Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

NBA trade deadline thread

Juxtatarot

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Commercial Appeal: The Grizzlies have traded a conditional second-round pick in 2013 to the Los Angeles Lakers for Chris Mihm and cash considerations, an NBA source confirmed Wednesday afternoon.

The deal is expected to be announced this evening or tomorrow morning.

Mihm’s $2.5 contract expires after this season

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/...r-/?partner=RSS

The NBA. I love this game
I bet they use that pick on someone from Europe.
If they pick a one year college player, that kid is in 9th grade right now

Kings ship Ruffin to Portland for Diogu and cash.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sport...ves/019745.html

Wasn't Diogu, like Frye, supposed to be an untouchable building block a few years ago for someone? Things change fast.
He was supposed to the the big sleeper in the trade that sent Harrington and Jackson from Indiana to Golden State. I guess Golden State knew what they were doing (this time).

According to ESPN, the Bucks and Spurs are talking about a deal for Jefferson. The Spurs clearly want a perimeter shooter but they don't have the large expirings the Bucks are looking for in a deal involving RJ.

can anyone tell me exactly wtf the Bucks are doing this past year or so?
Aside from getting clobbered with injuries?
well.. there's that but what's with the flurry of trades the last few seasons? most of them make no sense to me at all.
I see what you're saying. There isn't a consistent theme or plan with the personnel moves the Bucks have made. There isn't a common concept behind all of MIL's trades: they're getting older and younger at the same time, and the acquired pieces don't all fit together in one specific style of play.

It wouldn't be the worst thing for the Bucks to slip out of the playoffs and take a low-percentage stab at the draft lottery. However, home playoff games are worth over $1MM each in a mid-market like Milwaukee since the players take a big pay cut in the postseason.

it seemed like they wanted to go defense when they signed Skiles.. then drafted Mbah a Boute. then they picked up Jefferson to compliment Redd. now Redd is hurt and they want to deal Jefferson.

they dump Moe Williams (understandable)but pick up Ridnour and Sessions to fill the void???

and they apparently want to build around Villanueva??? Tim Thomas had more heart.

Why?
Because he was a selfish PG who didn't play defense, dominated the ball on offense while excluding his teammates and was alienating just about everyone in the locker room because he thought he was better than everyone. I know people close to the team and the stories I heard about Mo were not good. He had to go and the Bucks got better as a result. The Cavs got a good shooter and with LeBron in charge there was no chance for Mo to pull his selfish act and undercut the team's chances to win.
And now he plays D :football: It didn't take Brown long to get in his head. He must have been pretty unhappy in Milwaukee.

Like the deal for the Bulls from a talent standpoint, but they've got so many contracts out on average talents & won't be players in the summer 2010 market. Hopefully they can package Gordon's expiring with Deng or Hinrich or Hughes (unlikely)

Only shot in their future is Ty Thomas continues to build on his promise along with Rose. Definitely like the versatility Miller brings to the table and Ty Thomas now a fixture in the starting lineup.-

---------------

I hate that Portland is poised to make a deal for RJ. The guy is overpaid. I wouldn't waste the cap room. (I don't think Jefferson is much of an upgrade over Outlaw). Ridnour's trash & sick of him playing over better point guards.

Kinsey is back for the Cavs tonight. He was a spark when he got minutes before getting injured. This might allow the Cavs to move Wally now that Raef is getting moved. I still think the Cavs stand pat.

Happy or unhappy about that?

Kinsey is back for the Cavs tonight. He was a spark when he got minutes before getting injured. This might allow the Cavs to move Wally now that Raef is getting moved. I still think the Cavs stand pat.

Mixed feelings. I think when you feel like you are this close, you gotta go for it now. If that means taking on a potentially bad contract down the line (Jamison) then maybe you gotta ante up. Saying this town is deperate for a championship is a gross understatement. Then I start thinking about Lebron and Bosh Fall 2010 in Cleveland. I really don't think Lebron will leave and they will be players for anyone else in that class as it stands now. Lebron should be in his absolute prime at that point.

Mixed feelings. I think when you feel like you are this close, you gotta go for it now. If that means taking on a potentially bad contract down the line (Jamison) then maybe you gotta ante up. Saying this town is deperate for a championship is a gross understatement. Then I start thinking about Lebron and Bosh Fall 2010 in Cleveland. I really don't think Lebron will leave and they will be players for anyone else in that class as it stands now. Lebron should be in his absolute prime at that point.
You're way more in the LeBron loop than I am, but from a national standpoint, it seems like he's got one foot out the door. He's had plenty of chances to quash doubt and show some loyalty, but he always leaves the door open. It would bug the hell out of me if I was a Clev fan; I know I was really to let Kobe go when he asked out summer before last.

