Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

NBA trade deadline thread

Juxtatarot

It's a good trade for the Magic...it gives them the hope of being competitive with Cleveland in round 2, where they may not have even got there with that pupu platter at PG.

Did I already miss Round 1? What month is it?
How often do upsets happen in round 1? I guess Miami could trip somebody up, but at this point odds are Cle-Orl in rd 2.
Odds are just as likely it's Bos-Orl in Rd 2.
ok?

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a good trade for the Magic...it gives them the hope of being competitive with Cleveland in round 2, where they may not have even got there with that pupu platter at PG.

How often do upsets happen in round 1? I guess Miami could trip somebody up, but at this point odds are Cle-Orl in rd 2.
ok?
You disagree?

ok?
You disagree?
I don't really care. I was just speaking in general terms. Guess I could have said Cle/Bos, but I didn't expect it to raise any eyebrows.

ok?
You disagree?
I don't really care. I was just speaking in general terms. Guess I could have said Cle/Bos, but I didn't expect it to raise any eyebrows.
And I was just pointing out that your "general terms" dismiss the chance of either Cle or Orl getting the No. 1 seed.

ok?
You disagree?
And I was just pointing out that your "general terms" dismiss the chance of either Cle or Orl getting the No. 1 seed.
ok?

luckily, they'll play it out.

ok?
You disagree?
ok?

luckily, they'll play it out.

ok?

Wow, Yahoo! reported that the Spurs had a deal with the Clips for Marcus Camby that broke down right at the deadline. They said the Clippers backed down at the last minute.Thank You Clippers!!!!

I would have been pretty happy with the addition of Camby. That said, I'm ok with the team standing pat.

Amare Stoudemire is expected to miss the rest of the regular season after undergoing surgery Friday morning to repair a partially detached retina in his right eye, according to Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic.

This is the same eye that Boris Diaw poked in training camp and Stoudemire is expected to miss at least eight weeks. The Suns' regular season ends eight weeks from today. This is tough to swallow, especially with no warning, but Shaquille O'Neal obviously remains an excellent fantasy play, while Louis Amundson and Matt Barnes should both see a big bump in playing time going forward.

Amare Stoudemire is expected to miss the rest of the regular season after undergoing surgery Friday morning to repair a partially detached retina in his right eye, according to Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic.This is the same eye that Boris Diaw poked in training camp and Stoudemire is expected to miss at least eight weeks. The Suns' regular season ends eight weeks from today. This is tough to swallow, especially with no warning, but Shaquille O'Neal obviously remains an excellent fantasy play, while Louis Amundson and Matt Barnes should both see a big bump in playing time going forward.

They told him to wear goggles of some sort after the first injury. Maybe he'll rethink that now.

Can someone help me out and explain why chicago took jerome james off our hands. Hes only played in a handful of gamas as a knick and has a player option for 6 million next year. If hugues is getting paid 12 mil next they are only saving 6 million?

Chicago even waived the physical.

The Nets were very close to moving Carter at the deadline. How close? One source told me the Nets agreed to send two future firsts (Dallas' and Golden State's) along with Carter to the Blazers for Raef LaFrentz. The Blazers, however, turned them down.

From Chad Ford's article today. Wow.

The Nets were very close to moving Carter at the deadline. How close? One source told me the Nets agreed to send two future firsts (Dallas' and Golden State's) along with Carter to the Blazers for Raef LaFrentz. The Blazers, however, turned them down.

As usual as of late, the Blazers make the correct move.

Kevin Durant>>>> Greg Oden

I agree, it just goes to show you how deals today are less about talent and more about finances. This would have made the Pau Gasol deal look like an even swap.

I'd still take a potentially dominant center down the road in Oden drafting 2day. :eek:Big props to them passing on Vince Carter. The core is and should be Roy-Aldridge-Oden & not an aging free lance jump shooter.I see this team as built as a championship contender 2 years from now. I think Oden makes a nice jump up next year.

