also "Epic" and "fail" both need to go individually. Put them together and its like a cataclysm of sucktitude.
Phrases are like clothes. Before they go obsolete, they must first become formal. In this case, "formal" means something adults use to try to be cool. When kids start hearing their parents say "epic fail" that's when it gets retired, and not before.

"I'm your huckleberry."

You probably fancy yourself some sort of tough cowboy outlaw type as you throw this out. You come off more like people who still say "DROP THE CHALUPA". Let it go, dork.

"what, with 9/11 and all..."

People are still saying, typically when complaining about why they cant sell their house. Heard it from more than a few neighbors.

"what, with 9/11 and all..."People are still saying, typically when complaining about why they cant sell their house. Heard it from more than a few neighbors.
:sleep: Tell them to put their house up and list it 50% less than any other house and see how long it takes to get sold.

Users who are viewing this thread