What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phrases/terms that need to be retired immediately (3 Viewers)

i'm still seeing "this." posted a lot.what do we need to do to get rid of it?
thi....oh, never mind.I agree...between that and any time someone asks for a gift idea and gets the "step one, get a box...cut a hole in the box...."We get it...the skit was damn funny a few years ago. Time to let it go. It is not clever anymore.

"grilled to perfection"

Nobody at Applebee's is grilling anything to perfection.

For those with perfect notebooks, I started a thread on this very phrase 5 years ago. Still annoys me.

At my job, they use the word 'promulgate'. As in, "hey, can you promulgate this file?"

Drives me ####ing crazy.

While we're at it, lets go ahead and put an end to this one as well:

"I've rostered ___________ in 3 leagues this season."

Every year, fantasy players lose more and more touch with reality. Your not a GM, guy. :)

While we're at it, lets go ahead and put an end to this one as well:"I've rostered ___________ in 3 leagues this season."Every year, fantasy players lose more and more touch with reality. Your not a GM, guy. :)
I like when they say they're scouting somebody. In other words, you're on the sofa with a beer watching the Fox thursday pre-season game.

Both of the following need to be abolished. Immediately.

Anytime I hear somebody refer to a quality player as, "That guy's a stud!"

and...

When a player sits out a series to get a rest and the announcer says, "He's on the sideline getting a blow."

Awkward.

Any use of the pseudo-word "irregardless."

Any bastardization of a superlative: "somewhat unique" or "all-time greatest"...that sort of thing.

I still hear screeching noises and I get that metallic taste in the back of my mouth everytime I see that snarky "unpack this for me" phrase. Inexcusable. Even if you just enjoy being being a jerkface.

I still hear screeching noises and I get that metallic taste in the back of my mouth everytime I see that snarky "unpack this for me" phrase. Inexcusable. Even if you just enjoy being being a jerkface.
:cry: that phrase makes me want to drop kick someone in the ear hole. It should be banned from public speech. Anyone that uses it should tattoo "I'm an arseface" on their forehead and tattoo "I'm an Idiot" on their arsehole.

Last edited by a moderator:
"running downhill"

Yes, this is a lovely thought, but players run on flat ground.

"late explosion", "plus stuff"

Baseball scouting terms that need to be put out of their misery.

Users who are viewing this thread