I'd still take a potentially dominant center down the road in Oden drafting 2day. :shrug:Big props to them passing on Vince Carter. The core is and should be Roy-Aldridge-Oden & not an aging free lance jump shooter.I see this team as built as a championship contender 2 years from now. I think Oden makes a nice jump up next year.
Have you watched Durant play lately? He is one of the most efficient scorers in the league. He just dropped 32 points and 9 rebounds on the Lakers and has been on fire since the coaching/position change. Meanwhile Greg Oden is missing games with sore knees. One should have been an all star and the other has been a good role player. I don't see how not trading Raef LaFrentz is some sort of great move. It just means the Blazers owner values the money he will get from the insurer and a lesser luxury tax bill more than NBA talent.

I'd still take a potentially dominant center down the road in Oden drafting 2day. :goodposting:Big props to them passing on Vince Carter. The core is and should be Roy-Aldridge-Oden & not an aging free lance jump shooter.I see this team as built as a championship contender 2 years from now. I think Oden makes a nice jump up next year.
Have you watched Durant play lately? He is one of the most efficient scorers in the league. He just dropped 32 points and 9 rebounds on the Lakers and has been on fire since the coaching/position change. Meanwhile Greg Oden is missing games with sore knees. One should have been an all star and the other has been a good role player. I don't see how not trading Raef LaFrentz is some sort of great move. It just means the Blazers owner values the money he will get from the insurer and a lesser luxury tax bill more than NBA talent.
I've seen a bit of Durant. He's been great the last couple months no doubt. Oden's expectedly struggled from microfracture, but 1 year doesn't make a career. Durant wasn't lighting the league on fire in year 1 either. I expect Oden to be a double-double guy next year. It has nothing at all to do with getting rid of LaFrentz.....it's taking on Carter's contract. Roy and Aldridge should be 1A and 1B for the next couple years. Not playing second/third fiddle to an aging free lance jump shooter who won't make them any closer to winning a title. If Oden develops as I think he will, it's gravy for an already tremendously built team.Guess we'll agree to disagree. I'd still take Oden #1 today. :lmao:FWIW Post #609 of this thread I posted I thought the best move at the deadline was the Blazers NOT taking on Jefferson's or Carter's contracts. Develop what you have.....see what you have......then go out & get what you need. Don't take on an overinflated contract....just because you can. You can ALWAYS take on those contracts for the next 2 (?) years.

I've seen a bit of Durant. He's been great the last couple months no doubt. 1 year doesn't make a career. Durant wasn't lighting the league on fire in year 1 either.

:D
After Lebron and Howard, Durant is the most untouchable player in the league. Twenty-years-old averaging 26pts a game while shooting more then 48%.Kid is a phenom. OC would laugh if you offered Oden for Durant at this point. Many debated it at the time of the draft. Now? There is no debate.

I've seen a bit of Durant. He's been great the last couple months no doubt. 1 year doesn't make a career. Durant wasn't lighting the league on fire in year 1 either.

:D
After Lebron and Howard, Durant is the most untouchable player in the league. Twenty-years-old averaging 26pts a game while shooting more then 48%.Kid is a phenom. OC would laugh if you offered Oden for Durant at this point. Many debated it at the time of the draft. Now? There is no debate.
i agree with this. Durant has exceeded all expectations, and he's doing it entirely with his skill. Imagine the monster he'll be in 4-5 years when he grows into his body. Remember, KG looked like this when he was this age, all arms and legs with absolutely no strength.ETA: CP3 has to be in the discussion as well.

I agree, it just goes to show you how deals today are less about talent and more about finances. This would have made the Pau Gasol deal look like an even swap.
:confused:

Camby + Cavs = Championship...LA would probably do it for Wally and Hickson i would think

Marcus Camby is one of the most overrated big men in the game. He blocks shots, yes. Otherwise he is a very pedestrian player.
Well, as we can see, his return to the Clippers hasn't helped them very much.

:goodposting:
i agree with this. Durant has exceeded all expectations, and he's doing it entirely with his skill. Imagine the monster he'll be in 4-5 years when he grows into his body. Remember, KG looked like this when he was this age, all arms and legs with absolutely no strength.ETA: CP3 has to be in the discussion as well.
BTW, I REALLY hope Durant plays for the USA in '12. Him on the court with the aforementioned players would be super-fun to watch.