You're way more in the LeBron loop than I am, but from a national standpoint, it seems like he's got one foot out the door. He's had plenty of chances to quash doubt and show some loyalty, but he always leaves the door open. It would bug the hell out of me if I was a Clev fan; I know I was really to let Kobe go when he asked out summer before last.
It might bug me a little, but why wouldn't anyone leave the door open? It's my belief that he'll be loyal to the Cavs if the Cavs are loyal to him. By that I mean always trying everything to put the best possible team on the court. Ownership opening up the pocketbook and not worrying about salary cap taxes if that's what it takes. Placing winning first. If Lebron is the best thing that has happened to the Cavs, then Gilbert is #2. I can't think of a superstar that has signed early when they had the chance, so I've never expected that. If he wants to turn down more years and money from the Cavs to go elsewhere, especially when the Cavs look set up nicely for the future, then that's his gig. We'll see his true colors then.

As far as the national media goes, it would be no fun if they predicted everyone in 2010 to stay put, especially Lebron. Everyone wants to be right. Everyone wants to dish their scoop. Alot of it is hogwash and blown out of proportion, at least at this point.

We'll talk more about the subject this summer.

Like the deal for the Bulls from a talent standpoint, but they've got so many contracts out on average talents & won't be players in the summer 2010 market. Hopefully they can package Gordon's expiring with Deng or Hinrich or Hughes (unlikely)

Miller and Hughes are off the books in 2010. If the Bulls don't re-sign Gordon or if they trade Hinrich, they can net one of the free agents.

The Rockets, who learned of Tracy McGrady's supposed season-ending microfracture knee surgery from television reports and his personal website, have not yet agreed that his season is over.

"We’re still waiting on second opinions," Rockets GM Daryl Morey said Wednesday. "That was the plan originally, and that’s still the plan. I just talked to his agent (Arn Tellem). Tracy hasn’t seen the doctor who would likely perform whatever procedure he ends up doing," Morey continued. "The decision on the next step is still to be determined." It should be safe to cut McGrady, but this situation has turned into a full-blown soap opera.

Although it's not trade-related and probably won't affect any deals, Granger heard a "pop" in his foot tonight.

I have almost no doubt in my mind that the correct play for Cleveland is to get, via Wally/Hickson...Marcus Camby (and other assorted junk). If possible.

1) His contract is up in 2010. VC is up in 2011, Jamison in 2012. That clears the decks for LeBron and another big player, along with Mo, which sets them up for the decade. And of course, LBJ is grateful for bringing in more help for him.

2) You can never have too much interior defense. Ben Wallace is toast, and an abomination on offense. Varejao is a role player. They have plenty of options on offense with James obviously and now Mo and Ilgauskas.

3) For those who have maligned Camby's skill, or ability to affect the game, consider this: The Clippers get outscored by 4.5 points per 100 possessions when Camby's on the floor. When he's not on the floor, they get outscored by 15 points per 100. That's a pretty massive difference. And Sterling gets to save $7M while getting a cheap, intriguing prospect in Hickson.

Although it's not trade-related and probably won't affect any deals, Granger heard a "pop" in his foot tonight.

I have almost no doubt in my mind that the correct play for Cleveland is to get, via Wally/Hickson...Marcus Camby (and other assorted junk). If possible.

1) His contract is up in 2010. VC is up in 2011, Jamison in 2012. That clears the decks for LeBron and another big player, along with Mo, which sets them up for the decade. And of course, LBJ is grateful for bringing in more help for him.

2) You can never have too much interior defense. Ben Wallace is toast, and an abomination on offense. Varejao is a role player. They have plenty of options on offense with James obviously and now Mo and Ilgauskas.

3) For those who have maligned Camby's skill, or ability to affect the game, consider this: The Clippers get outscored by 4.5 points per 100 possessions when Camby's on the floor. When he's not on the floor, they get outscored by 15 points per 100. That's a pretty massive difference. And Sterling gets to save $7M while getting a cheap, intriguing prospect in Hickson.

There seems to be little chance of the Cavs putting together a deal for Los Angeles Clippers big man Marcus Camby, either. There have been rumors that Camby may be available but a league source termed a Cavs deal with the Clippers as "dead" late Wednesday.

Link

Appears the Cavs won't be making any trades...teams aren't willing to deal them the players they want.

6 more hours!!!!!!

No deals for the Celts, Cavs, or Spurs please!!!!

A source who has been in the know for years tells me that Joe Smith is keeping his fingers crossed that the Thunder do not find another trade for him now that he's back in Oklahoma City.

Smith, the source said, would like to do a buyout and then sign with the Boston Celtics as this season's version of P.J. Brown.

Link

The Rockets, who learned of Tracy McGrady's supposed season-ending microfracture knee surgery from television reports and his personal website, have not yet agreed that his season is over."We’re still waiting on second opinions," Rockets GM Daryl Morey said Wednesday. "That was the plan originally, and that’s still the plan. I just talked to his agent (Arn Tellem). Tracy hasn’t seen the doctor who would likely perform whatever procedure he ends up doing," Morey continued. "The decision on the next step is still to be determined." It should be safe to cut McGrady, but this situation has turned into a full-blown soap opera.

