What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately (1 Viewer)

E-Z Glider said:
"Pitch-count" when referring to how much a football player will play. :scared:
Yup, great catch. Just saw/heard this for the first time, in reference to Frank Gore, the other day on Rotoworld. And one time was enough to make me incredibly unhappy. Unfortunately, I can see this becoming the new hipcool fantasy buzzword, particularly for RBBC situations. :rolleyes: Oof.
I think DeMarco Murray will get a ton of RBI's this year.
Dunno. What's his triple-slash?

E-Z Glider said:
Yup, great catch. Just saw/heard this for the first time, in reference to Frank Gore, the other day on Rotoworld. And one time was enough to make me incredibly unhappy. Unfortunately, I can see this becoming the new hipcool fantasy buzzword, particularly for RBBC situations. :rolleyes: Oof.
Adrian Peterson, having missed almost an entire season, may start with a pitch count, but should still finish the year among triple crown contenders for NFL running backs.

Hang out with consultants enough and you get a treasure trove of idiotic sayings that are just moments away from worthy inclusion here. When I pointed out that one of the consultants had used the wrong terms on a draft, he said:

"We'll just de-word that later".

Hang out with consultants enough and you get a treasure trove of idiotic sayings that are just moments away from worthy inclusion here. When I pointed out that one of the consultants had used the wrong terms on a draft, he said:

Well . . . yeah. ;) Consultants are the source of about 90% of these linguistic offenses IMO.

Well . . . yeah. ;) Consultants are the source of about 90% of these linguistic offenses IMO.
100% agree. Spent 4 years with a crew of Accenture people - granted they were puking this #### up 15-20 years ago so it wasn't quite as bad.

It really gets me when you hear complete idiots using these retreads trying to sound intelligent.

Adrian Peterson, having missed almost an entire season, may start with a pitch count, but should still finish the year among triple crown contenders for NFL running backs.
No ####ing way are people actually saying this.

. . .

:ptts:

Brady rained down a couple jumpers from three point land last night. Looked good. As long as he keeps his penalty minutes down this year, I could see them doing well on the power play.

Brady rained down a couple jumpers from three point land last night. Looked good. As long as he keeps his penalty minutes down this year, I could see them doing well on the power play.
:confused: Look, what was his plus/minus? Or his ratio of ground outs to air outs???

Last edited by a moderator:
:confused: Look, what was his plus/minus? Or his ratio of ground outs to air outs???
GOOD GOD. MAKE IT STOP.

Updated list

my bad

#### the ocean

"cream cheese-filled"

anywho

the word "whilst"

a veritable cornucopia

postmodern

vacay

have a blessed day

hashtag

samesies

it's all good, bro

jelly as short for jealous

he made his bed

umami

hubby

preggers

out of pocket

snatch-snuzzler

throwback thursday

walk a mile in my shoes

bae

netflix and chill

supposebly

proce point

paleo

90% positive I heard Joe Buck say it about Alshon J. during the Bears game Sunday.

Accrossed.

I have a manager that uses this. I swear she tries to come up with a reason to use this word multiple times in any staff meeting and everytime it is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

And while we're at it, can we ban the term "show runner"? I first heard that in a timdraft, and I thought it was dumb then. Now, it's everywhere I don't want to be.

There was a bit about incorrectly pronounced words on the local sports talk radio this morning. Some of their entries:

Supposebly

Athelete (two syllables)

Febuary

Exspecially

Exscape

Excetera

Nucular

Acrossed

Bob(bed) Wire

Close (instead of Clothes)

Realator

For All Intensive Purposes

Heighth

Sherbert

There was a bit about incorrectly pronounced words on the local sports talk radio this morning. Some of their entries:

Supposebly

Athelete (two syllables)

Febuary

Exspecially

Exscape

Excetera

Nucular

Acrossed

Bob(bed) Wire

Realator

Heighth

Sherbert
I honestly don't know the correct version if this is wrong.

Supposebly

Athelete (two syllables)

Febuary

Exspecially

Exscape

Excetera

Nucular

Acrossed

Bob(bed) Wire

Realator

Heighth

Sherbert
Remove the 2nd "R". People argued that both were correct. They may be for all I know.

Keerock said:
TheIronSheik said:
Keerock said:

Supposebly

Athelete (two syllables)

Febuary

Exspecially

Exscape

Excetera

Nucular

Acrossed

Bob(bed) Wire

Realator

Heighth

Sherbert
Remove the 2nd "R". People argued that both were correct. They may be for all I know.
I think I'd go with both are correct. It should be "sherbet", but I don't know anyone who can easily pronounce it that way without sounding like a doof.

Keerock said:

Supposebly

Athelete (two syllables)

Febuary

Exspecially

Exscape

Excetera

Nucular

Acrossed

Bob(bed) Wire

Realator

Heighth

Sherbert
The only person I have ever heard really pronounce this word the correct way is Jack Nicholson when he was on the stand in A Few Good Men.

"I packed a toothbrush and a change of clow the's

Keerock said:

Heighth
if someone ever creates the technology where you can press a button and nut-punch a sports announcer, it will get used any time they say this.

Scoresman said:
Updated list

my bad

#### the ocean

"cream cheese-filled"

anywho

the word "whilst"

a veritable cornucopia

postmodern

vacay

have a blessed day

hashtag

samesies

it's all good, bro

he made his bed

umami

hubby

preggers

out of pocket

snatch-snuzzler

throwback thursday

walk a mile in my shoes

bae

netflix and chill

supposebly

proce point

paleo
really confused as to what's going on here. why did ""cream cheese filled"" get quotations as if to imply a direct quote. were the rest paraphrased? and are you against people using the phrase "the word "whilst"" or people using the word "whilst".

please advise.

era

as in the Nick Foles era in Philly (spanning, what, two years) or the CJ Anderson era in Denver

Favre era in GB is ok though

Updated list

my bad

#### the ocean

"cream cheese-filled"

anywho

the word "whilst"

a veritable cornucopia

postmodern

vacay

have a blessed day

hashtag

samesies

it's all good, bro

he made his bed

umami

hubby

preggers

out of pocket

snatch-snuzzler

throwback thursday

walk a mile in my shoes

bae

netflix and chill

supposebly

proce point

paleo
really confused as to what's going on here. why did ""cream cheese filled"" get quotations as if to imply a direct quote. were the rest paraphrased? and are you against people using the phrase "the word "whilst"" or people using the word "whilst".

please advise.
christ on a stick

Accrossed.

I have a manager that uses this. I swear she tries to come up with a reason to use this word multiple times in any staff meeting and everytime it is like nails on a chalkboard to me.
Splain this one please.
I think he means, "After administering a richly deserved beat down on his boss, Bull Dozier drug his boss accrossed the parking lot by the hair and slung him into his trunk for further treatment."

Or "nails accrossed the chalkboard."

Users who are viewing this thread