BTW, I REALLY hope Durant plays for the USA in '12. Him on the court with the aforementioned players would be super-fun to watch.
This would be a good idea, especially since the team's been light on shooting.

This would be a good idea, especially since the team's been light on shooting.
#### shooting. ALL DUNKS.Eric Gordon might be a good bench option as well, as long as he doesn't get Clippered.

Eric Gordon might be a good bench option as well, as long as he doesn't get Clippered.

Not a Sterling fan, and I'm sure his recent luck is due to karma based on his past, but the team he assembled this year should have been competitive. Pairing Davis and Camby is questionable, but at least he took a shot.I've always like Davis, but he's losing a lot of credibility the way he's pouting this year. Motivation should never be an issue if you're an elite player.

Camby + Cavs = Championship...LA would probably do it for Wally and Hickson i would think

Marcus Camby is one of the most overrated big men in the game. He blocks shots, yes. Otherwise he is a very pedestrian player.
Well, as we can see, his return to the Clippers hasn't helped them very much.
:shrug:

• 3 months later...

:stalker:

I think we're holding steady. No problems with that from me
me either
How do you guys feel now? I thought this was a huge mistake by Danny Ferry.
It isn't Ferry's money. Assuming it would have been Wally plus Pavlovic for Shaq, that's a huge luxury tax hit next year.

i agree with the bitter tragic homer - Rafer is a big upgrade from AJ and Lue. Now all they need is a LeBron ankle injury and a Garnett torn ACL and Orlando suddenly is a coin flip for the NBA finals.

bitter :stalker:. This has been the best Magic season in a decade. Of course, I didn't start rooting for a team that plays 3000 miles away from me, either.
:violin:

I think we're holding steady. No problems with that from me
me either
How do you guys feel now? I thought this was a huge mistake by Danny Ferry.
It isn't Ferry's money. Assuming it would have been Wally plus Pavlovic for Shaq, that's a huge luxury tax hit next year.
They also offered Wally to the Bucks for Richard Jefferson and Milwaukee turned it down. Had the Cavs included a little more like Hickson and/or their pick this year it might have gotten done. In retrospect, having another perimeter scorer with size would've been a huge help for the Cavs against Orlando.

They also offered Wally to the Bucks for Richard Jefferson and Milwaukee turned it down. Had the Cavs included a little more like Hickson and/or their pick this year it might have gotten done. In retrospect, having another perimeter scorer with size would've been a huge help for the Cavs against Orlando.

i think jefferson's ability to put the ball on the floor and attack the basket would be an asset too. no one on the cavs seemed to drive into the lane but lebron. certainly no one could finish at the rim or be a finisher in a fast break opportunity but lbj.

i think jefferson's ability to put the ball on the floor and attack the basket would be an asset too. no one on the cavs seemed to drive into the lane but lebron. certainly no one could finish at the rim or be a finisher in a fast break opportunity but lbj.
I agree. They also were still trying to get Redd before he got hurt. That's when they shifted their attention to Jefferson. I think both of those guys would've helped the Cavs immensely - not only from a size standpoint but taking some pressure off LeBron given how awful Williams and Ilgauskas were.

I agree. They also were still trying to get Redd before he got hurt. That's when they shifted their attention to Jefferson. I think both of those guys would've helped the Cavs immensely - not only from a size standpoint but taking some pressure off LeBron given how awful Williams and Ilgauskas were.
Z was really only awful because of the matchup, i think. he wasn't a liability in either of the preceding series. they were teams that didn't have a legit 5, much less an All-NBA and DPOY. Even then, Z was able to rebound. it's just he was abused by Howard pretty much throughout the series.

Z was really only awful because of the matchup, i think. he wasn't a liability in either of the preceding series. they were teams that didn't have a legit 5, much less an All-NBA and DPOY. Even then, Z was able to rebound. it's just he was abused by Howard pretty much throughout the series.
Agreed - this was a very bad matchup for Ilgauskas, and it's equally a very bad matchup for about 25 other teams. In Ilgauskas' case, he doesn't have the speed to stay with Howard. Like you said, in other series, it doesn't hinder the Cavs because they neither Atlanta or Detroit had dominant low post scoring.

Archived