:lmao:

I was stunned to see the Salmons is averaging 18 ppg this year. Solid move by the Bulls in getting 2 above average players for 2 average players especially with Miller's contract being done in 2010. And Salmons can replace Gordon when they dont resign him.

VC rumors hot in NJ - its Portland or nothing it sounds like -

recent proposed deals vary - I have heard NJ wants a pkg of Raef, Outlaw and Fernandez. Portland countering with Raef and Channing Frye. Others have Portlands offer as Raef, Outlaw and Sergio for VC, Ager and CDR but they want a 2011 pick from NJ.

As a Net fan I hope they stay pat as I think the market will be better for VC in the summer but I could live with a Raef, Outlaw, Sergio pkg but would be VERY happy if we got Fernandez.

Either way I trust Thorn...but not Bruce "The Rat" Ratner.

VC rumors hot in NJ - its Portland or nothing it sounds like - recent proposed deals vary - I have heard NJ wants a pkg of Raef, Outlaw and Fernandez. Portland countering with Raef and Channing Frye. Others have Portlands offer as Raef, Outlaw and Sergio for VC, Ager and CDR but they want a 2011 pick from NJ. As a Net fan I hope they stay pat as I think the market will be better for VC in the summer but I could live with a Raef, Outlaw, Sergio pkg but would be VERY happy if we got Fernandez. Either way I trust Thorn...but not Bruce "The Rat" Ratner.

If I'm Portland, I hold firm to the Raef/Frye offer, and dare Thorn to miss the opportunity to get out from under VC's contract when he has the chance.

Cleveland Cavaliers are talking with Phoenix Suns about acquiring Shaquille O'Neal

by Brian Windhorst/Plain Dealer Reporter

Thursday February 19, 2009, 11:28 AM

TORONTO -- From the people around the league I am talking to today, the Cavs are one of the most aggressive teams at this point. They are convinced that they have an advantage as a buyer and do not want to let a chance slip past as teams everywhere are looking to sell.

Several reliable sources have told me they have offered Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic (only $1 million guaranteed) for Shaquille O'Neal. The Suns may want to keep Amare Stoudemire but now have abandoned their plans to play slow down and Shaq is in the way. Also, it would save them millions next season because Wallace's contract actually decreases next season and Pavlovic is not fully guaranteed.

This would be a massive transition for the Cavs, not exactly the sort of deal that doesn't alter the chemistry. I have no idea what it would do to the lineup but I do know Shaq has four championship rings, is having an All-Star season, has an expiring contract next year, and has an excellent relationship with LeBron James.

Over the last few days I've had people throw water on a lot of potential Cavs moves. This one, though, seems to be getting traction right now.

Also, the Cavs are refreshing talks for Richard Jefferson to see if the Bucks will bite. The latest I heard was that Milwaukee is hoping for a better offer elsewhere.

Stay tuned.

Cleveland Cavaliers are talking with Phoenix Suns about acquiring Shaquille O'Neal

TORONTO -- From the people around the league I am talking to today, the Cavs are one of the most aggressive teams at this point. They are convinced that they have an advantage as a buyer and do not want to let a chance slip past as teams everywhere are looking to sell.

Several reliable sources have told me they have offered Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic (only $1 million guaranteed) for Shaquille O'Neal. The Suns may want to keep Amare Stoudemire but now have abandoned their plans to play slow down and Shaq is in the way. Also, it would save them millions next season because Wallace's contract actually decreases next season and Pavlovic is not fully guaranteed.

This would be a massive transition for the Cavs, not exactly the sort of deal that doesn't alter the chemistry. I have no idea what it would do to the lineup but I do know Shaq has four championship rings, is having an All-Star season, has an expiring contract next year, and has an excellent relationship with LeBron James.

Over the last few days I've had people throw water on a lot of potential Cavs moves. This one, though, seems to be getting traction right now.

Also, the Cavs are refreshing talks for Richard Jefferson to see if the Bucks will bite. The latest I heard was that Milwaukee is hoping for a better offer elsewhere.

Stay tuned.

:shrug:

Getting Shaq by moving Wallace/Sasha and keeping Hickson/Varejao/Wally? Too good to be true.

edited to take out the Wallace contract part...Shaq is guaranteed next year for more than Wallace, but then expires at the same time...no biggie for the Cavs tho to take on more.

Stay tuned.

:shrug:

Getting Shaq by moving Wallace/Sasha and keeping Hickson/Varejao/Wally? Too good to be true.

edited to take out the Wallace contract part...Shaq is guaranteed next year for more than Wallace, but then expires at the same time...no biggie for the Cavs tho to take on more.

Better player, but what does this do to chemistry? Weird, IMO.

Stay tuned.

:thumbup:

Better player, but what does this do to chemistry? Weird, IMO.
I don't know, but I'd take a chance to find out if it's Wallace and Sasha being moved. Thinking they could start Andy and run Shaq off the bench with Hickson (or make a move for Joe Smith). You might even be able to get away with Shaq and Z on the court together against the Celts.

Archived